Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Promise is a Promise

Brayden Antares

B
Just prior to arriving at Eve's position and almost immediately after Brayden had passed under the cover of the thick forest canopy a sensation crashed against his very soul. For a moment, confusion mixed with shock registered on the Prince's features. Stopping abruptly, the large Endelaan native snapped his head back in the direction of the Forbidden Temple. The confusion he'd felt radiate through his body was certainly not in regards to what the sensation was. Brayden Antares would recognize his mother's presence in any area, at any time, and under any condition. Of all the members of his family, he was closest to her in many ways. Further more, it had been her warm, enveloping strength that had comforted and protected him within The Darkness.

For the briefest of moments, Brayden was conflicted. Did he run to the sudden materialization of his mother's presence or continue on his current course? The Warrior quickly decided as he took off at a sprint...only to stop after five powerful strides. No. If it really was his mother, she was more than capable of tending to herself...despite the errant confusion he marginally sensed within her powerful presence. Further more, as Brayden had stretched his presence back in the direction of the Forbidden Temple...it was not merely Nessarose deWinter that he sensed. The strong radiance of [member="Faye Malvern"]'s presence touched his mind as well. The woman that he loved and cared for beyond any measurable standard. The woman that had fallen to danger simply because of him. If not for the sake of Endelaan, he owed his dedication to the present quandary to Faye. He had to protect her.

No sooner had the concoction of thoughts faded than the presence of his mother snapped out of existence. Exhaling heavily, Brayden pushed the sudden sensation aside for investigation at another time. With all of the Force activity on Endelaan, there could have been any number of explanations.

Eventually, Brayden reached Eve and listened intently as she delivered her information. Once the woman finished, Brayden ran a hand through his hair with a frustrated sigh. "I see. My meeting with the Captain of the King's Own and Leader of the Ravens did not reveal much greater...specificity. They reported that the Seraphine have, at least publicly, been very supportive of both my parents. They did say some of the younger members of the Seraphine tend to grate against some of the...traditions of the past but ultimately do not cause many waves." Brayden paused for one moment as he considered something. "They did mention one name from among the populace as being something of a leading proponent for the idea of Endelaan...joining the greater galaxy in earnest? Does the name Arastos ring a bell? They did mention he exercises no real military influence despite being a Warrior. I would think that his wealth and involvement in Endelaan's modernization gives him some kind of clout, but the analysis I've heard indicates that most of the population of Endelaan is not particularly moved by such things. I'm new here, however, so I'm curious what you think...as someone that has been born and raised here."

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

xPD93m.jpg

[member="Brayden Antares"]

Eve listened quietly as the Prince told her of what he had done and had learned. There was nothing in there that she did not know about. Nearly everyone on Endelaan knew who Arastos was; he was featured often enough in the news, though most of it had to do with business and economics. The Seraphine was hardly news at all. But then again, she realized this time more tangibly, Brayden had not grown up on Endelaan. This Endelaan, in the present, was new to him. It was seven hundred years since his parents' active rule, and she would have to remember that as she guided him in what she could. The knowledge he had was scarce more than that of a child, but what he was facing and was about to face was more than enough for several adult life times.

"There are more than a few voices who express the wish to join the rest of the galaxy and remove our cover of secrecy," she nodded, "Arastos has attempted to sway followers to his side, yet he was never overly successful in gaining enough numbers to make a viable attempt. It is true that most people have no care of his vision… But those that do are not as minor as they were once."

Was Arastos under surveillance by the King's Own? That would not surprise her, though if he had ever done something that required action to be taken against him… No. All of Endelaan would have known.

"He is too well known to risk doing something," Eve said at last, "if he does more than merely speak of his vision and attempt to gain followers, he risks his entire family. Reputation is as important as it has ever been. If he tried something and was caught… His entire family would carry the stain for generations to come.

I have a hard time imagining that there are many that would out right attempt to dispose of you. You are the son of Nessarose deWinter and Brayden Antares. Whoever is behind this… Would be an extremely minor extreme."

But how did they move from here? Eve shook her head. "It is not wrong to go against the beliefs of Endelaan or think changes must be done. Our current society is the result of many changes that have occurred, some organically and some with a guiding hand. But at present I cannot see another way other than rounding up all those who have been vocal about more extreme changes, yet that will not necessarily yield as the guilty people, and will more likely cause antagonism."

Again Eve felt like a toxic fish out of water.

"I still believe that leaving for a little while and letting the King's Own and the Seraphine handle it is the best solution. Keep yourself safe, keep your Sorceress safe."

And perhaps, Eve thought, she should go away with him. His absence would not ensure her safety. Even if she had been under the fire once for simply being involved, there was no guarantee that without his presence she would be safe. Especially since now the Circle knew of her involvement and what she was searching for as well.

Brayden Antares

B
Brayden nodded simply to Eve's statements. He agreed with much of what she'd said as it mirrored his own thoughts. "No. There is no use to rounding up anyone and everyone that has ever been vocal about a change." In this instance, even Brayden knew that he had learned far too little about the greater galaxy to have an objective opinion. Once again, the Sith Lord felt completely inadequate to the task of rule. At least, he certainly did not view himself ready in the moment...likely not for quite some time. Still, he did have a duty to look after the orderly conduct of Endelaan. An attempt on a life of the Royal Family and a member of the Council, however, was certainly not in keeping with orderly conduct.

"There need not be many...only a handful. I cannot imagine any person on Endelaan being so foolish as to attempt and outright, obvious offensive against any of Endelaan's executive entities." For a moment, the young Prince paused. "I can, however, see a small nucleus of individuals that profit from Endelaan's current state utilizing discreet actions to incite rebellion or outrage. That is what destabilizes a power base. The question is...who stands to profit from such? Who would be threatened by Endelaan stagnating in its progress or, worse, regressing."

Casually stroking his chin, Brayden narrowed his eyes into the distance. "I can see someone attempting to use the news of my return and life as a narrative for Endelaan returning to the way it once was." Slowly, Brayden shifted his gaze back to Eve. "Despite the fact it isn't true."

Then...Eve once again brought up the idea of departing Endelaan. Rubbing his right temple, Brayden pursed his lips in silence for several moments. "The three of us will depart Endelaan when the body is ready. I will not abandon something so important to my sister unless the situation turns completely dire. However..." Brayden's voice trailed as he considered the implications of what he was about to say. The fact he'd still heard nothing from Caid left a little to be desired. Aiden, however, had stated that he was already close and would be with them in a day's time. "Once my Uncles have arrived, we can sequester ourselves somewhere safe. I have faith in the King's Own and the Ravens, but I would feel more comfortable with...a non-Endelaan member of my family around to assist in...supervising efforts. Also...it may yet help to draw out our would be schemers."

Clasping his hands behind his back, Brayden stifled a laugh. "You did not meet Aiden during his one and only visit to Endelaan. Caid has been here a few times. I want to see how the Seraphine, Council, and others...respond." Locking eyes with the woman, Brayden allowed his expression to neutralize completely. Caid was not the concern. Aiden, on the other hand... Well, Aiden was not like the rest of them.

Little did Brayden know, he was initiating a path that would not terminate in the manner in which the young Prince...expected.

xPD93m.jpg

No, she had not met this Aiden when he was on the planet. The truth of the matter was that the people of Endelaan did not know the entire tree; children made outside of it were unknown on the planet, though if any were to visit, Endelaan ought to have known. The presence of any of the green and silver eyed was different than those of the others who lived and were born on the planet, and so the mere notion that a Prince of Endelaan had arrived and few to none knew about it was unsettling as well.

Still, at least Brayden had agreed to sequester himself as soon as his uncles arrived. That was a small mercy.

But who would benefit or even be threatened by Endelaan regressing or stagnating its progress? Surely those who were in economic power would have the easiest time adapting, so to them it would be a temporary discomfort at worst. Eve shook her head as she tried to think. There had to be something she could conjure, come up with, prior to the meeting with the Seraphine. Yet no matter which angle she tried to tackle the situation from, her mind drew a blank. Eve was where she was because she was a Seer, not because she was a key political figure.

"You need allies in this," she noted, hoping her disappointment of herself did not sound too harshly through, "Allies who would be better than me, and offer better information and insights. I am unsure of my ability to give you the proper aid."

Brayden Antares

B
Brayden arched a curious brow at Eve. Whether she was trying to hide it or not, her statement spoke volumes of her confidence in herself regardless of intent. "You are on the Council for a reason, Eve. Unless something has changed and the ill-equipped are now being brought into one of the critical components of Endelaan." Taking a casual step forward, Brayden managed a warm smile as he placed a hand on her shoulder as he'd done before. Following a soft squeeze, the Prince nodded his head. "You are the one that brought me the information about my mother's embryos. You've given me insight into a great many things happening on Endelaan, and you, far as I can tell, have been a loyal friend since my official return home. What I need now and forever...what my parents need are the traits you embody."

Releasing Eve's shoulder, Brayden took a step back though the smile lingered on his lips. "However, you are correct in a way. The three of us cannot merely stand alone. Even with the assistance of the Ravens and the King's Own, there will always be dissent and differences of opinion." Clasping his hands behind his back, Brayden inhaled deeply. "I am not here to replace anyone or enact wide-sweeping edicts." For certain, Brayden knew he was not yet ready for that level of responsibility. Perhaps if Endelaan was still in the largely primitive state it had been when his mother assumed power...things would be different. "There is much to be learned, and my only true desire is to nurture the faith and devotion the people have in my family. That can only happen if we are present...at least one of us on a relatively routine basis for the time being. The people need to know that their opinions are welcome, but there needs to be a mechanism to make that happen. Obviously...I do not want lines as long as the entire continent outside the doors to the Forbidden Temple."

Tilting his head slightly, Brayden posed a question or rather a suggestion to Eve. "Similarly with current threats, I do not believe it wise to make visits to each town on any type of predictable basis to solicit the input of the people. Perhaps...my Uncles may yet have a suggestion. Do you have one? My intent here is not to open the floodgates to a network of useless complaints devoid of any element of suggested resolution. I do not know. In the past I believe my mother relied on the Clan Leaders to keep her appraised." No sooner had the words left his lips than a thought struck the Prince as he worked through the problem out loud. "Unless we restructure the Seraphine. A Warrior and a Sorceress from each town of Endelaan, joined with the Ancient One, to serve as a permanent advisory body to the King and Queen. Then in the absence of either, they perform the same functions they are presently performing. It ensures the interest of each unique group of people on Endelaan are represented to the Throne."

Waving a dismissive hand, Brayden sighed. "Anyways. A suggestion, but not one that can be implemented any time soon. Not until..." Brayden thought back to the sweeping sensation of his mother that had recently passed through his mind. "Someone sits upon the Throne once more." To that end, Brayden would have worried about Aiden and Caid were he not very sure that Aiden wanted nothing to do with ruling Endelaan and Caid was wrapped up in his own life on Malagarr.

The young Prince was presently one hundred percent correct. However, despite his abnormally adept talents in deciphering the Great Web courtesy of extended exposure to his mother, Brayden could not see clearly enough into the futures of either man. It was as if a very thick cloud covered the future of all his blood relations.

"Anything else? I should be getting back to Faye if not. You will inform me when the meeting with the Seraphine has been set?"

xPD93m.jpg

There were always those who would say she was ill-equipped. It was nothing special though; there were such people for every person that had ever obtained a position outside of their households, ever. And while she could not help but beam at the Prince's words, at how he said that she had been a loyal friend and embodied the traits that he and his parents needed, the worry still gnawed at her. Was she loyal to the Royal Family of Endelaan? Yes. Beyond a doubt. Never would she give anyone a reason to think otherwise. But these traits, these loyalty, information, insights… Would they be enough to aid the Prince through this mission? Would they be sufficient not only to make sure his sister was safely returned, but that the lives of all of those involved on their end would remain intact as well? To that, she had no answer, no knowledge.

"Things were different when your mother was here," she said carefully, "Endelaan's population was only fifteen thousand strong, all together. The Clans were much more united as clans, not merely names one thought they held. The Cities now… We remember our clans, but our clans no longer define us the way they did back then. City leaders are not the same as clan leaders, and there are more villages, as well as more people who chose to live separately from it all."

And the throne…

The mere thought of someone, Brayden included, sitting on the throne of Endelaan, put a sense of discomfort in the Seer. Why? Pale eyes looked to the Prince. She would not hide this from him, not dare attempt it after the words that had been traded yet.

"If I may be blunt…" Eve said carefully, "I do not believe it is wise to seat someone new on the throne yet. Your sister is alive but not, and the people of Endelaan should at least have the chance to see all the living and existing Princes and Princesses together before anyone vies for the throne, if anyone vies for the throne. Endelaan may continue without an active King and Queen. We have done so for seven hundred years, and before that for thousands of years. Unless the next ruler wishes to introduce us to the current galaxy, there is no need to rush the inheriting of the crown."

There. She hoped, she genuinely hoped, that he would not see it as an attack of any sort. Eve did not see obtaining a new King and Queen as anything that ought to be urgent. There were matters that were s much more important than that which had to be dealt with beforehand. And of course, she was not referring to the twins alone either. Twenty vials were missing. They had to locate what had become of all of them.

"Two hours left to the meeting," she murmured as she looked to see where the sun was in the sky, "will you be bringing your Socrceress?"

Brayden Antares

B
Brayden paused with an arched eyebrow at Eve's comment regarding the throne of Endelaan. While he had no immediate designs on proclaiming himself King or vying for the title, much of what Eve had stated...mattered very little to him. In that regard, he was quite certain it would mean even less to those that he knew of. However, the most important reality? There was not likely any version of the future where his entire family was on Endelaan at one time. Brayden couldn't even be sure that he knew the overwhelming majority of them, and it would take quite some time to figure that out...should it become a priority. However, as Endelaan had changed over the years, so too had his family. There were precious few that knew anything of Endelaan...at all.

"The throne of Endelaan is not a decision made by committee, and I do not see that reality...changing. There are a great many forces at work with regards to the legacy of Maximus and Boadicea that the population of Endelaan, yourself included, need not be privy too. As has been the case since Cameron Centurion discovered the Endelaan legacy and Maximus took it upon himself to inherit the body of the warrior Memon, leadership of Endelaan will fall to he or she that is worthy. I've no desire to parade around my kin like a buffet for the people."

Turning to face Eve squarely once more, Brayden allowed his tone to grow gravely serious. "We focus on what matters for the time being. I will do you this kindness, however, because of your loyalty and assistance in so much since we met. It is Aiden you need be concerned about if any. Though he outright claims no aspiration for the throne of Endelaan and is very involved with the Confederacy of Independent Systems..." The Prince's voice faded for a moment. He risked much to reveal what was next. It may sound rather academic to Eve, but she was not blessed with the many memories of his mother as he was. He had seen in vivid detail what the progenitors of his family were capable of, and certainly the people of Endelaan knew the story of Maximus and Boadicea as surely as they knew their own names.

"Aiden is of Cameron, son of Alathor, son of Jhereg's blood." Brayden wasn't sure why he'd felt the need to refer to his dead ancestor in such a formal manner. "Yet Cameron knew nothing of Aiden's existence for the entirety of his life. In fact, he never even knew the woman that gave birth to Aiden was pregnant. It was Maximus and Boadicea...completely inhabiting the bodies of Cameron and Alia that produced Aiden. They raised and trained Aiden until he was nearly in his fifth decade of life. The man is...unpredictable at best, but benefits in some part from having seen the galaxy shift and change with his own eyes these last eight hundred or so years." Waving a dismissive hand, Brayden signaled that the circumstances of Aiden's birth were hardly what was important. "The scientist Nareen...is what complicates the matter. She is carrying Aiden's child. There is no telling how the news will...affect his views in regard to Endelaan and its people."

One thing was certain, Aiden did not seem the type to rush into anything. However, he also did not seem the type to abide any weakness closely associated with himself at all. It made the man unpredictable at best. If nothing else, Aiden was invariably tied to Endelaan now more than ever...just as Caid was to Malagarr. "You see now why I cannot in good conscience go into hiding before he arrives. We need his help, but...cautious optimism is undoubtedly the best policy. I'm curious if your exposure to him will grant you insight into his future. I see nothing but a murky way forward...not even a hint of potential paths." In that moment, he wished his mother was still around.

"There is apparently one other creation of Maximus and Boadicea by way of Cameron Centurion and Shery deWinter. She concerned even my mother...all those centuries ago, and she was but a child. So you see, Eve. The lack of strong leadership on the throne has greater potential consequences for Endelaan than you may yet realize. That's without counting the encroachment of a nearby Empire with each passing month. Yes we have much to handle in the interim, but if all of this was able to happen...the missing vials, a shady plot of subversion under the leadership of the Seraphine, then they have failed on many levels."

No leader could be everywhere, Brayden knew this. He also knew there would always be some level of dissent and disagreement. However, he regarded anything escalating to the level of attempted assassination of the Royal Family to be a situation that was but a thin line from being fully out of the government's control. That was an unacceptable reality to him.

"To your final question. I think it best not to introduce Faye to the Seraphine...just yet."

xPD93m.jpg

Eve was uncertain of why she had to be worried of the Prince named Aiden if he made no claims. She was uncertain she had to worry about any of the Princes or Princesses making a claim; perhaps she had explained herself wrongly to Brayden, as what she had meant was that first the children of the current King and Queen were to be gathered, but it did not seem important enough for now. Whoever would try to claim the throne, whether in the near or distant future, would be chosen by the people as well. Whatever the interference of Maximus and Boadicea… They had been the first. Their will would also be taken into account, if it were to be presented. Probably. Such was the relationship, and this was part of why Nessarose and Diomedes were so loved even seven hundred years later – it was a very delicate balance of proving worthy, of desire, or proving capable, and of being wanted. Eve assumed that part of why the crown had changed for the first time since the Kingdom of Eternal Darkness was because, among other things, the people of Endelan wanted it, had thirsted for a fresh generation upon their throne.

But these were discussions more suited for times when they could all sit back and relax, when the danger of being assassinated was not looming over their heads, when the disappearance of any of their rules was not because of their own wholesome wishes, when… When things were jus not as they currently were.

But then… Nareen. Eve's eyes widened at Brayden's statement regarding the life the woman carried in her womb. "If she indeed is carrying a Prince or Princess of Endelaan in her womb…" Eve began. No. It was more than just a prized child that was growing within the curvaceous red head, "If anyone else knows who has fathered her child, that means she is in direct changer twice over; once for working with you, and once with birthing the next generation of your family. We should not be leaving her alone and unobserved."

The other child, that one she knew of. Elora, child of Maximus, Boadicea, Cameron, and Shery. "The child that was almost killed in her mother's womb," the Seer nodded, "the beginning of the war between the Queen and her mother. Her mother's attempts… Her part in the direct bloodline is why she has a temple. Her part in the war is why it is so small and nearly anathema, at the same time."

Yes. The Seraphine had failed. Eve could see that now, clear as day, without question of any if's that would be presented, for if any of them had been involved, the entire group had failed. If none in the group knew of the plots, the entire group had failed. If they could not help… Eve gasped as she realized where her own thoughts were leading to; to agreeing that they must be replaced entirely, both old and new members. It was almost heresy to think such thoughts, or so her mind attempted to warn her.

"Then let us meet at the entrance two hours from now," she nodded, "I will send for the exact location when Verberri tells me where it is. This meeting with not happen in the Main Hall in front of all eyes and ears."

Brayden Antares

B
Brayden nodded in response to Eve's comments regarding Nareen. "I considered the same, but I do not get the sense that she has revealed this information to anyone. As of now, I think we can safely assume that you, myself, Faye, and Nareen are the only ones with the information." Pausing for a moment, Brayden considered the ramifications if someone did know. Still...it was a risk that Brayden was willing to take. As far as he was concerned, Nareen was needed precisely where she was on Al-Zeresh tending to the body for Madalena. Better she make as much progress as possible if she is being targeted...rather than delay unnecessarily.

"Nareen has work to perform. I think the relative isolation of her work space will...keep her safe. Still you have a point with at least...keeping her under observation." Motioning for Eve to walk with him, Brayden initiated his retreat from the forest at a casual pace. Exhaling softly, Brayden permitted himself yet another concession. "It may yet be necessary to relocate Nareen, essential staff, and equipment before she has begun in earnest. The only location I can think of with the resources and security to do this effectively...is on Naboo. Whatever cannot be transported, I'm certain I can arrange with Nareen to obtain from the galactic market. My father's old estate still exists there, and it's nestled behind the iron curtain of the Confederacy - an organization with which myself and my two uncles are both familiar."

Glancing to Eve, Brayden managed a thin smile. "Seems you may be getting out to see the galaxy very soon, Eve. However, we still must wait until at least Aiden or Caid arrive and are briefed. I don't expect this to be...terribly long from now."

To the information Eve provided regarding her knowledge of Shery and Elora, Brayden nodded simply. There was little more to be said on the matter at this point. As they reached the outer perimeter of the Forbidden Temple, Brayden offered Eve a polite half-bow and departed her company after she'd set a meeting point and time for the two of them. For the next two hours, Brayden would return to the room where Faye had been sleeping. The Serenno beauty awoke shortly after he'd crawled into the bed beside her. The Prince was happy to spend an eternity simply holding the woman in his arms. It seemed a crime that they would only have a couple precious hours.

----------
Two Hours Later

Brayden arrived at the appointed place precisely two hours since he last left Eve. Nodding a simple greeting to the woman, Brayden had changed into slightly more official-looking robes. The material still was not unnecessarily heavy or thick. As was the case with most things on Endelaan, function took precedence over fashion. The clothing was styled as much of the clothing worn by the male members of his family on Endelaan. A style that was a close match to the clothing worn by members of the King's Own. Dark black with silver accents running down the sleeves and pant legs. Truthfully, it was a style that had been favored by Cameron Centurion and, therefore, the style of uniform his father had been wearing upon reuniting with Nessarose on Endelaan. At one point, crimson had been the prevailing color choice. Brayden tended to assume this was because it hid blood better in the days of the Kingdom of Eternal Darkness.

"Let's go," were the only spoken words that Brayden offered to the woman. For his part, Brayden traversed the halls of the Forbidden Temple largely in silence save for responding to any statements or questions Eve chose to make. A member of the King's Own and the Ravens escorted the pair predominantly because Brayden was still getting accustom to the constantly changing corridors of the Temple, the threat on his life, and some manner of protocol when being ushered to a meeting with the Seraphine.

After several moments, the pair were brought to a set of large doors several levels beneath the Forbidden Temple. It was obvious that these particular corridors and rooms had changed very little from their original architecture. The hallways were very wide and the cavernous ceilings were simply the natural bedrock of the planet's crust. Unlike the above-ground levels, Brayden surmised these corridors were designed to accommodate all manner of wild animals and mythical creatures that were once the principal component of the armies of Endelaan. Arash could have stood to his full height, stretched out his wings, and not felt even a moment of claustrophobia traversing these corridors.

The heavy double doors before them swung inward of their own accord. The scene that presented itself to Brayden made him feel...small. It seemed as though they still had four hundred meters of walking just to reach where the nine figures in the distance sat serenely in an alternating pattern. Silver-green eyes remained focused on the destination as the Prince strode confidently against the stone flooring. Stopping perhaps fifty meters from the assembled group, Brayden clasped his hands behind his back. Despite the fact that the Seraphine presently exercised the authority of the King and Queen, they were not royalty. A nod of respect was all he offered in greeting save simple words, "Greetings, Seraphine."

For a moment, bright eyes flickered to Verberri. For an even briefer moment, they may well have hinted at his ultimate disapproval of the Ancient One's stewardship. However, the woman would not have seen this, and the emotion did not go so far as to saturate his force presence at all. Truth be told, if any of them presently sensed anything, it was the early stages of judgment.

Judgment of their collective ineffectiveness.

This was not a courtesy call for any of them, and he was relatively certain by now...they had all heard what had happened.

xPD93m.jpg

Naboo. Eve had not heard that name before, though that alone was not surprising. She knew very little of what the galaxy outside of Endelaan had to offer, and yet… "Yes," she agreed with him, closing her eyes, "There is a good chance that Naboo will be safe until it is done. But there is also a chance that… That Madalena will discover what you are doing, if you go there. She has connections to the place, connections that are part of her new life and not of the old."

Eve opened her eyes and looked at the Prince. She could not tell him exactly what sort of connections or why, as such was not revealed to her. Yet she had seen a glimpse of the Great Web. Nothing on it was ever certain, but the odds… Unless she misinterpret it, the odds were in their favor if they were to go to this planet called Naboo.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Two hours later, Eve and the Prince walked. Eve did not enjoy being in the caverns beneath the Forbidden Temple; she had been there enough times throughout her life, and it had never felt safe. Being in the caverns felt as though she was in a piece of Endelaan that not even she had any business being in, a piece that was more ancient than anything that could be found above.

There were two reasons that they were there, she knew; the first, because it was indeed private. Electronics did not work here, so low beneath the planet's surface. The second, was because of the foreboding atmosphere that he place provided. The Seraphine knew how to toy with emotions, how to make it look as though they were in control. And in a place such as this, it really did feel as though control was not in the hands of the visitors.

"Wise Seraphine," Eve spoke for them, "We are here on grave matters. The Ancient One has told you of it; earlier today, as I walked through Al-Zeresh with the Prince and his Sorceress, the three of us were assaulted. No, not merely assaulted, but an attempt was made on our very lives. There is no question regarding who the Prince is, and there is no place to doubt that this assault was random or without malicious intent. There are forces on our planet that have attempted to murder a Prince, the son of Nessarose deWinter and Diomedes Antares."

As far as Eve could see, none of the Serpahine seemed overly impressed. Certainly, they already knew of it, but was the lack of impression simply because of that? Could perhaps all of them be part of it?

Looking to Brayden, Eve gave him a nod. It was his turn to speak, to add words if he so wished.

Brayden Antares

B
The Seraphine most certainly had discussed the would-be assassination at some length before the arrival of the Prince and the Councilour. For his part, Dastan had remained mostly neutral and objective as his reputation implied. It was the two younger members of their cohort that were the most...vocal in private. Dastan presumed it was mostly out of a desire to cement their loyalties to one of the more senior members for sake of longevity. However, now that the Prince and the Seer were present, the entirety of the Seraphine seemed silent. For a moment, Dastan's eyes looked to his superior as well as the Ancient One. Nothing.

Returning his gaze to the two visitors, Dastan managed a thin smile. "Your Highness, Councilor. We are most pleased to see you both unharmed, and we are certainly disturbed by this...development. And yet...I rather well doubt there is much this committee can do that reports indicate you have not already done. Certainly I would recommend that you sequester yourself somewhere off-world until such a time as the Seraphine can assure your safety and summon for your return. Much has changed since the days of the royal family having a continuous presence on the surface of Endelaan. In recent months, we have been graced with the presence of...many." Dastan did not add that those visits all seemed to be very fleeting.

Brayden waited for the Seraphine to fall silent. His expression was completely neutral as he stood straight with his hands clasped behind his back. There was...something about the man's tone and readiness to care of his safety that did not sit well with Brayden. Certainly, there was no harm in the general emotion. Eve had suggested precisely the same, and Brayden himself had conceded to the wisdom. For now, there was little reason for him to tip his hand. The only way those vials could have gone missing was for someone in a position of great trust and power to allow it. There would only be so many people that even knew, and the Seraphine were prime suspects for that. Further more, his visit to Al-Zeresh was neither public nor really arranged with any sincere degree of lead time. "Thank you, Seraphine Dastan. Naturally, I was very surprised to endure such a situation within your city."

There was no accusation, merely observation. "My concern is far less for myself than it is for Eve and Faye...respectively a stalwart servant of Endelaan and the love of my life. Whatever motivation this...individual or individuals could have had, I cannot for the life of me understand why they needed to suffer as well. Such reckless, purposeless violence is not in keeping with the traditions of Endelaan; new or old. I do, however, agree that it may perhaps be best for me to ensure for the safety of those to whom have shown me nothing but dedication, respect, and love. I regard Eve much in the way I would my own sister, and Faye as my other half. Yet..."

Brayden allowed the pause to hang in the air...slightly longer than otherwise would have been normal. "I do not agree with abandoning the situation simply because of a threat. This is why...I have asked for two of my uncles to make all due haste for Endelaan. I've yet to hear from Prince Caid, son of Cameron, son of Alathor, but there is another with whom I am sure you are in no way familiar...though he has indeed been here before. Prince Aiden, son of Cameron, son of Alathor, is returning from an operation in the Copero System and should be here before the sun rises. They will...ensure the integrity of the investigation and whatever else might follow. I know they will benefit and appreciate the assistance of the Seraphine in this gravely serious matter."

Falling silent, Brayden allowed his silver-green gaze to drift among all the members of the Seraphine. Unsurprisingly, he was met with many stone faces, a couple smiles, and at least one flicker of a frown. The information was filed away for conveyance to Aiden and Caid when they arrived.

vpARYF.jpg

As the Serpahine rose in their voices, discussing with each other about the attendance of two Princes that would be coming to the planet soon, Verberri remained silent, her eyeless gaze falling upon the Prince in front of her, and the Seer by his side. She had attended such meetings more than seven centuries ago; though she had not been the Ancient One at the time, and not even a Raven. Was the Prince aware, she wondered, just how much he was like his mother, in that moment?

But it did not matter. Verberri knew she had failed. Even had she not possessed the wits about her to know it, she would have felt it in her very bones. Thigs had happened on Endelaan, things that she was not aware of; first because she had been in stasis along with the Queen, and then because it had been so long. To make things worse she had herself gone off-world in search of the Princess once they had known she had awoken, only to come back empty handed.

"An Ancient One, the Serpahine, Ravens, King's Own, Seers, and many more groups," Verberri said. She never had a voice that boomed over her surroundings, but when she spoke, people around her silenced themselves and listened. "For millennia Endelaan has prized itself on having the strongest of the Force Users, the greatest among the Sith. A knowledge that had run so deep, that we never needed the galaxy at large to recognize us for what we were.

And where is our power now? Where is our glory? We still do not need what is out there, yet now how can we consider expanding to it when we have so clearly failed to work what is within? I will grow new eyes if none seated here knows of the missing vials, I will see without the Force again if there is no one here who has information about the events that occurred today and has at least ties to them if not more than that.

To all those of you sitting here in these lovely high chairs, you have failed. In your own group, all of us together, each of us as individuals – we have failed, not only Brayden Antares, not only his parents, but all of Endelaan."

Rising from her seat, Verberri grabbed the walking cane that aided her as she walked. It was not for age that she needed it; but the Force did not always warn of little pebbles down the street. Verberri knew nothing of the sons of Cameron. She had never expected to even be alive at a time for the Royal Family's branch to potentially shift to another branch. But she did not expect many things.

"I resign," Verberri said as she continued to walk, right up until she stood in line with the Prince and the Seer, "I am not fit to hold the position of the Ancient One. None of you remember what this role means, none of you were here with those that had come before me. It is more than a ceremonial role, it is more than respect for simply not dying. But as demonstrated by events that have occurred, I am not a good candidate for this position, and the only reason I hold it still is because of a decision made by Nessarose back when the people of Endelaan still lived in tribes."

Verberri turned to Brayden. "I do not know where you will go to remain safe while your uncles are here. I do not wish to ask. All I ask is for the small mercy that you take me off-world, where I may live my years out, and return my body for proper burial when I am dead."

~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~

It was Angelique who spoke next.

"While all this is wonderfully interesting, truly," she said in her high pitched voice, "this solves nothing. Failed or not, the Seraphine must work to uncover who is behind the plot, and toss their body parts into the Pit of the Forgotten. Nothing can be done while we sit underground and talk about things. Unless anyone has anything to suggest right now, I suggest we split; every member of the Seraphine has their own people that they can speak to. We will all investigate. The plot, as well as each other. I firmly believe that by the time you return safe and sound, you will find those in charge for all of this, gone."

Brayden Antares

B
A thin smile of amusement touched Brayden's features as the Seraphine were sent into a mild frenzy over his revelation that more members of the Family of Darkness would soon be arriving. Whether or not the governing body of Endelaan realized, their reactions were being watched very closely by the Sith Lord. Silver-green eyes drifted casually among the arrayed faces and figures. Through the Force, Brayden allowed his presence to saturate the room. In truth it was difficult to discern too much simply because they were all very competent, powerful manipulators of the Force. As such, the activity of otherwise tranquil life force was...definitively turbulent.

Unlike most of the others, Brayden did not particularly focus on Verberri at the sound of her voice. However, once she was the only person in the chamber speaking, there was little else to do other than give her his full attention. Unlike the Endelaan natives that had actually grown up on Endelaan, Brayden did not have quite the same...reverence for certain aspects of the culture. Still, he respected the overwhelming majority of them just the same. Verberri's case was just...different. In the span of the life he'd lived, she'd been little more than failure in his comparatively young eyes.

It was when Verberri coolly dropped the information on the missing embryo vials that Brayden's eyes snapped back to the Seraphine. In that moment, he was certainly happy that his presence was still so entangled with all those of the Seraphine. There was very little to be done about the body's innate reaction to shocking information. From what he could tell, it was the Sorcerer and Sorceresses that reacted...very little. Had they seen the revelation coming? It was certainly possible. The others, however, displayed no small amount of shock, but only five or six radiated any real sign of confusion through the Force. Those that did not...Brayden would file away for later, but his gaze did momentarily linger over Dastan before returning to Verberri.

Through the Force, he reached out to Faye. Faye. Contact Nareen immediately and tell her to prepare to depart Endelaan with all of the necessary equipment that she can transport via starship. Tell her to tell no one. Then go with Arash back to Villa Sogno and inform the Warriors to prepare for departure to the Mid-Rim. We have to leave at first light. I will join you after I finish here and collect Nareen.

It was a precaution. Though Dastan, Ceana, and Tusar hadn't displayed genuine shock at the revelation of missing vials, Brayden could not be sure that necessarily meant anything. Still...if they had been involved, certainly Verberri letting on to them knowing could potentially make things...worse.

Before Brayden could say anything in regards to Verberri's request, his attention was drawn back to the seated Seraphine as Angelique spoke out. The Prince's retort was immediate. "Do not mistake my presence here for confidence in any of your abilities. In the past three months, I have come across two flagrant failures on part of this body. I trust none of you. At the same time, I understand I have not yet had the opportunity to earn your trust either. I merely inherit a love and devotion cultivated by my parents and the ancestors that came before them. The same goes for my entire family."

Pausing for a moment, Brayden shifted his gaze to Verberri. "You may accompany us off-world, Verberri. You've given my parents and this kingdom more service than any of your known predecessors. You have earned a retirement of your own terms. But..." Shifting his gaze back to the Seraphine, Brayden made a declaration that was...not necessarily his to make. "As the current issues plaguing Endelaan are rather acutely focused to my family and the failures of this body, I am not interested in adding yet another unknown. Another entity with loyalties I cannot truly guarantee or know. This is a reality because of my age and my forced absence from this world. Change is on the wind, Seraphines, but we first I am forced to cut out the cancer that is presently rotting this world from the inside-out and, undoubtedly, at some of the highest levels. The ninth voting position of the Seraphine will be retained by the Royal Family until such a time as this investigation can be completed. You may all participate, but it will be under direction."

The Seraphine, Dastan in particular, shifted slightly in their seats. A couple murmured low complaints but otherwise...they gave the Prince the floor, mostly surprised by the conviction with which he spoke.

"I am not your King. I am not my father, or Cameron Centurion, or Ashmedai. I am, however, their direct descendant. I was born...right here in the Forbidden Temple. I want Endelaan to succeed in this age and for eternity. Yes, that requires changes and evolution throughout the ages. In the past there has been...struggle in my family. The sudden revelation of our connections to each other and this planet created havoc on lives that had already been created. Yet...that is the struggle of the past. All of us that remain...may yet have things to learn about what Endelaan currently is, but we benefit from knowing what it needs to be to move forward. This is not something that can be done independently. No one King, Queen, or pairing will be able to make this happen as was done hundreds of years ago. When the time comes, we will work together to build a better Endelaan. For now..."

Brayden clasped his hands behind his back before stepping forward, just beyond Eve and Verberri. "Prince Aiden will manage the affairs of combating that which plagues Endelaan. I will do you all this one kindness...in recognition of your service. Aiden, son of Cameron, son of Alathor, is not like the rest of us. He was born well before my own mother, and he did not sleep or suffer in an alternate reality these past eight hundred and some odd years. He lived...out there. The man is the seed of Cameron Centurion, sure, and born of Cameron's first lover. Yet neither knew of Aiden's existence. He was created, chosen by Maximus and Boadicea for some unknown purpose. Trained by the mother and father of us all to be some combination of their potential and capabilities. Until right now, I never really knew...or understood. Aiden's memories and knowledge of Endelaan past and present forced him to stay away for so long. He refuse to be...a pawn in a game. It is clear to me now that the Great Web and life itself is little more than one, continuous game. Those that succeed, survive, win are those that come equipped with as much information about their surroundings and the people in them as possible."

Stepping back to stand beside Eve and Verberri once more, Brayden wrapped his thoughts. "I've given you this information such that you are equipped to know the man with whom you will interact. Rest assured...he already knows everything about you." Turning, Brayden took half a step towards the exit before he paused. Turning his head, Brayden smiled thinly. "Oh and when I return. I will return with my sister." There was no mention of Madalena, and there probably would never be from the lips of Brayden Antares.

Ignoring any declarations or questions of the Seraphine, Brayden exited the chambers. Upon the other side of the doors, he communicated simply to both Eve and Verberri that they were to meet him at his personal estate first thing in the morning. For now, Brayden would be leaving to collect Nareen and her materials from Al-Zeresh.

--------
Villa Sogno
Sunrise, Next Morning

Several hours prior, Brayden had been contacted by Aiden. Rather than risk the man coming to Villa Sogno and running immediately into Nareen, Brayden asked Aiden to meet him at the Forbidden Temple. On the back of Arash, Brayden had traveled to the Forbidden Temple, leaving behind his retinue of warriors to watch over both Nareen and Faye at Villa Sogno. The meeting between Brayden and Aiden was...quick. Despite all of the blubbering he'd done about Aiden to the Seraphine the previous day, he'd not actually known precisely how much Aiden knew about the current state of Endelaan society. Save the very recent developments and the information about the vials, it was as if someone or something had just imprinted hundreds of years of evolutionary knowledge into his brain. Knowing of how the man came into existence, Brayden avoided asking the obvious question.

He did detect...a sense of confusion in the man, however. Faye and Nareen were both having their presence actively cloaked by a representative of the Ravens that had been dispatched to help watch over Faye and Nareen until such a time as Eve and Verberri arrived. Brayden knew of Aiden's present interactions with a woman by the name of [member="Naedira Darcrath"], but he had no idea what had transpired between Aiden and Nareen so many months ago. If she was the only soul on Endelaan with whom he'd made a previous connection, Brayden supposed it was natural for Aiden to reach out to some degree.

Returning to his estate just as the sun was rising, Brayden immediately went to find the two Sorceresses he'd left behind. Content they were well attended and all of their belongings had been loaded onto his vessel, Brayden stepped aboard and waited. The crew size had been cut down to accomodate the extra space required for Faye, Verberri, Nareen, and all of Nareen's equipment.

[member="Scherezade deWinter"] | [member="Faye Malvern"]

Neither Verberri nor Eve had words to add by the time Brayden had finished his speech to the Seraphine. Having resigned but seconds go, there was nothing for Verberri that she could offer, and while Brayden was speaking, Eve had been watching the Seraphine very closely, trying to gleam in any hint or spec of knowledge that could help them. Pale eyes nearly narrowed at the sight of two; were they involved? She had no answer. Not here, not now, and even if she had, she would have kept it to herself until it was safe to speak of it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Both women were ready when the sun rose. Verberri had seated herself upon the nearest chair she could fine, leaning against her walking cane as there was nothing else for her to do but wait. Waiting. It was what she had been doing for so long, and even that, apparently, not doing right.

"You have never asked me about your sister," she said quietly as Brayden entered the room. Verberri knew the other women were not too far away, but it did not matter. "I know she is gone. I felt it when it happened and I cried, thinking she had died. But she did not die. I had a glimpse into her imprint upon the Great Web the first night I met her. Do not tell me what you have planned, I know it is not my business, and I do not know who has the power to gleam into such things. But whatever it is you plan to do regarding her – think carefully. Your sister has done as she willed the entire time I knew her. I doubt that will change."

Villa Sogno

Brayden's gaze had been focused predominantly on Faye approaching with Nareen and Eve from a distance. However, he did afford the former Ancient One his attention as she passed by him and chose to address him. By now, Brayden had learned there was little reason bothering with turning his attention in the direction of Verberri. She could not see him, and she would know whether or not he had absorbed what she'd said without him even saying a word. "I hold the confidence of my family affairs in the hands of few." It was out of pure respect and love for his mother that he'd not separated Verberri's head from her shoulders when the whole fiasco with the embryos had been revealed. "I thank you for your words just the same, Verberri."

Without waiting for a response or the opportunity for the conversation to linger, Brayden stepped forward, surging towards his love. Once [member="Faye Malvern"] was in his arms once more, he walked calmly with her to the vessel. A brief glance over his shoulder indicated that Nareen had paused. He did not need to look to the sky to discern the direction of her gaze. She had sensed him. Aiden hadn't been shielded as Nareen presently was. Calmly, Brayden intoned. "We need to go, Nareen." Into her mind, he added a few simple words of comfort. He has yet a very important task laid before him. Do not burden his mind lest it have ill-affects for all of Endelaan. You will be able to go to him in time. I swear it.

Within the next few minutes, they had all boarded the YT-2000. In less than half an hour, the freighter was surging its way into hyperspace. Only time would tell what the state of Endelaan would be by the time Brayden returned.

[[Brayden Exit]]
----------
Forbidden Temple

Aiden's long hair fluttered lightly in the soft, steady breeze that washed over the grounds of the Forbidden Temple. It was nearly midday by now and following a brief rest, the large Sith had spent his time wandering the grounds of the Forbidden Temple. Brayden had warned Aiden shortly after arriving that wandering the halls of the Forbidden Temple itself could prove perilous. The warning had been unnecessary. Boadicea had ensured that Aiden's mind was filled with just about everything she could possibly know about Endelaan, their family, and their family's history. The only potential problem was that...much of it was tinted through the lenses of her perception.

Still. What kind of building had corridors that shifted and moved of their own accord? It sounded like a bad holovid.

The Viceroy's thoughts were elsewhere at the moment anyways. The urgent summons from Brayden had come at a...precarious time. The large Sith Lord had been just about to step outside of the room he shared with [member="Naedira Darcrath"] onboard the Fortressa. While Aiden had initially been content to ignore the message, Brayden had pressed desperation into Aiden's subconscious. While none of the male members of the family were particularly...involved in each other's lives, a bond did exist. More importantly, Aiden could not shake the sensation that a part of him had simply been...waiting for an excuse to return to Endelaan outside of his own volition. The sensation and associated thought brought up a flurry of other emotions. Guilt. Confusion. Anger at having any of the previous two. Inadvertently, Aiden's entire being reached out, stretching far beyond the plains and forest surrounding the Forbidden Temple. It rocketed skyward undeterred by resistance. Tiptoeing into the void of space, it traveled at the speed of light to a system far from Endelaan.

Caramel-colored lids closed over bright silver-green eyes as the sensation of Naedira's presence touched a part of his mind. Manipulating a technique he'd learned long ago from none other than Boadicea, Aiden presented himself within the ether of the Force, directly into Naedira's mind. It seemed so real...the feel of her skin in his hands as his arms enveloped her. He offered no words. What was there to say in the moment?

No sooner had something come to mind than another presence took advantage of his raw exposure to the Force. "Isn't that sweet? My boy pining for damaged goods across space. It's almost romantic. Now...focus."

Summarily, Aiden felt his entire presence ripped from the ether of the Force and pulled back to the present. An apparition of Boadicea's true form appeared before Aiden, but he had little to no reaction.

"Your nephew has afforded you an opportunity. Your father and I have been content to allow you to pursue your selfish fantasies long enough." Boadicea held Aiden's gaze for a brief moment. Her descendant's lack of response in the situation brought a smile to her face. She'd taught him well. "Do not presume to know the depth of our plans for you, for Endelaan. However, do you think that...if we wanted our entire line gone you would even draw breath? We could have wiped them all out with little real effort. That is not our way. Those unworthy...will phase themselves out without any real influence of our own. You were born to be a necessity. A consequence if need be. Do as you will, but take care in your position. You will find Endelaan far different from the borders of that Confederacy thing."

Boadicea resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Such trappings were not much of a thing when she ruled at Maximus' side. It was all blood, lust, and pleasure. She would never be a fan of the politics that wormed their way into present-day interactions. Just as quickly as she'd materialized, Boadicea disappeared once more.

Exhaling softly, Aiden pushed off from the railing. Long, fluid strides carried him swiftly towards the joint command center occupied by members of the King's Own and the Ravens. The two crimson-robed warriors that followed Aiden had already notified their superiors. Aiden arrived to find the Captain of the King's Own and Leader of the Ravens waiting for him. Halting his progress, Aiden issued simple instructions. Brayden had conveyed his perceptions of the Seraphine. Regardless, with the attack having occurred in Al-Zeresh, there was only one Seraphine that was the obvious for the first...conversation. "Bring Seraphine Dastan to me on the north lawn of the Temple. Immediately." Turning, Aiden retreated from the location. The tone in his voice had left little room for misinterpretation.

The Captain looked at the Leader of the Ravens with a curious expression. Had they just been instructed to, in effect, compel the Seraphine's presence to a meeting? Neither had been alive to serve under Nessarose or Diomedes. As such, they had only protocol and training to rely upon. Captain Nicklaus knew...next to nothing about the newly arrived Prince. There was...something about him, however. He mostly did not carry himself in the same way that Brayden or Caid had. His eyes seemed to burn brighter as well, and it was as if they held the weight of much. Shrugging towards Arva, the Captain softly intoned. "I think we should handle this...personally." The last thing Nicklaus wanted was to try and task this to a younger member of his company.

Northern Gardens
Forbidden Temple

Aiden had never really been much for...nature. It was not that he could not appreciate natural beauty where it existed, nor was it a lack of understanding of the vital importance flora played in any given ecosystem. He'd spent as much time in drab, harsh climates as he had temperate and bountiful ones. However, during his previous visit to Endelaan, Aiden had gotten the sense that it was much more than just a simple appreciation of the fauna and flora on Endelaan that the people displayed. It was almost as if...the people felt connected to all aspects of the planet; the planet itself, even. [member="Nareen"] had certainly been a useful guide in that regard. Well...in many regards.

For the briefest of moments, Aiden's memory threatened to travel down a memory lane that he'd spent months forcing himself to close off. The distinct lack of the woman's presence or, at least, his inability to sense such upon his arrival only partially heightened his...curiosity. If the Sith was being honest, the decision to speak with Dastan before any of the others was not so much born out of the man's experience as his connection to Al-Zeresh and his mentoring of Nareen. While the Prince was certain the Seraphine would attempt to be evasive, Aiden was fairly confident the initial...line of questioning would surprise the man - perhaps even unsettle him.

It was another few moments before Aiden's sensitive hearing picked up the soft footfalls of three individuals. Captain Nicklaus, Arva, and Seraphine Dastan. As the Seraphine was not being detained and certainly under no form of outward suspicion just yet, Aiden was not surprised to find that Nicklaus and Arva simply walked behind the man. As the trio approached, Aiden allowed his bright silver-green gaze to sweep the scene, penetrating through to the very soul of Dastan. Per his expectation, Aiden was met with...resistance from Dastan. There were undoubtedly many that would have recoiled from such a strong wall. Perhaps there were yet more that would feign recoiling and intimidation to lure the Seraphine into a false sense of security and superiority. There were many options, as always. However, as always, Aiden neither hid nor muted his presence for any reason.

Forcing the full weight of his presence forward, the large Prince unleashed a brute force attack unto the very willpower of the Seraphine. All four of the individuals standing in the north garden of the Forbidden Temple were quite adept at force manipulation. Aiden did, however, benefit from much more extensive training, application, and he possessed a touch more than the average Warrior from the start courtesy of years spent with Boadicea. This is not a game you want to play with me, Seraphine.

To his credit, Dastan did not cower or cradle his head as the Prince's presence slammed into his mind like an anvil that had been dropped from the upper regions of the atmosphere. It took a considerable effort, however, to try and control the pain. For the moment, the Seraphine did not bother with a mental reply in large part because his concentration was on holding the Prince at bay. "Release me."

Aiden's facial expression remained as flat and serious as possible...much like that of the Captain and Leader of the Ravens behind the Seraphine. Before he responded to Dastan, he glanced up at the two in trail. "Thank you Nicklaus, Arva. You may both go. Oh, Nicklaus, please send word to the commanders of the military. We meet here at the Forbidden Temple in five days. In the interim, all forces are on full alert around their respective garrisons. Do not interfere in daily lives...but be ready to respond as necessary."

The Captain bowed respectfully to Aiden before offering a brief reply. "Certainly, sire."

Shifting his gaze back to Dastan, Aiden finally offered the man a reply. "I understand you are from Al-Zeresh. I also understand you were a mentor for a woman by the name of Nareen." Aiden did not bother with the full honorific. "I'm curious what your evaluation of her is." As Aiden had not relinquished his control over Dastan's mind, he could practically feel the man's confusion before it ever sounded in his voice.

Dastan blinked twice. "I... Nareen? She's...quite competent, very smart...perhaps the smartest person I know, even. What does Nareen have to do with this?"

Aiden's retort was effortless. "This is merely a conversation that I desired to have with you, so I guess it has as much to do with it as I so choose, Seraphine. I've met the woman before, and she spoke very highly of you. Given your honest appraisal of her, I find the next point of this conversation very curious."

It took all Dastan could manage to block the invading Prince from his subconscious thoughts. The area of his mind where he'd locked away his knowledge and involvement in a great many schemes. At the very least, he knew the Prince would sense this resistance. Dastan could not afford to concern himself with that, however. He had to keep his surface thoughts barren and empty lest the Prince sense a greater deception. For this reason, he did not even draw any strange parallels between Nareen's pregnancy and the sudden knowledge that she had met one of the Princes. Information she...certainly had not disclosed to Dastan. "And that is?"

Now, Aiden allowed a thin smile to adorn his lips. "The utter failure of you and the rest of the Seraphine. Charged with the protection of Endelaan and all of its people, you've somehow managed to lose some twenty unborn members of the royal family and nearly allowed a living one to be assassinated in your own hometown. Now...you have far more experience leading the people of Endelaan than I, but I'm no stranger to leadership. How would you respond to that level of flagrant negligence?"

Dastan opened his mouth to offer a curt retort, but he found the pain in his mind intensified immediately and severely.

Raising a single finger, Aiden waved it back and forth. "Tsk tsk. Come now Seraphine Dastan. Surely you can control your emotions a little better than that."

Following a deep inhale, Dastan simply gave the Prince what he wanted. "If I knew for sure and had the proof, I would see to it that the individual in question was held accountable to the highest possible standard."

"Ah yes. Proof." Taking a few steps closer to Dastan, whom Aiden towered over by a good five to six inches, he continued his questioning. "What more proof would you need other than what has been said? I mean...let's be honest. Power is given and rarely taken. Even a military dictator requires the people beneath him to believe in his or her power and capability. The Seraphine are the same. You hold power only because the people believe it, and I happen to think...it has far more to do with them still loving and trusting their King and Queen after all these years." Raising a hand to stall what he sensed to be Dastan's next retort, Aiden continued. "Yes. You have all advanced this civilization steadily and quite impressively throughout the centuries. Do you think indoor plumbing and electricity will be enough for the entirety of the planet to forgive those charged with their safety and protection above all else in failing to do so for the most beloved family on the planet?"

Dastan actually...had no immediate response. Even if he'd had full control of his mind, he wasn't sure he would have had a response. The man before him was an unknown quantity, yet he seemed to benefit from knowledge...he could not possibly have gained in a simple morning conversing with his nephew. At least...not to be able to speak with such familiarity and eloquence. "My answer stands."

Aiden nodded his head as the smile on his face dissipated. "Standing your ground. I can admire someone that sticks to their gut. I mean...it's a really stupid decision in this instance but still impressive." Releasing his hold of the Seraphine's mind, Aiden motioned back in the direction from whence the Serpahine had originated. "You may go, Seraphine Dastan. If you uncover further information, I'm sure you will let me know."

Dastan glared at the Prince for several moments before offering a polite half-bow. "Of course, Your Highness."

The Prince's facial expression betrayed...nothing. However, Dastan's actions spoke volumes. Once the man was out of earshot, Aiden turned to the crimson-robed warriors that silently been standing several feet behind him. "Dress as civilians and follow him. Let's see what the Seraphine does in the coming days. I do not need to tell you to be discreet. If he travels into a highly underpopulated area, you will have to come up with an alternative."

Wordlessly, the two warriors departed. Even though they had been instructed by their Captain not to leave Aiden's side whilst he was on Endelaan, they had learned through the months of watching and working with Aiden that it was...best to simply do as the Prince commanded.

There had been enough saber-rattling for one day. Now, Aiden would disappear into the countryside for a while. He wanted to wait and see what did or did not happen. He would, however, return in two days time. In the interim, there would be no member of royalty to target. The Ancient One had resigned and left the planet too. If the would-be assassins decided to upgrade to general harm of the populace, they would be cut down swiftly and without mercy. As it was, each military unit charged with protection of a major city of Endelaan had been placed on alert. The planet itself was still quite safe.

Those responsible would slip up. It probably would not happen today...perhaps not even the next day, but it would happen all the same.

Also why had nobody heard from Caid?

Two Days Later
Unidentified Beach
Oloth, Endelaan

He had been here before. It was the location where he'd first encountered Nareen. A path that he'd been...uncertain, even wary of at the time. That path had, apparently, dissipated altogether upon his departure a mere week later. Then again, there was no telling what the reality had been. While his time with Nareen had not exactly been too brief to form a lasting bond, he had made a point not to allow such a thing to come to fruition. In the intervening months since his departure, Aiden had been...extremely occupied and busy with other affairs.

Once more he found his thoughts drifting to that of Naedira. This was why he had avoided these situations entirely. Too often he had seen matters of the heart confound and even destroy the most powerful of individuals. It was a waste of time. What was the point in pursuing something that made one so...weak and susceptible to even the slightest change in their social situation? Perhaps it was this planet. He had forgotten how intoxicating its very energy could be. Ever since his return, it was as if a part of him that had been asleep since his departure was suddenly awaken. The Sith Lord somehow felt...whole. Along with the sensation came the wash of thoughts for a woman he had not so much as spoken to in...months.

As bright, silver-green eyes gazed out over the horizon, Aiden could not help but laugh softly to himself. Taking a seat atop the soft sand that had previously nestled gently beneath his boots, the Sith Lord closed his eyes and allowed his mind to slip into meditation. At the moment, it was his intention to attempt to stretch out his feelings, reaching for his brother Caid. In recent months, it had been Caid that...brought most of the male members of the family together. It had been Caid that connected Brayden with [member="Alwine Lechner"] and uncovered critical information relating to what had happened to Aiden's niece, Scherezade. Caid was even the reason for Aiden's connection with his sister [member="Gemma Cavataio"] a few weeks ago.

Why now are you so silent...

Before Aiden could even focus his mind offworld, he felt the alarming swell of a foreign presence pushing against his mind. Instinctively, Aiden's eyelids shot open and his gaze began searching the horizon. Nothing. Turning his gaze skyward, Aiden permitted himself several moments to evaluate the barely pre-dawn sky. There was nothing there either until... A flash of red caught the corner of Aiden's eye. He almost missed it against the backdrop of orange, purple, and red that marked the beginnings of a new day upon Endelaan. Then there was the unmistakable black outline, majestically drifting through the air like a distant area of the sky that the rising sun could not touch.

Slowly, Aiden came to his feet as he felt the foreign presence press against his mind once more. It carried a strength with which he was not familiar. When it spoke, it felt as though the voice was attempting to melt the Prince's brain cells.

You fight my presence. You cannot overpower me, Prince Aiden. I existed well before your time. My kind has looked after this world since well before the one you refer to as Maximus came to power. My father watched his rise...and his fall. We were of no assistance to him or his chosen Queen. Stubborn individuals. Capable, yes, but ultimately unable to evolve with the times. Endelaan still pays many a price for decisions they made. You and your kin have the chance to do...to be better.

Aiden relaxed his mental defenses...reluctantly. By about the middle of the unknown voice's speech, he'd had no choice but to concede. If he had been on any other planet or ill-equipped with knowledge gleaned from several sources upon Endelaan, Aiden likely would have dismissed the voice as yet another manipulation of Boadicea and Maximus. He still wasn't positive that it was not, but they did not have a tendency to insult themselves in order to manipulate others. Aiden's ancestors were far too proud for that. Show yourself.

You can already see me upon the horizon, Aiden. But, if I need yet be closer...

8KP0hpJ.jpg

Suddenly, the faint black figure on the horizon began to grow larger as it rapidly approached the shoreline. The closer the figure approached, the more detail Aiden was able to pick out. The flash of red that he'd seen had been eyes, and the figure was as black as the night. As it neared the ground, equally dark wings flared out to the side as wild hair fluttered in the wind. In the matter of moments, a creature that looked like a cross between an enlarged horse and an enlarged eagle stood before Aiden. As the Sith took a step back, he was shocked to see the creature easily towered over him by at least two feet. It's wingspan was commensurate with its natural size and muscular build.

"You are of Phindara," Aiden stated into the open air in basic as if the creature knew it.

You have heard of it. Good. I am not the first of my kind, however, to visit the settled land of this world.

"I know of Arash."

The creature folded in its wings as it came to a halt before Aiden. The dragon that chose your nephew. Yes. Very old and wise but also very proud at times. Match enough for young Brayden. There are many of his kind on PHindara, however. Fewer in number are those such as myself. The dragons have always been isolated, solitary. Those such as myself and my younger brother travel here far more often than most of the humans would believe. The wild horses that your warriors routinely form bonds with. They are guided in the appropriate qualities...not all are destined for the life of a Warrior. Your brother, Caid, for instance was denied a bond with one of them. My brother and I believed that...among those we had seen, Caid possessed a...quality. A need to prove himself, to start anew. For this reason, he was guided by Xsayarsa, the familiar of the King, to journey to the land where the female line of your family originated.

Aiden's response was easy and immediate. "Boadicea. Malagarr. Yes he's been spending quite a bit of time there. Though...it has been a while since I have heard from him or his Princess-lover."

The creature did not appear to have much a reaction to the information, and it certainly did not indicate whether or not the information came as any surprise. Many of you search for a path. A place to belong amid the history of your family. Except, I think, for a small few. The females, mostly, it would seem. Curious. They seem much more adept at finding their own place in the galaxy.

"I lived a life away from Endelaan just fine for quite some time."

Yes but you did not do so originally completely of your own volition. You were instructed. The machinations of Boadicea and Maximus are not blind to us. However, as we saw no reason to intervene or assist them in the past, we see no reason to burden ourselves with thoughts of them now. They can only have as much power over you as you permit. Yes...they will always be there, but you have a benefit most never have. Time. They are strong entities, yes, but a spirit and a thought or only as powerful as one permits the mind to believe it to be. Their grasp of the Force in their present state...will never be as complete as it was when they walked this ground. For that reason, all of you have the potential to be greater. Unshackle yourself from the past. You and Endelaan must move forward.

Aiden laughed slightly as he clasped his hands behind his back. "Easier said than done in many ways."

If you want easy, you should return to the pre-formed nation which you formerly served. Endelaan will present nothing but challenge, but in the same vein it will continuously present opportunity.

"I can certainly agree with that assessment."

You are presently charged with aiding in an investigation. How is that going?

Aiden arched a curious brow at the creature. "I suspect you already know."

The best person we can be at any given time is...ourselves.

Now...the Sith Lord rolled his eyes slightly. "No offense, but I much prefer direct discourse."

The creature was still and silent for several moments. Eventually, it dipped its head in a sign of respect that the human either would or would not recognize. Precisely what I mean, Your Highness. Be yourself. Not the self you envision, but the one that comes naturally. The one that does not reach for power or glory, but chooses to be effective and useful when necessary. You have no choice in this life but to make decisions you think are best and continuously move forward. The rest will fall into place.

Uncharacteristically, Aiden asked a question. A particularly revealing question for him. "If I fail?"

Failure is never finite. If you fail, adjust and succeed. You must rely on the people that support you, pledge their loyalty to you. No leader can do so by brute force and threat while hoping to remain effective. Similarly, no leader can be too lenient or fail to uphold themselves and others to established standards and laws. For all the rest...I will be by your side when necessary.

"Since you know of it already, what would you do with the present issues with the Seraphine?"

That is not for me to say. My opinion is that any whom break the laws of Endelaan or betray the trust of the people should be held accountable. This is what the people expect of their King and Queen.

Aiden laughed softly. "I am neither...do you have a name?"

I did not say you were...nor that you necessarily should be. Nevertheless, the people will look to you for guidance. Your blood grants you respect even admiration, but it also grants you some level of animosity and perhaps hatred. What you do will determine which wins the day. Before I answer your question, there is one matter left to address. Your mind and heart was be clear and filled with purpose to be successful at anything. Do not struggle to prevent yourself from feeling. This was the path your father chose. It was the path that killed him in the end.

"That's not exactly...helpful."

I am here to guide you, to assist you, but I am not here to give you the answers. You must discover those for yourself. My opinion, however, is that the heart wants what it wants. You abandoned the nation you are still, technically, in service to in the midst of a high-stakes offensive to tend to an enigmatic matter of your family and Endelaan almost without thought. The moment you arrived your first thoughts were of whom? Where did you travel to at your earliest moment of opportunity to find comfort? Whom did you ask about the instant you had a chance to interact with someone that knew them?

Aiden unclasped his hand and waved one dismissively. "I get the picture. You needn't say anymore." That did not, however, mean Aiden understood fully or even knew what to do. For the time being, however, he was resolved to deal with the larger matter at hand. Endelaan and its people would have to come first. Once the current crisis was resolved, he could look to his own...affairs.

You have the makings of greatness inside of you, Aiden. My name is Soterious, and I pledge my loyalty and friendship to you on the heart of Endelaan for as long as your journey may be. Bending his massive legs, Sotreious swept into a low bow briefly before rising. Now come. You have languished in solitude long enough. Let us tend to the needs of Endelaan.

Aiden offered Soterious a polite nod before a look of confusion crossed his features. Eventually, he got the impression that Soterious wanted him to climb upon his back. Intriguing. After he'd done so, both Warrior and Familiar took off into the early morning sky.

Three Days Later
Forbidden Temple
Oloth, Endelaan

On the back of Soterious, Aiden could have made the journey back to the Forbidden Temple in a few hours. However, the Sith Lord had elected to engage in a number of other activities first. Namely, he had taken the time to travel through each of Endelaan's most prevalent cities. This whirlwind tour had even included the holy city of Al-Moab. Aiden was not exactly big on face-time, limelight, or politicking. However, it had been necessary to establish contact with the leadership of the major cities. In the current status of Endelaan, most seemed to exist largely on the representation of the eldest Warrior and Sorceress in the town where possible. Al-Zeresh was, of course, the exception where Dastan still ultimately held sway as the Chief Scientist. It was during this trip that Aiden had learned his most clearly identified subordinate, Nareen, had not been seen for some time. The Sith Lord did not exactly struggle to hide his emotions by this time, but he'd grown no closer to any level of actual understanding. Al-Moab also had its own unique structure given the status of the village among the Sorceress' of Endelaan.

The purpose of each meeting Aiden undertook was to get a pulse for the status of society on Endelaan, but he also wished to communicate the present struggles of Endelaan in private to its more influential citizens. In this regard, Aiden took it upon himself to draw them into the problem and offer them the opportunity to become a part of the solution. Similarly, Aiden informed them that the military garrison responsible for their safeguard against any and all enemies of Endelaan would be working very closely with them moving forward.

As Aiden had expected, the sudden revelation of even his existence had mostly engineered a certain amount of shock. This shock then turned to simple obedience because...they did not truly know enough about Aiden to have much of a desire to take a view opposite his own. The Sith Lord was quite aware actual opinions may have actually differed, but he also knew that in the end...the general sense was that actions lacking in honor or benefit to Endelaan were almost outright rejected.

By the time Aiden returned to the Forbidden Temple, rumors of the attempted assassination of Prince Brayden, Councilor Eve, and Faye Malvern had begun to sweep across the continent of Oloth. As he had roughly zero personal investment in it, he also conveyed the information regarding the collection of embryos that had been kept by Nessarose deWinter and Diomedes Antares. More importantly, Aiden looped these community leaders into the reality that the safety of these unborn children had been the exclusive responsibility of the Seraphine and Council of Seers as they were the only bodies whose members had originally been informed. The outright resignation of the Ancient One had helped to solidify the failure of the Seraphine. The oldest and wisest of them all had seen the folly of their ways, the penultimate point of the Seraphine's failure and had asked for exile as a result. Aiden had assured all that he spoke to that the Ancient One had been granted this request simply because she confessed to her failure. Her failure to the King, Queen, and people of Endelaan.

As Aiden descended from the back of Soterious, his bright gaze immediately fell upon a waiting Nicklaus and Arva. Unlike the days prior, both wore stern, impassive expressions. Before they could sweep into any sort of bow completely, Aiden waved a dismissive hand. "What is it?"

Arva spoke first. "There have been no unusual movements of the individuals you ordered under surveillance. Dastan in particular has not even left his residence."

Nicklaus quickly followed his contemporary. "And the military commanders are waiting for you in command as instructed."

Aiden nodded his head simply. "Let's not keep them waiting then." Though Endelaan had a heavy concentration of force users, most of its non-force sensitive population elected to serve Endelaan in a number of vital roles. The overwhelming majority served in the defensive forces of Endelaan, a few even held very senior positions. However, there were no full-fledged Warriors serving underneath the command of a non-force sensitive. For the most part, Warriors were permitted to live independent lives. This was simply because the training of a Warrior was vastly different from that of one not blessed with the gift of the Force. The most regimented organization of Warriors and peak of their service potential was the King's Own. Instead, force users both Warrior and Sorceress alike commanded groupings of their fellow citizens from the villages of Endelaan. It went much farther than simple militaristic action, but it stretched into society as well. In keeping with the planet's history of the Sorceress and Warrior pair, most villages continued to adopt this model.

As he arrived into the command center, Aiden's gaze identified each individual before he gave very simple instructions. "All - thank you for coming on such short notice. I trust Nicklaus and Arva have gotten you up to speed?" Aiden turned his head in the direction of the two that stood on either side of and slightly behind him. After receiving a nod from both, Aiden returned his attention to the military commanders. "In conjunction with Ravens and Warriors from the King's Own, you will all be charged with prosecuting a number of raids within your regions of responsibility. The Seraphines Dastan, Ceana, and Tusar have all come under suspicion for being involved with the recent assassination attempt on a member of the your royal family and your Council of Seers. A citizen, the Warrior Arastos, is always wanted for questioning on the matter." In truth, Aiden had received little information from Brayden regarding this aspect, but there was hardly a terrible burden of proof required for simple suspicion. "Similarly, the three Seraphine are also believed to have been either directly or indirectly involved through inaction with the recent theft of some twenty of the Queen's fertilized embryos. Dispatch orders to your people to conduct raids on any and all known residences, offices, or places of pleasure known to be frequented by these individuals at first light."

Aiden paused for a moment as he held the surprisingly stone-faced gazes of the military commanders. "I recognize this is short-fused tasking. I will be addressing all of Endelaan regarding these developments and more at the same time as the raids are underway. You're all dismissed." The Sith Lord did not solicit any questions. Instead, he immediately departed the large structure. Stepping back out into the mid-day sun, the Sith Lord briefly turned his gaze skyward. Nearly a week on the planet now and the Sith was already growing accustom to its near-electric energy. It truly was a beautiful world, but the current struggles were a simple testament to the reality that beauty did not necessarily indicate peace within. In fact...from all that Aiden had seen, he was not sure that true peace existed. Would I want it to exist...?

Doubtful. Soterious, now ever-present in the two-leg's mind voiced his opinion when he desired, and flexed his presence in whatever manner he desired. Still, he presently held no real complaints to the methods being employed by the Prince-without-ambition. Then again, Soterious was of a different time...a more volatile time. The evolution of politics on Endelaan was a distinctly human trait. Could this descendant of the Warrior and Sorceress fuse the past with the present and push Endelaan into the future? It is not the way of your family.

Aiden practically snarled through their mental connection. I am not my family. Oh Aiden had considered it...simply wiping out the Seraphine and Council. Destroying anything and everything that Arastos cherished and forcing the man to speak the truth. However, Aiden knew such methods rarely achieved the desired results. It was a simple thing to murder a bunch of people and hope you got the correct individual. Further more, if one removed everything a person held dear from existence, said person would say anything you wanted to hear. This did not make what they said the truth. Instead, Aiden would show the people of Endelaan that no one person was above being replaced, minimized. He knew enough about the culture to understand that being perceived as useless and unworthy was the biggest dishonor one could suffer. This was the reason the Ancient One had resigned, guilty or not. Weakness cannot be permitted to fester if we hope to progress to a stronger future. However, the wholesale slaughter of the population does not provide a base to encourage people to be better. It encourages them to be blindly obedient. Blind obedience is in and of itself pathetic.

Soterious would have smiled if he could, but he said nothing.

One Day Later
Forbidden Temple
Oloth, Endelaan

Aiden's eyelids shot open just as he bolted upright. The caramel-skinned Sith's chest was heaving and sweat beaded against his forehead as silver-green eyes searched the darkness. It took a few moments, but Aiden quickly realized that he had been dreaming...or...had he? He'd had visions of a place he'd seen in countless memories but only visited one time. The amethyst-colored waters and red sands of Malagarr contrasted sharply with the vibrant colors of its native foliage. Across plains, around mountains, and into a cavern of some sort the Sith Lord's ethereal body had raced and surged towards an unknown destination. A large black and silver feline seemed to greet him before golden orbs that Aiden could not immediately identify greeted him in the darkness.

In that moment, Aiden's ethereal body had stalled. Finding his footing, he stepped forward until a bright blue hue fell upon the soft skin of a woman he'd only seen a handful of times. Why would [member="Cersei Moirae"] be in his dreams? She had appeared Caid's fascination for some time, but Aiden had regarded her much too...doe-eyed? Perhaps it had been an effect of being out among the galaxy for the first time, but there was no denying her soul had not exactly spoken to him. Why now was his mind reaching out to her?

The next second brought Aiden his answer. It had not been of his doing. The Princess of Malagarr had called him, drawn his presence from afar based on the connection he shared with Caid through blood. It was an act that spoke to...an impressive amount of control and ability. Only a handful of words were uttered by the woman before the dream, the vision snapped out of existence. Your brother requires your sword if you can be more than the simple-minded brute I perceive.

In the present, on Endelaan, Aiden rubbed his temples. Apparently he was not the only one with preconceived notions. The larger issue, of course, was whether or not this vision was true or some trick of another. When Aiden tried to stretch out his presence to feel for Caid, it took time...too much time. By the time he was able to touch the mind of his brother, Aiden felt very little. It was as if the younger Centurion was already gone. Retreating, Aiden swung his legs over the edge of the bed and proceeded to the refresher. Another situation to investigate. Another problem. The Sith Lord would have to tend to the matter later in the day.

--------
South Lawn, Forbidden Temple
Sunrise

The Main Hall of the Forbidden Temple was where Aiden had been advised by Nicklaus and Arva to hold the public statement he had spoken to them about giving to all of Endelaan. Set to occur at the same time as the raids on any holdings and homes of three Seraphines and the Warrior Arastos, Aiden's goal was to officially convey to everyone what he'd conveyed to many of the village leaders over the last few days. While Aiden knew that rumor had already spread, he regarded this as a necessary action to keep the populace involved and understanding of the goal.

Aiden was no orator, but he knew how to rely on symbols to convey meaning. Draped in a black and silver cloak, colors of the Warrior line of his family that he normally never adorned, Aiden stood tall in front of a section of the Forbidden Temple. However, even part of that was obscured by the site of Brayden's massive red dragon and Soterious behind Aiden. Once he'd received the signal to begin, Aiden's silver-green gaze brightened considerably.

"People of Endelaan. Most of you do not know me. My name is Aiden, son of Cameron, son of Alathor." The Warrior paused for a brief moment before continuing. "I have spent much of the past week speaking with the eldest and most experienced of this world." Aiden said nothing of the circumstances of his birth. He had, however, conveyed this information to the village elders that he'd spoken with over the past few days. It was, perhaps, the true reason most of his words had been received with a certain...reverence. Within the technical realities of Endelaan, Aiden was the actual Ancient One. That was something that could filter throughout the population on its own, hushed in dark corners and told over quiet dinners. "My family has failed you. All of you. We have been absent for decades, centuries, leaving you all to your own devices. Yet here you are, survived and improved through the crucible of darkness and plague alike. Through that time, you have been guided by the Ancient One, the Seraphine, and the Council of Seers. You have been protected by your military, the Queen's Ravens, and the King's Own. These successes have been hard fought and well earned, but you have languished in them as of late. I am new here, but I was raised on the oldest of traditions on Endelaan. The traditions of honor, victory, and strength.

As those of you of Al-Zeresh may have witnessed, an attempt was recently made on the life of my nephew, Prince Brayden, Eve of the Council of Seers, and my nephew's sorceress, Faye Malvern. This dishonorable attempt failed. The would-be assassin fled, backed, as we've come to discover, by very influential benefactors. I do not know the true motivations of this assassin or those they are involved with, but I do not care. They do not represent who you, the people of Endelaan, descend from or the impressive achievements your ancestors have accomplished in the past. I have seen much of the galaxy and done much in my eight hundred some-odd years of life. As you have changed, so too has the galaxy. Enemies encroach closer and closer to this corner of the galaxy every month, yet you squabble and plot against each other. Rest assured that in the new crucible on the horizon, you...we...will need each other." Pausing once more, Aiden inhaled steadily and lowered his head briefly. Long locks of highlighted hair briefly framed his face before the Prince raised his head once more. "I cannot speak to if or when the King or Queen will return. However, it's a minute concern at this time. We must work together to prepare ourselves for the future in their absence, and we cannot do this when those that would be charged with that leadership are busy plotting to kill members of the royal family out of fear. Fear is a natural emotion, but allowing fear to control is weakness. There is no place for that here.

As I speak, elements of Endelaan's military are conducting raids on specified locations. I have no doubt that many of the targets of these raids will run and hide like the cowards they are. Perhaps some saw this coming and reached out to a number of you for support. I make this promise to all of you right now. If you stand with me, I will help you to prepare for the real threat, to preserve Endelaan's way of life. If you choose to stand against my family and myself, then I promise you will share the same fate as that of Seraphine Dastan, Seraphine Ceana, Seraphine Tusar, and the Warrior Arastos. You will be stripped of title and holdings and called on to answer for the charges brought against you. Verberri, the Ancient One, has already resigned her position out of the shame of her part in failure by inaction. For her courage and service, she has been granted exile upon her request...to be returned only upon her death for burial. True traitors and conspirators, however, will receive no such courtesy. All of you have the power to choose how you wish to live. Do so with honor, and you will be respected as such in life and death. Reject the notion there is any other option."

As Aiden's comments concluded, he turned and walked out of the holocom's view angle. In his wake, he left only a stern looking Arash and Sorterious, creatures obviously of the Forbidden Continent. The feed cut after a few moments.

Immediately joined by Nicklaus and Arva, it was the Captain that spoke first. "We have Ceana, Tusar, and Arastos. Dastan has not been located as of yet. He, apparently, evaded his surveillance team."

"I am not surprised. Bring all three to the dungeons of the Forbidden Temple for questioning."

Nicklaus glanced at Arva before chancing a question. "Questioning?"

Smiling thinly, Aiden turned his head to regard the Captain on his right side. "Yes - and inform the rest of the Seraphine they are to be here for said questioning. Do any of them have offspring?"

"Ceana has birthed two sons. Tusar a single daughter. Arastos has no reported children."

"Level of training?"

Arva arched a curious brow and answered of her own accord. "Tusar's daughter is a Sorceress of Al-Moab."

Nicklaus expanded a bit. "Ceana's sons have completed the Path of the Warrior. It is very unusual for force users of their age to not be completely trained."

Aiden nodded his head, recalling the paths to advancement. They were...involved and repetitive failure was usually discouraged through incredible embarrassment. However, failure used to be discouraged by the promise of death. The Sith Lord felt that the new method was part of a contribution to a more diminished way of thinking. It was hard to teach individuals to train like any fight was to the death...when they knew it was not. Ceana, Tusar, and Arastos would be the first to clearly display that death was, in fact, a very real result of failure and dishonor. "Press the Warriors into the King's Own and draw the Sorceress into the Ravens."

Both Nicklaus and Arva snapped their heads towards Aiden.

Without so much as pausing, the Prince continued to walk. "I was gravely serious in my statement. We must all be better. If you cannot make capable members of those three, then perhaps you two have ceased to be effective as well. The King and Queen are not here. We cannot stagnate or regress because of it, give the children the opportunity to restore honor to their families. This is how we progress and grow. Neither failure nor glory is to be inherited...only earned."

Endelaan. She remembered how Mirus and Mira had loved the planet so many generations ago, how they had always been excited about going back there before the Gulag Virus, how they had both grown up there and learned much more than they could ever have had on Dathomir. Celeste had been too young at the time to be part of it, remaining behind to mostly keep company to her parents, Lauda and Blade. She had not minded. While everyone else in the family had been occupied with war and death, she herself preferred to live more with the steady rhythm of nature, choosing deep forests over cities, animals over people, and solitude over crowds.

And by doing so, had made herself an outcast. None missed her on Dathomir, though she had heard rumors of her grandmother being alive again. She had once attempted to join an old empire by the name of the Ancient Eye, hoping to alter their attempts at gaining ancient Sith Artifacts which she judged that they would not have the first clue what to properly do with. It had, ultimately, been a waste of her time; the Ancient Eye had crumbled and the artifacts had not been found.

And yet after traveling the galaxy for the past year, it was the call to Endelaan that she had received through the Force. She could not quite understand why; after all, she had never stepped foot on that place, even when her cousins had once again made it the gleaming jewel of the Unknown Regions, even if only for a short time. Yet her little stealth ship was enough to bring her there mostly undetected, and her ability to go with the flow of the place had not caused her to draw any unwanted attention either. In that regard, Celeste supposed, she had been lucky.

And she had been there. She heard Aiden's speech, heard him state who he was, and what was to happen.

Yet what did that have to do with her vision? While all the children of their part of the family (a far as she knew) had the glowing eyes of green and silver, Celeste knew the minor differences between them, able to tell them apart simply by exact hue. Aiden's green was not the green she was searching for.

With a nod, she sent the softest of caresses to her cousin through the Force.

I am here to call upon when needed, she added her message, the time is not now, but it shall be soon enough. I shall be in the forests for when that time comes.

[member="Aiden"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom