Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Night At Jayvar's [Talia Mark]

Outer Rim
Taris
Lower City
Jayvar's Cantina
11:23pm, Local Time

The band was terrible and the dancers looked bored, but Jack had just pocketed nearly 270,000 credits and a very interesting map chip playing pazaak. Checking that the credit transfer was being automatically made to one of his secure accounts, the pirate captain and politician picked up a handful of hard creds and weaved his way to the bar. On the way he stopped at the edge of the dancer's stage where Teepa, a Togruta who's specialty was doing splits while spinning around the dancer's pole, gave him a wink, though the expression on her face remained bored. He tossed a 50 cred coin onto the stage at her pump-heeled feet without sitting, and the dancer's face curled into a smile.

"Do try to at least pretend to be alive, love," said Jack. "Otherwise they'll replace you with a droid, and then the real strange ones will start coming in."

Not bothering to wait for her to gyrate in front of him, Jack made it to the bar, took one of two seats left, and ordered an Arboite Twister, a drink so strong it was said it could make a Troig bang its two heads together.

He'd just taken his first sip when he felt a heavy hand fall upon his shoulder, and a low voice breathe into his ear.

"You Jack Sparrow?" came the growl.

"Captain. Captain Jack Sparrow, mate." Jack turned his head toward the sound. A flat nose surrounded by a dark, hairy face filled his vision: a feline Cathar, who didn't seem pleased.

"Mr. Geez sent me over, Jack Sparrow." Silently, Jack mouthed the word "Captain." "Mr. Geez, he just lost a lot of money at pazaak. He says you cheated, an' he wants his money back. And his map. Especially his map. So." The strong hand squeezed Jack's shoulder again, causing the pirate to wince. "Hand 'em over."

Jack turned to his left, where a very attractive, short-haired woman had taken the final empty seat. She looked like the kind person who was comfortable in wretched hives of scum and villainy, and Jack liked her immediately. "This man represents another fellow who says I'm a cheat," Jack said to the woman. "Now tell me true: do I look like the kind of man who'd cheat at pazaak?" Jack's left hand pointed to the blaster pistol holstered on his right hip, and he threw a glance in that direction as well.

[member="Talia Mark"]

It was nice to be recognized for once. Even if it was for questionable reasons. Talia could only guess this as the Anzat bouncer gave her a disturbingly playful grin. She cocked a brow. Did she really want to know? Really? He was going to let her into Jayvar's, however, so whatever made him do so was fine by her. She just... wouldn't think about it.​
She made her way up to the bar and ordered a Corellian Prospecter: Double-shot with Tarisian Ale, no ice. As she waited for her drink, a man just a few seats down began talking to her. Wow. Attention that soon? Tonight was going to be interesting.​
Her piercing blue eyes gave the man a look-over. He was actually kind of attractive, in a rough, outlaw-ish kind of way. She then turned her gaze to the Cathar and smirked.​
"To be perfectly honest, you do," She replied. "But let's not forget that looks can be deceiving. If I went around placing labels on people because of their odd faces or unnatural physique, why, I would think that your Cathar friend here was a mindless brute with poor grammar and daddy issues."
Okay, so poking fun at a Cathar wasn't the smartest thing she could do, but hey. It was HILARIOUS to see a Cathar glaring at you! Their noses always crinkled up, and their ears stretched out, and it made them look like they were about to spit up a hairball rather than kill you.​
[member="Jack Sparrow"]​

The Cathar in question released Jack and moved around behind him.

"Oh yeh, girl?" he mused. "Little slip of a thing like you's gonna run her mouth? Mr. Geez isn't paying me to put your face through this bar, but I may just take the job anyway."

Jack rose from his chair quickly, and suddenly, as if by magic, the Cathar had a blaster barrel pressed against his temple.

"No, mate, you don't want to do that," said the pirate. "Now then. Which one of those fine fellows at the pazaak table was your Mr. Geez? Also," he leaned around the tall and beefy muscle to smile at Talia, "In my case, looks are not in any way deceiving." He returned his attention to the Cathar before the cat got any ideas.

"Mr. Geez, he was the Gran in the purple suit."

Jack wrinkled his nose. "Awful," he breathed. "Awful suit, terrible at pazaak, and do you know why I was cheating him, my hairy friend? No, don't tell me you don't care, don't ay that you're only in it for the money or just following orders, because I'm going to enlighten you. Your Mr. Geez was, in fact, cheating me and the rest of the table. Only I'm better at it see, because I'm Captain Jack Sparrow."

Jack looked over Talia's shoulder. "Do us a favor love," he said to her. "There's three of our Cathar's friends getting up from a table in the corner behind you. If you've got a moment."

Sure enough, two very large humans and one even larger horned Iktotchi had noticed Jack's aggressive stance and had begun to come over, dark expressions on their faces.

[member="Talia Mark"]

"Pleasure's all mine, Captain."
Talia hopped up from her seat and popped her hands, popping her neck at the same time. With a bounce in her step, she took a defensive stance between the now captive Cathar and the three approaching figures. She removed the staff attached to her back and twirled it a bit.​
"Alright boys. Now, I'm gonna give you a chance to walk away out of the goodness of my heart, before I decide to make some bacon..."
As she spoke, she held out her free hand. It suddenly became wreathed in yellow and blue flames.​
[member="Jack Sparrow"]​

The trio stopped in their tracks momentarily, squaring off as they assessed the situation.

"S'matter, girl," growled the Iktotchi, "ain't got the stones to fight fair?"

Jack peered around the large Cathar. "Three on one, mate? Well, be fair, four on two. Well, be fair," he clubbed the Cathar thug on the side of his head with the butt of his blaster. The Cathar collapsed to the floor, unconscious. "Three on two." He pointed the blaster at the three. "Who else enjoys math?" asked the pirate, cocking his head to one side.

"Jack!" called Teepa, the Tortuga dancer Jack had tipped earlier. She pointed to the door to a private room where Geez and three more men were filing out of.

"Well this calls for a distraction," said Jack, smiling at the woman with the flaming fist. He pointed his blaster at the ceiling and pulled the trigger. With a flash, a huge crystal chandelier exploded into a shower of falling glass and chain. Jack grabbed the girl's hand as Teepa yelled "This way!"

"Hello love," said Jack to the short-haired woman. "Captain Jack Sparrow. Senator from Kashyyyk. Lovely to meet you."

And they ran.

[member="Talia Mark"]

Talia made short work whoever chose to follow them as they sprinted towards the Togruta's exit route. How, you ask? She just tossed the ball of fire behind her back and let science do the rest. She'd probably have to pay for the property damage later...​
She laughed as they ran out the back way with a flurry of blaster-fire and yelling to their backs.​
"A Senator? Hell, if they were all as fun as you, I might just run for office!"
Talia's blue eyes flashed wildly in Jack's direction, her classic smirk across her face.​
"Talia Mark, at your service. Mercenary, Lady Dragon, and the only one who can keep a straight face when I say that nickname."
[member="Jack Sparrow"]​

"Lady Dragon?" smiled Jack as they ran. "Ah, yes, you see? I can't say it with a straight face either. Nice moniker, though. Suits you."

Jack's steps weaved as he ran, blaster in one hand and Talia's hand in the other. "And the other senators are dull, love. Dull and old and flaccid, and several of them have multiple chins. And those are the women."

The secret hallway ended in a dark doorway. Throwing it open, Jack pulled Talia into a slightly brighter alley. Letting go of her hand, the pirate ran to the corner of the building, removed his tricorn hat, and peered carefully around the corner. From the doorway, smoke billowed forth, along with dancers who hadn't bothered to cover up, and patrons trying to as they ran. Sirens could be heard in the distance as fire flyers approached.

Jack turned to the short-haired woman. "Well now. I've suddenly found myself in the company of a lovely lady, and my schedule for the evening clear."

From around the corner, the pair heard shouted: "There they are! Get them!"

"Erm," said Jack, then brightened. "Well Lady Dragon. Care to find some trouble with me?"

[member="Talia Mark"]

Talia glanced behind them. Hm. Probably shouldn't have made the fire quite so hot... She jumped out of the way of two dancers scurrying away in what looked like lengerie and high-heels.​
She joined Jack at the end of the alleyway, peeking left and right at the street. Sirens. Oh joy!​
"Find trouble? Becuase something tells me it found us, Captain!"
She called to him over the blaring sirens, pulling him backward before a blaster bolt could hit his head.​
"Well, either way, we're not getting out of this without a little tango with the authorities. Care to dance?"
Talia grinned excitedly.​
[member="Jack Sparrow"]​

Jack grinned crookedly. "A woman after my own heart," he purred. He paused briefly to look around, assessing the pair's environment. "Let's see. Around that corner are several disgruntled beings who are rather put-out by our current behavior. To our left I see the rather lovely backsides of several fleeing ladies who are likely to have the rest of the day off. And across from us..." The pirate crossed the alley where the side door of the adjacent building stood closed, with no obvious way to open it. "Is nothing that can help. And so..." Jack checked the safety on his blaster to make sure it was off. "Plan...what plan are we up to? Let's say E. For exploding."

Without warning, Jack darted from the mouth of the alley just as a local police hovercar moved past. Without hesitation he opened fire on the rear of the car, ducking as blaster fire from Geez's force tried to pick off the running pirate.

The patrol car exploded. Jack quickly holstered his blaster.

"Them!" yelled Jack, his face aghast. "It was them that did it! Not me! I'm innocent! And a very important senator! Assassins!"

If the situation was an uproar before, it was full-fledged pandemonium now.

[member="Talia Mark"]

Talia had to shake her head a little at Jack's planning methods. This was definitely entertaining, that was for sure.​
Telling the police who you were (if you were important, like a Senator) was a good idea. Except, of course, if you didn't look the part at all and they thought you were drunk, in which case you'd be just as much up a creek as you were before. It was times like these when a little bit of theatrical flare was helpful.​
So, Talia cleared her throat a little, and doned a cold and serious demeanor.​
She ran right next to Jack, using the Force to deflect some of the blaster fire from both him and a policeman near them.​
She turned to the policeman and glared. "Is there a reason why you're just blundering about, boy?! This is Senator Jack Sparrow, for Sith's sake! He needs to be taken to safety immediately!!" She yelled, as sternly as any bodyguard would.​
[member="Jack Sparrow"]​

"Yes!" called Jack over the din. "Jack Sparrow, senator of Kashyyyk at your service." The pirate ducked as something from inside the cantina exploded, blowing out the side wall where he and Talia had been standing moments before. "And this is my bodyguard, Bunsuv Steel." Jack reached into his greatcoat, removing a thin brown leather wallet from an inside pocket. Flipping it open, he showed the officer his official Republic Senate identification. "Big supporter of local law enforcement," lied Jack. "If you could just see your way clear..." Ducking his head, he took Talia's hand and moved quickly into the passenger seat of the still-open patrol car. Sliding across quickly to the driver's seat, Jack activated the door hatch.

"Hey, wait!" cried the cop. "That's my patrol car!"

Jack looked quickly around, his hands moving as if they had a life of their own, until he found the car's loudspeaker. Grabbing the hand mic and keying it on, he said "Official senate business, officer. All perfectly legal I assure you. Miss Steel will file a report. Oh, and that Gran in the purple suit is the one who started the fire and tried to kill me. I'm fairly certain that's a hanging offense, but your local legislation on such matters is, I admit, foreign to me."

As Jack spoke he'd also started the patrol car. Throwing a grin at Talia, he released the button and said, "Lights and sirens, if you'd be so kind?"

"But--" began the officer, reaching for the car door just as it lifted off from the street.

Jack keyed the PA once more. "For the glory of the Republic!" he said, then dropped the mic and sped away from the scene. "Now then. Where to, love?"

[member="Talia Mark"]

Talia had to bite her cheek to keep from busting with laughter. Bunsuv Steel! She'd have to remember that one! she slipped into the car and started up the sirens while Jack made his little speech. while nosing through the glove compartment on her side, she found a little bobble-head figurine of some Twi'lek celebrity. As the bewildered cop made his way toward the car, she tossed the figurine out the window and hit his nose. "We'll be sure to let your commanding officer know of the courageous service you gave us today. G'luck!"
She then gave him a tiny two-finger salute topped with a wink as the car lifted into the air and flew out of sight. Talia stretched back, putting her feet up on the dashboard and her arms behind her head. She sighed. "Well, there are only so many places to go on Taris, you know. We could try another bar, but I think that option's already crashed and burned. Maybe we could grab some fast food and land on an outrageously tall living complex? Give the locals something to gawk at?" She looked over at him with a big smile.​
[member="Jack Sparrow"]​

"A marvelous suggestion, love," remarked Jack, taking the police car up several hundred feet. With the siren blaring and the lights flashing, traffic parted before them.

Jack cruised the streets for several minutes before spotting the bright neon lights of McMorgan's, a pirate-themed fast food restaurant. Not bothering to turn off the lights and sirens, Jack parked on the speaker platform, rolled down the window, and shouted, "Look, my partner and I are in a hurry, savvy? There's been a horrible ship crash thing and a double murder or something. We need victuals. Sustenance. Or at least what passes for food on this planet. For myself, I'd like a...double turtle biscuit, small fried kelp, and something with kaf because I'm an officer of the law and not a pirate who would rather be drinking lum."

Jack turned to Talia. "And for the lady?"

[member="Talia Mark"]

"Hmmm.... I'll take the Triple Kraken Burger, hold the starfish, with some deep-fried anemone tendrils and some blue milk please!" Talia called out Jack's window. She was adventurous when it came to food. She just hoped the Kraken wasn't still moving about or something when she got it. She cocked a brow at Jack. "Man, it really must be a pirate's life for you. McMorgan's?... Oh, DAMN! I should have gotten the Little Scalywags meal! They come with hats!" She snapped her fingers, making a mock expression of disappointment.​
[member="Jack Sparrow"]​

"Well, once we're done with dinner we can go hat shopping love," grinned Jack, gunning the police cruiser and speeding into the sky.

Ten minutes later and true to his word, the pair were parked atop an 86 story building, sitting at the foot of the cruiser and enjoying their meal, as much as fast food can be enjoyed at any rate. To keep the peace and avoid further interference from local law enforcement, Jack had turned off the lights and siren.

Pulling a particularly long string of onion from his burger, Jack tossed it over his shoulder, where a gust of wind carried it over the edge of the building.

"So, Talia Mark. Tell me about yourself. Surely a woman as lovely as you with a penchant for violence and a propensity to run off with a pirate must have an interesting story. And when you've finished, lean over and give me a right good kiss. I don't even care about the ketchup stain on your chin."

[member="Talia Mark"]

Hm. Krakens weren't half-bad in Talia's opinion. She took another bite as she contemplated how best to answer Jack's question. "Now now, Mr. Sparrow. You'll have to buy me dinner first... Oh wait, that base is covered I guess." Sh downed the last bit of her food and licked her fingers a little before folding her arms over her chest and leaning back in her seat. "Interesting? Maybe. Filled with romance, drama, and a ton of Wookiees? Sadly, not the case. Grew up on Coruscant with your average family. When the Clockwork Rebellion broke out, we fled to Corellia where my mother used to live. Life was crap. Then I convinced my brother Carter to join me in Mercenary work. We were the bane of many a criminal organizaton in our day. But eventually, we went our separate ways. Thus, here I am today." Talia didn't mention the deaths of her father, sister, and mother. She had a tendency to dance around those kind of emotions until she was ultimately forced to deal with them.​
[member="Jack Sparrow"]​

"Brief, but informative," nodded Jack. "You did forget the kiss, however." Jack reached over, took the mercenary's calloused hand in his own, and kissed the back of it gallantly, then reached into his coat and retrieved a data stick. "Would you like to know what this is? Of course you would, because I wouldn't have asked if I didn't think you were interested. This, my love, is a ticket. A ticket to adventure, and danger, and treasure." Gauging his audience's interest, he continued, "I won this back at Jayvar's from a Mr. Geez, a Gran with a terrible habit of revealing his every emotion with his face and hands. And the reason Mr. Geez was so intent on getting this particular map back is because it leads to something thought long, long gone. This map contains the location..."

Jack flipped the data stick into the air and caught it deftly between his first two fingers.

"...of the legendary ship known as the Millennium Falcon."

Jack grinned.

"Care to take a little trip?"

[member="Talia Mark"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom