Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A New Way

TAG: Akshae Numek Akshae Numek
Wearing: [xXx]

Things had been quiet for quite some time now. Life had a funny way of cropping up and snagging the wind right out of your sails, so to speak. For Hinah, this had been completely true in a variety of ways, and while the details were not entirely important over her lack of appearance, the fact of the matter was she had disappeared off of the grid. But nothing had been going well for her at the time, every little thing had fallen apart, and there was honestly no one to blame for it but herself. So she had stepped back, took the time to try and find her way - and found a place for herself.

Through all of this, she did not cut contact with the universe entirely. Akshae was her oldest and closest friend after all, and she had made sure to keep in touch with him. She kept him up to date on the daily craziness she was enduring while on Roon, about the clan that was banded together, full of people who just did not seem as if they should be around one another much less support each other. Yet they did, and somehow it worked. Hinah kept him informed of the ups and downs, the insane twists and turns of romantic ongoings - or the lack there of in some cases - and just all of the little things that made this group of people seem more alive than most she has met.

The strangest part of it all was the fact that Hinah herself had been welcomed in, invited to stay so long as she could pitch in and do her part, which of course she could. It was a place where she could belong, felt like she belonged, and now?

Well, now she was waiting inside a little food place on Naboo, seated on a stool at the bar where they served drinks too. Hinah had extended an invitation to Akshae, detailing what she knew of this Numeck clan - but also making sure it was known that she wanted to see him as well. And all she could do now was wait to see if he showed.

Tag: Hinah Dragr Hinah Dragr

Normally Akshae would have just barged in fresh from whatever he had being doing the moment earlier and drop in without a second thought, but this was Hinah. He had actually taken the time to clean up a bit and and the armor for something more appropriate for polite society such as it was, though his idea of appropriate was most likely still lacking. He stepped into the establishment dressed in a long black duster, on each hip there was a blasted held in place by mag locks on his belt, his eyes scanned the room for a moment while he looked for HInah, and when he finally spotted her he moved.

He shoved his way past several people before making his way to the bar, some minor protests but he paid them no mind as he slid onto the barstool to her right, he dropped a handful of credits on the bar. And waved the bartender over "Whatever the lady is having bring her another. And bring me the same" he turned his back to the bar and leaned against it looking over at Hinah with grin. "You look good, all digits and extremities still seem to be attached."

She heard the protest of people before she even laid eyes on Akshae. The scoffs, the disapproving grunts, and all at once she knew her friend had arrived. And when he made his way through the crowd so that she could see him, Hinah smiled warmly. They may have kept in touch, but to actually see him in person was such a nice and welcome change.

"Me? Look at you," she compliment him in return, and even turned in her stool so that she could make him do the same. This way she could get a good and proper look at him up close, or as much of on as was possible while sitting down. "All broody and rugged lookin'." she grinned, and then half turned only long enough to remind the bartender of what she had been drinking before her attention went back to Akshae.

"All sass aside, you look good. And I'm glad you showed up. I missed having you around." He had always been the one to have her back after all, so it had been a rough ride for a while without him around. Hopefully this little visit would open the door for them being around one another a lot more often...

he inclined his head with a roguish grin "I mean I was always broody and rugged. I just took a womans advice and made myself a bit more presentable." her turned on his stool to face her as well but still leaned against the bar as he watched her. It was damn good to see her in the flesh again. Just then the bartender came back with a drink for the both of them he picked it up without a second thought and took a sip. "Missed you too Hinah, it really hasn't been the same without you."

"I don't mind all the holocalls and letters but it sure is a nice change to see you face to face."
he pondered for a moment and studied her, he knew her well enough to see the wheels turning in her mind. He wouldn't rush things though she would tell him when she was good and ready, poking Hinah would either get her flustered or him punched.

Both of Hinah's brows lofted and her smile broadened a touch. "A woman, huh?" she teased, and took the time to take a sip of her drink before she continued. "And you listened? Well, must be some woman." She listened to him as he returned her sentiment, and for a time she kept her focus on the drink in her hand. When she wasn't sipping on it, she was slowly rotating the contents around inside of the glass. A lot had changed, she had found a new place to start over, and yet it had never really felt complete without Akshae there with her.

The pair of them had been through a lot in their past, and yet they had always been side by side to get through it. So when Hinah had left and needed to reset, it had been one of the hardest things to do on her own. And that was only one of the reasons she had decided to finally step up and make this approach.

"I was tired of holocalls. It was time to meet up again, and actually see you, in the flesh." she sighed and lifted her free hand to rake her fingers through her dark locks. "I think I've kind of found my place, Akshae." she informed him, looking up from the glass now to look at him instead. "But it hasn't felt...whole without having you around too..."

If she was going to get this out, it needed to be now. That way it was done and over with, the chips could fall where they may, and it was out of the way - one way or another.

When she smiled so big about the woman comment he just shook his head and laughed a bit, she was so adorably dense at times but that was one of the many things her liked about her. Chuckling he nodded in agreement with her about the woman "Yea she's pretty amazing. Doesn't know the half of it though." he grinned, he always listened to Hinah though at times he might act like he didn't.

When the topic changed to the holocalls he smiled "Yea just isn't the same at all. Not going to lie, its been weird without you being around. But seemed like you needed time to sort some things out. I'm glad it worked out for you." as she continued to explain he quickly got the idea of what she was building up to, he could have just said yes right here but instead he played the idiot downing his glass in one quick movement before placing it gently on the bar and turned toward her. "What's on your mind Hinah? Clearly you have somethin to say."

---

Leave it to Akshae to jump straight to the point when Hinah herself was having trouble getting out the things she needed to say. She hadn't just called him here to catch up after all, though that was most definitely a large part of it. There had been no lie in what she had said about things not feeling complete in her day to day without having him around. The pair of them had literally survived the worst of things together, and it had been hard enough to step back and make her own space, much less keep it.

"I think you should come with me," she finally told him. No beating around the bush, no skirting the topic. She had called this get together to offer him a place in this new path she had taken. "This other clan is...rough around the edges to say the very least, but there is no denying that they are a clan. Craziest little group of people I've ever seen in my life. And if I'm being honest? It doesn't look like it should work, but it does."

Hinah shrugged a shoulder and gave him a long look. Her brow was pulled together, her mouth twisted to the side for just a moment, and in just that span of time she looked vulnerable. "So, what do you think?" she of course would give him time needed to consider it, but she wanted to know what he thought about it now.

She still seemed uncertain of herself or what she wanted that much had not changed, as she made her case for this clan he paid attention to her. Did he have loyalty to anyone in particular? Not really, his only real tie was already gone and now seated across from him asking him to come with her. He sat quietly while she spoke and let her finish, brown eyes watching her closely especially that little wrinkle in the brow when she asked what he thought he smirked ever so slightly.

"We're Mandalorians, aren't we all rough around the edges?" he chuckled a bit "If I'm honest HInah? The only thing keeping me there already left." he went quiet for a moment as he considered and nodded. "If you don't mind me coming with you?" he shrugged "More than happy to come with you. As I said, it hasn't been the same without you. Let's do it."

Well, his response honestly hadn't been what Hinah had been expecting. A playful argument, a lot of questions, maybe even some back and forth over pros and cons over the situation. But the brunette did not expect to be hit right in the feels with any response she was given from him. And hit hard at that. She sat still for a moment, seeming to process what was said to her as well as the way his answer made her feel.

He was right, at least from her end of things. Nothing had felt like home without him around. Not completely anyway. Hinah had been floundering for some time, doing her damndest to fit in and pull her weight with the Numeck clan, but she had mostly felt like a background force within their numbers. Not because they purposefully made her feel that way, but because all of them had their own, tight knit bonds between them. Crazy, off the wall bonds, but bonds none the less. And Hinah's had been missing all this time.

Slowly her thoughtful expression eased, a smile lifted the corners of her mouth, and she even ducked her head just a bit so that she was no longer mindlessly staring at him. "Well, I'm glad to hear it." she informed him, though her tone had softened just a touch. "It most definitely hasn't felt like home without you around, and you have no idea how happy I am to change that..."

He grinned a bit at her it was always easy to see her wheels turning when she was thinking about something. It wasn't that she was stupid, she was intelligent enough just sometimes things didn't translater correctly but most times she caught on quickly. As he watched her there was a slow change then it gave way to a realization. He had known her for a long time and knew well how she worked.

Maybe she didn't know it but she was as smart as she was beautiful, maybe one of the days he would finally tell her that, maybe but maybe that would change things too much? A problem for another day he surmised He watched her smile grow before she ducked her head. There it is, he could almost set his clock to it she always did that when she was embarrassed, and he loved it about her.

"Well see, all you had to do was buy me a couple of drinks in a fancy bar. Works out well for you doesn't it?" he winked at her as he made light of the whole thing. "In all seriousness Hinah, I agree one hundred percent. So where are these Numek guys at?"

It was surreal in a way, to have Akshae be here and agreeing to pick up the roots of his life and transplant them somewhere else with her. Hinah had not expected such an easy agreement, but perhaps she should have. The pair of them had been friends for as long as Hinah could remember, and they had always done much of everything together, as a pair, until she had needed to figure out her own path.

Now that she had done that, it only felt right to reach out and offer him a hand to walk it with her. And he chose to do exactly that.

"I am sorry it took this long for me to reach out." she told him. "Or at least, reach out this way." Its not as if they had gone totally dark, no contact all this time. But he had asked her a question, and the brunette made a soft noise in her throat in reaction. "Naboo," she answered him with a slight shake of the head. "Originally the compound was on Roon, but it was destroyed to the point that it will be easier to up and move everyone than rebuild."

Honestly Hinah didn't know how much truth there was to that statement, but she didn't argue about it either. If they wanted to move, who was she to argue or ask questions? "So, looks like our new home will be on Naboo." she mused, and tipped her cup just a little before she polished off the last of the contents inside of it.

tBlsJtV.jpg

He smiled at her it was warm and disarming as it was meant to be as he shook his head gently. "Don't apologize. You needed time I get that" he leaned back against the bar and turned his head toward her blue eyes studying her face as she spoke. Behind him the bartender slide another drink next to him with a nod over his shoulder, he took it in his hand and gently clinked the glass against hers. "Cheers, to a fresh start"

He listened to her as she spoke about the compound on Roon, personally, he didn't mind putting distance between Roon and them and Naboo wasn't exactly a typical destination for Mandalorians but hey it wouldn't be bad to be somewhere calm for once. "Naboo huh? It works for me. A little too peaceful at times maybe but sometimes a little quiet is good." he swirled the drink in his glass and knocked the entire thing back. "So when do we leave?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom