Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Not So Friendly Spar

Orson Velus

O
Training alone was really getting to be quite boring for Orson. He stood alone in the centre of a training room, training lightsaber in hand, occasionally going through the motions with a very bored expression on his face. The technique was defiantly lacking, but the movements and slashes he was doing weren't awful, just a bit unorthodox.

Unfortunately, his unorthodox motions meant a lot of wasted movements, and tired him out faster than it probably should do. After around 15 minutes or so, Orson came to a stop, his breathes heavier and beginning to lightly sweat. He sighted, beginning to pace idly around the training grounds, glancing around at the walls, and occasionally back at the door. Not only was it boring, but he imagined the sight of him training alone might also be quite embarrassing, as he wasn't entirely sure how bad he'd look.

As he paced around, he occasionally would try to whirl the blade around in his hand, more often than not it would either simply slip out of his hand, or on one occasion it basically flew out of his hand.

Maran Maran

GADividerHotPink.png

Well this was deja vu. Ish.

At least, this is what she figured her master had seen. Maran opened the door just as a lightsaber flew from someone's hand. unlike when it flew from hers and Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el could catch it, she couldn't. She did, though, plop right on her rump to avoid the blade with the most startled expression on her face. Startled, then annoyed. Then angry. She hopped right to her feet, pointing towards the boy with a growl at her lips.

"What are you doing!?"

Orson Velus

Orson Velus

O
Orson's head quickly turned towards the door as he heard it begin to open, before noticing that quite unfortunately, that was the direction he had accidentally flung the training saber. He hadn't actually been hit by a training saber yet but he was confident that it couldn't be too painful, so he couldn't help but grin at the situation. Probably not a great first impression to whoever it was coming through, but he was too interested in watching the situation unfold rather than warning them.

As the girl quickly dropped beneath the saber, Orson rose his hands sheepishly. "I was training and then, well, I just sort of let go by accident." There was a slight pause, as he considered whether or not to ask for the saber back, as she already looked quite annoyed, and he could only imagine it would worsen matters. "Do you mind passing that back, please?"

Maran Maran

GADividerHotPink.png

Training. Yeah that made sense. She'd done the same thing when she was training. And yet, she was the one almost hit. And her master had no issue defending himself from it. She couldn't. Anger flashed in the back of her head before she took up the weapon. Tossed it in her hand rather casually. "Oh? So you can accidentally throw it at another person? Why should I, huh? What will happen to the next person you throw that at?"

Orson Velus

Orson Velus

O
"Seems I can do, yeah." He nodded, his grin persisting. He knew he probably shouldn't, but he was very amused by how the situation had played out. "Because, uh." He paused for a moment. There wasn't really any reason why she should give it back, other than it being, at least in his eyes, the right thing to do. "I'm using it?" He shrugged, flinching slightly when she tossed it up, half expecting her to enact some kind of revenge.

"You're the first person I've thrown it at, and I don't think there'll be a next one. It's a learning experience or something like that."

Maran Maran

GADividerHotPink.png

"Uh huh. Suure. Cause you have control of that." Again she tossed the blade in her hand. Flipping it in the air. Promptly dropping it at the same time as she completely fumbled the damn thing. She huffed in annoyance as she crouched down to pick it back up. Immediately pretended like nothing happened.

"You're gonna have to prove it. That you won't drop this by accident or something."

Orson Velus

Orson Velus

O
"Now I think you're just as much as a threat as I am with that thing." He bit back a laugh as she dropped the blade, and her not particularly subtle attempts at playing it off. "That one might of been even worse than what I did."

He stepped back slightly, holding his hand out. "Sure, I'll try and prove it, you've just got to pass me it back, and I'll try do what you just failed at."

Maran Maran

GADividerHotPink.png

"Mm."

She ignored the comment as best she could to keep her superiority. Far as she was concerned, she never dropped a thing. Then she grinned wider. Nodding again. Wait no nodding at his challenge just confirmed she failed. Crap. No, make it her favor. Yeah.

Maran tossed it his way.

"Prove it."

Orson Velus

Orson Velus

O
Orson felt this was a great victory, as not only had he got his training blade back but she had also accidentally agreed that she'd dropped it. Perhaps one of the greatest victories of his life, he wasn't quite sure yet. What he was sure of, however, was that he dodging the blade was certainly the right plan as it being thrown towards him did not fill him with anything but worry.

However, if he caught it and she resorted it dodging, it'd continue to add to his successes of this day. His attempt at catching was certainly an attempt. Not much more could be said about that. His hand had been in the right place, he'd just closed it too early and the saber's handle bounced off his knuckles. Taking a leaf from her book, he simply crouched down and picked it up as if nothing had ever happened.

"Okay, I'll prove it, just watch and prepare to be amazed." If anything could be said about Orson in this moment, it was that he was at least confident in himself, and so he tossed the blade up, flipping it as he did so. Somewhat surprisingly, it did actually end up in the Padawan's hand successfully. "See? That was perfect."

Maran Maran

GADividerHotPink.png

She laughed. Grinned. The moment he dropped it she knew it was over. Till he actually flipped it in his hand. That wiped the grin from her face. Instead, Maran frowned. Just about pouted as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Do it again. You fumbled the catch, so prove that you can do it again."

Orson Velus

Orson Velus

O
Orson was filled with confidence after his earlier successes. Catching it again? Not a problem for him at all. He was so confident in fact, that he would try and one up both of them.

"Too easy for me now. I'll do something even better." This was a pretty bold claim for a man who had absolutely no clue what the better thing would be, so there was a brief pause while he tried to think something up. There was only one thing he could think of really, which was simply tossing it up higher with more flips. Sure enough, it landed in Orson's hand just as he planned. However, unfortunately as he rose it triumphantly, it slipped back out of his hand.

"Oh, that's unfortunate."

Maran Maran

Orson Velus

O
Orson frowned slightly as she reached for the saber, bending over to try and grab at it before she could. He wasn't entirely sure if he'd get it back this time if she took it from him, he couldn't think of any reason why she would give it back.

"I did do it again, I just.." He frowned, pausing. He really needed a good excuse for this one. It was embarrassing as is, so he hadn't to at least do some damage control. "My hands sweaty." His hand in fact was not sweaty, it was quite dry if anything at this moment.

Maran Maran

Orson Velus

O
"Sweaty hands?" He grinned, lifting the saber back up. He tried to think up some kind of witty retort to this grave insult. She'd also dropped it, but slippy hands didn't really hand any ring to it unfortunately. "Okay, uh.. I got nothing."

A spar could definitely be fun though, so he nodded, glancing around the room. "Do you have a training thing yourself? But yeah, we can spar." He backed up into the centre of the room.

"Just go whenever you're ready."

Maran Maran

GADividerHotPink.png

"Saber? No. But there's extras here." She sold hers technically. That was something that still needed to be addressed, not that she'd tell anyone. She wandered over to grab her own training saber, ignited the blade. Looked it over. Alright. Spar.

She took a breath, lifted her blade in both hands. And didn't move. She wasn't going to.

"I'm ready."

Orson Velus

Orson Velus

O
"Right.." He frowned at the lack of movement. There went his plans to counter attack. Instead, it seemed he'd have to initiate the fight himself. He rose the blade up, holding it tightly in his left hand, and took a deep breathe.

There was a brief moment without any movement from Orson, before he began to edge forwards slowly. He continued with his slow advance up until he was about two lightsaber lengths from Maran. It was then that he made his move. He dashed forwards forwards, notably quickly for someone his age and untrained, his saber simply thrusting forwards towards her stomach.

Maran Maran

GADividerHotPink.png

She stayed still. Kept her eyes focused. And when he came in, well.

She panicked. Not at all like she was supposed to do, but she did. She didn't move, didn't block. There was just the tap of his blade against her stomach before she took half a step back, wide eyed and just.. Stunned.

"I.. Chit."

Orson Velus

Orson Velus

O
Orson's eyes widened in surprise. Why didn't she move? Well, she sort of did but just sort of in the wrong order of events. He expected her to move before the attack landed, not after. Overall, he seemed to be just as stunned as she was by this, but he got over it quickly enough.

"Sorry?" It was a half-hearted apology at best, more questioning and confused than anything. Despite his apology, he figured that this was just an anomaly, and surely she would move or block on his next attack.

He advanced forwards once again, less a charge and more just longer steps to close the distance, once against thrusting his blade forwards, this time towards her shoulder.

Maran Maran

GADividerHotPink.png

"Don't- I'm fine. I'm fine." She repeated herself a couple more times as she tightened her grip on her blade. Watched him as he moved. And this time brought her blade up to knock his blade similarly up and away. Deflect. Focus on defense. Soresu, right? She was doing it right, right? Uncertainty was obvious in her expression, but seeing his blade actually get moved away was some bonus to her shaky confidence.

Orson Velus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom