Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A place I belong

Hospitals, she was really really starting to hate hospitals, there was a sterile, unnatural, smell that seemed to hang in the air. Asaraa could understand, mentally at least, the need to keep a hospital sterile and free of germs and other vectors for infection. Still, would it have hurt them to choose a different smell, even something like a few flowers and a splash of colour, it would have brought the place to life, provided a comfort that would couldn't hope to beat.

Still, the Padawan worked her shoulder around, wincing slightly as her shoulder twinged, she knew the force could speed up her healing, could take away the pain but still she could do without the dull ache of the doctors drawing blood. What ailed her wasn't anything physical, although it would be nice to know more about this body, it was something more mental but still...it was kinda nice that everyone was so concerned about her. Rubbing idly at her shoulder the young woman hopped off the bed gesturing to her jacket that lay sprawled on a nearby chair, fingers closing around the fabric as she tossed it over her shoulder, nodding at the nurse on the way out.

Well done now so she might as well go see if she could scare up some trouble or maybe chase down someone to spar with...The Padawan ground to a halt, stepping slowly backwards a few paces. Waaait, was that...it couldn't be...it was. A small gesture swung a half opened door open as she settled in the doorway, a mischevious smile tugging up the corner of her lips as a playful greeting slipped from her mouth. "Hi, are you lost? I didn't think I'd be seeing you here for a while." [member="Jairdain"] Ismet in the flesh, and her in new flesh, oh she could have some fun before the woman realised who she was.

It had been around a week since Jairdain had been brought to Silver's Rest and healed by Jessica. Not only healed, but essentially cleansed and had a transfusion of nearly half of her blood. This was to get the sith poison out of her system. By the orders of Jess, she was under observation to make sure she was recovering properly and didn't have too many side effects of that poison. Natural anger at something instead of brought on by that poison.

Luckily Jairdain had been picked up quickly enough that most of the side effects had faded and her recovery was almost complete. As she regained her physical strength, she was allowed to wander through the medical area. It was very much like it had been when she was picked up on Ossus a year ago. This time though, she wasn't a broken sith. Her mental faculties were perfectly fine and she was sure of her path.

Having that little bit of freedom, she walked down one of the hallways. A door opened behind her, but she continued on for a few paces before an unfamiliar voice spoke to her. The feeling from the person was that of Asaraa though. Turning around, Jairdain looked in her direction, the familiar unfocused gaze saw through the Force to the person behind the physical.

Giving the padawan a genuine smile, she quickly closed the distance between them and would give her friend a hug if she allowed it.

"What happened to you? No, I'm not lost, but I am out of a job for now."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

For a moment, a brief second Asaraa seemed to seize up, surprise flowing through her body before she seemed to relax into the grasp, her own hands coming up to wrap around Jairdain's back briefly as the tension seemed to flow out of her. "Well...I did get a new haircut." A smile tugged up the corner of the Padawan's lips for a moment at the ridiculousness of the statement. "You know most people don't manage to recognise me right away," she admitted ruefully, "I really shoulda known better though huh?"

Letting go of Jairdain the young woman stepped back slightly looking the older woman up and down. "What're you doing down here? I mean not that the healers aren't nice," she admitted hurriedly as she glanced around suspiciously, you never knew when a healer might be eavesdropping and it always paid to have them on your side rather than against you if you ended up at their tender mercies. "But it's...not normally the greatest place to hang out." She sighed, "The story of what happened is a long and torturous tale, are you sure you wouldn't like to talk about something more interesting? Like paint drying? Or why you're sneaking around the infirmary? Are you looking to play a prank on the Grand Master, can I join in?"

[member="Jairdain"]

For the slightest of moments, Asaraa tensed up and soon relaxed into the friendly embrace offered by Jairdain. Returning that embrace, she felt the tickle of hair on her nose and got her own surprise. Pulling back slightly, Jairdain would look closer at Asaraa through the Force. She listened to what was said and let out a small little breath of air through her nose. Not quite laughter, but there was clear humor on her face.

"Remember I see the people beyond what you could before I taught you. How is that practice going anyway? Everybody is equal and you have hair how. You really did change. I'm sure it is quite an interesting story, Asaraa and I do want to hear it. That can be explained in a different setting though."

Taking a firm hold of Asaraa's hand, she would continue her walk if allowed to.

"What I'm doing here is recovering from having almost half my bllod replaced by sith poison and removed by Jessica. After that I got a healthy dose of Force Light or maybe it was the other way around. I'm not exactly sure."

Letting out a sigh, it left out the details of how it all came about.

"Hey I'm not sneaking around. What kind of prank do you have in mind?"

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

The Padawan arched an eyebrow at Jairdain, a question dancing behind her eyes as she cocked her head to one side. She could sense the...it wasn't quite a deception rolling off Jairdain. "You know that's not fair, teasing me with only half the story," Asaraa fell silent for a moment as her hand rose, brushing against he pink hair that fell down by the side of her face, twirling the strands of hair between her fingers. "Well...I guess that's pretty fair to be honest, I didn't really say anything so I can't expect the same in return..." A wry smile tugged up the corner of her lips, "Quite the pair we make huh?"

Despite, or maybe because of, her words there was no resistance in the young woman as she let [member="Jairdain"] tug her along in her wake. "Wait...you were on Commenor...why...how'd you get poisoned by the Sith...it was a Sith wasn't it? Not someone who managed to get their hands on one of their poisons right?" Asaraa caught herself, shaking her head as a laugh escaped her lips, "Ok...when we get out of here you have to tell me that story. I guess we can trade them." It was probably time she talked to someone about it after all.

"Umm right, the Grandmaster...you know" a mischevious glint entered her eyes, "I hear she keeps a secret stash of cookies down here...just the thing to share a story over don't you think?"

They had each only shared part of their respective stories, but both would eventually have the whole from the other. Just not in the middle of a hallway in the medical ward of the Jedi temple.

Have you learned yet to speak mentally?​

It was a simple message to Asaraa, with them touching unless she had no mental ability at all, the message would get through to her.

"Quite a pair that tells only parts of a story that lead to more questions. It would be much easier to just sit down and talk, wouldn't it? Until such a place can be found...cookies or no, the mystery will remain."

Having a little laugh, Jairdain highly doubted there were any secret cookies kept here.

"I do imagine any cookies could be found in the cafeteria though. Want to go find out?"

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

The Padawan blinked in confusion, her aqua eyes flicking up to rest on Jairdain's face, head tilted to the side curiously. "Umm, you can take that as a no...how'd you do that? Can you show me?" She glanced around before sighing, the older woman was probably right, it wasn't like there were any chances of them actually finding treats down here. Still, it wouldn't do to let go that easily.

The pink-haired young woman made a show of it, her face playfully contorting into a pout as she allowed [member="Jairdain"] to pull her out and away from the infirmary.

"That can't be true, I'm sure the most secret stash of cookies ever was hidden down there," she complained without any malice as the sterile white walls of the infirmary fell away behind them. "Everyone knows the bosses always save the best for themselves right? I mean why else be a boss." A silvery laugh filled the space around them as Asaraa gestured wit ha free hand, "Ah well, lead on then, I'm sure we can find something to snack on as we talk."

Finding it quite surprising Asaraa did not know the simple task of speaking telepathically, she nodded in answer before speaking. She heard a sigh of resignation from the padawan and she allowed Jairdain to lead her out of the infirmary. Nobody tried to stop them so maybe she was close enough to being healed that they decided to just let her go.

Holding back a giggle, if Asaraa had improved on being empathic at all, she would feel the amusement coming from her. Also a sense of disbelief at the playful stubbornness she had on her quest to find these cookies.

"There might be, but probably only for the little children to make them feel better. Not for the stealing by people old enough to know better. You know someday, you might be a boss and can have these secret cookies yourself."

When Asaraa laughed, Jairdain joined in with her. For the first time since coming here, she felt happy and herself. Whatever Jessica had done had cured her and that unnatural anger was gone.

"You're the one that lives here and knows her way around. Perhaps you should be the one leading me to the cafeteria."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

"Ahh but you see," Asaraa flashed a triumphant grin at [member="Jairdain"], amusement rolling off her in waves, "That's where your entire argument falls down. You assume that I'm old enough to know better, when it comes to sweet treats there is no such thing as too old." Asaraa flashed a bright grin backwards at her friend, "I thought everyone knew that. It's like acting your shoe size, not your age...although Shoe's suck, they really suck so badly."

"You know, you had better believe that when I'm the boss there's be secret treats hidden away, how else am I gonna reward people who do a good job, or you know stress relief." She was guilty of that, had always been guilty of that but those little pastries just tasted so good. Besides she was allowed a little treat now and then, there was a rule written somewhere, and if there wasn't she'd write it. "Well yeah...but the cook scares me and I thought maybe you could spot the treats that I didn't see," she allowed with a laugh, "there is a great little place just outside the temple though, nice little cafe on the beach."

With what was a real laugh, Jairdain squeezed Asaraa's hand and allowed the girl to lead on.

"I never said one was too old for sweets, but the stealing of them. As for shoes, well, they are good and bad. In harsh climates, they do offer needed protection. Places like the temple on Voss though one can run around barefoot. Which reminds me...any idea where my clothes are? This, just isn't fitting."

Motioning to her hospital gown, she wondered where her clothes were. If they had been disposed of, then all she had was the gown she wore. Walking about the new temple in that was not at all appealing.

"Just curious how I would be spot something you could see. It's not like I can really tell the difference between a cookie stack and a hamburger."

When Asa said the cook scared her, she just shook her head with a smile. The mention of a place outside the temple though caught her interest though.

"After a change of clothes, I want to get out."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

"Prison break!" Asaraa grinned brightly at [member="Jairdain"], letting her aqua eyes travel up and down the woman's frame pensively. "Hmm, you're a little taller than I am so my stuff might be a little short on you but there's not all that much difference so something should work for you..." a mischevious light entered the young woman's eyes as she twisted around to stare at Jairdain. "You know I'm pretty sure most people who see you wouldn't mind too much seeing you in one of these hospital gowns, not many people could pull it off but you do."

"You know, you're really not all that much taller than me, I bet one of my old robes would fit you perfectly and," Asaraa lifted one foot of the ground, kicking it as she did to spin her around in a pirouette, "I mean we're in the middle of a Jedi Temple, the healers would never guess where you are if you fit in with the crowd, and I'm not gonna be needing them again." The girl grabbed Jairdain's hand eagerly, "You're gonna love this place though, they have the best pastries and well...you get to buy."

Giggling when Asaraa mentioned this being more like a prison break than her walking out of the infirmary, she listened to what she said about the clothing. When she mentioned people wouldn't mind seeing her in a hospital gown, Jairdain likely turned a nice shade of pink with a blush. Even if it was meant as compliment, it surprised her and made her feel good in hearing it though.

"I wonder if the servers there are immune to mind tricks or something? Because well", motioning to the gown she was in. "I am rather short on change."

Allowing her friend and sometimes student to take her hand and guide her where they were going, Jairdain felt happy to be among the Silver's again.

"Maybe they will allow me to work off the debt or put it on a tab or something."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

The idea of [member="Jairdain"] working away in a kitchen scrubbing dishes was enough to let a silvery peal of laughter slip from Asaraa's lips. The picture was just so at odds with the elegant sophisticated demeanour the woman normally had. for a moment, a brief, fleeting she considered putting the woman in that situation so the image could come true. Only that was a little mean and not very Jedi-like...was it?

"I mean, you could probably get away with mind tricking them, but then I have the feeling the rest of the order would end up finding wookie hair in their food from now one when they figured out what you did." There was a playful smile dancing over the girl's lips as she let that thought sit for a moment before shaking her head. "They normally let people set up tabs, or this time it's my treat, I should still have some salary left over for a snack or two. I totally didn't spend it all on sweets and treats." Though clothes and custom designed gear was a little xpensive.

"Are they really all covered in fur? What does a wookie feel like?"

For a few moment, Jairdain came across like a child. This was really her first time here for an extended stay. Her other visit had been just that, for an evening party and then she had to return to Commenor and her duty to the prince there.

"Deal, you treat this time and once I figure out what I'm going to do, I'll treat. By then I'll have some money I'm sure. Either from Lady Kay or the Jedi. C'mon...I want out of this gown!"

She didn't think Asaraa spent her money on sweets, but where it went, Jairdain would have no clue.

"I wonder if Bradshaw is fine? We went away for training together and well, I'm not a fighter, so sent him for further training I couldn't give him."

It might also imply she ​had additional feelings for him that went outside of being his advisor.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Asaraa grinned at [member="Jairdain"], the young woman's head bobbed up and down, "They really are. Though they don't really like it if you keep poking them it's just so warm and snuggly! Though they do have a tendency to threaten to rip your arms off."

The padawan skipped on a few steps before turning to look back at Jair, "So...clothes first or food first?" She let the silence drag for a moment before winking at her friend, "Hey, you might end up wanting to work on your tan. Being stuck in the embassy all day can't be good for you can it?"

That comment about the crown prince though..."You mean he doesn't keep in touch to let you know he's alive? I mean," there had been a note of worry in Jairdain's voice that probably didn't appreciate the teasing, "I mean I'm sure he's ok. He seems like a tough guy and I bet he can handle anything they throw at him."

Though Jairdain could not see the bobs of Asaraa, the emotions that went with the grin were infectious and she grinned along with her friend. At the threat of having her arms ripped off, she would rub at her shoulders trying to imagine something strong enough that could do that.

"I want to meet one. Clothes first! My tan?"

Asaraa might have a point, but she had just finished spending time on Iridonia and Voss with Brad in her training of him. Not at all having been stuck inside, she shook her head.

"Do I look ill? Ah, I'm not always in that embassy on Commenor. In fact, that was only like the third time I was there. Once when I was your age, then soon after I was hired on to advise Bradshaw and lastly our meeting. However, that doesn't mean I have totally free run of things. Advising can take place at almost any time. One of the reasons I had a room in the Palace there."

It was said in past tense, since they had been away from the Palace, Jairdain wasn't sure if that room would still be there for her or if it would be needed when they returned. Asaraa said Brad seemed like tough guy that could take care of himself and questioned if they were keeping in touch.

Shaking her head in answer before speaking, Jairdain had to give a full answer some thought.

"I took him to Iridonia and there he learned about some physical things. Changes started happening in both of us. After that, we went to Voss, but the whole mental side of the Force wasn't meant for him. Going through various contacts I made, we agreed he needed some space of his own and that is where we're at now. Contact with him is rare, but I'm sure I would know if he was dead."

One of the nurses saw the gown wandering away and tried to stop them, but Jairdain just kept going. When she spoke again, her voice was back to having humor and a smile involved.

"I'm not going to stay hidden long dressed like this."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

The pink-haired padawan twisted around, a smile plastered over her face as her aura tinged with amusement. “Well if people are gonna keep trying to stop us, if they’re going to keep looking then maybe we need to get you dressed.”

The young woman glanced around the passage before nodding in a direction, leading [member="Jairdain"] towards the nearest stairs. “You know, I’ve never understood those hospital gowns. I mean they’re so uncomfortable, if they’re going to give you something to wear it might as well be comfortable.” As she spoke Asaraa reached out with a tendril of the force, lashing out at the door control, the portal sliding open before them. “Well everyone has their strengths and weaknesses,” she admitted as she floated over a jedi robe to Jairdain. “I mean, I don’t know if I could do what you do, the ability to see the world and the subtle influences, I guess that’s why you got paired up as his advisor. Cover one another’s strengths and weaknesses right?” She dropped down into a chair, spinning around to face the woman, “That robe should fit you…but I’m not sure how effective we’re gonna be at hiding away and blending in.”

Nobody else tried to stop them again, maybe they just decided to let Jairdain go as it was pretty clear she had recovered over the course of the week. She was also leaving with somebody and not just going off on her own, so they gave up on trying to hold her any longer.

Following the lead of Asaraa to the stairs and after that into what was maybe the quarters of her friend. A robe was given to her and she smiled in thanks as it thumped against her chest. Taking a hold of it, she quickly took off the hospital gown and let it drop to the floor.

"True, but then people might want to stay longer."

Putting the new clothes ​on, it was a little short, but not much. Similar to what she had worn when she was Asaraa's age, it felt odd to be robes again. She let out a sigh though as the missing warmth started to come back to her limbs.

"Yes, each person has strengths and weaknesses. And some of my weaknesses are very glaring."

Pointing to her eyes, she meant her blindness. While some might think her vision was better than that of a normal person, it had been pointed out to her there were times when feelings were meant to be kept close. Those she could see easily and pick up on.

"Why wouldn't we be able to hide and blend in easily? Hiding isn't an issue really. I mean like I was trained to be an assassin at one point, remember that story?"

Being able to disappear from visual sight might come in handy if they needed to sneak around.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Hmm, how to put this properly…the girl paused, one finger inching it’s way up to curl itself through her hair, tugging the strands down and out away from her head, glancing down at the pink strands wrapped around her fingers. “Well, it’s not so much you,” she admitted finally, “But walking around with a girl with pink hair might make you stand out just a little.” The girl’s aura glowed with amusement as she twisted to grin at [member="Jairdain"].

Asaraa let her eyes flick up and down the older woman’s body as she nodded, “Looking good there, shall we?” She held out a hand to Jairdain as she shrugged, “Everyone has that one or two weaknesses, it’s all about how you manage them and shore them up. Some people train, other’s gather friends and family around them to cover up their flaws. Or you know, friends and family to bring more attention to you while you’re trying to hide away.”

A few times in her life Jairdain had been granted real vision. Either through her own eyes or the vision of others. Each time had been something wonderful for her and she had never forgotten.

"How has your training been going?"

Off and on she had helped train Asaraa in learning a few things, but her life on Commenor prevented her from being a full time master for the girl. Listening to the reasoning of why it would be difficult to sneak around, Jairdain thought of something.

"Did you ever consider trying to learn how to sneak around? For the Jedi it would be something similar to that of a shadow, I think. As for friends and family, one can never have too many of either. My gods know I miss my real family, so I made new of my own. Never really had friends until my people were gone. Now I have you and Master Jessica. She's the one that got me to the hospital and helped heal me."

Taking a hold of the hand Asaraa offered, she gave her a squeeze.

"Let's go get something."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom