Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Proposal of Sorts [Cody Jorin]

Akodya Mune

A
Akodya had never really shown much interest in the Republic's military in the past, but in light of recent events the padawan saw it as the only way to be of service to the people. As a youngling, the girl had thought that just being a healer was enough, walking around the temple and helping to heal sick and injured Jedi...but her mind had undoubtedly changed. In order to do some good, some genuine good, she would need to be directly apart of Republic conflict. After seeing the extend of the damage of the chemical weapon that had plagued the civilians of Iridonia...guilt had slowly eaten away at her. She had been helpless to save lives then and she was determined to never be that way again.

Striding down the winding hallways with dark hair and robes trailing behind her, Akodya held her head high. She had been chewing on this plan for a while now. She hadn't even told her Master where she was going today. Her eyes flickered over the signs above office doors that were shining a brilliant gold against the dull walls, names and ranks stamped proudly into the metal. It was almost intimidating. Once reaching the end of the hall, her Hazel gaze hovered over one name...

Sergeant Major Cody Jorin.

She had been informed he would be in his workplace at this time and possibly available to consider her little offer.

Looking down at the door, Akodya bit her lower lip nervously. What are you waiting for? the worse thing he can do is kick you out, it isn't like he was going to rip you to shreds like a mad vinecat...

Pushing a long strand of hair out of her face and straightening her back, Akodya slipped back into her regular formalities before the entrance automatically slid open. Walking into the room and dipping her head a little in respect, Akodya introduced herself and offered a charming and polite smile.

"Hello Sergeant Major Jorin, I am Padawan Mune of the Jedi Order...May I speak with you?"

Sitting at his desk in silence was the Republic Chief of The Military, originally, the writer had made an uber-long post with Jorin laying into a punching bag and have flashbacks. But sadly, the writers internet decided to be a dick and erase all of what he'd written. "No one has called me Sergeant Major since Metalorn miss Mune, you can call me Cody, now please, take a seat. What may I help you with?" He questioned, his eyes setting on @[member="Akodya Mune"] as he awaited her reply.

But Jorin was a curious one, something was itching at the back of his head, he wanted to know a little more about the woman standing before him. "If I may ask miss Mune, who is your master?" Cody asked, leaning back into his leather chair.

Akodya Mune

A
Akodya's eyes widened a fraction as soon as Cod he spoke. She hadn't pictured the Republic Chief of the Military so...young. She also hadn't expected him to be so friendly. Taking his offer Akodya sat down in the seat opposite his desk, her hands neatly folded in her lap. This scenario was far to familiar. Thoughts of her times in Senator Khantor Ruu's office flooded her mind, guilt settling itself in once again. The replaying images were broken by Cody's question, forcing her to return her focus to the present time.

"My master is Jedi Knight Joshua DragonsFlame." She answered with her tone stiff and proper, it was a voice she reserved for speaking with those of political and powerful positions. Yes, your master and teacher, Josh, whom doesn't know where you are, or why you are gone from the temple. She thought to herself, brushing a long strand of dark hair out her her face. As Cody leaned back in his leather chair, the padawan took the opportunity to study him. There was something in his eyes that made her curious. She sensed a struggle within him, one he was masking quite well, from her at least. Her heart sunk.

Ignoring that feeling for the time being, Akodya took a tiny breath."Sergean- I mean Cody," She corrected herself, the formal voice dropped altogether. "I understand that you believe that the best way for the Republic's military to thrive is to have Jedi commanding your soldiers, right?" She began, her eyes flickering over the man's face as she waited for him response.

@[member="Cody Jorin"]

"Hah! Josh? Did he tell you I was the one who found him and brought him to the Jedi?" He questioned, a smile forming on his face, before slowly fading away as he listened intently to @[member="Akodya Mune"]. Memories replayed, a lightship cracking, cutting down his men, and him…Disciple, the man who had unleashed the Gulag plauge on the galaxy. Then there was Mordin, the fear that had been on Metalorn that day had been indescribable.

Snapping himself back into focus, he nodded in response to Akodya. "I don't know about the best, but Jedi certainly can be spectacular commanders, and I support them continuing to do that job." Jorin replied, he looked into her eyes and could tell she was searching for something, something within him. But he couldn't tell what.

Akodya Mune

A
"You found Joshua? I had no idea." She said with a small smile to mirror his. Her master had not mentioned that. Then again, he didn't talk about his past much. Her own smile disappeared from her lips as she watched his fall. A wave of sorrow radiated of Cody again, hitting Akodya with unbelievable force. What was he thinking about?

Switching back to the topic at hand, the Jedi thinking about the Sergeant's reply. "Would you feel the same about assigning...Jedi healers?" She asked hesitantly, biting her lower lip. "I just...I think soldiers need more psychological aid in the field in order to prevent severe depression and PTSD. I have witnessed some events I wish I hadn't, and I know your men must have seen far worse. By providing healers in certain divisions Jedi can help in combat as commanders and as medics for psychical and emotional wounds." She explained as best she could, her hazel eyes locking on his green ones.

"I think war guilt causes far more damage to a man then a blaster."

@[member="Cody Jorin"]

"You have no idea how correct that statement is."

Jorin felt a surge of pain as he said those cryptic words that cut through his very being. "I'm in full favor of that action, it has my vote." He stated, agreeing with @[member="Akodya Mune"] with little hesitation. She had seemed nervous, which was justified in every sense of the word, what she spoke of tread on sensitive territory, but it needed to be treaded on. Not only could Jedi heal blaster wounds, but they could heal the mental ones too, the ones which were so deeply cut into Jorin's own mind.

Akodya Mune

A
"Thank you, Sergeant. If this idea does become a reality, I would like to volunteer myself to be assigned." She blurted out. The turbulence and turmoil she had been feeling boil inside of her since Iridonia was beginning to subside as Jorin's words left his lips. Although it did not bring her happiness as she understood the challenges that were ahead, a small weight had lefted of her shoulders. She was going to do it. She was going save lives, and help people who need it.

Turning her attention back to Jorin, she noted the tone. There was something personal shadowing his statement. She wondered in his years of service, he had experienced his own version of Iridonia. The padawan found herself studying the man once again with a look of concern on her face.

"I don't mean to pry, but have you witnessed the effects of...guilt?" She said softly, searching for any sign of a burden he might carry.

@[member="Cody Jorin"]

Jorin felt a knot for in his gut, he knew she'd ask that, he'd knew it. Sighing and looking down at his feet, Jorin took a few deep breaths before looking up at @[member="Akodya Mune"]. He didn't even have to answer, one could look into his eyes and see the remorse for what he'd done in the past, but being Jorin, he would say something. "I-I guess…I guess you could say that I have miss Mune." He stammered, not completely sure he was to go about this. It was obvious she wanted to help,but did he even deserve help at this point?

Akodya Mune

A
"Would you like to make peace with it?"

Akodya watched as Cody Jorin seemed to break into a smaller man. The sorrow, the regret and the self loathing peeking through the green of his eyes. Her own breath hitched as she stared back into his sad gaze. The dark and ever growing emotions that the soldier seemed to have locked inside himself were open to the Jedi, the young woman could feel every single one. It made her own heart shatter...but she tried not to show it. He probably didn't want her pity. "You can call me Akodya, if you'd like." She said with a small comforting smile. She never thought she'd ever say that. Stiff, formal, serious Padawan Mune, had actually asked to be called by her first name.

@[member="Cody Jorin"]

@[member="Akodya Mune"]

"Yes, yes I would Akodya." Jorin said firmly, looking into her eyes with the slightest bit if desperation in his eyes. He needed this, he need it gone, he didn't want it anymore. All of the depression and self-hate, it had to be purged from his mind so he could better the Republic. Like everything he did, this was for the Republic.

Akodya Mune

A
The jedi smiled, bringing her chair closer to his desk. "Alright then Sergaent, I can help you if you are willing to tell me exactly what you are experiencing. Lack of sleep? Flashbacks? Anxious behaviours? That way when we face the triggers we can find the perfect way to resolve it." She explained. She had learnt that the best way to make someone feel comfortable is too keep them in the loop. When dealing with such semiotics healingd like a phycological heal, Akodya preferred to not go straight in and aliter the persons mind. She just needed to get the person to understand the past is the past.

Placing her hands on the table Akodya cocked her head to the side, her eyes flickering across his face.

@[member="Cody Jorin"]

"All of the above I'm afraid." Cody grumbled, a bit ashamed of himself for consenting to this. He had been a damned ARC Trooper, the best of the best, he wasn't supposed to break. He hung his head momentarily before looking up to @[member="Akodya Mune"]. She could fix him supposedly, and it was his duty to the Republic to be in the best condition he could be. Slowly but surly, the nervousness would fade, all the mans muscle which had been previously tensed relaxed. Cody had to do this.

Akodya Mune

A
"I see," She uttered, tapping her chin and biting down on her lower lip. Jorin didn't seem to pleased to have to share this with her which she could understand, and the fact she just met him probably wasn't to encouraging. Then again, she knew his breed. Looking at him now she could tell he was strong in more ways than one. How else would he have gained such a position as this?

"Today, I think, I can only give you temporary relief, so you can get a good sleep tonight. Sound good?" She said, her tiny smile not wavering. In order to get started, she would have to make physical contact with the area in need, in this case, his head. She wasn't sure how to go about asking him that. He was after all of extreme high political rank. Akodya stood up slowly and looked down at Cody Jorin, his muscles tensed and a nervous expression plastered on his face. "Is it alright if I touch your head? I need to do so in order for this to succeed."

@[member="Cody Jorin"]

Jorin nodded in compliance, willing for the Jedi to do whatever was necessary to give himself a good night's sleep. Relaxing himself, he leaned in closer so @[member="Akodya Mune"] could get to work on repairing his mind. Jorin just wanted to sleep, just feel some peace, and for that he would not let his pride interfere this once. (sorry for the shortness, never was good at fluffing things up.)

Akodya Mune

A
Akodya gently placed her fingers on the man's temples, focusing on the emotion and distress that she had been sensing from him the whole time. Her touch was feather light and tender, although she kept her distance. She didn't want to freak the poor guy. Her force lead her into his mind, straight to the source of all his emotions. hunting through everything and trying not to pry at the same time, she found a happy memory. She didn't direct her concentration on the memory itself, but the joy that surrounded it.

(OOC: It's okay, I am actually running low on things to say...maybe it would have been better to do a more action packed thread. LOL)

@[member="Cody Jorin"]

As joy flowed in and pain rolled out, Jorin sighed in relief, opening his eyes and looking into those of @[member="Akodya Mune"], he smirked. "Thank you Akodya, is there anything I could do for you in return? Anything at all?" Jorin asked, a feeling of relief rushing over the former soldier as he stood. He needed to find a way to repay the woman before him. What would she want? A ship? Some commandos? Dinner? He didn't know.

Akodya Mune

A
"It's fine, really. Just keep me posted about that healing position." She said, smiling back down at him. It felt great knowing she had helped. Her own body relaxing a bit, Akodya ran her fingers through her long hair. Today had undoubtedly started out brilliant. "I can leave you my com channel if you want? just in case." She offered, a little bit sheepishly.

@[member="Cody Jorin"]

"That'd be lovely Akodya, and I'm serious, if you need anything wether it be soldiers, dinner, or something else, let me know." Jorin said with a smile. Inside his head he was hitting himself repeatedly. Had he just said dinner? Out loud? What was Jorin thinking? He sighed with a slight chuckle and leaned back in his chair.

@[member="Akodya Mune"]

Akodya Mune

A
Akodya's heart skipped a beat. Did she just hear what she thought she just heard? Dinner? is a meal together implied? No, she must have heard wrong. Her back straightened up like lightening, trying to regain composer. "Alright, I will keep your offer in mind." She said politely, her face growing a little bit hot. Why are you getting all flustered over something you THINK he may have said? Or, more in importantly, WHY ARE YOU FLUSTERED? She thought to herself, before looking back at Jorin. Why'd he have to sigh like that?

@[member="Cody Jorin"]

Jorin smiled, and nodded, resisting the urge to chuckle just a bit at her reaction. But as her face grew hot so did his, which left the man nervously scratching his head. He didn't really know what to do from here. She was still in his office, perhaps she had more to say? No, surely she sou;d've said it already. Here goes nothing. He thought. "Is it me, or did the idea of dinner sound good to you? Because I'm starved." He asked jokingly.

@[member="Akodya Mune"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom