Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Start (Seth Brackson)

It was a bright morning. Yuroic had been asked to take on a new Padawan, he was interested in seeing this new Force User's potential and give him all the experience he could. Both about the Force and in life in general. A new Padawan always had his stomach in butterflies, however seeing them grow as people was a delight, he was most proud of Asaraa, she had become quite the Jedi. Much better than he ever was at her age.

Donning his loose jeans, white or cream top and his leather jacket with a hood, Yuroic wandered through the halls of the Order. The traditional robes and look could be intimidating if not dated as a sense of style. He wanted to show that Jedi wore casual clothes and didn't need to stand out. Blending into their environment was just as crucial. Yuroic stepped into the training sands and looked around.

It was easy to remember his Padawan days, training under Arisa, she was the closest he got to a parent and he missed her daily. He was glad to have the memories of her back, the training and lessons she taught were always a comfort for him. Yuroic hoped one day someone would think of him like that.

For now, Yuroic stood waiting patiently for his new Padawan to arrive.

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Seth was a bit in a controversial status. He'd been a member of the jedi order.. When he was really young. Before his first master's teachings had been viewed, as too corrupt. Which had lead to a series of unfortunate events. Which had left the now 19 year old man. With a slight bit of dillema. He had come to trust the ways of the streets, more so than the ways of any order, or even the force for that matter.

Though a month, or so ago. Seth had landed on Devaron. After having experienced a calling to the system. There he did indeed find what he was being guided to. It was time for him to seek a new mentor. Bury his past and be reborn, and properly trained in the ways of the force. Beyond the basics that he had established mostly through self training. Seth's force potential was raw, unshaped, but powerful. This being most evident at the times, Seth reached his emotional limits, and tapping into the darkside intent on destruction.

Though now the man. Was upon Kashyyyk. Under the wing of a branch of jedi once more. For this was the path he had been guided to. He walked along to the training field. Where he spotted [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] standing in the sands. In casual attire. Seth meanwhile was dressed up in a forest green hooded robe and midnight blue pants, with black combat boots. His force imbued staff on his back and his meditation rocks hid in their compartments up his sleeves. He approached, and studied the man. "So.. I've come to apparently learn from you." Seth spoke straight to the point.

The boy entered the room, a similar age to when Yuroic had joined the Order. He was draped robes, it was interesting to see. When Yuroic had been a smuggler and travelled he wore dirty and cheap clothing, only due to his Master had he made the change in his look and dress sense. The boy was slightly shorter than himself and much thinner, it reminded Yuroic of when he first arrived, he was thin to crawl through vents and explore areas that were off limits, or would be off limits in his mind.

His arms crossed his chest as Yuroic studied the boy, he was assessing areas that would be best suited and what type of Jedi or Force User this boy would become. It was difficult to say for the moment but a base would be for their future training. It seemed that Seth was not eager or revealing any real emotions about meeting Yuroic so that was something to consider. There was a possible unsuccessful mentors in the past that failed the boy. It was how Yuroic was when he was first here, distrustful of everyone.

"Apparently. Depends on if you are prepared to go through a rigorous training routine that will push you to what you are capable of. It will also be crucial for you to learn life skills as not everything can be countered with the Force. Survival training and physical training to get your body in the peak fitness begins from tomorrow morning." Yuroic stated matter of fact tone. "For now, tell me what you know, what skills you have."

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Seth listened intently to what the man said. In regards to what training he should expect. While he thought about what skills he had. "Well, to be honest. Most of my skills are better suited for the streets. I can be mildly persuasive, am a decent observer, and scavenger. Despite my attire I am both capable of social stealth, and other means to conceal my presence. As well as I have developed a fair bit of intuition, and am rather quick.. In several means of the term." He expressed as he seemingly materialized his meditation stones from out of his sleeves.

"Skills aside from that. I know how to channel the force for basic telekinetic applications." He followed up from hovering his staff from his back and gripping it in his left hand. "As well as my mentor taught be the basics of how to use my staff. Though really did not extend my knowledge beyond that for combat." Seth completed. While he placed one end of the staff on the ground. Watching the man now that he had expressed where he skills were placed. While he watched the man.

He knew his skill set was not the most impressive. Though he guessed that was why he was here for training. He needed to broaden his views of the world, and skills within it. To be of better use in a broader range of skills. It would be helpful to himself, and helpful to his causes. The very few of them that existed.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic studied the boy closely as he nodded his head. It wasn't a long list of skills but that made it believable. Some were arrogant to attempt to deceive their Masters by overselling their skills. He knew what skills Seth had they were real. However, he was not as stealthy as he might have thought. "No Force User would be deceived by social stealth, you have a connection with the Force and that connection is a unique signature." Yuroic warned as he wandered to the side and picked up a training saber. "You will need this as your staff won't deal much damage to a fully armoured Sith when you face one. I will teach you how to become truly stealthy if you wish that area of training."

He could see the boy becoming a Jedi Shadow in the future. "However, that will come down the line. First, we will cover basics, such as reading, writing as well as melee combat training, weapons training, hand to hand and of course the Force." Yuroic was thorough in his training. "In time, you will speak several languages, pick locks, pilot a ship and know how to survive in the wild." Yuroic crossed his arms as he allowed the boy to absorb all the information he stated.

"For now, we can get started on something basic. Tell me what you wish to start with." Yuroic wasn't a dictator and allowed his Padawans a lead on where they wanted to learn, there were things they had to learn but he did not believe they could choose when to learn things as long as he thought them ready for the training.

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Seth meanwhile was keeping a keen eye on [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]. Observing and listening. While he fidgeted with his meditation stones in his off hand. Holding his staff in his right after a short moment. When his future mentor picked up. What to Seth merely seemed like another stick. He looked to his staff. Then the weapon and quirked an eyebrow. Trying to figure out what the major difference was between his weapon, and the one Yuroic was showing to him. Then it dawned on him that the weapon Yuroic had resembled more of a blade. It was likely a training weapon for a lightsaber. Seth wasn't necessarily stupid, he just lacked an understanding of certain aspects of jedi training.

When Yuroic listed what skills Seth would learn from him, and what his expectations were. Seth bowed his head towards the end. To indicate he had been following along. "I would appreciate learning the skills to ensure my stealth is at peak performance. Thank you for the insight about the force signature." Seth expressed as he had to rethink his skill set for the time being. "As for where I would like to begin. I understand the force, only through the use of it as a tool, and a very basic one at that.. The most I have ever done with it. Was ragdoll an individual or two.. And those moments had only been out of severe emotional distress." Seth expressed. Deciding that being honest with his new mentor. Was probably going to be the best path for the man to understand how to help train him.

"You mentioned we carry a force signature. So, I guess I would like to work by understanding what the force is, and how it works in correlation to what we can do, and what the extent of it's applications are. Then I would really appreciate getting some lumps, so I can actually begin learning combat. All the forms which you are willing to pass knowledge onto me." Seth expressed. He was mildly sarcastic about looking forward to getting smacked around. Though at the same time. It was him acknowledging. That in order to survive a fight for your life, it was best to get beat up in a training environment. Learn from your mistakes. Until you knew enough to at least avoid the lumps, and ideally begin handing them out instead.

In a sense it was much like living off the streets. You learned from the failures that didn't kill you, so you might be more successful in circumstances where mistakes might end your life. Everything Seth was discovering was about timing. Like his view on bluffing. Bluffing was a sport of timing. A poor liar could place a good bluff if they knew when to place one onto the table. Traits like impressive deception and environmental circumstances. Were merely icing on the cake. Right now Seth figured the timing was best placed as. Gaining an understanding about the force, before he worked on training in skills within the force.

Yuroic smiled as he listened to what Seth wished to learn. The boy seemed to want to understand the Force more before starting anything physical, it was not surprising. Fighting was a skill anyone could learn but the Force was only available to some and using that power was what made a Jedi or a Sith. Looking around, he shook his head. "No, if we do a lesson on the Force this isn't the atmosphere."

Gesturing that Seth follow him, Yuroic guided the younger man from the training sands which were perfect for combat training. Through the hallways, they arrived to a lush garden that was filled with plants and occasional animal less timid to the Jedi presence. Yuroic guided Seth through the gardens to a secluded spot where they would not be disturbed. "Here is where we will learn about the Force unless we travel outside the Temple and explore Kashyyyk. Take a seat and place your weapons aside."

Yuroic sat down and closed his eyes. "The Force is energy, a lifeform, that flows through all of us. Even animals and plants, if you close your eyes you and open your mind and feel the Force flowing, breathing life, in death and in everything. Accessing this power is not easy at first but eventually you will be using it without thought."

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Seth blinked as his new mentor in the works. Decided that the training sands was ill suited for the first lesson. Seth shrugged and tagged along with the man. Trusting that the teacher knew what was best. It was kind of how these relationships tended to work. Don't get it wrong. Seth was sure in time he too might pass on some level of wisdom through to [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]. If only from the ways in which his mentor might observe Seth adapting to his teachings. Learning what worked and what would not work with Seth.

When they got to the gardens. Seth was a bit perplexed with the assortment of herbs here. Finally they arrived at a place. It would be hard for them to be disturbed at. Seth nodded his understanding this would be the place they would train in the teachings of the force. Well aside from travelling outside of the enclave to explore the world around them. Seth followed the lead and instructions of his mentor.

Setting aside his weapons. As well as the meditation stones for now. Seth sat upon the ground. Watching his teacher and intently listening. Seth did have questions that emerged from his mentor's explanation. Though he placed them on hold at his mentor's directions. Instead closing his eyes as Yuroic did, and trying his best to focus.

Like promised it did not come like clockwork. In fact at first the only thing Seth succeeded at was sharpening his senses. To an extent the pounding wings of a nearby insect was starting to get on his nerves. Seth's hand twitched as he supressed the urge to act upon his frustration. Though soon an idea came to mind. Seth listened to the wings and slowly got their rhythm. Each lowering and rising action held a unique beat.

Seth focused on this beat and began to internalize what his mentor had stated. An energy flowing through all things. Seth concentrated into seeing what lied behind the sounds. Soon enough he felt the beating of the wings. Then began to see the small creature which he moments ago wanted to smack. It wasn't the most impressive in regards to design. Though in it's functions.. Seth realized that it held it's own charm to it. Every action the insect made had intent, and though it did not hold years of experience in it. It held generations of being sculpted to function as synchronized as it was.

Seth then looked deeper and did indeed observe the slightest needle prick of energy floating within it. This energy was not foreign to Seth in fact it was much the same to what flowed through him. Only on a significantly smaller scale. Seth was starting to regret wanting to kill the insect only on the principle of mild annoyance earlier. Then suddenly a snap and Seth jumped as the little creature suddenly ceased to be. The energy didn't fizzle out. No.. It was absorbed into something who's signature in them was sharper than the bugs had been. Seth opened his eyes and turned to the direction where the bug had met it's demise. Tilting his head at the little lizard that scurried off. "So.. Is all living things a conduit to the force, or are they a byproduct of the force?" He finally asked Yuroic.

Yuroic watched as Seth perceived through his minor annoyance, it was something to note. The speed at which Seth got annoyed was not good as things were only going to get more difficult and a mind that could keep calm was a mind that would be able to push through the difficult challenges. It was good to see Seth calmed quickly once he started focusing and there was hope that this would be the way Seth would progress. Yuroic leaned back and watch Seth closely, observing his new student taking it all in, even the death of the insect which had him flinching.

When he asked Yuroic whether living beings were a byproduct or a conduit, Yuroic didn't answer straight away. "Different minds would see different answers to your question. Some might say that the Force cannot survive without us and we cannot survive without it, at least not to our full potential. Some say that the Force was here before us, molded us and set us on the path we're on now. Others believe that the Force is just a power, one that we can grasp, bend to our will and control." Yuroic explained in full detail. "None of these answers are right or wrong, just mere viewpoints on a power we do not fully understand."

Yuroic studied the boy. "I believe that there is more to know with the Force than anyone knows. However, I believe that the Force has a symbotic with us. That we benefit from its influences and it lives due to us." It was this perception of the Force that dissuaded him from the path of the Dark Side. The Sith were too convinced that the Force would be bent to their will but it never felt like that with Yuroic.

"Now close your mind, reach out with the Force and attempt to lift the rocks surrounding us. Calm and collected, don't rush to your frustrations and emotions." Yuroic watched and waited.

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Seth studied his teacher while the man gave his response. This lead to a bit more confusion. Of which Seth decided he needed to think about what the force was to him. Of course at moments surviving wasn't at the forefront of his agenda. Like.. Well honestly now would be a good moment. That was until [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] handed him a task to accomplish with very clear and specific limitations to what Seth could not resort to as a means to achieve his goal. "All the rocks?" He inquired more so in a rhetorical context. Seth nodded his head some alright.

Sounded easy enough to be honest. A utility application of the force. In fact he had even begun lifting the rocks closest to them, and then it began to extend out like a web. It didn't even seem to cause the slightest bit of strain to Seth, and that was without him tapping into emotion. Though he wasn't quite lifting the larger rocks, and the field was still relatively close. It placed into perspective what Seth might be able to display when he was fueling his gifts with emotion.

When then Seth recalled the life force that had been in the creatures. Then to the explanation Yuroic had provided, and suddenly the rocks landed back onto the ground. As Seth came to a quiet realization at how he so naively utilized the force. This.. Application of seeing it as a means to acquire a goal. Seemed like a violation to the principles that were behind it. It was so much larger, and deep in context. Here he was so easily taking it for granted. If he could do that so easily to things like the rocks, what was stopping him from so easily applying it to life? What would the consequences of those applications be? Seth was a survivalist, though he did care for life around him.

This sudden internalization set him off balance. He struggled to find a grounds to set his mind upon. To complete his task without it seeming like such a blatant disregard for what it was. Seth was uncertain and was about to express this through frustration. His force signature gradually spiking to match this. When he recalled his instructions, realized he had been holding a breath and slowly exhaled. His mood stabilizing, and force signature balancing out.

Seth seemed in a balance between his emotions, and trying to respect his instructions. As occasionally a rock or two would wobble about them. Seth trying to find out what the force was to him, and how best to co-operate with it to accomplish his task now. Soon the meditation stones beside him and probably without intention. His staff beside him began to hover and spin counter clockwise. While Seth grasped something familiar as a means to remain calm. "I apologize.. Please give me a moment. I wish to focus, and find a center." Seth expressed. Seth was not going to give up on the task of moving all the rocks. In fact the more Seth considered the relationship he had in connection to the force.

The new found knowledge lead to him once more gradually lifting the rocks. It was more of a struggle as they did wobble and occasionally drop. Though it was almost certainly in regards to the confrontation of his ideology, and trying to let go of his emotions that was the trouble. Than the actual process of lifting them. Though if Seth had to struggle all day, and night, for however long it took. To accomplish his goal, and to do so in a state of serenity. Seth was going to remain steadfast to the task.

Watching patiently, Yuroic was curious to see how well Seth was up for the task. It was vague request on purpose. Lifting a single rock could be major or minor in task, Yuroic struggled lifting objects when he first arrived. His mind too distracted by other things to feel the Force, however, whenever he was training, his mind almost instantly bonded with the Force helping his movements. It was due to his mind becoming freed from distraction when combat training, in time he learnt how to use this ability in general. Yuroic wanted to test Seth's capability, he was interested in seeing how much the boy could do.

When rocks started moving up, little by little, Yuroic gave away nothing of what he thought, his focus was set on Seth, seeing how the boy was coping. Setting your emotions aside is difficult, no one can master a skill like that first time. It took years for Yuroic to be able to do so and then he went down the path of a Grey Jedi, learning how to use his emotions, able to tap into the Dark Side without becoming corrupted like the Sith. First he had to learn the Light Side though and embrace the Light Side. It takes a certain willpower to refuse the Dark Side, either fully or in part. When the rocks fell, he could sense the battle inside Seth's mind. Fighting years of survival instinct against what Yuroic stated.

"No need to apologise. This is your first lesson, I wasn't expecting you to master this, I know I haven't yet. I can do it but mastering your emotions takes years of practice. Seth, you had years of surviving on your emotions and instincts, they are good instincts. However, you need to also learn to close your mind, think practical and logical." Yuroic explained in a neutral tone. "No Jedi here is without emotion, no Jedi here has never used the Force without emotions at some point in their life. In dire times, it is needed. However, you also need to at one with yourself, centered and in the moment. Don't think, just feel. Feel the earth beneath you, the life, the weight of the rocks around us. The Force flowing around them, grab at that Force and lift the rocks. Your emotional connection can lead you down a dark path, I can teach you that path but you need to learn control and embrace the Light Side first. I need to see you capable of resisting the temptation to fall to the Dark Side, to the false promises of power and the corruption of Sith."

Yuroic was firm on this. He was willing to teach Seth all he knew but Seth needed to learn when Yuroic could trust he was ready, not when Seth wanted to learn these things. "Now, feel the Force. Let go of your emotions, just feel what is around you. Be in the present, do not dwell on your emotions. Once you have done this then we shall train your body. Combat is not all about hitting, the Jedi have Forms, a sort of dance. Elegant and beautiful to watch but deadly when used correctly. No matter how sneaking you think you are, you will always need to fight an opponent, sometimes they will be bigger and stronger than you, others won't be."

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Seth listened to Yuroic and nodded. Don't dwell in the past. That was a hard notion to get through. Though one he needed to undergo to find himself. Seth started by focusing on the feeling of his breath. It was simple and it was close. As he lowered the stones and the staff. Ready to try to let go of the burden. If even just for a time. Seth occasionally stumbled as he pushed to try and get past the instincts to keep his guard up, stick to what he knew, and survive.

Though soon a soft sigh of resignation escaped. Not giving up on the task. Though coming to terms this was a new life, a new moment, and a stepping stone to a new tomorrow. He couldn't remain in a stasis. Neither that nor could he trust in his emotions to guide his every action. Instincts served their purpose. Though so to did peace of mind, and clear thoughts. Seth reached out and began seeking the flow once more. The force within the ground and all about him. As he realized how smooth it moved along. Like a gentle stream. This flow was peaceful. Though it was also malleable.

Seth then began to just move the rocks. Shaping the energy into a new form. He wasn't forceful or trying to rush it. He was just giving it guidance to flow on a different course. He didn't think as he did this. Just directed. Soon enough the rocks around them began to lift once more. This time in a much more stable manner. Seth didn't bother to open his eyes. He did not need to sense them with his eyes. The force was showing him what was around him. If only for the moment, Seth saw the way the force, and him were equally involved in the task. One could not accomplish this without the other.

Seth had lifted at least half a dozen nice sized rocks by the point. He began to show sweat. As he exhaled a final time and lowered the rocks. He opened his eyes and looked to [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] pausing a moment. "My mind is a little clearer towards what the Force is. At least what it is to me. I do not even come close to understanding it. Though, I did see it, I felt it, and for the moment I harmonized." He expressed in a much calmer manner. Seth knew there would be trials ahead. He might even fall into old habits at times. He was only on the first step towards a better path. Though now Seth had Seen the path which his mentor had directed him upon, and Seth was aware that was the course he'd need to follow. Whenever he was out of synch. He would need to find his center to act by the feeling of the force, and not by the feeling of his mind. Irregardless of however, difficult accepting that surrender might be.

Watching Seth, the boy focused in on himself, removing all the distractions from his mind. Yuroic didn't need to pry this information from Seth, it was easy to read like a book. It was something that Yuroic would need to teach Seth, blocking his mind from others, stopping people reading his thoughts and feelings. While some felt it freeing to allow their thoughts and feelings to be sensed by others, a lot wanted to keep things personal. Especially when they are a private like Seth clearly seemed to be.

As his mind cleared from thoughts and emotions, he found harmony in the Force, the movement of the rocks around them was done with more fluid motion. Yuroic was interested seeing how quickly Seth was picking up on his instructions. Proof he was an excellent teacher, at least that was how Yuroic was taking it. When the exertion of the task became too great, Seth dropped the rocks and calmed his body. It was surprising how much using the Force could wear a person out, it was mental drain as much as a physical one at times. Specially when olening yourself up to your emotions.

Listening to the connection Seth felt to the Force brought a smile to Yuroic's face. He remembered the first time he felt truly connected to the Force it was truly a unique feeling. "The Force you connected to then is described as the Living Force, that's because it is living among us. One with us, almost an entity of its will. Though some believe differently, that there is no Living Force, however, I am glad that you felt that connection. In time it will strengthen and you will be able to do things you can't even imagine being able to do now."

Yuroic rose to his feet with ease, hand extended to help Seth up to his feet as well. "I will teach you how to see through the Force, it won't be perfect and never as good as a Mirialan but you won't be blind when you can't see with your eyes. Healing your body is important as well, I can show you many non-combative aspects of the Force. For all the Sith claims of power and control over the Force, they seem to forget it can be used in non-aggressive manner."

Yuroic let Seth ponder on those comments for a moment. "Time to head back to the sands, time for training. What are you more comfortable with, one-handed weapon, two-headed or dual wielding? Choose carefully as it will decide the path of your combat training and Lightsaber or Lightsabers." Yuroic commented, he was always a fluid user of all three. Able to move from one style to another but so was his mentor, who taught all of his initial combat knowledge to him.

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Seth followed along while he listened once more. As Yuroic advised and guided. Seth then looked to him at the question he posed. He almost instinctively spoke two handed. Though caught himself while he frowned some. The question seeming to cause him a moment to think. While he tagged along beside his mentor. Seth glanced to the training saber he had been giving and tested it's weight and balance. Getting a feel for how it would handle the best he could.

Then he set it aside and took his staff getting a feel in comparison to that. Then did his best to try and imagine the feel for two swords in his hands. Thinking and calculating what the pros and cons to it would be. Before finally Seth seemed to furrow his brows in confusion. "May I honestly state. That I've only ever used my staff, and my skills never went beyond the basics. Though I do not feel I have the proper experience to make an educated decision for any single path. I do like the balance of the single handed blade. It is oftly comfortable. Though would it be possible to try a single handed weapon first, though gain combat experience in all forms, and make a decision once I have found the form that I seem to synchronize with most naturally?" Seth expressed as his looked to his mentor.

Seth did not want to jump to a conclusion. Based off only knowing the basics of staff fighting. If he found himself struggling in later applications of a two handed weapon. Then he made a mistake, and would only be hindering himself. Yet, he wouldn't also be making a wise choice. Saying he was most natural with something he hadn't handled before. Even if it felt more comfortable based off balance and weight.

Plus, should Seth find himself needing to utilize a different type of weapon. In a dire circumstance. Having an idea the basics of how to utilize them would come in handy. Even if he settled on a different type of weapon as his preferred style. [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic nodded as he understood the inexperience of Seth all too well. It was find to not know where he wanted to go at that moment but Yuroic was curious to see if there was something that called out to him. "I figured you might want to try all three, however, combat is all about trusting your instincts. This isn't Force training, here you need to train so much that you don't even need to think about when to dodge or how to parry an oncoming attack. You just do it. So, that's why I asked you, your gut feeling was a single blade, I doubt you will change that. For me, I was indecisive, I saw merits and cons in all three."

Yuroic reached behind and pulled out his Lightsaber. "So I constructed a Lightsaber to be all three." Igniting a single blade, he swung it around a bit before igniting the opposite blade, twirling his two handed weapon. Finally, Yuroic grabbed the Lightsaber in both hands, twisted the hilt and listened for the whispered click. Pulling the two sabers apart to reveal them as separate Lightsabers. "However, this came at a great cost. I had to spend longer learning to fight in all three styles, I had triple the workload and it took longer to master."

For Yuroic, it was worth the effort, but Seth was not him. No matter how similar their upbringings seem. Switching the blades off, he placed them away and watched Seth closely. "Today, we are starting training with Form 1. Every Jedi, Sith, whatever they may be, learns this Form. It is the first Form a person masters. I will teach you how to fight soldiers with blasters, Mandos, Dark Side users with single Lightsaber, double and two blades."

"For now, try to hit me."

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Seth nodded his head in understanding. He might suprise Yuroic. Though if this was a test of instincts. Then he could not argue. The single blade was what initially called out to him. It wouldn't stop him however from eagerly learning all his teacher would be willing to teach Seth about other areas of the blade work. Such as double, and dual wielding. "I feel having a fair knowledge of all areas will benefit me in some aspects. It would leave me in a position where no matter what I find myself using, I will never be without an idea how to defend myself." Seth expressed to his teacher.

When [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] showed him his personal lightsaber. Seth widened his eyes a little bit. A certain shimmer of fascination and curiosity. Hitting them as he studied how fluently it went from a single blade, to a double blade, and then parted so he could dual wield them. "I wasn't even aware those existed." Seth muttered in a state of pure intrigue. Though he soom got over it. He understood what his mentor meant. Mastering three different weapons was an exceedingly complicated task. Seth needed to go by his instincts. So, if he came to the point that specializing in a specific field was what his body responded to best, then he would follow that path.

Seth set aside his staff and training stones. Then felt the weight of the training saber once more. While he studied Yuroic. Seth was agile. Though he was also aware he was not trained, nor necessarily pinpoint accurate. Accuracy and experience would come in time. For now he needed to focus on the motions, and feeling the flow of the blade. Avoid over confidence. He made that mistake once before.

Once Seth moved into his efforts. He dropped the process of thinking to a minimal. He went for a jab towards the left hip of his mentor. Testing his speed. While shooting instinctively for something that wasn't smack dab center, while also holding a fair bit of mass, increasing the chances Seth might land something. While he made his strike Seth was already trying to analyze his follow through based on the reaction his mentor gave. Of course Seth's footing and such were barely acceptable, his stance untrained, and the strike itself wasn't fluid. Though it was going to be a learning curve.

Yuroic waited patiently as Seth placed his equipment aside. "After this, we'll get you some quarters so you can put your things away." Yuroic stated as he held his hands behind his back. He wanted to see what attacking style Seth had. Most people never really learn to block when they aren't being trained. Seeing how Seth would attack without training would guide Yuroic on what path Seth was more naturally adaptive to.

This was all for later training. Shii-Cho was Form 1 and it helped mold newcomers into understanding what was demanded from them in Jedi Lightsaber Forms. Watching Seth test his grip on the Lightsaber, Yuroic smiled before he observed the attack that Seth gave. It was a good first try, abeit nothing that Yuroic couldn't see as obvious. At the final moment, Yuroic glided to the side and avoided the attack with ease.

"Too obvious." Yuroic stated, his leg kicked out to trip Seth from behind. "Your legs are there to keep you upright. Make sure they are grounded, firm. Need to stand strong." Yuroic commented as he stepped away from Seth and stood with his hands behind his back. "Now, try to attack me. Don't hold back."

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Seth was up not long after he hit the ground. While his stance adjusted to a more firmer one like Yuroic suggested. Seth eyed his mentor, then warily went with what looked like a much similar strike towards his mentor's diaphragh. Though mid jab Seth adapted and twisted enough to redirect the momentum to a slash towards the left shoulder of [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]. Taking his mentor's words to be less obvious to heart.

Seth's footing moved with the strike. Though stayed stable as he went to check how his mentor responded. Ready to respond to a counter and an evade more fluently. As Seth used the rotation of the slash to try and bring him back to a ready stance. On the off chance he connected he would use the change in momentum to circle back to a prepared position, only counter to what the follow through would be like.

Seth might not have experience. Though he did pick up on adapting, and learning things more naturally then some. Being quick physically was only as helpful as one could demonstrate in speed of thought. Seth didn't trust he'd so easily be allowed to land a strike. Though it wouldn't deter him from remaining vigilant towards the task. Till he was unable to continue from fatigue, injury, or his mentor decided Seth had enough experience to work off for the next lesson. On the off chance Seth did land a strike he'd merely consider it a first step on a long journey.

What Seth liked most about this weapon choice. Was it was less constricting than his staff had been. Allowing for techniques like redirection with just a simple spin of his wrist. As Seth followed through one way or another. Seth moved his footing and turned his body to keel his mentor in front of him so he didn't loose track of the man's next move.

Yuroic watched as Seth picked himself up. The boy seemed to have taken what Yuroic had said in. His stance was stronger though far from perfect and there was more forethought into the next attack. Yuroic was curious to see how Seth would approach the next attempt, would be hold back or go for a feint. Perhaps he was slightly more arrogant than Yuroic perceived and would just keep going till he was exhausted and Yuroic left without a mark.

Watching, initially it seemed that Seth was going with the same attack, however there were glances to his left shoulder. Sliding his left foot behind his right, Yuroic turned his body on the side, the feint jab and slash to the left missing wildly. Noting the change in attacking style, Yuroic shook his head sternly. "Never go from jab to a slash, much to obvious in that style of switch. Better to go from a high slash to a lower one or vice versa. Aim to jab in one area then jab in another, that is fine. But never switch from jab to slash."

"Also, watch where your eyes look, they reveal much. An opponent like an Echani or one trained in Echani fighting would have seen that before you could even start. Only reveal where you want to attack in a feint when it is too late for them to block." Yuroic stood in front of Seth once more. "Try to hit me once more."

[member="Seth Brackson"]

This time Seth locked eyes with Yuroic. By now he'd a relative idea where his mentor's body was in comparison to his own. "Yes, sir." Seth expressed in a calm but focused tone. Seth took more time in his strike. This time circling the area as he worked on his footing. Making sure he was mobile though able to stand firm should his mentor check him again. Seth gave a few rotations of the blade between the left and the right sides. Keeping them close should he need to defend for some reason. Mostly to keep his blade in motion so when he made his next attack he wouldn't of been so static to simply follow the direction of the blade.

Seth then chose upon the left shoulder again. Using the momentum of the blade. Seth kept his eyes om his mentor's. Then went for a quick and controlled slash. Coming at a slight downward angle. As he repeated the rotation. Though this time Seth also did a follow up to the right side of his mentor. Should the left strike prove a futile attempt. The second stroke at a centered angle towards the waist, though then shot up towards the arm. As he tracked how he mentor moved the best he could without trying to reveal how he wanted to strike.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom