Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Start (Seth Brackson)

Yuroic noted that Seth had taken his advice well, keeping calm during their fight even though he had not be able to come close to landing a blow. Yuroic was interested to see if he could push the boy to frustration but wasn't going to attempt it at their first meeting. It was something to observe over time as he trained Seth. When Seth charged to attack, Yuroic slid back to avoid the first strike then jumped over Seth when he spotted the second attack coming.

Taking the advantage, he kicked the back of Seth's leg to get him on one knee. Watching Seth carefully. "Your opponents might be more agile than you think." Yuroic was much more muscular than Seth but he could be just as fast and agile when he chose to be. "Need to be aware of all your surroundings and understand that you know nothing of your opponent, when you accept that, then they can't surprise you." It sounded odd but there was logic to his point he could explain if Seth wanted one.

"Did you want one more try or shall we move on?" Yuroic stood ready for either answer.

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Seth felt the sharp pain to the back of the leg. A moment after he felt himself hit the ground. While he grimaced slightly from the strike. Though his mentor's words drew his attention before he could dwell too long upon his error this time. Seth slowly got himself back up and readied himself in response to Yuroic. "Please explain that logic. It makes some sense.. Though at the same time. It confuses me." He admitted. Seth was contemplating how to approach now. It seemed the more he adapted the more his mentor seemed to have a response for his transitions. Seth expected this to an extent. He was going up against a highly trained fighter. Though it didn't stop him from wanting to adapt more, understand more, improve more.

Part of him had a burning desire to at this all evening. Though his mentor said one more try. Seth figured that was what the man meant. The strike did have it's toll on Seth and he was sweating at this point. Seth knew he had limits. Though at the same time he had self expectations. If he was allowed another try he was going to take it. Success or failure were the only two outcomes, and either way. Seth would either learn from jt, or he'd repeat the error till he did figure it out.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Seth asked for clarity. "Everything you've learnt about how I fight here is wrong. I've shown how I am fast, smart and graceful in dodging, but you wouldn't know how to figbt me when I had a weapon, or when my life depended on this. My fighting style end up being different. So, assume to know nothing about a stranger and you won't be surprised."

Yuroic watched as Seth was showing signs of fatigue. "No matter how much you study the fighting style of an opponent or learn their tactics, they will do something unconventional when backed into a corner. Play their wildcard. If you think you know them, you will get arrogant, or reckless. Get stunned by them and then lose." Yuroic paused. "The Sith, The Ren and our other enemies, it's hard to predict them. Dangerous to try."

Yuroic stood firm and waited for Seth's next attack, able to see the intent in the boy's eyes.

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Seth nodded his head as he listened. He had a question for another moment. Maybe a time when he wasn't trying to focus on a strike. Accept he knew nothing about his opponent. Seth listened to the reasoning why. It made sense. The more he tried to pinpoint his mentor's strengths and weaknesses. The more his mentor proved him wrong. Seth couldn't trust in tactics. He had none that his mentor apparently couldn't figure out and counter.

Seth closed off his mind. His emotion and simply tapped into the flow of the force. He centered he opened his senses to his environment. The angles. The terrain. What he had available to himself. What could be used against him. He listened to his mentor's breathing and instead of looking at a specific part of him. Did his best to scope in the whole picture. Then Seth struck with a jab. Towards the right thigh of his mentor. His follow up was instead of a second swing of his sword. Seth went for a kick. Not a wild one he kept it controlled. Though he wanted to mix his strikes up from his blade. He might not know how his mentor would respond to the strike. Though he could control his actions, and hoped his instincts would guide him from his mentor's next position. After all. His instructions was to vaguely land a strike. Sure a kick would not kill, though it would open the opponent up to a follow through strike if it landed.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic could tell that Seth had a question but he allowed the boy to ask when he felt ready, not pry it out of him. Instead he noted that his Padawan was understanding his point. Yuroic had been able to best the untrained boy at every turn. Not surprising to himself, and he doubted surprising to Seth, but he was doing it while demonstrating how complex a fighter he could when they actually fought.

The jab was aimed for his thigh, the low angle of attack helped Yuroic slide his right leg behind his left, putting him at a right angle to Seth. The kick was controlled but Yuroic grabbed it by Seth's ankle. He lifted the leg up and aimed to knock Seth off balance and onto the ground. Placing his boot on top of Seth's chest afterward. "We're done for today I think. You need to rest and get situated. Gather your belongings and I will show you your quarters." Yuroic stated as he lifted his boot.

He was impressed at Seth's potential, it was going to take time though, like it did with himself. "You may ask your question now if you want." Yuroic stated.

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Seth stared up at the sky for a bit. Well. Least it was a lovely view. Laying here on his back. A bit sore from yet another botched attempt. He was determined to land a strike some day. As it was clear today was no such day.

Seth stood and nodded his head softly. "Right.. I think I determined the answer to that question in the last few moments of the session. However, a new one did arise from it." Seth expressed and hummed. "Out of curiosity. Is there a form of unarmed combat, designed to counter a skilled lightsaber wielding force user?" Seth expressed curiously. His mentor of course was reacting to Seth right now unarmed, though had Seth been more experienced with the blade and forms. Would his mentor still be able to keep pace unarmed? What if someone with an expertise in a form came about?

Seth himself wasn't sure why he was curious about it. Though none the less. He guessed it would be good knowledge. The more practices and forms of combat. Seth could place under his experience. The more prepared he could become in different circumstances. Plus. He guessed he couldn't be certain he would have a lightsaber on him at all times.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic watched Seth studying the sky with a smirk. He had found himself when he first arrived royally beaten by another Padawan who had years of combat experience on him. It was amusing to think back on those days, he had no skill in a weapon and just stubbornness not to give up trying. Lead to a lot of bruises but was a powerful motivator to train harder and be better. Now he was an expert in Niman, longest Lightsaber Form to master.

Crossing his arms and listened to Seth explain his new question that formed in his mind. "Hand to hand combat is important to know, you might not always have your Lightsaber, it might have been stolen, lost or damaged. It might be you are in a situation where you can't use it. Learning hand to hand combat is crucial, however, it is dangerous to try and use it when the enemy is swinging a Lightsaber at you. One false move and you could lose a limb or your life. Better to have a weapon that can cope with duelling against a Lightsaber." Yuroic explained.

Yuroic opened a door to the indoors to the Temple to find Seth a good Padawan quarters to sleep in.

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom