Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Sun Rises [Tmoxin and Lucien]

The Obsidian Citadel was quiet, too quiet for me. Not a lot of people would have realized what was happening there, the shift that took place, but it was happening nonetheless. Mandalorian Force Users had taken up residence and a small contingent of Mandalorian Warriors had donned black armor and the Obsidian Crest quietly this afternoon. In effect, the Order was mine now.

On my desk there were three forms. One was filled out, signatures in place and witness stamped. It was Form HX-66. The Form that removed an Archon of the Obsidian Order by Executive Decision and arranged to replaced them. The previous Archon was Missing in Action and his removal came at no surprise. The Order was leaderless already and no one cared until now.

The Second form, Form HX-16 was filled out and had my name stamped on it, it only needed the Foreman's signature. No, that was stamped on it as well. As of this moment the vast majority of the Techno Union had been privatized under one roof, into one man. It also redefined the Order's relationship with the Union. Effectively as of this moment I was an Emperor. On a whim I could enact a quiet coup of the Executive Council and establish myself as ruler. The only branch of government that wasn't under my control was the Judicial Branch, and it could be easily turned to ash by Mandalorian warriors and Obsidian Knights.

The last form was something else entirely. Something my guests would need to sign. It should come at no surprise either given the current facts of the situation. Facts that might come as a surprise to my guests as they arrived.

"Let my guests in as soon as they arrive. They haven't been told yet." I said, the man in black armor nodding, his Obsidian Crest shining blue against his black armor. Re-purposing the Darksteel Dragons for this had been simple.

[member="Tmoxin Temi"]
[member="Lucien Cordel"]

The Judicial branch lay solely in lucien's hands. Every judge in the union answered to him and on his orders they had become a whole lot harsher, every day hundreds of petty criminals went before the courts and hundreds were handed death sentences. The prisons were freed up for debtors and crime was down. Was he not just the greatest director of law ever?

His motorcade had come direct from the Union's supreme court. Lucien was not impressed, his head was throbbing he was tired and he was still dressed in his Judicial robes but when the foreman, Archon and who knows what else called the smart people answered. Lucien was a smart person. So he arrived when summoned dragging himself up the shiny black steps of the Citadel accompanied by his assistant and four of his bodyguards. Lucien was deeply paranoid afterall. He was shocked and pleased to find the citadel quite. No snotty trainees to obstruct him.

He greeted Draco's envoy with a forced nod and followed dutifully as he was led up to the highest point of the citadel, the Archon's office, by god his feet hurt. He was getting too old for stairs, he thought to himself clutching tight onto his cane. He knew better than to ask what this was about. He was there to ensure the rule of law was protected and to sign edicts. Don't ask don't argue was the standard policy in the high level politics.

He greeted Draco with a curt nod as he entered "My Lord Foreman" He greeted "My assistant Jankar" He pointed out the suit behind him.

He needed to sit down. He needed a drink , a stiff drink.

[member="Draco Vereen"]
[member="Tmoxin Temi"]

Tmoxin had trained before at the Obsidian Citadel, but it was close to the time when she became a Knight. She was a much stronger Force user now thanks to her training from Draco, although she was still a little amateur in her lightsaber forms. But soon enough she would master them and become a full-fledged Dark Jedi Master. Of course her parents, being connected with the Ni'Korish cult on Hapes, would be horrified to hear this news, but she had all but cut them and her brother out of her life awhile ago. They could catch her comings and goings on HNN if they knew where to tune in. She was often a guest on the Galaxy Financial Report.

After taking the lift to the Archon's office, she spied Lord Cordel, practically wheezing from the exercise up the stairs. "There is an elevator in the Citadel, you know," she said in an amused tone. "May I get you anything? You look like you're about to pass out." Her offer to fetch something meant she would get a droid or apprentice to do so. But she knew Lucien's taste all too well.

Flagging down a wandering Apprentice near the Archon's office, she said in her most commanding voice, "I'll have whatever alcoholic beverage that Lord Cordel is. Drinks, post haste!" Coming back into the room, Tmoxin said, "So Draco, what is this all about?"

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Lucien Cordel"]

Draco smiled as both guests entered the room, more so for Tmoxin. She was a good friend after all and Lucien was just a college because of their positions within the Techno Union government and a shared connection within it. A connection he was about to lose by signing on the dotted line. "I have old backwater world moonshine in the cabinet with some glasses. Its all I have moved to the citadel given my many, many offices at the moment." It was said with a half laugh at the end and a smile.

"At the moment, I am the Emperor of the Techno Union in effect. Something that is currently plaguing the Republic as you see. If someone, even trustworthy is given too much power they could wield it against their opposition and dispose of all rule and order they disagree with." It was true. Currently the thirty or so Mandalorians who had recently been pressed into the Order by their Clan Father and the one hundred or so Elite Special Forces that had been moved to serve the Obsidian Order were just about the only ones here, but it was more than enough to make it so given everything else at the Mandalorian Dark Jedi's disposal.

"Which is why I have asked you both hear. Its time to split up that power, but I need to ensure my interests and the interests of the Order are protected. And for that I need both of you on board for what is about to happen." His voice was serious and monotonous. Outside the two could feel the presence of several Force Sensitives moving about.

[member="Lucien Cordel"]
[member="Tmoxin Temi"]

Lucien grunted and choked a nearby bodyguard. The others did not watch, staring straight ahead. He was displeased to find that he had suffered the stairs unessesarily. Then he moved on turning with a smile to [member="Tmoxin Temi"] "It has been a long day, My Lady" He replied, by all truth it had been a long year. Too long a year.

It was merciful then that Tmoxin flagged an apprentice to demand drinks. Alcohol yes that would help "Red wine" Lucien ordered "If the Citadel lacks it, speak to a guard of mine I may have a bottle in my speeder" Then he he turned from the apprentice and followed Tmoxin into the Archons office. He was not going to drink moonshine.

Lucien listened to Draco with a scowl. It was true Draco whilst trustworthy held too much power. If he wished he could tear the threads of the union asunder. It was further true that the blight of the republics turmoil was quite the warning against abandoning a separation of powers. Outside the walls of the office forces loyal only to Draco waited. His control was undoubtable. It did not make lucien nervous however that was the way this game was played. The courts were stacked with lucien's peons, the council with Tmoxin's. Draco was by far the strongest however.

Lucien sat down as he listened to to Draco's spiel. He was handed his wine and sipped as he listened. "I agree Mr. Vereen, What do you propose ?" He replied. God could they not just get this over with.

"Backwater moonshine, eh?" Tmoxin said, wrinkling her freckled nose. "I think I'll stick with wine, Corellian whiskey or whatever those Obsidian apprentices bring around."

Tmoxin took a seat next to Lord Cordel and across from Draco. Her dear friend was almost more serious than she'd ever seen him, well except for the time when he used his Force powers on Christophsis, Hypori and even on Bothawui where he trained her on how to use Force Drain. The Mandalorian Dark Jedi was extremely ferocious when he needed to be, but that was why she valued him in all of his leadership roles. The Hapan was less worried about conflict of interest. She had come from Hapes after all where the women of the society were given all of the advantages and the men were not. To Tmoxin, the galaxy was not a fair place by any means.

"I think you're doing a fine job, Draco, but if you propose a change, then yes, I'm all ears."

Perhaps he was overstretched, even exhausted by his responsibilities.

"And I agree. We need to avoid the type of scandal that has plagued the Republic as of late."

[member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="Draco Vereen"]

The man behind the desk smiled. "I'm not proposing change. I'm doing it. There is a difference, however subtle it maybe. For starters the Obsidian Order is no longer the whipping child of every member on the Executive Council. It will now operate independently for the most part, its members allowed to sit on the EC as they please, however they will refrain from voting on matters involving the Order directly." That was only the beginning of the situation at hand. The Obsidian Order was basically being rewritten, with only loose ties to the government.

"They will also be allowed to operate with autonomy from the lesser forms of the government, with only the Council being able to hold the accountable. I've prepared a document for Lord Cordel to review that will reduce the binds of the law on the Order's members when they operate on behalf of the Order, as defined by the Archon and the Obsidian Court." Currently there was only one man on the Court, and that was Draco himself. The rest of this was simple logistics. That was the problem with nearly absolute authority. It allowed me to act as I wanted. Luckily, what I was doing was creating a checking system for my successors and relinquishing power behind me as I went.

"Also, there is this, a form which will put a number of vessels from the fleet on ice. Well, they are small fleet assets being frozen to the Techno Union and being retrieved by ArmaTech, Clan Vereen, and the Obsidian Order. If you notice, a credit transfer has already been sent through to pay for the vessels, but the Order needs a small number of ships to operate autonomously from the Union, and while I was paying, I covered my private assets as well." Paid for on the whole sale prices, but paid for nonetheless. Draco didn't need their approval, but as the next Foreman could overturn it, it was better to have their approval and knowledge on this matter.

[member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Lucien Cordel"]

Lucien tapped on the arm of his chair. A bold move to be sure. A severance of the order from the executive council, perhaps for the best it would remove the conflict of interest for members of both the order and the council. With the order accountable only to the on order members of the council it would allow greater autonomy, No doubt they would be more effective that way.

“We need to go into greater detail on the nature of the Order before the law” He replied “I need to ensure we don’t have super soldiers running around causing trouble without impunity, but we can discuss this later when we are not taking up Miss. Temi’s time” He was more than willing to slacken the confines of Law on Order members but there had to be rigid rules. There had to be checks on the orders power, mostly for when Draco retired and some new force took over.

“As for the fleet That’s outside my purview but I am happy to give my approval” Lucien wasn’t about to stand in Draco’s way on this.

[member="Draco Vereen"]
[member="Tmoxin Temi"]

Tmoxin sipped her glass of red wine. Having a drink while doing business matters made it so much more enjoyable, and luckily, when it came to alcohol, she had a Zeltron's tolerance. But unlike those pink-skinned, near-humans, she would never get woo-girl wasted. This wasn't the Red Ravens after all, nor the Hutt Cartel. The Techno Union had standards as did her Hapan sensibilities.

"I agree that decoupling the Obsidian Order from the Executive Council makes sense. As long as we can vote on security matters and have access to our military, I can support this."

She shifted in her seat, crossing her legs. "But what are you worried about, Draco? Is this move because of the Prime Minister's actions?"

[member="Darth Vulkan"] [member="Lucien Cordel"]

He raised an eyebrow at the thought, the shadow of doubt in his motives. For once they were pure. "There is the situation in the Republic that I do not wish to see happen to us. And I am tired. Just tired." Foreman, Archon, Clan Lord, CEO of a few companies, warrior, father. There were simply too many responsibilities at the moment, something needed to give before he did.

"I will be handing the day to day operations of ArmaTech off to a friend. I had considered you Tmoxin, but I don't what to overburden you." He frowned. She would have made an excellent queen of his arms empire. A shame she never felt the same way.

"I've prepared everything for you to take over the Executive Council as Forewoman in my, retirement as it were. Don't worry, I will always be but a call away to offer guidance or support if you need it. I just can't keep doing as much as I have been. I will maintain my responsibilities with the military though." He smiled at last.

"I have a daughter to see to after all, and all of these jobs have been keeping me from being active enough with her."

[member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Lucien Cordel"]

“I hope this move gives you the balance you need,” said Tmoxin. She didn’t have a daughter… her family members were basically Draco and Lucien if she had to be honest as her own parents and siblings had renounced her from the family as soon as she began working for the Sith. But still, she understood the need to distribute the responsibility.

“I know you’ve mentioned that you have a daughter before. I would certainly like to meet her. But back to the subject at hand. Thank you for the opportunity to serve as Forewoman. It’s an honor.”

Tmoxin didn’t have any grand plans to rule a planet, nor did she want to take on any other business ventures in the short term. Forewoman of the Executive Council would be a good stepping stone until the itch of ambition became something that she needed to compulsively scratch again.

[member="Darth Vulkan"] [member="Lucien Cordel"]

Balance. Draco didn't crave balance anymore. He only wanted to provide for his daughter and be able to treat her like the princess she was born to be. He smiled at Tmoxin, "Then I congratulate you and wish you the best in your endeavors as Forewoman. I am busy siphoning most of my responsibilities into trusted friends and Clansmen to free up my schedule. I no longer wish to be trapped in an office for seventy hours a week."

He sighed deeply and took a drink from the glass of moonshine in front of him. "And I would be happy to introduce you Tmoxin. You know I've always considered you family. I would have introduced you earlier, but I've just been keeping her safe and secluded during her younger years. I am sure Abigail would be delighted to meet a hapan princess like yourself." Call it paranoia, but he had lost one family that had been kidnapped and was never the same after that and had fallen apart. Since then he had made the necessary arrangements to see to it that never happened again.

Well, he had all the Ships Clan Vereen and ArmaTech needed for its considerable fleet assets. His time as Foreman was over, but he had siphoned off a lot into his personal assets, paid for of course, but without the tire of red tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom