Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A pinch of this, a pinch of that...

The Homestead might as well have been hub, transit center for those that wandered. Between those with whom Gabe bartered, those that were allied with the alliance, and those that simply found their way in through whatever door might be open - the Homestead was a place booming and bustling with life. New children, children growing up, and people finding life amid all the chaos of the universe. What had originally been purchased as refuge for his children and their adoptive mother soon became sanctuary for all those that would seek it. The Circle of Healers, the grove of the Ankarres, and the Sulon Law Enforcement Expeditionary Group - lightside and good intentions ran deep through the roots of the foundation. And deep beneath the foundation, beneath the original brick and mortar of the homestead, the Marshal moved quietly like a mad scientist burdened with unruly focus.

The desire for Ankarres Honey was increasing with every day. The inherent properties, to heal and to be imbued, were strongly sought after. But more than anything, Gabe desired to build. Even with honey produced from the comb, a hive could be used for so much more. Holonet articles and written parchment spoke of propolis, royal jelly, nectar and pollen, and mead. That final bit, he had already dealt greatly in the creation. The Ankarres mead, in limited batch, sat bubbling loudly in a carboy of glass and vents of plastic - to age, as it were. But one carboy wouldn't be enough, not for his intentions. What intentions those were, he wasn't sure. But so long as the Ankarres grew healthy and happily, the bees would respond in kind. And to prevent the swarm, he would harvest as needed.

He lifted the kettle on to the burner, filled with a hefty supply of water from the tap tree. Pure, as clean as he had ever tasted, the first batch showed promise from such formidable base. Waiting for it to boil, he began gathering supplies all in a row upon metal counter. Honey, pressed fresh from the comb and strained through plastic sieves - enough for nearly ten batches. He had read, somewhere, that metal might taint the flavor. Purity and sanitation were always important. Maintaining a level of cleanliness was paramount in the production and while mead was far easier to sterilize compared to beer, infection was still possible. As is, yeast was an ever illusive culprit for such unkempt growth.

Lifting one of the hefty jugs onto the counter, the wood beneath moaned in response as he heard a door swing open. Looking up, it gave off sounds like the main entrance. He assumed it was Dick but realized the absence of sneaker squeaks would prove otherwise. "Alright, cheese cloth..." He grabbed the squares of linen and laid them out, preparing the herbs and tree tips for submersion and boil. Hopping was unnecessary for mead and there was a vast portion of the consumers that preferred the alcohol without the bitter. But for the naturalist within him, the taste of evergreen would always be welcomed. Additionally, he suspected the presence of acid within the mead added additional depth. Often overlooked by all but the snobbiest of drinkers.

Tying the twine of the pouches, he set them aside and let out a huff. The apron tied around his bodyportrayed him as the patient chef, marred in pictures of trees and landscapes. But right now, he didn't feel it. Watching water boil could easily have been the most tiresome component of this process. Just as a bubble popped from the still surface of the water, he heard step against the stairs. Ava must have let a guest in, he thought, as he yelled up. "Come on down...could use a hand."

Who was it? Didn't matter. They were about to be his sous chef.

[member="Micah Talith"]

[member="Gabriel Sionoma"]

Truth be told, Micah was a little bit hesitant to enter the homestead. The last time, well, didn't go quite as planned.

B-UUUT, not like a fresh kill of wild game didn't make an excellent house warming present right??! So that hesitancy went out the proverbial window as soon as Micah arrived.

The place had expanded a bit since the last time he was here, and Micah couldn't help the little half trot of sightseeing he took. By all accounts, he had the look of some vagabond wanderer, sauntering around with a large satchel over his back.. Complete with the shaggy mop of dark hair, a dark line of scruff over his jaw, and perhaps a small need of a refresher.

The Talith's cloak brushed along his dusty boots. Over his shoulder, he carried the remains of a small buck. It was cleaned, and he'd butchered it himself earlier -- he wasn't quite sure if Avalore would beat him or not out of her home for bringing a buck without it being dressed-- that would have been awkward.

Peeking inside, he cautiously entered the homestead. No one yet. Huh... where was everyone?

Expecting Avalore to come out with a wooden spoon, Micah opened his mouth to call out and say, "Hellooo!"

At least, until another voice broke through the din and interrupted the man. A bit distant, but Micah swiveled his head around towards its origin.

Oh feth!

His copper eyes went wide. There was a mild moment of panic. Mainly, because he had meat in a satchel and he couldn't quite just leave it out.

"Ahh..." he called out, clearing his throat, "Not that I mind, but got a package to deliver first!" maybe whoever it was would tell him where to put it away.

After all, he couldn't just leave his meat out just anywhere!

He couldn't quite make out the origin of the voice. It didn't seem entirely familiar to him, which wasn't a big surprise.

"A what?" He scurried over to the stove top. Putting another pot of water on to boil, he scratched his forehead. This one would be for helping to loosen up the honey from its container.

Then he heard it. Over the water boiling and bubbling and the shuffling. Through the thick walls and the foundation of the building. The harbinger of irritation.

Squeak-squeak. Squeak-squeak. Squeak-squeak.

iLVXJLp.jpg

"Oh, my dear, you look all out of sorts. I do say, I hope you don't go out in public looking like that." The mechanical gears and cogs sung as he moved forward, sneakers squeaking with every monstrous step towards Micah. He moved through the kitchen and front area, approaching the beggar man with a sense of condescension ever apparent. Leaning forward, the droid reeled back in shock. "Good heavens, is that a bag of trash you're carrying? Please sir, take it outside before the smell sets in." To the right of the droid, the door to the workshop below. A heavy door, wooden and thick, would lead to a set of duracrete stairs into a realm of brick and stone and alchemy. "Are you here for food? I do say, we don't have much, but you can take what you need before you go on your way."

Gabe couldn't help but smile as he watched the temperature on the kettle. Not often someone got as much sass from the droid as he did. Sighing, he spoke up to avoid the droid pretending he couldn't hear him. "Dick...help our guest to whatever he needs."

"A friend of his?" Dick curled his hand into a fist, pointing a thumb towards the door. Flickering of his eye lights increased as he paused. "I dare say, it is all coming together now." Strutting forward, he held his hands outs. "I'll take the trash off your hands, sir."

[member="Micah Talith"]

Micah at first was bemused.

Then he chuckled.

Then his face twisted into an expression of alarm.

"Ah.. wait.. what?" He held his hand up as if that would halt the protocol droid's insistence at taking his satchel.

"This isn't trash!" he said with mild alarm, "Hey... hey! Let go!" the most comical display ensued between Micah and Dick then, with the batting of the droid's hands by Micah's own.

It was like playing keep away with a very persistent droid.

"This is venison!-- hey quit that!" he jabbed a finger at Dick, only to in turn try again to smack his hand away. He held that satchel close to his chest as if it were a life day present he was protecting from the inquisitive fingers of his youngest sister.

MINE!

"Oh..." The droid took a step back. "My..." He took another. "Heavens!" He lifted his metal fingers to the grate that indicated a mouth, blinking with every syllable. "That is the smell. You killed someone! You killed our neighbor, Baron Venison!" He turned as awkwardly as a protocol droid could, one step at a time.

"I have so much to live for. Take him first." Dick opened the wooden door, indicating towards the general direction of where Gabe was currently working. And standing there, at the threshold, the Marshall was busy rubbing his brow, letting out numerous sighs. "Good, sir. You're here. Apprehend this man for murder."

"Count with me, Dick..." Gabe stepped past the door and turned to face the droid.
"Yes sir, of course."

Gabe lifted his finger, the protocol droid mimicked. "One. We don't have a neighbor by the name of Baron Venison. And you know that."
"Yes sir, of course I do."
"Two. You know what venison is."
"Yes sir, of course. I'm a protocol droid, after all."
"Three. Don't you have somebody else you should be bothering?"
"Well sir, you were busy." Gabe dropped his hand, the droid continued to hold up three digits before following suit. "I must say though, sir. We must practice with your hand gestures. They are shoddy at best."

"I think I may have heard the kids screaming outside..."
"Oh dear, I hope they are well. I will find the Master at once."
"You do that."

Gabe watched quietly until the droid was gone. Letting out a sigh, he patted off the canvas apron, painted in forests and mountains, and nodded towards his guest.

"Not gonna fit that in the fridge up here. Best get it in the walk-in downstairs, chill it for the time being." He swung the door open, kicking his foot on the frame. "Hurry up too. If my water boils over, I'll be none too pleased." Dealing with Dick always put him in a salty mood.

[member="Micah Talith"]

Spark Finn

Encrypt Code: 1989//
[member="Micah Talith"] [member="Gabriel Sionoma"]

#Cameotime

Bony-butt sat on one of the prep-counters. It was cleared. The place was relatively quiet and had the best wi-fi signal. #andnokids #andnodroids #andALLthesnacks

Hand slipped into a bag of BBQ chips as her speckled-gaze remained on the datapad screen perched in her lap. She brought the salty snack up to her mouth and paused. Something about [member="Darth Adekos"]...

Suddenly there was a loud commotion right in front of her. A scruffy looking #youngadult entered carrying a hunk of meat.

#gross

Arguing with Dick. Blue-eyes narrowed on Dick. The technopath was very tempted....fingered chip and mouth remained open in a freeze as Gabe came out. Trying not to snort, eyes went back to the screen through his exchange. Dick left. And the lone chip finally went in her mouth with a loud snap-crunch.

#needtofindanewnook

[member="Spark Finn"] [member="Gabriel Sionoma"]

So there Micah stood, a bit wide-eyed at the sudden inclusion of so many people. Oh hey, where did SHE come from?

He quirked a thick dark brow at her direction, but she clearly wasn't sociable at all. Thick blonde hair in a messy topknot, thick black glasses -- who wore glasses still?? -- and her nose promptly went to peer at a datascreen. Were it not for the glasses and the snack pack overload she was drowning herself in, she'd remind him of Aela.

"Uhh...." the Talith swiveled his head back up towards the direction Gabe disappeared to. Well, at least Dick wasn't trying to throw his meat away. For a second, he had panicked in the knowledge that perhaps he did kill someone's Baron Venison...

Seriously, note to self, tell [member="Kaili Talith"] about Dick.

"Right!" he added, flicking those bright orange eyes at the blonde. Tossing his shaggy mess of an excuse for hair away from his eyes, Micah spared one hand from his prize and waved it over at the young woman. However, she was super into whatever was on the screen, so Micah was just waving at the air in hello for no good reason. #Rude!

Girls.

A snort, and a shake of his head, Micah followed Gabe downstairs.

"Water boiling?" he inquired, his boots thudding as they took the steps down quickly. At the last one, they slowed, Micah giving a low whistle of appreciation. It was the sudden wall of aromas that struck him. The herby scent of botanicals, the sweetness of honey, and the cedary scent of wood.

The area was homey, warm. Micah's lips gave a curve upward, a flash of a dimple within that swarthy bristly jaw.

"Huh... nice little set up here," he complimented Gabe, still holding onto his satchel as if Dick would come out and nab it.

"Got uhh... " he began, realizing how tightly he was holding onto the would be housewarming gift. "Some venison here for everyone," Micah explained, fingers flexing around the burlap bag.

"All dressed, so no need to worry about that." he offered, his expression friendly if a bit awkward -- much like a little boy attempting to give an apple to a teacher.

Gabe let out a smile as he walked down the stairs, listening to the awkward excuse for a hello between the young man and Spark. Odd, he couldn't recall when she actually returned to the homestead. Like cigarette smoke, she came and she went.

"That's kind of you..." He said with a smile, pointing over the man's shoulder towards a metal door. "Front compartment is for refrigeration. Second door inside leads into a freezer. Should be some hooks, set it up and come on back out."

Between the bartering that Gabe did and the hunting he did on his own time, with Tyler Hitchins, they didn't want for meat or food. That being said, a kind gesture was a king gesture.

"Once you're down in there, scrub your hands really well in the sink..." He pointed to the metal basin. Then he pointed to a large kettle on the floor, filled with various tubing and water. "After that, dunk your arms in there. Elbow deep. And drip dry, don't touch anything else. Don't worry, it's just food grade sanitizer."

He smirked and turned, heading back to the row of metal pots. Lifting a single jug of honey, he didn't dump it in. He set it in one of the pots, submerging it half way deep in water, to help increase the ambient temperature within and loosen it up. Pulling the plastic tip from the thermometer, he placed it in his mouth and checked the water temp. "Sanitation is important in making mead. Honey is naturally sterile, particularly honey from the Ankarres. But it always serves us well to keep good habits."

He paused, looking over his shoulder. "Micah, right? I'm decent with faces but names, it's hit or miss." He had been to the homestead before, though never truly interacted with Gabe. He recalled the boy from a particular hunt for treasure on a planet far away. The sort of cache that would breathe life into his alchemic practices.

[member="Micah Talith"]

"I.. ahh... y'okay." Micah managed to stammer out. Well, at least he knew now where to go store his meat.

"Ahh, so what are you making?" Makai knew his way around a kitchen; he'd assisted his father upon occasion in cooking and grilling. It was his father who had taught him how to cook, while his great oma had taught him how to hunt.

He was curious at just what all this was for. His mother had a tendency to bake -- but none of this gave any indication it was for that.

The venison was quickly stored away, Micah taking the few minutes to hook the slabs of ribs, legs, and leaner cuts on hooks. Once he was done, he shut the metal door. For a moment, he felt a bit sheepish at how ragged he'd showed up at the homestead. It shone on his face, in the sheepish grin he gave Gabe there after.

"Yeah, Micah. Jacen is the one who can't stop talking about this place. " It had been the Marshal that had wandered looking for the Talith, inviting him to come to the Alliance in the first place. While he wasn't as ingrained into it as his older sister, he did what he could now and then.

Micah stopped by a chair to take off his cloak and extra gear. Freed of the weight, he began to fold back his sleeves until they were at his biceps. Stepping out to the sink, he did as he'd been instructed. He washed his hands. Drip dry then the sanitizer. A wiggle of fingers and he held them up, making sure that they stayed at about chest level.

"He here? Haven't gotten a hold of him recently."

"Who...Jacen?" Gabe shook his head shallowly, moving to the next pot. Another jug. 15 lbs total, 5 per jug in a pot, each warming slowly with the rising heat of the water. The big pot wasn't quite boiling yet, which was good. He wasn't quite ready yet. "It's been a while since he's been around, though he pops up from time to time. Home away from home...ya know?"

He adjusted the knob and with a turn, clapped his hands together. "Hands clean?" He looked down, focus and intent apparent in his steely gaze, as he watched the water drip from Micah's hands. "Looks like it. Alright." He walked over to the bucket and reached in, searching around. Sticking out his tongue, he gripped the long wooden spoon and removed it from all the other tools held within the bubbly water. Lifting it, he put it on display for Micah. "Well, we're making mead. Honey wine." He rattled the spoon in front of the boy. "Weapon of the day for you."

Handing off the spoon, he sauntered back on over to the largest kettle and looked in. "Good. It's about there." He waved his hand over for Micah to follow suit. There was a learning curve here and the explorer would need to sprint over it if he was going to keep up. Brandishing three packets from his apron, Gabe held them up for Micah to read while pointing at each. "Yeast nutrient, yeast energizer, and yeast. Now..." He pointed to the pot. "This thing has been steadily getting to the point of boiling. We'll let it boil for about ten minutes then we throw the nutrient and energizer in. Following that, you're gonna stir and I'll pour in the honey. You got all that?"

It wasn't complicated but stirring was an important job, took a bit of stamina as the honey would be thick and heavy. Last thing they needed was for the honey to burn.

[member="Micah Talith"]

"Yeah, I figured," Micah replied in response to Jacen. The man spoke highly of those who lived on the homestead. He also mentioned some times he had to play babysitter. One wondered if Jacen enjoyed having to change diapers and be around crying babies.

Amused at the thought, he came to stand by Gabriel. The mention that they were making mead greatly interested the Talith, his face brightening at the thought.

After all, who didn't enjoy a little mead now and then?

"Weapon of the day?" he took the spoon, finding humor in the situation.

"Sure you haven't spoken to my mother lately?" he managed to quip, devilry in his eyes. Let's just say that Kira Talith had a wicked aim with a wooden spoon and tiny hands that crept too close to hot cookies out of the oven.

As much as Micah enjoyed playing and joking around, one could see that he took instruction and learning seriously. He still maintained an aura of lighthearted cheer, but he was listening to what Sionoma had to say.

"Is it regular water?" those copper glowing eyes shot up to the Marshal to inquire about it. One couldn't take everything for granted here. He knew that ingredients were essential. Nothing was ever what it seemed.

"Or anything special about the rest of the ingredients?"

"Your mother..." He paused, stepping away from the pot. It was just about boiling, a few more minutes and they would be ready for the additions. "What is your last name, again?" He fought the urge to scratch his beard, lifting his hand half way before stopping. Sanitation sanitation sanitation. Oh, Talith, that's right.

"No, I don't know very many people by the last name of Talith...unless not everyone in your family carries that name openly." He was sure that the comment was a joke and as seriously as he could take it, he assessed the question and was coming up with nilch. So pressing along, he went over the ingredients like a grocery list.

"Well, the water was taken from the Tap Tree on the back lot. It's the primary means of water on Sulon but it's purer than most forms of water. The way the tree pulls it in, ombrotrophic in nature...or so the Zelosian has told me." Him and Relit weren't really friends as much as ships passing in the night. Gabe still sensed an air of distrust from the dark skinned man, incapable of forgetting his origin. "Something about it being entirely moisture based."

He set the clear packages down. "Yeast nutrient and energizer are common. The yeast is toydarian and often used for bread. With a bit of modification from Sel, she re-purposed the strain so that it produces alcohol upon fermentation. Gives the mead a bready tone on the front end." Like moving down a conveyor belt, he finally arrived at the honey, slowly warming in the water bath. "The Honey is the star of the show. Produced by bees on Sulon from the alchemically modified Ankarres Tree. All the properties inherent in the wood are passed onto the honey and in turn, carries on to the mead. Among all of its other values, its lightside attenuation is ever apparent within the deep amber glow. If you look hard enough, like finding pockets of air within the mass, you can find it."

[member="Micah Talith"]

"Talith," there was no need to hide it. He was quite proud of who he was and where he came from. He came from two powerful dynasties, Shamalain and Talith. That didn't discount the importance of his mother either. Kira Talith may not be able to trace her bloodlines like his father, but she was equally important in the man he was today.

"She was known as Kira Liadain back in the Jedi Order," he admitted. His father had served as a time as the Senator of Borleias.

"And she had a pretty good aim for hands looking to get a cookie." he said in a quip, dimple flashing in good humor.

The next few minutes were spent with the Talith paying attention, memorizing and taking to heart what Gabriel was saying.

"Modification from Sel?" he inquired after the Marshal ended his explanation. Micah actually had quite the number of questions, and it was pretty evident on his face he was trying to determine which to ask first. The honey entranced him. Mara had mentioned the Ankarres Tree. He actually bought an Ankarres and a Force tree for her to plant in the garden at Borleias. Granted, his mother wasn't the green thumb Gabe likely was.

"What sort of modification? Alchemy? Force Imbuement?" Those were the areas Micah knew well. He was breaking into interesting trinkets with specific cuts with Upari Crystals and carvings, but otherwise than that, the fact that it had been a biochemical alteration would not have occurred to the Talith.

"Mmm, nothing that relatable." He smiled as he checked the temperature of the water warming around the honey. Tapping the jug a couple times, he tested the elasticity of the substance and was satisfied with the stability. Last thing he needed was for the honey to cook. Different type of mead at that point.

Rubbing his hands together, he leaned against the stovetop before crossing his arms. "I don't really know what the modification was. Sel, short for Seltazee I believe, is a Morodin. A large species of reptile, pacifist by nature. She immigrated here following an unfortunate bout of slavery." Or more specifically, being transported here to be hunted. Gabe was only lucky enough to stumble upon the issue, help them out in their moment of need.

"So I discussed my plans for the honey with her though expressed an issue of finding a suitable yeast. For some reason, she already had the Toydarian Yeast ready." He waved his hand. "They release a natural sludge that can improve plant species, even to the point of creating new species from the original. I guess that ability must extend to fungus."

He uncrossed his arms, peering over the boiling water. Sterilization was almost done. "Talith...that a big family of yours? Name seems to carry some wait...Oh, bring the spoon on over." He picked up the yeast energizer and nutrient, flicking it to break up the clumps. Looking to Micah, he waited for the stirring to commence.

[member="Micah Talith"]

Morodin? The slight bit of perplexity within the Talith's orange eyes said that he wasn't familiar with the species. He might be well educated and enjoy learning as much as he could about the galaxy and its inhabitents, but he didn't know all. Much less, about a species that was able to release a natural sludge that can improve plant species.

"Huh," he said, his expression stretching into one of avid curiosity and interest. "Were they created that way? The Morodin," one would have to excuse his questions about creation, as he was more used to Master Alchemists decided to play with nature and twist creatures into something new. That this was a naturally evolved species was taken less into consideration considering what AEL and others like the One Sith had managed to create.

"Oh, right!" Micah said, moving with a start over to hand him the spoon. At the mention of his family, the young man gave a cheeky grin. "Big you could say. I've three sisters and a mum that out number me and my poor dad," he added with mock aghast, it was clear he held large affection for his immediate family.

"But then I've a whole gaggle of extended family, so you could say we number a large portion of the pond." the only difference being for his immediate side, the Talith side, he and his sisters were the first legitimate Taliths. Come round the Shamalain side, you have the royals and the breeders. If there were two things you can count a Shamalain to do right, is massive Force potential and the ability to make babies.

Lots, and lots of babies.

"Aela, one of your Marshals there in the Order... she's the stuffy one in the family." he joked, dimple flashing with that rakish grin.

Oh yes, Micah Draith Shamalain Talith enjoyed making fun of his eldest sister.

Someone had to!

As Micah moved to begin stirring, Gabe poured in the packets of yeast energizer and nutrient. "Ya know, I don't really know about the Morodin..." He stated, almost admitting to his own lack of understanding. He was simple, in this regard, and tended to take things at face value. It wasn't his place to wonder on how things came about, just to understand it and move on. "I assume some evolutionary pressure existed for it. Not really sure what, though."

He moved from the heated water over to the pot and the jug of honey contained within. "Now, you keep stirring. Don't want to burn the honey, that's a whole different type of Mead." He lifted the jug and held it over the kettle. Pulling the cap off, he started to pour. "No matter how much you heat it, it's always going to be a bit sticky. Which is why I have another pot sanitizing, over there." He indicated with a nod towards another burner. "Once we've gotten everything out of here that we can, I'll pour a bit of water in, shake it, and get the rest out. Once that happens, we'll be right around 15 lbs of honey." He raised his eyebrow as he considered the comments about family.

"I haven't dealt with Aela a good deal, despite our mutual rank within the Alliance. Ships passing in the night, I suppose." He shook his head. "Most family I have live here in the homestead." Most.

[member="Micah Talith"]

Micah knew well he didn't know everything, but he certainly enjoyed learning what he could from as many different resources as possible. He'd have to study more on the Morodin to get a better grasp on what they did.

"That makes sense," he replied in regards about the evolutionary pressure. Most racial traits were originated due to such external constraints. He stirred the honey, ensuring that it would not burn. The sweet slightly grassy scent to it was rather appealing, and to be honest, made him a bit hungry. The Talith had a terrible sweet tooth.

As for Aela...

"Aela has her moments. But yeah... she comes and goes. Drives my mother mad." not really, Kira Talith was just a worry wart. Typical mother hen.

"Who else lives in the homestead?" now he was curious.

"I saw a girl up top," a thumb gestured to the roof, where Spark had been hiding behind her datascreen.

"Your sister?..." a pause.. "Daughter?" really could be anything.

"Girlfriend?"

He stopped the pour right around the halfway point. Tonguing his cheek with a lift of the eyebrow, he smiled as he set the remaining honey down and looked around. "Almost forgot..." Feeling his way around the surfaces, counter tops and stoves, he lifted odds and ends like a madman searching for his marbles. Never once did he indicate that Micah should stop stirring and should he do so, he might just ruin the mead. Lifting cloths and moving jars, Gabe let out a huff as he drew a thumb to his lips. "Where did I put it?"

As if struck by revelation, he snapped his fingers and pointed to the base of the cupboards. Opening it up, a small refrigerator of stainless steel stood idle. Swinging it open, he pulled out several baggies of cheesecloth material and strode over to the young man. "Now..." He spoke abruptly, presenting the bag at eye level. "Most crafters don't put hops in their mead. But me? I like my mead to mimic life. For all the sweet...we get a bit bitter." He pointed to the bag before peeking over the top of the kettle. "And right about now, things look all dissolved. You can stop stirring." He said as he gestured, speaking half with his mouth and half with his hands.

Dropping the two baggies in, he pulled a glass lid over and opened the vent. Satisfied with that situation, he placed the lid on and clapped his hands. "Redwood tips from Endor. It'll give a nice almost minty town to the mead. Should be good."

Rubbing his hands on his apron, he motioned to a couple of old sofas that rested near the interior of the room. "Gonna be about an hour before we can proceed with the mead. Might as well relax." He said as he sat down. "Now, you were asking about someone? A girl up top?"

[member="Micah Talith"]

Micah gave particular attention to everything that Gabriel was describing in regards to making the mead. From the details about the hops with the sweetness and the bitter to the redwood tips from Endor. It was interesting how so many different ingredients could make a complex but wonderful finish.

Taking up on Gabe's offer, the Talith sprawled himself down on the sofa. With a crooked grin, he shone mild amusement at the mention of the 'girl on top.'

"Yeah, who ever the blonde with the glasses was." he elaborated, thinking it curious that someone would have glasses in this day and age. Most were able to correct their vision, and others wore glasses to be more like holographic screens. Could that be why the blonde wore those?

"Got quite the collection of tenants here?" he would quip with good humor, leaning forward to rest his forearms upon the tops of his thighs.

"Ahh..." He leaned back against his sofa, sprawling with an arm across the back. "Spark?" He smirked. "I'm almost offended you think I'm old enough to be her father." He was old enough, by a long shot, given that he had a son much older than her running around. He couldn't quite recall the last time he saw Ijaat. They weren't on particularly good terms. Not bad, just obviously shaky.

"Not my daughter. Not my sister. Not my girlfriend either." That felt like an odd word, bringing thoughts of Cera to his mind. That wasn't really the circumstance with her, either. If he had one of this handy dandy social network accounts, he'd likely have his status set somewhere around 'It's complicated.' "She's a good friend of ours, sort of just rolled into the homestead one day...and never left."

He scratched at the upholstery of the sofa. It was a typical man cave sort of piece, beaten up and ragged looking - to match the owner. Holes in the material, cushion coming out from the bottom, and dings in the wooden pegs against the unfinished floor. But it was warm and it was comfortable and he got it for almost nothing.

"That's sort of the nature of this place. People tend to stick around." He looked back towards the young man. "I originally purchased it for my children, Destin and Armaud, who I gave up for adoption to Avalore and Stali." That was a complex thing, clearly not clarified with the quick synopsis. "Following that, Spark came along, Jacen occasionally stays here. We have Moridin on the premise, a Zelosian Jedi Master and his yodaling friend. Opi, a recent hire for nanny. Tyler, a baron's kid in need of guidance, S'vora, the child of another Zelosian, and an odd beggar Jedi that I haven't really quite grown accustomed to." He raised his finger to his mouth, as if searching his thoughts. "Ah yes, and Kana Truden."

"I guess you could say we do have quite the collection here."

[member="Micah Talith"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom