Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Pawn

Viera smiled as she waited in her waiting room, wondering when her new recruit would show his face. She had made sure to find a bodyguard and agent that would server her well, and a clawdite would do that most defintely. She just hoped he proved loyal. She took a drink as she waited in her chair, before a fireplace,. There was a bar, and another chair near by. Other than that the room just had elegant decorations that must of cost a fortune. She waited patiently wondering if the man had the gall to show up after all.

Zhaf Passik

Body Guard of the Grand Admiral
Zhaf had landed his personal craft only moments ago before he was greeted by two soldiers. He stared at them with his yellow lizrd-like eyes. They took his identichip and looked over it for awhile. Obviously satisfied, they gave it back and pointed him to the service room where he would wait, but Zhaf had no time for that.
He made his way down the landing strip and an officer passed him by. Zhaf stumbled while walking and ran into him. The officer gave him a dissatisfied look and ordered to know his business. Zhaf explained himself and apologized. Then, he continued down to the service room smiling to himself. This would be just too easy. He stopped himself in front of the door and took a breath. His green reptillian skin smoothed out and turned peachy. Short black hair sprouted from his scalp in a clean cut. There was slight stubble on his face, it looked time to shave. He activated a device in his pocket and his clothes were covered in the blue grid-like pattern of the holoprojector. His clothes and body were now identical to the officer from before. He grimaced for a moment in the discomfort he felt by changing. His skin was itchy and his head felt tingly.

Zhaf walked to the service droid with complete confidence and asked where the Moff was. It seemed confused, like this wasn't routine, and scanned his nameplate. It scanned its memory banks for a matching name. The droid replied with a metallic tone. "Officer Torik, aren't you supposed to be making your rounds at this time?"
He remained emotionless. "There was a disturbance that the Moff must be informed about personally." The droid waited for a moment with processors running. "Of course, she is this way officer." Directed him to her waiting room.

Zhaf stepped into the extravagant room still perfectly disguised and inhaled the warm aroma of it. It certainly looked like she had put plenty of creds in this room. He stood before her hands clasped behind his back. There was no way she could be expecting this. "Ma'am, the Clawdite has arrived. Would you like to see him at this time?"

Viera was thrown off, She got up and investigated. "Officer Torik what are you doing here, You aren't on guard Duty for my room tonight, I told you and the other officers that all changes of duty are to be ran by me. But since your here " She shook her head, and turned looking at her fire as she went to take a seat again, " Send him in" She hated being surprised she would have to yell at the officer in charge of scheduling, She was mad, she was going to be giving the man in charge of scheduling an earful that was for sure.

She watched the door for the Clawdite.

Zhaf Passik

"My apologies for the inconvenience ma'am, but-"
Zhaf stopped himself and smiled. He deactivated the small holoprojector. The clean officer's clothes from before were now back to their original well-worn spacer's clothes. His peachy skin reverted to the wrinkled and reptilian complexion it normally has. The short hair crept back into his skull and his shape was once again his Clawdite self. He sighed internally at the relief from his changed form and gave a large smile to the Moff.

"He appears to have let himself in."

He gave a small bow to her and kept his eyes on her. The small display of his skill would be enough to show her what he could do. The surprise on her face looked real, but someone as high ranking as her could feign such an act. He would let her speak for herself on that matter. He simply paced around now with relaxed muscles.

"The name's Zhaf Passik. Whoever Officer Torik is, I'm sure he's at his appointed duty."

She didn't show surprise she couldn't afford to let the man think he had surprised her. She was impressed that was sure. " So your the man that comes highly suggested as my bodyguard" She looked him over, walking around him. Viera smiled as her trap was sprung, and a "enemy" came out of the wall, clearly trying to stab the moff with some sort of weapon. The man was crazed, in fact he had been brainwashed into doing this exact job, the former criminal, now assassin would do well in death or captifvty should Zhaf choose either.

It was an interesting game to play, to let an foe strike you, she of course was ready to activate a collar on the man's neck should Zhaf fail at his test. She sincerly hoped that he didn't as she thought he was quite promising.

Zhaf Passik

Zhaf allowed some pride to fill him as she spoke. He was good at his job, that was true, but to be highly recommended to who he discovered was the Moff was an honor by itself. He didn't enjoy long however, before what seemed to be a crazed man ran at the Moff with a weapon. He had a crazed look in his eyes, and seemed ready to kill her. He didn't get close though. In a moment, Zhaf pulled out his modified Pantoran blaster. There was a single high pitched whine as it discharged and the crazed man dropped. It was too easy.

He looked at the Moff simply. "I certainly hope that was a test, otherwise the defenses here are far below standard to allow someone like him in."

She smirked, " It was indeed a test, We would never let the likes of him get through... unless he happened to look like officer torik when he did" She pondered, what he might demand of her. " So What is your charge, and what sort of postion do you see yourself in when not protecting my person, I like to reward those who show me loyalty with postions, if you serve well you can be more than just my simple bodyguard. I need someone like you, and I need someone who will not be paid off by the power schemes of the lower moff's and the emperor. " She smiled, He would do, if he could prove his loyalty, which was the tough part, how to gauge someone's loyalty.

Zhaf Passik

Zhaf's face remained still at the mention of payment. It always did when it was time to negotiate pay. He ran a gloved hand over his chin. There was no hair to rub, but he like the movement. "Pay? Well, I suppose to start I'll need say.... five thousand credits. As for regular pay, we can negotiate that as the job progresses hm? As for a position, I don't know, never held one outside of assassin. You can judge that for yourself." He watched her for any kind of change in emotion. Negotiating was an art. You either did it right the first time, or spend too much time fixing it.

The average assassination contract was ten thousand credits, but Zhaf figured that the chance for a position in the Empire was worth a cut. "Don't worry about loyalty ma'am. So long as your officers don't try to boss me like a trooper, my allegiance is yours." Zhaf wasn't in military for the lone reason of refusing orders. He had a specific ways of dealing with things and some well dressed officer wasn't going to tell him how to kill.

Of course, but lets make it 6000, and of course, if that happens you flash this badge, " She hands him a badge", and they will shut right up, as you will be able to command them, well except for those in command, but this is to be expected. Don't let them even try, I am all for creative interpertation of what that means... " She smield knowing that if he got a rep with the troopers of not to mess with, he would indeed not be messed with. " Now, what do you require for my security?" layouts? Schedules? the like? Since your security clearance check cleared you can see most anything you like. "

Zhaf Passik

Wow, this was negotiating? The Moff had given him exactly what he needed. No tricks or arguments. He lazily sat in one of the luxurious chairs in the study and looked at the body of the man he had killed. He was surprised at ease of it all as he took the badge. "Thank you. I suppose layouts and schedules would be helpful. I'll also need lists of other security personnel. Unless they are all droids of course, then I'd like a jammer in the off chance they get.... unruly."
Zhaf's head filled with the thought of being a part of the imperial army. Whole planets would crumble to their rule, and he would be there not as its face, but as it's reaper. This will be a very profitable adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom