Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Pretty Credit

Rhynne's eyes drifted to the protocol droid, and one would swear they saw her head tilt ever so slightly. It was a new sight to her, she had seen repair droids and astromech droids, but never a protocol droid. Examining it she listened to the conversation between the two, also realizing she never really considered they were intelligent.

At the comment of it calling her a stray she only took minor offence, realizing in reality it was somewhat true, she was nothing but a stray now.

"Deal." She answered back, "And... this droid can teach me how to read?" She said more as a question than a fact. She was already learning more things than she knew.

As Alina dipped into the cockpit she returned her attention to the droid, expecting it to guide the way.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

370d9lz.png

"I can teach a lot, I'll have you know." The droid huffed indignantly, but would, seemingly against it's will, go to retrieve a book to start the teaching portion of it all. Then, surprisingly, time passed. Alina kept her distance for the most part. K3, which was it's actual name that Alina refused to use for some reason, spent that time overseeing Rhynne's teachings. Showing her to read, how go repair the ship. Walked around with her whenever they made planet fall for one reason or another of Alina's business.

Most of which had her returning covered in someone's blood.

Alina wasn't completely separated. She mostly asked how Rhyn's teachings were going. Learning to read was likely the most important part of the girl's training. At least the basics. When she could read, that's when the real teaching would begin.

Alina set down a red pyramid on the table. A Sith holocron. She smiled ever so faintly, tapping the dully colored item. "Alright. Now we can truly begin. Can you sense this? The darkness it holds?"

Rhynne Urdreth Rhynne Urdreth

In the time Rhynne studied fervently, taking in anything she could, and in their time on other planets inquired about things with K3, hoping to expand her knowledge. She learned, cleaned, and trained as she promised in their deal, taking time to ensure what she did was done proper. As time drifted by she became more and more curious, yearning for more to fill her need; all the while the promise of bringing her to someone to teach her to master her skills drifted in the back of her mind. Would this person find her worthy to teach?
--
"It feels... odd..." The girl studied the object placed before her, never having seen anything like it. "What does it do?" She inquired, reaching out a hand to touch the holocron.

"I can feel it... pulling me." Her attention was drawn, that much evident as her focus revolved around the pyramid, mind racing as to what it could do that was so intriguing.

370d9lz.png

"Is that how it feels?" An amused smile formed on Alina's face. She couldn't feel the pull herself. That was the bane of her blessing, her power. Still, the Sangnir tapped on the device. Several specific spots, at that. Then the holocron opened. Red glowed from within as it lifted itself, hovering just above the table.

"This is a Holocron. I can't teach you myself how to feel the Force. This? This can. Then I can teach you how to use that rage you've had as strength."

Rhynn watched in utter amazement as the pyramid began to float off the table, her eyes glued to it like a mesmerizing display. "Where do these things come from? They are so different than anything I've seen..."

The girl reached out to touch the floating device gently, it swinging in place before regaining its equilibrium and returning to its orbiting position. Her eyes were alight with a bright sense of curiosity, once she likely hadn't ever shown, at least, not in her life as a slave. As it began its playback she waited eagerly, intrigued by what it had to offer; it was all knew to her, even truly acknowledging the force more than just something that tugged at her in her dreams.

"You can't feel the force?..." She asked quietly, wondering who, or what the woman really was. In all the time they were traveling she had kept her questions quiet, knowing best to leave that boundary for her gracious host to break. However this was something that brought her attention, having seen her fight and move in unnatural ways, clearly having a talent in some way she assumed was the force.

370d9lz.png

Alina blinked in surprise at the question. After a moment, she just laughed. A surprised, soulful kind unlike any of the usual more passive conversations she'd held with Rhynne in their time together. She nodded once, pointing to the artifact. "I'm a.. Special case I guess. My mother tried to make me into something and failed. The cost was my ability to feel it. I'm strong because of what I am, not because of the Force. You, though, can become so much stronger.

Listen to the device. Take it's teachings to heart. With it, I can show you how to break all chains and be Sith."

The girl nodded softly, leaving the woman's words as such and not wanting to pry further. "I am... very sorry to hear. You are stronger than I ever even hope to be, but I will listen and learn as much as I can."

She turned her attention back to the device, studying it fervently, wondering what knowledge it contained, in the time her mind even drifted to how it was made, to the master in the teaching itself, so many things she never worried about when she was just cattle waiting to be sold; it brought her... something she could describe at first, but a good word was determination.

370d9lz.png

Alina stuck around this time. Watching and listening herself. The lessons were the basics she'd longed to learn from a young age. The lessons she memorized word for word in her quest to become a Sith herself. Before she learned she never would be able to use the Force. Well, not until she fixed the issue anyway.

At least now she could.

Channeling hate was the basis of it all. Learning how to focus emotion to exert the users will over the Force. Alina added her own addendums. Learning how to focus through it. Keep control of the emotion rather than become a tool for it. A Sith was always in control. Reading and learning quickly turned to more hands on lessons. Alina couldn't do it herself, but she knew better than most on just how it worked from an informational stand point. How to lift things, throw them.

Affect minds. Summon lightning. How to use dark rituals to do impossible things. That she didn't show Rhynne, not yet. But how to affect the world, how to be stronger.

Weeks, months. Time had always been different for Alina now that she couldn't age. Forever stuck at the age of barely twenty had it's own issues she'd talk about some other time. Now? On a planet some distance from the core, where the fields of grass were seemingly endless, she tossed Rhynne the smooth cylinder of a lightsaber.

"Here. It's time you learn how to actually fight."

In her time Rhynne paid attention like a student would to a master, reveling in every bit of knowledge that was gifted to her and practiced day in and out. The girls mind always focused, on being able to one day break other's chains, much like Alina assistance her in her time of need. In an ideal world, a task as such and a dream might have turned one toward the Jedi, such a noble task of ending the slavery in the galaxy and freeing those who couldn't help themselves; though in Rhynnes case, it was a goal twisted and corrupted by deep sat rage and anger, though she never outwardly commented on it again, her focus in training, her rock and center, was to always remember back to that feeling of when she held the blaster pointed at the Hutt's head, the creature who tortured her for years.

In her practice, she began to hone her talents of telekinesis, one such thing she was never able to control as a slave. Her mind always craved more, more knowledge, more power, more skill. The more she learned the more the girls thirst for knowledge grew.

On the planet Alina brought the two she watched the waves of grass blow in the breeze, the distant moon illuminating every plant with a shimmer of light that danced under the dark sky. The travel, it was something she loved during this time, never having set foot off the trade ship before her escape Rhynne was always in awe of the different worlds they stopped upon; especially planets as such, with a silent allure of the beauty nature could hold.

As the saber was tossed to her, Rhynne, distracted as she always was, caught it with both hands, nearly dropping it but managing to bat it back into her grasp. She examined the metal surface, seeing her reflection ever so briefly in the shine before looking back up to Alina. "A lightsaber?... Are you sure I'm ready?.." She asked quietly, looking for the woman's reaction with hidden curiosity.

370d9lz.png

"No." They were, at least, training sabers. The sting they'd offer was very real, but there'd be no limb chopping. Alina could repair her own missing limbs if needed. The same couldn't be said for Rhyn herself. Alina smiled as she brought up her own, igniting the simple red blade.

"But the Galaxy is too cruel to give you the time. Take up the blade. Focus. The hate and rage you felt, let it flow through you. Swing with intent, desire to kill. You won't hurt me, but you need to try if you want to get anywhere."

Rhyn looked over the lightsaber for a few moments, a clear moment of hesitation in her as she worried about hurting the one who had taught her so much. Though the thought came to mind that she couldn't imagine even being permitted to hurt her, Alina's strength likely twenty fold of her own. Hitting the activator switch the training blade buzzed to life with energy, illuminating the surroundings under the faint moon light with a glow of crimson.

The girl looked up to her teacher once more for what seemed like a confirmation, seeming unsure of her own motions as she attempted to think on the rage and hatred inside her; in this time though, all she had felt for the woman before her was appreciation, kindness... even holding a training blade she was concerned of hurting her.

370d9lz.png

Alina blinked.

She.. Had no idea what to do with this. Hesitation was meant to be met with punishing strikes, right? At least for herself, that was her upbringing. Alina's blade leveled for the girl as she watched her. No, what was didn't mean that's what it had to be. "If you can't strike at me with hate, then we'll focus instead on drills. Give you form to channel your rage into. Take up your blade, both hands, like so."

And just like that Alina turned it to drills. The basics of wielding a lightsaber as a weapon. How to strike, how to hold it level. How to use it to her advantage where a normal sword couldn't. She'd answer any and all questions without hesitation. But already it was apparent she wasn't going to be the teacher Rhynne needed to be a proper Sith. Perhaps she was too fond of the girl.

It didn't matter. For the whole day Alina would make sure Rhynne got the basics down before letting her finally relax. Meals were quick, and only there to keep the girl from flat out fainting from exhaustion.

Alina wasn't tired in the slightest, though.

"Good. You're in a decent enough shape now I think to have a proper master. I'll reach out to my contacts."

Rhyn seemed relieved at the idea of just drills, instead of full out fighting. It was true that Alina was light on the girl, though perhaps it was what she needed to get a proper start in the world; Something to guide her to a path that would be best down the line. Her life up to the moment of meeting her teacher was nothing but misery, hopelessness, and utter loss. It was the moment Alina broke her chains that her life changed for the better.

Should Alina have been as cruel as her previous master and lord, the girl likely would have run off into the illuminated streets of Nar Shadaa, hunted down by the mercenaries under the hutts control, most definitely hung as a warning to others who would stand in their way. No, she needed someone to guide her towards her destiny, to another that would be strict but not outright cruel. It was the kindness the woman showed that caused the girl to trust her decision in handing her off to a master.

Rhyne trained her heart out, following the steps of Alina through every motion, mimicking her in ever detail, every movement. It was only once the Sangnir decided the training was over that she rested.

"A master?... You aren't going to be the one to teach me..." She said softly, having known this fact in her own mind for a long while. In silence she nodded, knowing nothing she said would change the woman's decision.

370d9lz.png

"A Sith's life is a brutal one, but through it you'd gain new strength. Power." It wasn't a life Alina particularly relished, but she was too far down the path to regret it or change. No, she was strong now, in her own way. Soon she'd be stronger. Rhynne learned well, fast. She could survive a master, and get the training she needed to survive. "I'll find one I trust to teach you well, but they'll demand their loyalty. They may even send you to kill me."

It's what Alina would do. She smiled after a moment, shaking her head.

"If that happens, don't hesitate. This is a galaxy of monsters Rhynne. Only the strongest get to reign them in."

"I... I can't kill you... I wouldn't ever do that..." The girl seemed visibly a bit upset, looking over the training blade in her hand at the clean metal reflection. "You're... the first person who's ever been nice to me..."

Holding back tears she set the saber down, her eyes avoiding eye contact with Alina's. Perhaps, if this was the life she was about to walk into, she didn't want it at all. Sure Alina had likely hurt others, well, she had, and Rhyn had seen it; but she never hurt her. It was a strange thing the girl felt, nothing she had felt before towards her teacher, ever other person she ever met was distained or pitied, but.. Alina was different.

370d9lz.png

Alina watched for a moment, her golden eyes passively observing the girl as tears of all things formed. She.. Didn't know what to do with that. The only intention she had was to make Rhynne into a Sith. She could smell the girl's power in the Force. She kept distant for that sole reason. Yet this is what she thought of the Sangnir? The woman closed her eyes and just.. Thought it through.

".. Well, if you're going to be that stubborn, I guess I can't have someone else train you." Fine. That was fine. She reached over, lifting up the saber before handing it back to Rhynne. "Don't loose this. When you're ready, I'll help you make a real one. But you're not going to get any proper training without it."

Rhynne wiped her eyes with the back of her hand which smudged the droplets of moisture across her face, leaving a small shimmer across her skin. While it wasn't outwardly intentional, the girl had begun to form a bond to Alina like she had never had before. Rhyn was not that of natural birth, being created by mixing genetics to create a soldier; she was never thought of as a child, or something to be cared for.

No the girl never had anything close to a guiding figure, let alone someone who showed any semblance of consideration for her well being, and even further, she had begun to see Alina as a mother. What a 'Mother' was the hybrid couldn't say, but her feelings were all the same, it was someone she cared for, who in her thoughts cared back, one who was helping guide her in a life she never knew before. And the fact that Alina was willing to change her mind and keep Rhyn around was something that made her feel just a touch better.

Accepting the saber from the woman's hand she looked down at the metallic surface once more to see her distorted reflection, and then back up to the Sangnir. "Thank you..." She said softly, not sure what else to say.

370d9lz.png

"Don't thank me too much. This will be a difficult life." Alina wasn't one to sugar coat things. Especially this. Her gaze stayed on the girl for a moment longer. Watching the once slave wipe away her tears. Would the Sangnir actually make a decent mother?

Probably not. But maybe a decent enough master to make the girl into the Sith she needed to be? Alina's gaze turned back to their ship. There was enough training for the day. "Tomorrow I want you to keep doing those drills. Every day, for at least two hours. Understood?"

The girl nodded ever so slightly, wiping the remains of her tears from her dark grey skin. Rhynne never considered why she felt so attached to the woman before her, or why she so desperately didn't want to leave; but those were questions for another time.

"I will.." She said in response to the instructions on training, looking down at the beaten training saber. It was another thought, when she would get a true one for herself, but she would have to prove herself worthy, she would have to make Alina proud.

Taking in a breath Rhynne pushed away the feelings of sadness, and took on a more determined approach, "You won't regret keeping me... I promise." She said softly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom