Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Phantom Pain

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ

94RDn8F.png

pNZZ1cD.png

"Darsch?" There were few things left in the world that could scare her. And this, This was one of them. There was nothing wrong with being passionate for one's work of course, And killing was a part of being Mandalorian. But she knew how easy it was to be consumed by that passion.
Darsch had calmed down afterward, Giving her a mischievous wink that would have forced the red mandalorian to smile any other time. But instead, Caused her to fake a laugh that sounded more like a nervous exhale than anything else. "Hehh..."

"Well, If you've already punched in the coordinates, Than I guess we're heading to krieg huh?"

She slips her helmet back on, Pressing a single gloved finger to the commlink switch below her antenna. <"Stand down and return to Myrkr. I will join you within the next few days. Ghost out.">

<"Roger roger.>
She says over the commlink, The same high pitched and mechanical voice as before responding with that simple line.

"I'm sending my ship back to safety in the meantime, Though I wish we had used my ship..."

"I am... Tired, And my ship had better quarters than this."
She chuckles while gesturing at the row of seats before leaning back in her chair. Interestingly, And Unbeknownst to the pair of mandalorians, The neural band built into her helmet was preventing the force from connecting with her mind, And whenever Joti wore her skeletal helmet, Darsch had a harder time picking up joti's emotions.

Once she took it off a moment later however, The subtle hint of deception filled the air. Joti wasn't tired, No, But worried. Worried about the future of a past long lost, suddenly resumed. It was as if a thousand thoughts flashed across the neural network of her mind all at once, And suddenly fell silent, As if joti had come to a conclusion that she'd rather not.

Darsch would sigh feeling that something was off with Joti. She saw through the deception and turned her head towards Joti with a look of confusion under her helmet. She walks over to the seats and sat down next to her ginger haired partner. Darsch turns her head looking over at her. Her helmet is removed and sat on the seat next to her.

"Joti.. are you ok? You seem very off."

She placed a hand on her thigh to comfort her. Darsch seemed to have calmed down and was counsoling her dear friend like Vhei used to on nights where Darsch was stressed. Before bed the two use to speak about their problems until they fell asleep next to each other, Darsch often being the first to sleep surprisingly. Remembering this made her wanna cry but she held it in. After the liberation Mandalore, Darsch was going to Aeten-II to find Vhei and put her to rest on Krieg for good.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

94RDn8F.png

pNZZ1cD.png

"Blue..." She glances at Darsch's hand against her thigh, And then up at Darsch.
"I had a partner once. Vash. You remind me of him in a way... He was Ubese, You might have seen his mask when we met. I made his helmet into my own when he died..."

She turns suddenly, Staring out into the night sky outside. "He was a great warrior. None could match his skill with the blade. But he had another virtue; He was calm. Even in the face of death and defeat, He always kept his cool. When we first met, Same as you and me, I was always the angry one. It clouded my judgement and nearly got me killed. More than once."

"But he was always calm, Always knew what to do." She smiles for a moment, Closing her eyes and leaning back in her seat, But it quickly faded.

"And then we got word that his tribe was gone... A Jedi had killed them all. Some Mercenary contract gone wrong or something. He went mad with the desire for revenge. No one could console him, And nothing could take his mind away from the thought of That Jedi's throat in his hands..."

"I made a helmet out of his mask. "Cobbled together like a child's" I think you said? Well... I cobbled it together to honour his legacy, And to so that Jedi would still see that Ubesian mask when he died. Even if Vash was no longer inside of it..."

"Revenge is a best served cold, But the dish is capable of consuming you long before then. I've been a lone wolf for a long time, Blue. Don't make me do it again."

She visibly cringes as the image of her partner freezing in the vacuum resurfaces for the first time in years, The mask's lense icing over, The ice cracking and breaking as she removes it, And Vash's pale ubese face, crystalized with ice long before she had pulled him back in... The only thing that could console her that day was seeing the Jedi's face as he peered deep into the cold stare of the Ubese\Mandalorian hybrid visor she wore back then, Her stare merciless and inhuman, The only familiarity for him being the fear in his own reflection staring back at him.

Would she find herself wearing Darsch's helmet too?

Darsch would give Joti a comforting smile before moving her gloved hand over to Joti's and squeezing it gently as a sign of affection and caring for the young bounty hunter. Vash lost his life thirsting for revenge. Darsch could now tell why Joti told the story, to keep darsch from going down a path of even more pain and suffering. Revenge plagued Darsch for she had lost so much to the hands of the sith. Her father, her squad mates in the Deathwatch, Her Deathtrooper cadets, and Vhei. Darsch understood Joti's concerns and the actions of Vash.

"Joti.. I'm sorry, I didn't know that was your way of honoring him. Force Users take. That's all they do. They never give anything. They just take.. they took my father, my deathwatch brothers and sisters, my recruits.. my Wasp.."

She looked down soberly before looking back at Joti, grasping her gloved hand still.

"I won't get myself killed or foolishly throw my life away. I do it for you.. I stay alive for you, Joti. I won't let my vision get clouded by the thought of revenge that I get myself killed. After this is over and Mandalore is free.. I will return to Aeten-II and find Vhei to put her to rest at home. Maybe I'll stay on Krieg or I'll stick with you. Maybe there's a place for me in the new Mandalore. A new generation of Deathwatch will be created."

Darsch smiles thinking of the future of Concordia and Mandalore.

"Imagine that. Our homeworlds free again for us to thrive once again."

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

94RDn8F.png

pNZZ1cD.png

Her thoughts were quickly dashed away as Darsch held her hand, Which was almost as unexpected as what she said next. Physical contact wasn't something she usually experienced, Not unless it hurt.

"Hmh," She smiles slightly, Turning over her hand to grasp Darsch's. "Haven't heard that one before. A lot of people have told me they'd Die for me. Or, for my clan anyway. Even more have said they'd Kill me. But to Live for me? No one. Not even my lover, Heh."
She chuckles slightly, Turning away.

"Speaking of living... I might have a chance to breathe new life into my clan in the coming days. I uhm... I don't know if I ever told you about my clan. Now this is a big If of course, But if I get that opportunity... I might take in some foundlings or adopt a few warriors into the clan, Take them to my home after the battle. If I get that opportunity, I mean. If not, Well... I could always join an existing clan. Either way, I'm tired of Hunting on my own."

"Hm."
She leans her head back against her seat, Eyes closed. "A new generation of Deathwatch would be quite something. And Concordia... I've waited so long to set foot on Concordia again. I haven't seen our beautiful the mountains or our forests in a decade... How about you, Blue? Never did catch which of these floating rocks you came from" She chuckles.

It has been a while since the thought of home floated through Darsch's mind. It had been years since she was last home on Concordia living on the homestead in the mountains for the majority of her childhood. Unknown to anyone but Vhei, Darsch enjoyed evening walks in the forest near her home then sitting on the ledge of the mountains, gazing on the horizon. It was wonderful and something the Vizsla enjoyed. For a member of one of the most ferocious clans in all of Mandalorian history, Darsch enjoyed some peaceful activities. As a young child, she had a loth cat and cared for it more than anything in the galaxy. She didn't care about her future when with that cat but when it passed away, she realized that not everything was going to be with a cat. Her emerald eye looked at Joti kinda glimmering with the light.

"I haven't been home in so long. It's been years. I was born on Concordia and grew up on a homestead.. My life was easy going most of the time. My father was a protector and he taught me how to fight while my mother was a retired Supercommando, she taught me how to fight. We had a nice home in the mountains and it was beautiful."

A smile grew on her lips as she looked down reminiscing the old times before the Sith took it all. She knew that at last if they succeed she would go back home at last after many years. She knew that a new deathwatch would have to be built from the ground up again, Darsch intended to be that person to rebuild it. The new Mandalore would need counters to the Sith if they tried attacking again. As Darsch grew, she wanted to build a new branch of clan vizsla and adopt some foundlings into it and maybe some of her vode. Maybe Joti would want to join.

"When this is over, we'll need the Deathwatch to return and stronger than before. I'll be the one who will bring Deathwatch back to its former glory and I will make Clan Vizsla into a clan that honors the previous members of my clan. I'll Honor my Ancestor, The Great Pre Vizsla! I'll create a new branch and be the Alor of it. I'll bring in Foundlings, maybe even some members of Clan Naudir that have nothing now that the Clan is all but gone. Joti, I'll accept you as a Vizsla, because you are my burc'ya and you're a helluva warrior."

Darsch held her hand tighter.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

94RDn8F.png

pNZZ1cD.png

She Inhales suddenly, Catching herself and stopping mid breath, Leaving herself to awkwardly hold it for a moment. "Darsch," She releases her breath slowly as she turns towards the Vizsla. "You know I'd be honoured, But..."
The Mirrorman had promised her a great deal. Her Honour, Her Clan. She could rebuild Clan Jjota, wipe the stain from her family's name and begin anew, Honour their legacy with a fresh start as she had been given. A Cin'Vhetin. Not once had she considered the fact that she could achieve her own fresh start by joining another Clan. And House Vizsla, The house that her clan had been so fiercely loyal to, Joining them would be an honour indeed. But what would it cost? Her own clan would simply be forgotten, Never to leave the obscurity that had erased them from history. Never to rise from the ashes of civil war and achieve status as a true Mandalorian clan. Was she ready to just let them go like that? But then again... Were the Ghosts of Clan Jjota even worthy of memory...? Maybe Joining Darsch and taking on the name Vizsla, Rebuilding Deathwatch beside her friend and partner, Maybe this was the right call.

"I've been trying to rebuild my clan... To erase a dishonour dealt to our name after the Red Coronation. A Dishonour that, Even to this day, I've never spoken about with Anyone. Joining you house," She holds Darsch's hand a little tighter "It would be a great honour... But it would mean that my clan would cease to exist..."

Still holding tightly onto Darsch's hand, She turns away slowly, A great sadness and confusion building inside her, Despite the gratitude towards Darsch for such a tremendous offer. "And yet a small part of me wonders if I've been running a fool's errand. Does Clan Jjota deserve to be remembered?" This was the first time she had uttered her Clan Name in front of another living being before. A name that had not been uttered in over ten years. A name that brought great pride but Great Shame to Joti. Darsch was someone she trusted with a great many things, Including her hidden shame. If Darsch were to ask, She may well tell her the whole story. The first recounting of her Clan's fate since their demise. And perhaps, She may let it all go in the name of the new life she had just been offered.

"Hmph.. You've never spoke of your clan to me. Jjota? So you're the last of them? I heard of it from a vod that they were wiped out.. My condolences."

She felt the grip Joti had on her hand tighten and made her feel as if this moment was quite intimate. Darsch loosened her grip on Joti's hand and sighed after she rejected her offer. Darsch would've loved to have Joti with her in the clan together being very close and all. The ship exits hyperspace over krieg beginning to head towards the atmosphere. Darsch stood up going to the controls of the ship and flew down towards Krieg. She smiled looking at its beauty, after this was her home for years. These became her new people.

The Dropship flew towards the planet and entered the atmosphere. Darsch almost cried seeing the beauty that was Krieg. She lands the ship at an abandoned outpost in the remote forest that was being overrun by the flora.

"We're here.. keep an eye peeled, Joti. Those beasts that we saw during the hunt are ferocious and will tear through even the biggest men. Lets head out, my ship should be nearby and I'll send out a signal to any of the contingency channels that are still up. Lets make this quick.. I don't wanna hang around here for too long.."

Darsch picked up her NN-14 and spun it around before holstering. She pressed the button to open the door and stepped out looking around and wait for Joti to come down.
Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

krieg3.PNG
EQDQssO.png

The sight of Krieg outside the dropship was beautiful. A tidal locked world that never spun, Leaving one side of the world in eternal darkness, And the other in eternal light. Once side covered in ice, And the other a scorching desert, with a single chain of islands and sea in the center known as "The Ring". Darsch had chosen a particularly verdant island that even Joti, who was used to rocky mountains and desolate wastelands, Couldn't deny the beauty of this planet as she stepped out into the chilled air of the ring, A cold fog visibly hovering the sea nearby.

"Wow. It's... Beautiful." She says, Grabbing an EE-3 off the wall on her way out. "Anyway, Clan Jjota is gone. If they need to remain gone, So be it... Maybe the Clan isn't worthy of a Cin'Vhetin. But Vizsla?"

She stops beside Darsch, Giving her a quick glance before sliding her helmet back on. "Maybe it's better that we rebuild your House. Our house, Maybe." There was a slight questioning tone in her voice. Not a question for Darsch, But for herself. The more she thought about it, The easier it would be just let it go after all these years, To Truly shed the name Jjota, And to join House Vizsla. She would be free of the shame, Free of the burden of rebuilding their legacy and leading a clan, Something she had never truly been prepared for.

"We should talk more about it later. For now, I'll keep an eye out for those creatures, And your friends."

Darsch was caught off guard by what Joti said and looked up at the sky thinking about her words. She imagined a future where her Clan was back in power and her compound was rebuilt. She imagined her old homestead rebuilt into a clan compound where she'd raise her family and train her clan. Darsch was gonna rebuild House Vizsla with what remained of her clan and anyone new who wanted to join. What was left of Clan Naudir would be welcomed into the new branch of Clan Vizsla.

"We'll rebuild House Vizsla together, Joti. We'll bring our clans back to their former glories and we'll shed the shame. As the descendant of the Great Pre Vizsla, I will make sure my branch lives up to his standards and my Deathwatch will make him proud! After we get Mandalore and Concordia back, we'll do all that. But much stands in our way way.. Lets find my ship and I'll be able to send out the signal."

She said looking around the beautiful land even though an abandoned military outpost was here. The area was still beautiful. Darsch began pacing towards the outpost going towards a hanger like structure that was built into the ground. Its door was shut but the maintenance door was open for them to go in. They were gonna have to go in the dark hanger with their lights on. Darsch would've used her night vision but her helmet was damage prompting her to turn on the head lamp and walking towards the hanger and entering. She signals Joti to follow.

It was dark and it felt quite dusty inside. The sound of the wind entering the hanger through the maintenance door was chilling and it made creepy howl. The sound of metal straining after many years can be heard as the lack of maintenance was starting to claim the outpost. At last the thing she was searching for came to view, The Solstice, Darsch's prized ship. It was covered in dust and hadn't been touched in years.

"I found it!"

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

94RDn8F.png

EQDQssO.png

Darsch's words were somewhat inspiring, And it was clear that she was very passionate about this new project of hers.
She smiles, Watching Darsch walk into the hanger bay. It reminded her of what she had told herself when the Mirrorman had first informed her that he would provide the resources necessary to rebuild her clan. It had forced the previously talkative Mandalorian to sit in silence for what felt like an eternity, Just like right now, As she stares into the dark void ahead of her. She was suddenly melancholy, Torn between letting her clan finally fade away and join house Vizsla, To finally find that sense of belonging and community among her Vode, Or to deny it all, And stubbornly bring salvation to the Jjota name. What would restore her Honour? Rebuilding the family that she had been forced to Betray and Murder, To finally redeem both her clan and herself? Or to stand by the only friend she had left, And restore the glory of her House?
"I found it!"

She snaps out of it, Finding herself staring down at the overgrown duracrete below her and looking up suddenly. "The Solstice?"

Indeed, The solstice. She activates her night vision visor as she enters the Hanger, Coming to a stop beside the old ship and placing one hand against the old hull. Home... Or at least, The only place she had ever felt at home since the Cin'Vode Massacre. Seeing the old ship again, A flood of memories returned all at once, But one in particular stood out.

Three years ago, They had returned from a failed
job on Corellia, No thanks to the DIA and a random gangster, Who'd cut Joti's leg by activating a personal plasma shield. She still had the burn scar on her leg too. That night, Darsch had come into Joti's quarters, And they shared many things. Personal things, Over one too many drinks. Joti, In her drunken state at the time, Was unsure of the meaning behind the many things Darsch had shared with her, Or why she had told Darsch the things she had, But looking back, It was clear that the Vizsla had feelings for her. Once... And yet, She left. She found Vhei, And she left. Joti had come to accept it for a time. She was a little angry for awhile, But it was as She had told Darsch; Joti couldn't keep anyone around for long. It's just how things were, And joti would have to accept it and move on, Left to do what she does best: Wander the galaxy alone, And kill for money.

She wanted to be angry with Darsch for leaving. She wanted to tell her how it made her feel and what it had done to her, But she couldn't. For all that she Wanted to feel, She couldn't help but be thankful that they were back together.

"You're my red angel..." She says, Quoting the last thing Darsch had told her that night. Something she'd never forget.

"Hmph. It's... Been awhile, Hasn't it? Can she still ferry our merry Deathwatch?"

"Unlikely it'll fit many people. It's built for combat after all though I did renovate it when I got it to make two rooms for a pet but I never got a pet.."

She would walk to the side of the ship before banging her fist on the boarding ramp. The ramp slowly went down and the light from the inside of the craft would light the two up. It was welcoming as it engulfed the two. The inside of the freighter was surprisingly clean. Darsch would head up the ramp into the ship looking around for a moment. The Vizsla would walk over to the crew lounge removing her helmet then setting it down. It was good to be home. One obstacle stood in their way at this point, the door to the hanger. She'd handle that soon. Darsch just wanted to chill out for a moment.

Darsch would leave the galley walking down the small corridor of the ship to the door to her room. She presses the button to the sliding door before entering looking around what was once her personal space. It was kept pretty simple compared to what was once Joti's room. Darsch had a small viewport where she had her old Westar Pistols. She wasn't eager to use them, she wanted something else. It donned to her that there was a workshop set up where the cargo hold was. How convenient she thought.

The Blue Mandalorian would get on her knees and moved a metal plate that was under her bed revealing a safe of sorts. She punched in a code before reaching into the safe which contained a stack of credits and unknown container. Taking out a white container, She would sigh putting it on her desk. Darsch put in another code before twist the top of it causing the sides to come off the container revealing several beskar ingots neatly stacked. It was a beautiful sight. Darsch took one in her hand looking at it. She had enough to replace the critically damaged parts of her armor. She wanted to save the rest of it for the future. Joti would probably see into Darsch's room and saw what she was doing. A sigh came from her lips as she sat down on the bed as she began stripping from her armor into the undersuit.

She looked at her cybernetic arm which was quite bare devoid of anything special. An idea popped into her mind of building a new arm which would be great. The thought was exciting for after she fixed her armor and using any left over beskar for it. Something caught Darsch's eye on the desk. She looked at it. The object was a picture of her and Vhei, Darsch with her slight smile and Vhei much more content in the photo. A tear came from her eye before quickly wiped it away. It was time to stop reminiscing about what she did with Vhei and focus on the future. For now they needed to go to this Enclave to get her armor repaired and send out the signal to her men wherever they were.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

94RDn8F.png

pNZZ1cD.png

She follows Darsch into the Solstice, Admiring the tough old bird that had carried them this rough galaxy for some time. It was like stepping back into a home she hadn't seen in years. "<Hm. I used to have a pet. Might still be on concordia? But I don't get my hopes up. Maybe we could get a pet when the Battle's over. I hear loth cats make for interesting pets.>" She smiles softly beneath her helmet, Tracing the walls with her hand as she passes through the hallways somewhere behind darsch.

She'd rounded the corner and stopped in the doorway to Darsch's room, Leaning against the frame in silence with her arms crossed while she waited. There was a lot on her mind right now, And it was difficult to talk about and best left alone in silence.
She watches Darsch unpacking the her Beskar, A rare sight these days. Next the Vizsla looked over the cybernetic arm, Causing Joti grimace behind her visor. She'd never seen anyone else with a proper cybernetic appendage, And she couldn't help but imagine the pain it must have caused her. She didn't even know how she lost it... Next came the photo of Vhei, And she wondered if that was a tear she glimpsed. Darsch had been put though so much over the years. First she lost her partner on Abafar, Then she found herself beset by Bounty Hunters, By people Like Joti... Then she found love in Clan Naudir after the fall, And even that had been taken from her. She had lost far more than an arm, But it was easy to see the cybernetics, And not the pain underneath.
But "Red and Blue" were back together again, And nothing could stop them this time. Right?

After all that, Joti's train of thought had been derailed as she observed the tight undersuit beneath, Only now realizing that Darsch had removed her armour, Revealing the toned build under the broken Beskar, Something Joti had seen only once. The Vizsla had the body of a warrior, One that had been in this fight for a long time. And atop that body was a head of long, Dark red hair, hanging loosely over the remaining Emerald eye, Flanked by freckles that looked oddly innocent for the face of a warrior who'd been killing and fighting for her life ever since it began. A number of people had remarked on Joti's appearance before, Positively, But she couldn't help thinking that Darsch had one upped her. Joti's own hair was short and tousled at all times, And while she was strong enough to hold her own when she had to, She was still small, Thin even. Though her Deathstick addiction back in the day hadn't helped things. Darsch was... Beautiful.

<"Glad to see your stay in the hospital hasn't dulled your strength."> She chuckles.

<"How long were you in there anyway? You seemed a little... Out of the loop.">

"Three.. Long Years.. Three years of reliving nightmares over and over. Feeling that pain in an almost never ending cycle. And Yes.. We can get a Loth Cat."

She smirked slightly, the previous frown disappearing. Darsch would leave the beskar on the desk before walking out of her quarters then noticing in the corner of her eye that Joti was staring. The tall and toned woman walked over to Joti looking at her eyes which were blocked off by the helmet. Her arms crossed over her chest and raised an eyebrow.

"Is something wrong? You know what? I don't care.."

She chuckles before walking over to cockpit and looking outside the viewport. The door was still an obstacle that needed clearing. Luckily, she knew there were still some proton torpedoes in the weapons bay. She looked at her reflection in the transperasteel looking at her scarred yet beautiful looks. Her artificial eye cybernetic was black and green. The doctors probably chose that so her eyes would look somewhat alike despite being completely different. The black gave her the look of scoundrel who lost it in battle and chose the black as something to intimidate their opponents. It made her think about herself.

Darsch was a different woman now. It wasn't just the eye and the arm what changed her. Everything did. Darsch shook her head escaping her thoughts before looking back to Joti. She took a seat in the pilot's seat activating the ship for a the first time in awhile. A smile came to her face as it started.

"Come on and sit. We're about to depart.. Plug in those coordinates, Joti. I don't think I'd know.."

She looked back at the window and got ready to take off. Her hand pulls back on the yoke of the freighter lifting it up. The cybernetic thumb moves to activate the torpedo tubes. She pulls up the targeting computer and locks onto the hanger doors.

"Joti, you may wanna take a seat for this!"

Darsch would press the fire button on the yoke sending two torpedoes at the hanger doors before going full throttle and blasting through the hole. The freighter shot out like a missile into the air heading up to space. The beautiful Krieg sky slowly turned into a dark purple view. The Solstice was now in space. Darsch flew the ship below lightspeed awaiting Joti to punch in the coordinates so they could go.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

94RDn8F.png
EQDQssO.png

<"Pff. We both know you're lyin'."> She chuckles while following Darsch to the cockpit. Jokes aside, Her partner's statement was... Concerning. Joti was just now beginning to comprehend what the Vizsla was going through, And had done so alone.

<"Hey, Just remember that we're good now. You're Safe. You don't have to live that life anymore..." Not if I have anything to say about it.

Taking a seat beside darsch, She removes her helmet and sets it on the dashboard before leaning over the Co-Pilot's control panel, Inputting the correct coordinates. "We're going to Roon. An ancient Taung homeworld, Steeped in Mandalorian history. The Enclave is hidden deep within the jungles there, But I remember the way." She says with a degree of joy, Recounting in her mind the many wonders of the ancient planet.

Next she was advised to sit, Causing her to strap in while watching Darsch with a curious expression. Soon enough, The Vizsla had blasted a hole into the doors and flung their ship into space, Joti smiling the entire time. This is what I came for! Red and Blue, Two Mandalorian Wildcards with no one to stop us and the entire galaxy at our fingertips! It brought back memories of better times, And though they saw little success as Bounty Hunters, She still enjoyed their time together back then.

"Hah! That's one way to make an exit huh? You and I, We need to blow up more chit together. Think of it as fireworks to celebrate our reunion" She laughs, A small hint of the old Joti appearing in her deep blue eyes, Fixed on Darsch as she stares with a warm smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom