Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply A Personal Welcome

ithorian_skyyards_tree_grove_class_herd_ship_by_shoguneagle_daz8vyu-fullview.jpg

Docking bay, the herdship Vonnuvi
-OPEN-​

When unburdened by his priestly duties, one of Gillom Rone's favorite retreats was the herdship's spaceport terminal. Here, he could see firsthand the comings and goings of faces familiar and unfamiliar. He prided the Vonnuvi's multicultural development, and took it upon himself to offer some of these fresh arrivals a personal welcome.

Some were too busy to mingle; Such was business, but a simple heartfelt greeting could lift spirits all the same. Some were happy to accept an introduction, a tour, perhaps even a crumb of wisdom, from the old shepherd. And Gillom was happy to offer it.

"Tidings, friend. On behalf of my herd, welcome to the Vonnuvi." The hovering translator droid interpreted his stereo rumblings into Basic, while the Ithorian outstretched his hands in greeting. No matter who had just arrived, they were always bound to make Gillom's life a little more interesting.

You are visiting the herdship Vonnuvi, one of many mobile city stations created by the Ithorians. They are carefully constructed fusions of manmade engineering, and natural preservation. The Vonnuvi has much to offer to its visitors.

You could be here for any number of reasons:
Perhaps you are a merchant looking to trade with the herdship.
Perhaps you are a Jedi, coming to visit or join the built-in Enclave.
Perhaps you are a refugee, come to find a new place to live, or to visit one of the biospheres reminding you of a long lost home.
Perhaps you are simply a curious soul, looking to explore.
Or perhaps you are one of many other possibilities. No matter what, Gillom is eager to assist however he can.

Just be aware that wanted criminals and known darksiders would not be permitted entry onto the Vonnuvi.

Please feel free to read the codex entry and see if any points of interest stand out to you. This herdship is something of a pet project for me that I'm always eager to explore and develop.

"Thankyou, sir," Evander said, his hands in the pockets of his orange jacket. "I heard you offered homes and food to those displaced. As a displaced individual, I was wondering if I might take advantage of that."

A free meal and home wasn't the only thing Evander planned to take advantage of. He had heard that there was a Jedi enclave being built here. In his leather bag, he had a plethora of bomb making supplies. If he could plant an explosive in this enclave, it would be a significant blow to the order and he would finally get revenge on those who killed his father.

"Yes, and seeing as I'll be living here and all, it might be nice to be given a tour," he continued to the old Ithorian in front of him. "Is it true that the Jedi are moving in as well?"

Looking down upon the old man with his force sight, Evander felt a pang of guilt about his plans. But his resolve was strong, and it would take a lot of convincing from this Ithorian to change his mind.

"We do," The Ithorian replied sagely, "I can lead you to our accommodative services, if you like. Where do you come from, if I might ask?" Gillom outstretched a hand towards the city sector, offering the man to follow.

"Is it true that the Jedi are moving in as well?"

The man asked about the Jedi in the past tense. Bemusedly, the priest replied, "They already have. It's been a fruitful cooperation." He clearly held the Jedi in some regard, "Our humanitarian efforts have been notably improved."

"We do," The Ithorian replied sagely, "I can lead you to our accommodative services, if you like. Where do you come from, if I might ask?" Gillom outstretched a hand towards the city sector, offering the man to follow.

"Um...I'd rather not talk about my homeworld. Too many painful memories, you understand," Evander dodged the Ithorian's question, knowing full well that Alpheridies had not been damaged in any recent war. "Thank you. I appreciate your willingness to guide me through this incredible place."

As the two walked, the man spoke of the Jedi with such high esteem that it was all Evander could do to make sure his facial expressions didn't betray what he really thought of the Jedi. "Sure, if you say so. What is your name, by the way? I'm Evander."

Gillom squinted an eye studiously at Evander, "I will gladly respect your privacy, my friend, but would you at least tell me the name of your home? We have to have some sort of regulation for refugee influxes, you understand," Otherwise, just anyone could show up and take advantage of the Vonnuvi's free offerings. Their process was quick and easy, but not that quick and easy.

"My name is Gillom Rone. I'm the head priest of the Vonnuvi herdship. The people here are under my protection, and my guidance."

"Nice to meet you, Gilom," Evander stalled, fidgeting with his bag as he tried to think of somewhere to say he came from. Ahead of him, he spotted a holoscreen displaying the news. The headline: Ukatis attacked by the Mandalorians in an act of war against The Galactic Alliance flashed across the screen. Perfect, that would suffice. "I'm from Ukatis. I'm running away from the recent violence there."

"And you're a priest, huh?" Evander continued, choosing to change the subject before the Ithorian asked him any questions about Ukatis that he didn't know the answers to. "You're not a force user, are you? Considering the war and all, I figure they only bring bad luck. No offence."

"Ah," Gillom replied, still a bit curious of the man in front of him. But for now he let it go.

Evander seemed to show a bit more of his colors however, when he made a comment on the ill-fortuned presence of Force users. Gillom stroked his wispy beard, and hummed deeply, "I am. It is the nature of our clergy to be Force-sensitive." He looked down at Evander, and nodded at him, "So are you, friend." He was a miraluka after all. His entire species was Force-sensitive.

"Yes, I know," Evander replied, gritting his teeth. The Ithorian had unknowingly hit a nerve. Being a Miraluka, Evander had no choice but to use the force to see, but he still refused to be labeled as a force user. "But being force sensitive does not make me a force user. It just means I know enough about the force to know not to abuse it. The force is a powerful tool, and placed in the wrong hands, it can cause endless pain and turmoil."

"I mean, just look at the last few galactic wars," Evander continued, gesturing with his arms as he began to get more and more passionate. "Almost all of them have been instigated by force users abusing their power. And to what end? The Jedi claim they want peace, but in the end, they don't actually care about their citisens. The sith hunger for power and leave destruction in their wake. So tell me, how are you, a force user, different to them? Name me one force user who has never abused the force."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom