Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A pleasant melody from a brighter age

enclavediv3.png

Objective: Bask in the beauty of the world.
Equipment: Beskar'gam I Blaster Pistol I Blaster Carbine I Deflector Shield
Tags: [ Valery Noble Valery Noble ]

Scarif... was beautiful.

Jenn had never seen a world that called to her so - and she had made it her business to visit the known galaxy's oceanic worlds in her free time! A lovely journey unfortunately put on hold when the war against the Galactic Alliance began. So many worlds fell under the Alliance's sway, and so her options were... painfully limited now that she had become an enemy of such a large state. A shame, too: Wielu had been rather pleasant, in spite of the business she had to conduct there. In other circumstances, the Ersansyr would have lingered for a few more days, exploring the planet's oceans and marveling at the sea life surrounding her! But she had found herself confronted by a most unexpected hero... none other than the Grandmaster of the New Jedi Order herself. A woman that should have been, by all rights, her enemy. A woman who showed respect for her culture, sympathized with her woes, and bonded with her over their hope for a brighter tomorrow - as well as her desire for a family of her own.

Try as she might to deny it, the Mandalorian thought of her adversary fondly, suppressing her frustration whenever she heard her name uttered by the Mando'ade. The Sword of the Jedi's name was uttered as one would a curse, an example of the self-righteous Jedi who involved themselves in the affairs of her people! She felt nothing but scorn for those who showed their hatred for what she had done. When Valery told her that Shai was a sister to her, the Kayatr'ade believed her, and in a way... she understood. If anyone had to kill her, she would rather have it be someone like Valery, someone she could respect, someone she desperately wanted to call friend.

Sitting in the surf of a small island amidst the planet's oceans, far from any settlement, Jenn was well and truly mesmerized by the world around her. To an Ersansyr, Scarif's beauty was almost otherworldly: the tropical waters presented a great way to cool off to be sure, but they remained warm enough near the surface to allow for some sunbathing by simply... allowing herself to float on the surface. The swaying of the palm trees, the splashing of water as the waves crashed against the shore in a soothing rhythm, the sight of sky and ocean meeting in the distance as the world bathed in the tantalizing light of dusk...

It was all wonderful. And, above all, it was private. By and large, the world was free from civilization: no large settlements, no attempt at taming the land and twisting it into something else... and it gave her a rare chance to practice her song. Jenn had always loved singing, long before her transformation, but after becoming Ersansyr... she felt the ocean's embrace against her very soul, comforting her, soothing her, inviting her to indulge in a chance to be herself. To be Jenn, freed from the obligations of her people!

With her arms wrapped around her long, powerful, yet utterly elegant tail and her fin flapping about gently against the water as it reached her with every wave, the siren closed her eyes... and forgot all about the war, the buy'ce left in the sand at her side, the fear of where she might yet end up. Her lips slowly parted, and, freed from all of her woes, she began to sing. It was a captivating melody: beautiful and otherworldly, an ode to the world below, a world of peace and quiet! Unbeknownst to her, however, such an alluring song flowed through the Force as readily as it did the physical world, entrancing those left unguarded - or too weak-willed to resist the beauty of the song calling to them.

Scariff
div-orange.png
Outfit: Beach Wear | Wedding Ring
Tag: Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Valery began to carefully tip-toe around on the beach, once she felt how warm the sand was underneath her bare feet. It took a moment getting used to it, but once she had, it was amazing. Paired with the warm sun, the gentle breeze and the sound of the waves, and she felt like she was on a vacation again. She was even dressed for it, just to fit in and not make herself stand out too much. Because as beautiful as this place was, she had decided to come here for a reason.

And it wasn't vacation.

During her meeting with Jenn Kryze, Valery had felt something about her that she wanted to talk to her about. All she needed was the right time and right place, and this was it. Vera, her oldest daughter, had seen it in her visions, and Valery knew better than to ignore what her little guiding star could see.

Jenn was out here on Scariff.

With her long, dark-brown hair flowing in the wind, and fiery eyes staring through sunglasses, Valery looked across the water and smiled. She felt Jenn within the waves, and even believed to have seen her move somewhere. But she wasn't going to disturb the woman during what she assumed to be vacation time. No, she'd wait on shore and make it a fun little surprise that she had been able to find her.

Last edited:

enclavediv3.png

Objective: Swim swiftly through warm waters.

Sitting in the surf and admiring the beauty of Scarif surrounding her was certainly pleasant - but Jenn hungered for more. The sea called her name, and she readily answered, even as she kept on singing her melody, carried through the waves and the Force itself as she sunk below the waves, watching in amazement as dusklight made the near-turquoise waters seem all the more enchanting. Blissfully unaware of Valery's presence, the Ersansyr kept on swimming with speed and grace around the small islands dotting the planet, almost tempted to shed her beskar'gam and discard the rest of her equipment as well: were it not for the risk of having it washed away by the tide, she surely would have left it on the beach and gone skinny dipping. Alas, she had no choice but to keep her buy'ce attached to her jetpack as to prevent it from sinking into the depths, no matter how it impacted her-

For a human, the difference in speed was barely perceptible. For her, it was... a little annoying. And yet, she found herself smiling as a thought came to her. Here she was, a beskar torpedo, swimming around without a care in the world, singing for herself and basking in a rare moment of peace and tranquility. The ocean's embrace was pleasant, as if it sought to caress her scales and welcome her home: the temptation to rip her gauntlets off was almost overwhelming now, the desire to feel water rushing against her webbing leaving her drunk with a rush of sensations-

And that was when Jenn showed a remarkable amount of self-control, refusing to abandon herself to her own song, and the beauty of what was, in the end, her home. Swimming closer to the surface, the Ersansyr began to make her way over to the shore, her song finally coming to a close as she felt... something familiar. Another presence, different to that of the tides she could reach out and feel against her mind, but no less pleasant. And, as she peeked her head out of the water to glance at the sandy beach, the fiery-haired siren frowned.

Jenn liked her privacy, and she was not expecting company. And yet, even as she tried to force herself back into the role of a Mandalorian warrior, to assess the situation as she always did, the thoughtful soul could not help but find comfort in the bright, comforting presence she felt as she looked at the stranger from afar. Dipping her head back underwater, the elegant daughter of the sea kicked her tail with purpose and reached the shoreline in no time, resting on her elbows and swaying her tailfin this way and that behind her as she lie in the sand, the waves crashing against her. Her eyes were almost scary in their haunting beauty, shifted into something more befitting of a man-eating siren of legend than a human. And yet, for all of her unusual traits, she was still... Jenn.

And she met Valery with a tender smile.

"I see you're enjoying Scarif as well", noted the smith in a sing-song voice, her soul practically shining with joy as she met the Grandmaster's fiery gaze. "You even dressed up for the occasion! This looks really good on you."

Scariff
div-orange.png

"I'm not here on vacation," Valery assured Jenn with a chuckle. "The weather and view is pleasant, though. But the look is to keep myself from standing out too much. It's quiet here, but you never know who might be watching." Most wouldn't take too kind to finding a Jedi all the way out here on her own, and she wasn't really looking forward to dealing with trouble. She just wanted to talk to Jenn about her Force-sensitivity.

Something they had in common that she could tell her more about.

Valery then turned her eyes briefly back to the water and the horizon beyond. She knew Jenn felt at home in there, and she began to wonder what that was like. Just for a moment, though, before she looked back at the other woman, "I hope I wasn't disturbing you too much. There was just something I wanted to talk to you about before this war escalates." Ryloth had already been quite a lot of trouble, but she felt something bigger was coming.

It was only a matter of time before either the Alliance or Enclave attacked the other.

"I think it's important for you to know."

enclavediv3.png

Objective: Chat up the Jedi.

"That's such a shame!" chuckled the Ersansyr warmly, lifting her tailfin from the surf behind her, letting it hang above her head as her tail curled upward. "Scarif is the most beautiful planet in the galaxy. Here, I can... stop worrying about everything. I still wear the beskar'gam, sure, but it feels as if the burden that comes with it is lifted right off my shoulders." A soft sigh of utter contentment escaped her at that, ethereal eyes sliding shut as she allowed herself to bask in the feeling of belonging she felt. Never had the warrior looked so very... peaceful. If not for the beskar'gam, one might even take her for something different than a Mandalorian, such was the extent of her joyful tranquility.

But then, Valery spoke of the war, and she was almost cruelly reminded that the peace she found on Scarif was merely transient. Beyond the sea and its embrace, beyond the skies of this world she loved so dearly, the specter of war loomed over her people. Just like that, the gentle light of her joy dimmed, replaced with the same emotions she had struggled against ever since Ryloth. Exhaustion, fear, doubts... melancholy. More than anything, she wanted to tell her friend that she had no desire to fight her, that she could see just how good she was, or even that she longed to share in her company without the weight of their personal responsibility holding them back-

Instead, Jenn remained quiet, resisting the desire to go back, to disappear beneath the waves and swim away from all of this, to curl up in a lagoon and let the ocean's touch take her to sleep. Tilting her head to the side, her otherworldly gaze plunged in the Jedi's own: a meeting of fire and water, Mandalorian and Jedi, adversaries turned friends.

"I trust you."

Words delivered in a longing voice, pained with the reminder that the two of them could never truly share an unbreakable bond of friendship, not with what they owed to their respective people. But words spoken with conviction, nonetheless, and with a hint of the tenderness she trusted Valery enough to express.

"If you think it's important, then... I'll listen."

Scariff
div-orange.png

"It sounds like you feel at home here," Valery commented with a gentle smile, while she watched the waves and saw Jenn in her true form again. Or well, was it her true form? It felt rude to ask, but she seemed to be in her element the most out here. She had even sang a tune that had carried itself across the ripples of the Force — another sign that confirmed what Valery had already believed when they first met.

There was something about Jenn that she herself didn't even seem to realize.

Going into the topic here of all places was perhaps not the best — she could tell that going into a more serious tone changed something about her. Jenn was here to relax and be away from war or duty. Valery just knew that this was really her one shot to tell her. Because as soon as the war really kicks off, they'd be on opposite sides of a battlefield, perhaps even drawing weapons against each other.

Luckily, Jenn trusted her enough to know this was important.

"This might be strange to hear, but you and I aren't as different as we might have thought," Valery began before she paused for a short moment. "You're Force-sensitive, Jenn. I could feel it when we met not long ago, but I could hear it in your song just now as well. Those tunes echoed in the Force."

enclavediv3.png

Objective: Chat up her friend. Learn the trruth.

"It sounds like you feel at home here,"

"More than you know, Valery", came the Ersansyr's response, her voice... so very soft. This was a different facet of Jenn, one of peace and tranquility - and, unfortunately, one she could seldom express anywhere else. War was upon the Mandalorian Enclave, and the smith poured many, many hours into repairing and reforging the beskar'gam of her fallen kin, inventing new weapons and technologies to face the Jedi and their supporting troops, pulling all-nighters at her Forge as well as her workshop... but Scarif brought her some reprieve from the immense pressure she faced on Hefi, the immense burden lifted from her shoulders.

If Valery had come all this way to find her, so very close to Enclave space, then she surely had her reasons, and the Mandalorian chose to trust... to trust-

Whatever this woman was to her now. Referring to Valery as The Grandmaster or The Sword of the Jedi became more and more difficult with each encounter, with each act of kindness and understanding made by a woman who was, by all rights, a key figure in the command structure of the enemy her people faced. A Jetii skilled enough to defeat her in battle with ease, a peerless warrior she should have avoided after their encounter on Wielu! Perhaps she had been a fool to inquire, to sympathize, to give her a glimpse of who she truly was beneath the beskar'gam. But, try as she might to correct course, to consider her as an adversary worthy of her respect, Jenn failed, time and time again. Valery was a loving mother and wife, a staunch defender of the Light, and above all, a steadfast friend. In the end, those attributes mattered more to Jenn than anything else.

Her heart was open, as was her mind, the Ersansyr hanging onto every word uttered by this unlikely friend she had made. And it was this trust that allowed her to dismiss her first reaction, pushing aside the impulse to call the woman a liar, here to sow dissent in preparation for the upcoming battles. The smith trusted her friend to speak the truth, and reasoned that the least she could do was take her words to heart after she had come all the way out here. Still... the Mandalorian seemed to freeze, her gaze lost in Valery's fiery eyes, a sense of quiet helplessness found in those twin pools of cerulean blue. For a moment, there was only the sound of the waves crashing against the shore, water dripping down from her fin and onto her back... shock written all over her features, and not a little fear.

More than ever, she understood just how foolish she had been to come to Dromund Kaas. The temptation she had felt there, her desires given form as her dreams were filled with whispers and a great many hands reaching out for her- it all made sense now... even now, she felt a pang of longing at the thought of what had been promised to her. And, deep in her heart, for all of the trust she placed in Valery's hands, she knew that admitting to her time spent there might very well mark the end of their friendship. The Jedi would condemn her, perhaps rightfully so, and she would lose someone she valued. Someone she had never meant to befriend.

"... what am I going to do now?" asked the fiery-haired siren in a whisper, her fear of the unknown crashing down all around her. More than anything, she wanted to flee, to return to the embrace of the ocean, to hide from this revelation and its consequences. Parting her gaze from Valery's eyes, she turned towards the water instead, sitting by the shore and hugging her tail close, her shoulders trembling.

Scariff
div-orange.png

Fear.

As soon as Valery revealed why she had been looking for Jenn, the joy over being at home faded fairly quickly. She knew what it could mean to be Force-sensitive — the danger, the risk and perhaps now, the tension within the Mandalorians about it. They were all legitimate, and it immediately sparked a question that didn't really have an easy answer. So as much as Valery wanted to tell her something she wanted to hear, she had to be content with telling the truth.

"Well, that is your decision to make. Just because you're Force-sensitive, doesn't mean that you have to be a Jedi, a Sith or be part of some other group. There are other Mandalorians who have this connection," she assured Jenn. "But... there's always a risk." She let out a soft sigh and watched the woman hug herself for comfort.

This wasn't an easy thing at all.

"Especially now, during times of war, a lot of people let emotions drive them. Mandalorians want revenge for Shai's death, or just want to stand up against us for getting in the way. Those feelings can easily cause one to fall, and if that happens... you'll lose not only your people, but yourself in the process."

"You have to learn how to resist it."

enclavediv3.png

Objective: Chat up her friend. Learn the truth.

Every time Jenn had met Val, the Mandalorian seemed more tired than the last, the formidable will she used to drag her wearied body and soul about the galaxy only capable of lasting for so long. The joy she felt was gone, the sense of peace and tranquility crushed underfoot. Embroiled in a hopeless and senseless war against the Jedi left her with two paths: to seek those among her people capable of teaching her... or finally accept Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru 's help, and give in to the Dark Side of the Force. The very thought of it was enough for her to suck in a lungful of air through her gills, burying her face against her tail as she did so, her shoulders shaking.

More than anything, she wanted to finally be able to let go. To stop... having so many responsibilities and tragedies thrust unto her, to remove the beskar'gam enveloping her corporeal form and the ironclad will wrapped around her very soul, to shed the burden of her heritage as Mando'ade, of her duty as Kayatr'ade, of her terrible new powers as one blessed by the Manda. Blessed, or perhaps cursed, as some of her people would point out. But... Valery was being honest with her here. Rather than offering empty platitudes, or lying to her in an effort to make her feel better, her friend chose to speak the truth.

And that gave her the push she needed to open her heart, and speak truly in return. To reveal something that might just end their friendship, and leave the two of them with nothing bitterness between one another.

"I've already been tempted", came Jenn's trembling voice, clearly on the verge of tears. "I was so... tired. I am still tired. I was happy before all of this, you know? My life was going somewhere pleasant, somewhere I cared to go!"

Her voice finally cracked, a sob escaping her as she kept her back turned to Valery, her face pushed against the scales of her tail, embracing the sleek, yet powerful limb. It was... perhaps a little odd, to realize that she breathed through her gills rather than her nose, or mouth: the gills at the side of her neck, normally so imperceptible, became far more noticeable as her breathing became so very uneven, her control over her own emotions finally lost. Before a woman who would, in different circumstances, be running her through on the battlefield. "I was... so angry. Alone. All I could think about was fighting, becoming a weapon. And... there was this woman, trying to start anew, turn away from her old ways, make an effort to be - to be better. She spared me, even though I was here to kill her, and we... became friends. I liked her. I still like her. I mourned her when she died. And when I heard my friend had been sighted, I just... went. Dropped everything, and I went to Dromund Kaas."

There was no coming back, and she knew it. No matter how much she hoped to see her truth rewarded, she knew that some things could not be forgiven so easily, honest or not: the Jedi were the Sith's ancient enemies, and for good reason. Two sides of the same coin, as her Buir had once told her, and yet... she had seen the skeleton servants of Dromund Kaas, felt the alluring call of her own thoughts as she stepped into the Royal Estate itself. It was different: even untrained as she was, she could feel the differences between Light and Dark, peace and desire! But with how lost, angry and afraid she was... perhaps Jenn would fall, if left to her own devices.

"I was so... happy to see her again. We bantered just like we used to. But I can't turn away from what she is, from what she chose to become again. A Sith."

Slowly, she turned her head to face Valery's fiery gaze, tears streaming down her cheeks. Jenn had never looked so vulnerable, so afraid of the future. Her people asked for strength, but no matter how tough she was, she was reaching her limit. Tears for now - perhaps worse, later.

"You can't train me. This war is going to ramp up - you know it, and I know it! We'll have to fight, no matter how much I like you, how much I wish we could have- met years ago, without me having to worry about the war coming between us. I already see some of the Crusaders look at our own blessed ones with suspicion, especially after the defections to the Alliance. Valery, what do I do?"

Last edited:

Scariff
div-orange.png

"I've already been tempted"

While Jenn's voice finally broke, and her eyes betrayed her need to cry, Valery remained calm and listened intently. She didn't want whatever Jenn had to say be lost in emotion, and none of what she said seemed surprising either. The Dark Side was always going to be a source of temptation, so it was only natural for her to have already felt its pull. But the most important thing — it wasn't too late. She hadn't fallen, and deep down, she knew who she wanted to be.

She wasn't a Sith by nature, or someone capable and willing of oppressing others just to gain more power for herself. She had the heart of a Jedi, and the fighting spirit of a Mandalorian warrior.

No Sith in the Galaxy was like that.

"The Dark Side will always be tempting you to give in to your emotions. To take the easy route for selfish reasons, and to give up on who you really are for an easy way out," Valery explained calmly, before she decided to address the situation of her friend. It was a complicated one — even more complicated than what was currently happening. The Mandalorians had a particular hatred for Sith, after all.

No Sith, No Exceptions.

"It's good that you recognize her for who she is. I understand that there's a part of her that you've grown fond of, but it's very important that you don't neglect what she's truly like. If she chose to be a Sith, she's choosing to bend others to her will for her own benefit. Don't let her tempt you into thinking it's less terrible than it really is." That was Valery's first true warning, even though she had already mentioned temptations.

If she started believing that the actions of Sith were justified, that would be far worse.

"I might not be able to train you, and I... understand that we'll be on opposite sides..." She frowned at the thought, but kept her appearance strong for Jenn. "But I want you to seek out your own training. Do research, find people who understand your connection, and don't give up. I can give you some basics to work with, but it's very important."

"Jenn, do not fall."

enclavediv3.png

Objective: Chat up her friend. Learn the truth.

Jenn was, if nothing else, enough of a strategist to recognize the importance of culture when it came to reading up on the opposition. Largely ignorant as she was of the many intricacies behind some of their beliefs and practices, she had taken the time to try and understand why the Jedi were the way they were... and so, she had heard of their code. If anything, it struck her as a way for them to create people not unlike those among her people who chose to be calm and composed, to approach the teachings of the Resol'nare through the lens of control. But... she had never been much of a cool-headed commander, a tactician capable of disregarding her emotions. No, the Kayatr'ade was guided, above all, by her bonds. Comradery, friendship, love... they held great importance for her.

Enough for her to still regard the woman in question as her friend first, and Sith second, all too aware of how she would be branded an outcast, a traitor, a Dar'manda if word ever got out of such behavior. If anyone ever learned that she had not been captured, nor did she infiltrate Dromund Kaas, but had been invited to its royal estate by the Sangnir controlling that very world. A Mandalorian, sitting as a guest within the abode of a Sith. A woman who traded jokes with her, extended her protection unto her and sought to learn about her new nature and help her control it... in spite of it all, she knew the both of them still cared for one another. When her gracious host had learned of her forceful transformation, she had been quick to offer her old friend to track down and kill the one who had done such a thing to her. Murdering another Sith for the sake of a lone warrior issued from a people she loathed had filled her heart with a mad, desperate hope that the woman she had come to regard so dearly still existed, behind the naked lust for power.

Perhaps that was why Valery's words chilled her to the core. They were two people she regarded as friends, whose impact on her life had been undeniably positive - and who would immediately engage in combat if they were to ever meet. Alina had given her the wisdom to seek something beyond The Way of the Mandalore, encouraged her to be more Jenn than Kryze, and she owed her a debt for helping her set her life on such a brighter path. But Valery... was giving her hope. Hope that a better future was possible among the stars, that peace and justice would triumph through the actions of those kind souls holding on to their values in times of strife. The Jedi's words had ignited something within her during their prior meeting, giving her the courage to believe she could change things, not matter how humble her rank and prestige about the Enclave may be compared to her best friend's own standing in the New Jedi Order.

Still, she sniffled, and gave but a little nod in response to acknowledge her point. Alina had been... was still her friend. And, somewhere inside her, the Mandalorian found that she was just as upset at the thought of facing her in battle as she was Valery - she had spoken of marriage with Quinn, a future together, and the notion of snuffing out the brilliant flame of love made her sick to her stomach. Just as the thought of leaving Kahlil Noble and his children in a world without spouse and mother had sent her into a fit of conniptions during one of her earlier meditations. But... the Jedi was right, and that simple truth yanked on her heartstrings. Alina had tried to change, back when the two of them first met. To leave the Sith behind and become a better person. But, unlike Jenn, she had failed, and embraced what she truly was in the wake of her resurrection. If there even was much of a choice in those fractured memories of hers.

"I don't want to fight you!" came the young woman's instinctual response to Valery's words. Where the Grandmaster kept herself strong for her friend, the Smith had no strength left to give, the prospect of finding herself alone again visibly terrifying to the kind-hearted siren. For all of her ignorance to her own nature, she knew what the Sith fed upon. Fear. Anger. Doubt. Emotions clouding her mind all too often these days. Seeking out training on her own left her scared, a thought she soon built upon, her voice so very strained as she spoke, and filled with distress. "I would - I'd rather - had we lived in better times, I would've asked a Jetii for help first thing's first. But we don't live in better times! We live in a season of senselessness!"

Jenn looked away from her friend's fiery gaze at that, almost afraid of how brightly it burned now.

Scariff
div-orange.png

"I don't want to fight you!"

Valery frowned but didn't say anything just yet. She could tell that Jenn had a lot on her mind, and after having opened up about meeting with Sith, she understood that Jenn was making herself vulnerable. So it was only after Jenn had clearly finished speaking, that Valery's lips parted to share some words as well. "I don't want to fight you either," Valery began, her tone soft and as comforting as she could make it.

"I don't want to fight anybody. Not you, not the others of the Enclave," she said with a deep sigh and an almost defeated look in her eyes. But even though she wished for things to be different, Valery could accept reality. She was going to do what she had to, in order to protect her family, her fellow Jedi, and the Alliance as a whole.

Jenn would have to do the same.

"I wish things were different, too, but you have to accept the harsh reality we're in at the moment. Your Force sensitivity can help you immensely, but it can be a burden too. So, no matter how difficult it is right now, you have to stay strong and deal with it." Valery managed a calm smile, and raised a hand up through her hair.

"I know you can do it, Jenn. You just have to believe in yourself."

enclavediv3.png

Objective: Such is war. One must accept it.

Oh, but how Jenn hated those words, ever prevalent in most cultures - but in hers, more so than any other.

The musts and the have tos were a constant burden, a crushing reminder of all that duty entailed. Sometimes, she truly felt powerless before the vast expanse of the galaxy, the sheer amount of people populating the stars, reminded of just how insignificant she was. Nothing more than a humble Kayatr'ade, a smith among many, a small candle whose flame would, in the end, change nothing. Perhaps this was why the Sith sought power... oh, yes. She understood, now. It was a sign of strength, to cry out against fate, to refuse to nod one's head and accept the bleak reality put before them.

Or perhaps she was only making a fool of herself once again, just as she had when she refused to acknowledge her friend's return to the Sith, and the inevitable fight to the death the two would one day engage in if she chose to refuse her offer to join her among the Sith. The wisdom she had obtained through the years, it seemed, was now being challenged in the crucible of war - made to accept that her sword-arm would be raised against those she held dear in the name of her family. And Jenn... refused to accept the sad reality of it all, stubbornly so. Those bonds she had forged meant the galaxy to her - she had defied the rules of her people, spoken and unspoken, to maintain them in the past.

And now, here she was. Just as powerless as she had been as a child, when she stared down the barrel of a blaster.

"I'm tired of having to be strong all the time. And never for my own sake."

There was... the slightest touch of anger in her voice. Some of it directed at Valery, frustrated as she was with being told that she had no choice but to grit her teeth and carry on. But that was only the tip of the iceberg, with most of her pent-up resentment and spite directed at the galaxy itself. Seeing such a kind and honest soul twisted by helpless wrath would doubtlessly feel wrong. This was not who the Ersansyr wanted to be, not when her friend was making such an earnest effort to show confidence in her, coming all this way to tell her something she ought to know, adversary or otherwise. And that realization allowed her a measure of control once more, the tide receding - and her anger with it.

"... Thank you. I'm- not being fair to you right now, I'm sorry. You didn't have to come all this way, but you did, and I wish I could repay you that kindness."

Jenn stopped avoiding her gaze, her expression apologetic and her tone a little quieter. Perhaps even a touch ashamed. Wiping her tears with the back of her hand, she held Valery's fiery gaze, clearly afraid she might find scorn, disapproval, disgust.

The Ersansyr had few friends, but each one meant far more to her than she cared to admit.

Scariff
div-orange.png

At first, Valery felt and noticed the flash of anger in Jenn's eyes. The comment that sparked as a result wasn't one she liked because of it, but Valery knew better than to immediately snap back. This was a lot to digest at once, so the more emotional response made sense. It was just important for her not to get caught up in it, and luckily, that didn't seem to be the case. As quickly as the comment came, she also apologized again.

"This is very much for your own sake too, Jenn. Being corrupted is more than causing harm to others — you also lose yourself. You'll rationalize and do things that seem completely impossible to you now, and it will break you. That's why I'm urging you to be strong and get through this."

As for not being fair, Valery quickly forgave her with a smile.

"I don't want you to ever feel like you need to repay me for anything. But if you really want to make me feel good, make sure you get this thing under control and stay true to yourself. The Mandalorians could use good, kind people like you."

"Now, more than ever."

enclavediv3.png

Objective: Such is war. One must accept it.

There was a moment of... confusion from Jenn. As if the Mandalorian was incapable of understanding why Valery would show such patience with her, why she kept on smiling and reassuring her. Unable to grasp why was being shown such kindness. Her own reaction had been one of anger, lashing out against her friend! Why did Valery care?

Whatever her friend's reasons may be, she chose to repay her as best she could: by listening to her words intently, drinking in her every word with rapt interest, that she may be better guarded against the predations of the Dark. Jenn was perhaps fortunate to be Ersansyr rather than any other kind of Sithspawn: whoever had first made her species come into existence had been something of an eccentric among the Sith, surely, for she and her sisters felt no particular pull towards the Dark Side, as many other Sithspawn did. Even so, the Kayatr'ade remained keenly aware of how easily she might be judged for her nature, what she had been made to become... and eventually grown so very fond of. As a friend had told her, there was no shame in making the condition imposed unto her her own.

"You are a good friend to me", came the siren's voice, no longer strained, yet still charged with emotion. Whether she felt joy or heartbreak was difficult for her to ascertain - but she felt her heartstrings being plucked, if carefully so this time. Just as when they had met, she truly did find a certain beauty in her eyes, as if the fire burning within them promised truth. A promise kept between the two. "The best. If there's anything I want you to think of me by the time all of this... runs its course, I want it to be that. Not how it ended. Only that- you've shown me more than just respect for who I am and for my people, and more than just honor in your words. And for that, you are more than merely a respected adversary, nor a voice of reason. You are my friend."

Jenn immersed herself in the sounds surrounding them, the beauty of a world that seemed to adore her just as she adored it. The sea air against her face, saltwater against her scales, the sense of belonging she felt here, the waves lapping against the shore rhythmically, ebbing and flowing. Slowly, a sense of calm returned to her - lesser than the blissful sense of peace and tranquility she could experience before, but nonetheless pleasant. "I will try to speak to my people. Whether they will listen or not... I cannot say."

Last edited:

Scariff
div-orange.png

"You're a good friend of mine, too," Valery said with a warm smile. The emotions and outburst hardly bothered Valery because she understood why it all happened. It wasn't targeted at her for who she was, but just an outlet of how she felt about the news and its implications. This was no easy discovery, not in a time of war when it was much harder to find help. But it was reality, and Valery would be doing her a disservice as a friend by not being very clear and direct.

Jenn had to know just how careful she had to be. Times of conflict especially caused many to fall.

"I don't want you to worry about how I'll remember you, Jenn. This war is going to bring us all to some of our lowest moments, and I choose not to embrace those memories. This is what I'll remember more than anything." and hopefully, by the end of it all, they didn't have to just remember each other.

She wanted to see her friends again.

"It might take time before our people are ready to talk about peace, but we must keep trying, hm?" She smiled and let out a soft breath.

"I'm going to head back home, to my family. But... I have a feeling we'll see each other again soon. Stay safe, alright?"

enclavediv3.png

Objective: And acceptance brings peace.

Why this Jetii kept on showing her so much patience remained a difficult thing for Jenn to grasp. There was ever the shadow of doubt lingering after every assurance, the Ersansyr's insecurities leaving her worried that she was making a fool of herself again. She was ever-honest, and spoke truly - among her kind, that must have made her a failure. Unlike them, she was not so easily capable of divining someone's true intent behind carefully crafted lies, or putting a silver tongue to use in order to convince others to do her bidding without having them realize it. They were social butterflies, and she was hopelessly blunt.

But... perhaps the why did not truly matter. Valery's words spoke of hope, her rejection of Jenn's (very Mandalorian, truth be told) desire to be remembered as something more than a warrior opposing her leaving the Kayatr'ade... a little stunned. It was difficult for her to accept, as with most cultural and personal differences between them. But what she could accept was how earnest her friend seemed. Answering the Grandmaster's smile with one of her own, no matter how slight it might seem following her earlier sobbing, the Ersansyr flipped her fin against the shore with a splash, seemingly comforted by her friend's mention of peace.

Slowly, Jenn moved a hand to rest over her heart, maintaining eye contact all the while, before slowly extending it outwards - towards her friend. It was only once the gesture was accepted, or merely acknowledged, that she would finally break eye contact and start dragging herself back towards the water, and not without some effort. And when she finally reached deep enough into the water to be able to move freely with her tail, a sigh of contentment escaped her, and she flicked her gaze back to the Jedi.

"I'll... try. You stay safe too - you've got a family. That's more important than going chasing after lost Mando'ade across the stars. How'd you even... find me, anyhow?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom