Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A New Point of View

119703f635eb91dbc0143f0d70d98685.jpg

Dressel
This wasn't good. Kahlil held his hands up with a nervous smile plastered on his face as a rather angry Trandoshan stood in his face. "You damn sssssmooth sssskinsss! You're going to pay for my drink! After you lick the one you sssspilt on my sssshoesssss!" Right. This was really not good. Kahlil had come here to find another place to relax after he was found on Naboo. A place he could enjoy nature without the threat of assassin or Sith. At the rate this was going, he'd have no hope in making this place his home. If he fought, or this escalated anymore, he'd be seen. If the police brought him in for questioning after a fight who knows who'd find out.

So, Kahlil did the one thing he knew how to to deescalate. Mind trick. It'd be pretty simple. Reach out to his mind and convince him it's his idea that they forget about this and let Kahlil buy him a new drink. What could go wrong?

Palm-Imer Palm-Imer

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ
Objective: Stop a confrontation.
Equipment: Staff.
Wearing: Outfit.
Tagging: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble
Dressel had been one of the more enjoyable places she had been to so far. The fields were vast and the forests plentiful, she imagined this was what Geminidae would look like if it lacked its mountains, although she wouldn't change them for anything in the universe. It held a different type of beauty, but beauty none the less, and its hills and plains were almost magical in the eyes of someone who was used to cliffs, caves and rugged terrains. After a long day of exploring and observing the ways of daily living in this mid-rim planet, she had decided to stop at a bar for a well deserved drink. She sat alone at a booth, her staff resting next to her against the wall.​
The people of Dressel were mostly calm and easy-going, but tensions were bound to arise everywhere from time to time. Apparently she hadn't received the kindness of not being around on the day they decided to do so. Her amber gaze fell on the back of a man, she would have been confident in calling in a human had he not been so unusually tall. Although she could not see him as well, she could hear the angry threats of a Trandoshan directed at the silver haired individual. This was very surprising to her, due to their unique behavioral skills it was hard to picture two geminians causing a fuss over such a minor offense. It all seemed a bit too much.​
Initially she wasn't particularly inclined to intervene, until a familiar feeling coming from the depths of her being caused her attention to pike. The man was attuned to the Force. This was the first time she crossed paths with another force sensitive outside of her home-world, and he seemed to share a particularly deep bond with the living energy. Not allowing her surprise to hinder her any longer, she made a guess on the reason why the man had decided to pull on his powers. There was no ill-intent in his actions, at least it didn't seem so, but she still felt it her responsibility to honor her ways and take cautionary measures.​
Palm stopped suppressing her own presence in the Force, and lost no time in shielding the Trandoshan's mind. Proving her guess right, she soon felt the intrusion of the stranger's attempt at influencing the alien, and unaccustomed to using her powers on anyone but herself Palm wasn't sure she would manage to accomplish her goal. Although maybe being met with her resistance would be enough to break the man's concentration. In any case, the geminian stood from her seat and walked towards the feuding males. With eyes set on the Trandoshan, her voice flowed with a gentle firmness. "Please sir, it was only an accident. I'm sure the gentleman here will apologize and buy you a new drink, as he should. There's no need to ruin a perfectly enjoyable night over something so silly, don't you think?" Then her gaze shifted to the epicanthix, an eyebrow slightly raised and certain brightness in her eyes inviting him to play along with her peace offering.​

A look of confusion took over the lizard man. Two outside influences affecting his mind, one to shield it, the other to adjust it, seemed to have some effect on him. It was only for a second however. Kahlil, sensing the barrier, seemed more confused then even the Trandoshan and immediately stopped using his powers. He hadn't sensed anything from the being before him, and even with this barrier it couldn't of been him.

The voice of another caught both their attention immediately. The Epicanthix watched for a moment, unsure of her intentions. Even when he met her gaze he still seemed unsure, but he did nod. Better to play along, for now. "Right." His gaze returned to the alien being, a soft smile forming again. "I can buy you two, sound fair?"

Still groggy from the afflictions the Trandoshan nods a little, rubbing the side of his head. Kahlil's quick to pay for the drinks while the other was still disoriented. It was as good of an excuse as any to leave the situation before it got heated again. The young man quickly steps away once the drinks are paid for, giving a small wave to the lizard before his attention turns back to Palm-Imer Palm-Imer . He motions for her to follow as he finds a table in one of the corners, hopefully out of sight of their 'friend'.

"Why'd you stop me?" He takes his seat, watching her curiously. Suspiciously even. Was she a Sith? No, she didn't have that oppressive aura. Now aware of his suspicions though he shakes his head and offers a hand. "No, it worked out. Thank you, for your help. I'm Kahlil."

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ
Once she was confident the Trandoshan had let go of his hostility Palm offered the confused reptilian a smile, glad that the other man had decided to heed her request. The soll'nav knew such uses of the Force were common place in the galaxy, she had been warned as much by her mentors ever since she was no more than a child being initiated in the ways of the Art of One. This time, luckily, no harm had been meant and she felt grateful that her intervention had not exacerbated the problem instead of solving it.
Nodding her head, the geminaie promptly retrieved her staff and walked towards the silver haired individual. She took a seat across the table, allowing herself a better look at him now that things had calmed down. It was no surprise to hear the suspicion in his voice, she was quite curious about him herself although judging by first impressions, Palm decided to determine this man was either neutral like herself or leaned towards the light. Her lack of experience still made it difficult to sense others' alignments accurately, but the dark-side of the force was something difficult to miss and she did not perceive that in him.
"Was there really a need to mind trick him? People usually respond well to words, you know." She smiled, not quite giving a specific answer to his question yet. Palm extended her hand as well, accepting his offered one and shaking it. "You can call me Naddej. Pleased to meet you, Kahlil." She was growing more used to her chosen alias with every passing day. The way she worded her introduction suggested that there was more to her name than what she revealed, but people usually accepted and didn't question her reservations much.
"No need to thank, I'm sure you could have handled it on your own." If anything, her intervention had actually been more of a risk to his purpose than an aid. "I apologize for inconveniencing you, truth is I'm against such uses of our gifts." Her apology was the true answer to his first question, and she was sure there would be more to come. She had some of her own to make, should it be possible.

"Wasn't exactly a risk I wanted to take.." Kahlil mutters mostly to himself, looking exhausted. His hand retreats back to his side as he gives a small nod. "A pleasure indeed." He listened in silence, taking a couple moments to think it over for himself. What was she? A Jedi would understand, and a Sith wouldn't care. Well, while things were still peaceful..

"What are you?" That sounded way more blunt then he expected. The young man clears his throat and shifts in his seat, nodding to a waitress to get him a drink. Something strong. "I can tell you're not a Jedi. And you certainly not a Sith. Are you Obsidian? A loner?"

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ
Palm took the opportunity to order a drink for herself when the waitress passed them by. She kept a very subtle eye on the man, surrendering to her habit of observing and reading people. At the moment, her guess would be that the man was either nervous or made unease by her presence; but then again that was a very common feeling to develop when around strangers. Specially given the unusual circumstances of their meeting. In response, Palm adjusted her position allowing her back to rest against the booth and putting some more space between the table, and therefore Kahlil, and herself.
It was an unconscious reflex derived from a very strange instinct that was characteristic of her species, changing her behavior and presence to make those around them comfortable and receptive. It had certainly helped her on more than one occasion, having a natural knack for reading others and acting accordingly. "I'm none of those," She claimed, an amused smile on her lips.
"I'm a soll'nav, but I wouldn't blame you if you haven't heard of us. Not many do." The waitress returned with their drinks, placing each respectively before them. Palm took a sip of hers before allowing it to rest on the table again. She would have furthered her explanation, but for the moment she decided to entertain a question of her own. "I don't believe you are Sith or any type of dark-sider for that matter." Her words were a lot more tentative than his had been, she was mostly sure but didn't yet trust her readings as much as to be certain.
"So, what are you?" She asked, repeating his own question with a curious glint in her eyes.

Kahlil generally seemed awkward. Not use to talking with people. In the last few months he hadn't had a calm conversation with a stranger. They always turned out to be an assassin or some sort of Sith. Or family. The last was probably the worst. Zambrano carried a heavy weight, one he wanted to change for the better. So far it just got a target put on his back.

Once the glass was presented he took a longer sip, letting it calm him. She hadn't attacked him yet. Or revealed she knew he was a Zambrano. She, however, was a Soll'nav? No, he hadn't heard of it. He peers curiously at her now, his enjoyment of learning new things outweighing his awkwardness and uncomfortable feelings.

He leaned forward on the table, his eyes filled with a similar curiosity.

"I'm a Jedi. Or, at least, I aspire to be. I'm no longer part of an order but it's still a path I follow. What are the Soll'nav?"

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ
Palm figured that was a good thing. She didn't truly have anything against the Sith as of yet. Many of them happened to be tyrannical and prolific killer? Yes. But the same could be said of many other societies and communities. The universe would be a better place if they were gone, yet that was hopeful thinking and she had never stopped for long enough to form a true posture in regards to it. The Jedi were meant to serve and protect, much like she was, yet they had failed on many occasions and they would probably fail again at some point in time.
In the end, Palm had no judgement to make one way or the other. Each was the master of their own path, charged with finding their own purpose and balance and facing the consequences of their choices. That was exactly what being a soll'nav was about. "Members of the Order of the Soller-Navah. The Art of One." Normally she had no identifiable accent when speaking galactic basic but a slight one formed when she named her Order, being too used to only mentioning it when speaking nexilis.
"We believe the Force is not meant to be used to influence or change others, only the one who wields it." It was a very good way to summarize a belief that was in truth a lot more complex. "We don't see it as a guide but as a tool, allowing us to understand ourselves better and choose our purpose."

The Art of One. Kahlil nodded slowly as he thought about what it meant. It was fairly different from what he had been taught. First as a Sith, then as a Jedi. The first it was a tool and asset. The latter it was a guide, much as she probably guess when she mentioned it. Still, it had his curiosity. Palm-Imer Palm-Imer had come practically from no where with a whole type of life he knew nothing about.

It was facinating.

The young man takes another sip of his drink. He glanced to the waitress that had been here before, nodding. "I'm gonna get something to eat. Would you like anything Naddej? It'd be my treat. I'm curious to know more about the Soll'nav."

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ
The offer was certainly appreciated, but due to the particular needs of her species Palm was usually weary of eating in places she was not familiarized with. Best case scenario it would have no impact and offer no nourishment, worst case it could upset her stomach which was obviously something she'd rather avoid. In the end, accepting would just be wasting Kahlil's credits, so she declined. "Thank you for the offer but I'm not hungry." It wasn't a lie at all, she saw no need to explain the other reasons.
"I wouldn't mind staying around for a bit longer, though. I rarely allow myself to have nights off." She finished her drink, placing the empty glass on the table and looking once more at the man.
"We are a small Order and very few get to learn our ways, sadly." She explained. The Soller-Navah was a very accepting organization, if it wasn't for Geminidae's isolationist policies it would probably have a lot more students than it currently did. "Our hierarchy is quite similar to that of the Jedi Order. Initiates, apprentices, knights and masters." She considered guessing Kahlil's level of proficiency. He certainly wasn't a stranger to the force so she doubted he was an apprentice, but couldn't tell much more than that.

"No nights off?" If she wasn't going to eat, then he wouldn't get something too big. Last thing he wanted to do was much on a meal while she sat there. Something small. Easy to snack on. Finger food. Different ranks huh? Kahlil looks her over, trying to get a feel for her proficiency just as she did the same to him. Ultimately, he had no clue. No tell tale signs, not like Jedi and Sith.

"Well, I'm not sure if I'd be allowed, but I am curious. I wouldn't stop being a Jedi, but I wouldn't mind seeing a different point of view on the Force. Jedi and Sith tend to be incredibly black and white after all." He chuckles a bit, giving Palm-Imer Palm-Imer a friendly smile. Genuine, instead of trying to alleviate the tension and awkwardness.

"Though, if you don't have nights off that often we should make something of it! Well, if it's not too weird to spend it with someone you just met. Is that weird?" He laughs nervously. "People aren't my thing."

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ
Palm smiled at his reply. "Everyone is welcomed. So long as they don't cause trouble, that is." She added the last part more as a light-hearted joke. She didn't think Kahlil would inconvenience them in any way. In truth, she could picture her mentors being excited about it. They very rarely had visitors, and the intense curiosity that geminians were known for seemed to extend to the soll'nav.

"Most soll'nav like learning just as much as they like teaching. They'll allow force users into the temples even if they belong to other orders." The waitress showed up once more and offered to refill their drinks to which Palm accepted with a smile and a thank you. An amused expression then took over her features upon hearing his next words.

She wasn't against finding something interesting to do or some place to explore if Kahlil had any ideas in mind. Her time in Dressel had been short and she didn't know much of the planet, so the offer seemed like a great idea. "Its not to me." She reassured, so far she had not felt awkward or otherwise uncomfortable in his presence, and doubted she would. "I like the sound of that. Do you have any particular ideas in mind?" If he did, she would wait eagerly to hear them. If not, they could always ask around. Dressel's natives had been quite helpful guides in her short experience.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"I'll certainly try to behave." He chuckles a little, nodding his head. There was only one person he wanted to give trouble, and he certainly wasn't part of the Soll'nav. The thought of his father did make him frown though. It always would. The mad man who sat as the head of the Sith of all people. Kahlil's food arrived, just a small cup of fries. He'd much on em now and then as he listened.

"Ahh. That makes sense. I could show them a couple beliefs that I've learned over the years, if that interests them. Well, if you think it would." There was a lot he still didn't know about this group, but with Palm-Imer Palm-Imer he'd at least be able to figure out what was a good idea. And what wasn't. The young Jedi lets out a sigh of relief at her assurance, relaxing into his chair.

"Oh. Good. I've no idea honestly though. I only arrive here recently. I plan to find a spot to retreat to at some point. A safe place to relax and such. Could be interesting to see what the locals enjoy."

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ
She noticed a small frown settle over his features, and although the instinct to ask if something bothered him stirred within her she let it go for now. They didn't know each other very well and asking could have been perceived as indiscreet or inappropriate. It didn't last though, and so her attention returned to his words instead of his expression. "It definitely would, I myself am a bit curious." She admitted. He seemed to have some experience, that was not something she could say about herself as confidently when it came to the Force.

"Well, Dressellians must occupy their free time somehow. I'm sure we'll find something entertaining enough." It was only a matter of asking or simply going out and wandering around until they found it themselves. Although the first option was certainly a more efficient path to take, in her opinion. "I haven't spent a lot of time here either. Just explored some plains and spent the day at a market. There were quite a lot of people there," She commented, and then remembered something about the previous afternoon that had seemed unusual to her.

"Most of them were either carrying or buying some form of garlands, made of blades of grass and flowers. I wanted to find out more about what their purpose was, if that sounds interesting to you." It wasn't exactly the most thrilling proposal ever, but who knew what they'd find out? And after all, studying cultures was an important part of her job.

"Fantastic. Then I'll head their way as soon as I can." He pauses. "Actually, I don't have anything important to do for a while, so I could head there now." Wherever there was exactly. Kahlil had no idea where the Soll'nav were, though Palm-Imer Palm-Imer might of said where. He'd ask her later. For now, he was far more curious on what these garlands were going to be used for. He finishes off the last of his fries before standing up, smiling kindly.

"Well, no better time then now to go check it out. Shall we?" He laid out some credits on the table to pay for the drinks and food. Whatever they were for was interesting enough. It was probably a festival. The last time he had been to one of those was a long time ago, during the darker years when he was still a Sith. When he couldn't understand the joy and happiness they gave.

It'd be nice to get a chance to understand.

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ
His statement brought another smile to her face, although a more bittersweet one. She wished she could make the decision to return to her home-world so freely, but that was simply not the case. It was a bit ironic in a way, Ambassadors were allowed to roam the galaxy as they saw fit but could only return to their planet in case of an emergency, with proper authorization or when recalled by their superiors. She missed home, and could only take comfort in knowing she was serving her home by staying away and fulfilling her duties.
"You'll find them in the Wild Space, in a planet called Geminidae." She said, not expecting him to have heard of it before unless he was particularly interested in technology. Usually only those who traded with her home-world knew of it.
Palm stood up soon after he did, offering a brighter smile as she allowed her sudden homesickness to slip away. "Let's go." And with that she began walking towards the door and out of the bar, sparing a look behind her to make sure Kahlil was there. Noting his height once more, she allowed herself to surrender to her curiosity and ask a question once they were outside. "If its okay to ask, you are no human are you?" She was headed for the market once more, that was were she had seen the garlands so it seemed like a good place to begin their inquiry.

"Geminidae. Right." He'd have to make sure to remember the name. It wasn't a planet he was familiar with, so he'd probably have to have R6 do a search whenever he made it back to his ship. Though, what was up with her smile? He knew enough to tell there was a sadness behind it. It wasn't his place to ask. Kahlil chewed his cheek for a moment as he followed her out. He'd ask about it. Later. When they better new each other.

Her question made him chuckle a bit. For all intents and purposes he looked human, mostly. But his height definitely made him stand out. "Epicanthix. The height thing isn't actually normal for my species though. My family is one of giants." Kahlil laughs as he rubs the back of his head, smiling at a memory. "If you'd believe it I'm one of the shorter ones, and by a lot." The laugh, and the smile, faded though as he focused on walking. He missed his family, no matter how cruel and twisted some of them turned out.

"I take it you're not human either? I can't actually tell, but the Soll'nav sound almost like a different species."

Palm-Imer Palm-Imer

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ
The name was familiar, but it would take her a moment to find the information she was looking for in her mind. Her education had involved learning about the most prominent species in the galaxy, such as Humans, Twi'leks, Rodians and Zabraks or those who had characteristics worth of note. Either because of dangers they posed, like the Anzati, or precautions that had to be taken.

However, his confession that his height was not due to her species but more of a family trait amused her and a small laugh rumbled in her chest. Her own species did tend to be taller than baseline humans, but Palm still found herself at a very average height, if not even slightly on the shorter end of the scale. Something she had always resented in good humor, taller people were better climbers. "Really? They must be an intimidating sight, then." She said, but her smile slowly receded when she looked at him and saw what she recognized to be dejectedness. Relating to the feeling, she decided to not continue with the topic for the time being.

They were nearing the market, and Palm was happy to see that some people were still there, coming and going with the garlands on their hands or heads and smiles on their faces. She focused on his question then, and having sensed no deceit from him decided to offer the same kindness of being truthful. "There are humans in the soll'nav, among many others species," She said, remembering her many friends and mentors back at the Temple, "but no, I am not human. I'm a geminaie."

"Yeah. You could say that." The Emperor of the Sith and his giant children? Yeah. It'd be pretty intimidating to see them in a family photo. It was good Palm-Imer Palm-Imer changed the subject. To dwell on the topic of his family would ultimately bring him down. He peered curiously at the groups of people walking around them. It really was some sort of festival. A bit of excitement welled in his stomach. His smile returned wide as he looked around. If he wasn't a giant in his own right he'd probably look like a wide eyed child.

"Geminaie. I've never heard of them. It seems there's a lot I'd like to learn." He turns his gaze back to her, still smiling happily. He nods to a couple of folks that looked to be setting up a booth. They had a number of the flower crowns, probably to sell or give out. Regardless of which he'd head right over to get them both one. If they were gonna go through the festival they might as well look the part! Kahlil sets his own crown on his head before holding one one to the Geminaie.

"Up to seeing how much we can fit in?"

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ
"You'll meet many when you visit," She said, a wide smile taking over her lips. "And word of advice, say no if any challenge you to a climbing competition. Some like to cheat foreigners out of their credits that way." Not like she did it herself in her teenage years, no sir, never. Her eyes continued to glide over the market scene, and she was promptly taken away from her wondering when she noticed Kahlil head towards one of the booths.

She followed close behind, amusement covered her features as he purchased two garlands and put one on his head. When he offered her the other one, her gloved hand went forward to accept it and she offered him a warm smile, "Thank you, Kahlil!"

At his next question, the geminaie did not doubt to place the garland on her head. On this rare occasion her hair was down, so it was easier to set it in place without any braids or buns to disturb it. The slight perfume of the flowers and the smell of freshly cut, or plucked maybe, grass filled her nose. It was quite pleasant. "There, can't get any more Dressellian than this." She joked with amusement and gentle sarcasm. There were no amount of flowers to make them look anything like the natives, but it was still fun.

It was then that in the distance, Palm noticed quite a large ensemble of people moving towards a road that, if she was not mistaken, led to the open fields surrounding the relatively small city. The sun was slowly starting to fall, painting the sky in oranges and pinks. "Well, it looks like we won't need to ask where it is that we are headed." She claimed, they simply had to follow the crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom