Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A New, Old Home

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Taanab had been a contentions planet in years past, including being the site of one of the largest naval battles in memory, between Mandalorians and the CIS. At the same time, it had served as a jumping off point for cooperation between the Mandalorians and Silver Jedi, even if said cooperation wasn't an easy one. Now it was yet another turning point, this time for the long adrift Clan Gred. A small settlement had already been set up near the home of the world's own Mandalorian clan, Clan Tal, and in space, a sight as exiting hyperspace. Gred Fleet, the Artemis shipyard, the Star Phoenix, and a smattering of freighters and stolen slave transports would exit hyperspace near the world, and aboard the flagship, a newly repaired Keros Kad, Mig would look down on the world, he smiled a little, then heard Kaddie speak up.

"We're here Alor. Somewhere that might actually be safe."

"Yeah. We are. Send a transmission to Clan Tal. Hope the Jetii aren't to surprised by this." Mig would then leave the bridge, walking down to the hanger to help Tamar with getting the Echo's Light prepped for the trip to the surface. He wasn't quite sure how Illy and Souma were going to take living planet side, but he knew that for Leddie, it would be something closer to normal. Might even help her nightmares some to have a bit of normal. Mig would soon get to the hanger, calling out.

"Ner Kar'ta! How are things looking?" Meanwhile, Kaddie was handling communications with Taanab, seeming nervous.

"Taanab, this it Ker's Kad. The whole fleet's here. Shipyard and Lucrehulk too. Awaiting your direction."

Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan Tamar Gred Tamar Gred

“A home.” Tamar breathed in the stale recycled atmosphere of the ship they lived on for so many years. Had she wanted their children to grow up on a ship? No. But fear and safety, Tamar knew their options were short. As thin as Darth Carnifex’s patience. When Mig Gred Mig Gred offered, Tamar knew the struggle to run away from him would never supersede the love her spouse held. If she ran, Tamar knew Mig would find her first, he was that kind a man.

Now, the relative safety of space lanes would shift to the safety of a world, one protected and held dear with familiar friends. Tamar played at the idea of using her prenatal and neonatal specialty in one of Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan ’s hospitals, getting back to being the pediatrician she was trained to be. Surely, Taanab required midwives, and doctors to care for the smallest of patients. Yes, she could be useful here in a way combat medicine was appreciated, but somehow hollow.

“Souma, one more second of guff and I’m splitting you boys up and sending you to Ba’buir’e Aditya & Adenn.” Tamar’s voice was calm, but firm. She flicked a few more latches and scanned a dial.

“Eeep! Sorry Buir! I’ll be good! I’ll be good!” Souma set down the water balloon filled with what Tamar could only assume was ‘goo’ and stood perfect as a little soldier. Her eyebrow rose, and she ruffled his dark hair.

“We’re ship shape and ready for atmo, my love!” Tamar smirked inwardly, when Souma wrinkled his nose. Ewww, parental affection. “The kids are ready, once Souma gets buckled in. YOU TOO ILLY, YOU ARE NOT landing planetside WITHOUT A SAFETY HARNESS!”

A muffled ‘Aawwww buiiiiiirrr!’ resounded in the background, Tamar waited for the click, clack, click of the safety webbing and smiled. She leaned up in the pilot's chair, pointed to her pouted lips, when Mig came near enough for a kiss. “Planetside! Mig, I can’t wait.”

"Kero's Kad, you're free to land. I'll inform Doctor Fuyuan of your arrival, if she isn't aware already."

There was a small laugh from the spaceport operator before the connection cut out, and Taozi received a message. Clan Gred had arrived en mass above the planet, and she could only think of one reason why, as she set water on to boil for tea.

Taanab was going to have another Mandalorian clan to protect it.

In an instant, the Tal stronghold was abuzz with excitement, and the preparations for a party began. Once a party clan, always a party clan it seemed. Heading to the Tal stronghold's communication center, Taozi pondered where to suggest Clan Gred set up. There was already that settlement on the outskirts of Pandath, perhaps they could expand it? It wouldn't be too hard for them to do.

Entering the communications room, the head communications officer looked up from her seat.

"Ah, Alor! Come to send a message to Alor Gred?"

"Yes, I need to let him know we'll be throwing a party, won't I?"

The officer grinned at the sly smile her Alor gave, and opened up communications with the Kero's Kad.

"Mig, I imagine you've finally decided to settle down. Once you land, be sure to bring everyone to the Tal stronghold... There's going to be a party."

Mig Gred Mig Gred Tamar Gred Tamar Gred

Kaddie chuckled a little, responding back to Tanaab control.

"Affirmative control. I'll tell the hanger crews. Not sure you want a star destroyer on your lawn." Mig meanwhile would smile at Tamar as the kids got ready. He looked at her face, giving her a quick kiss before hearing a comms transmission come in. It was Kaddie, relaying the message that they could land now. "Sounds like we won't have to wait long." He chuckled, hearing a whistle behind him.

"Yeah R10, you head him right." The droid would soon hook into the ship as the vessel slowly took off, along with a few other transports both aboard the Kad, and the other carrier capably vessels in the fleet. Mig would then quickly send a transmission out. "Med I, head to the Tal stronghold. I'm sure they have some new tech they'd love to throw into the old girl." He'd then look back, taking a breath. He then got the transmission from Taozi. He smiled, then heard what she had to say.

"A party? You guys aren't going back to the old days are you. At least for today I won't be complaining." He chuckled a bit before continuing. "We'll be there. Med I is coming in ahead of us though. I bet you'll gut her and add all new stuff in a week or so." He then looked back at Tamar, smiling. "Been a long time since we've had a good surprised."

In the back, Leddie seemed to beam as she looked at her brothers.

"Did you two hear that? A party!"

Tamar Gred Tamar Gred Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan

It was today. When she got the chime, Amma Dib flung herself out of bed so hard, she scorched the wall with an outline of her face and shoulder. Whoops! She’d paint it later… so much for a damage deposit, not that Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan wasn’t helping her on the sly. Reinforcement. It was an essential part of her budget.

Amma dressed so quickly, she ran out of the loft apartment without shoes, circled around after Mr. Feldme’nn gasped and shook his walking stick at her toes. “Oh! WHOOPS!”

Back into the flat, Amma checked herself in the mirror. Flushed cheeks stared back, with tiny acorns of flame donning her hair. Slapping at it, she pushed her hair back with its’ curls and stuck another hair stick in it to make some sort of bun atop her head. Fred Gred Fred Gred was coming. Not just coming for a visit, it’d been months since she saw her long-time boyfriend, months of the Gred Fleet travelling, and Amma helping Tanaab with its’ construction projects and working her mother’s forge. The Beskar’smith took one deep, long breath, and tried to centre herself the way the Domhandans taught her.

“Okay, okay, okay… okay…” She leapt out of her flat, raced to the Tal Stronghold‘s most active part. Dozens of Clan Tal were setting up the party, some gawked at Amma, when she offered to help. “Ah… I can… um……. light… candles? Got… got any candles to light?”

She paced along, until she found her way to Taozi. “They’re coming? Are they coming soon? Now soon? Do I have time to I dunno, check my lipstick, or oooo! Do I have time for a facial? No, that’s silly, how’re my clothes? Are they good?”

What in the green world could put a usually chipper but grounded young woman into this much of a tither?

Mig Gred Mig Gred

“Star destroyer on the lawn… imagine the gardeners’ eyes bugging out of their heads!” Tamar watched Souma groan at his mother’s joke, parental embarrassment, achieved.

“A party?!” A home and a party to celebrate. It was as surreal as the last years were panicked. Looking back at Leddie, Tamar nodded the girl over and opened her arm for a hug. “Goddess, it’s been years since a Mandalorian party. A proper party would be a singular joy to behold. As long as you, my pugilistic princess, don’t get into any brawls you can’t scrap your way out of.”

She poked at Leddie with an affectionate hand, the grin on her face something missing since Mandalore was a distant, but tenuous dream. Tamar didn’t truly notice how wide she smiled, as she kissed Mig Gred Mig Gred and watched the atmosphere envelop their ship.

“I don’t know if we’re scrubbed clean enough for a party… oh, we’ll do the lot of us. Boys! Prep for a party, remember: have fun, but don’t eat too many sweets, your stomachs aren’t used to it. And… show the other ad’ike what Clan Gred is all about, eh?”

The boys whooped, and despite the noise, Tamar’s grin grew. Home.

A home… finally. Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan

"Only for today, vod. Clan Gred finally finding their new home deserves it... And trust me, you won't recognize the Med I when my Clan's done with her."

Preparations were going smoothly, and an aura of excitement permeated the air as Taozi ended communications with Mig Gred Mig Gred and turned around, coming face to face with her mother. Her mother, Chunhua, looked at her with pride. Even at the age of 49, the only signs of the Atrisian woman's age was laugh lines and small crow's feet. The shorter woman walked up to her daughter and cupped Taozi's face in her hands, pulling her down to touch foreheads.

"Don't be too crass with the Gred Alor, Taozi. I know how you can be."

"Mother, I'm 31 now, you don't need to tell me to behave any-"

"Bah! I'll tell you to behave until the day the Manda welcomes me home, child."

With a sly grin, Chunhua released Taozi's face, before following her daughter out of the communications room. The two made small talk as they walked through the stronghold, directing things together. The sounds of footsteps and the subtle scent of smoke made them both turn, just in time to see Amma Dib Amma Dib approach. The teenage girl spoke a million words a minute, and Taozi put a firm, comforting, hand on the girl's shoulder.

"Amma, you look fine."

"Could use a nice red rouge."

"Mother!"

"Let me take her. If I can get you to dress the way you do outside of your scrubs or 'gam, this little wildfire isn't going to be much of a challenge to clean up!"

Taozi stared at her mother for a moment, but sighed at the gleam in Chunhua's eye. That gleam meant the older woman would not take no for an answer.

"Fine. Just... Just don't take too long."

"Says the child that was fashionably late to her own Verd'goten."

A noise of indignation came from Taozi as Chunhua cackled and took Amma by the arm to lead her to Chunhua's room. Once there, Chunhua would sit Amma in front of the vanity table. Working methodically, she would polish Amma's appearance while talking, starting with putting a skin brightening sheet mask over the girl's face.

"Now, why don't you tell this old woman what's gotten you all in a tizzy, hm?"

Once Chunhua took Amma away, Taozi sighed, and pinched the bridge of her nose. She felt bad for the girl who has desperately asked for her help finding an apartment, knowing that her nosy mother would interrogate her about... Well. Everything. No time to worry about though, Clan Gred would arrive soon, and it would not do to have Taozi not being the one to greet them. Making her way down to the entrance to wait.

Once Mig, Tamar Gred Tamar Gred , and the rest of Clan Gredd arrived, Taozi would smile softly, and spread her arms in a welcoming manner.

"Su cuygar, vod. I'm happy that you've decided to make Tanaab your home. Come, not all of the food is quite ready yet, but... There's appetizers for those who are hungry."

“Oh, no, thank you that’s… not… I don’t…” No. The idea of getting all ‘girlied up’ didn’t make sense! Amma Dib was no fawning princess, she was a Beskar Smith! A Goran with sacred responsibility to create beskar’gam and develop Mandalorian warriors within an inch of their lives, for that inch was armour…

Her armour, like her mother before her. And it must be perfect.

Women in Clan Dib did not fawn or primp or stand around in pretty dresses, they wore perfectly respectable jumpsuits, ‘gam, and flame retardant clothing at all times. Amma looked down at the jumpsuit she shoved down to her waist, the arms tied in a bow in front of her forest green long-sleeved top.

“And…” She blinked, before she knew it, there she was sitting in front of a piece of furniture she had little definition for and the woman, no, Taozi’s lauded mother, was fiddling with some sticky substance about to cling to her face.

“Tizzy?” Amma sucked in a mighty breath, and tried to put on the unaffected apathy she wore on a daily basis since she was a child… but tiny sparks of panicked Amma’s rose from her hair, one running and bashing into her shoulder with a visible ‘poof’. Gosh, if only Adara were here to translate. Heck, even Stabitha would know more about this ‘girl thing’ than Amma. “immnotina… pthbthbth…”

Amma tried not to move her lips or face as the mask went on, cool and soft. Truth be, it was… not unpleasant. Aside from tasting a little in her fervour to deny the whole tizzy thing. Although the hands in her barrage of curls did feel… pleasant.

Okay maybe she did need to scrub the ash off her face.

“Ma’am Taozi was kind enough not to throw me off her planet for the whole… firestarter thing, and I’m getting better, but… I needed an apartment, and she helped me get one, and Fred…” Amma gave a timid sigh, her lips quirking up under the mask. “Fred Gred. He’s moving to Tanaab with Clan Gred and we’ve been dating for a few years now, and… he’s going to be in the same physical location, and I’m going to be in the same physical location, so I… thought… maybe he could move into… my…. physical location. ‘Cause my apartment has two bedrooms and I’m using one as a work room, but maybe… if he’s not diametrically opposed to living with someone who starts fires when she has nightmares, but I’ve been working on my powers and am 95% sure he won’t be burned alive by being around me, and… and… I’m gonna ask him… tonight. At the party.”

The room filled with sparks of multiprismic fire, little bright poofs in the air, which fizzled out before they could cause much more than a blip of ash on hard surfaces.

“He’s just the best, and… I don’t wanna seem desperate or spook him, but… but I’m really tired of seeing my boyfriend through a holo-projector instead of… you know… in the same room. What do I do, Ma’am Chunhua?” Muffled under the mask, Amma glanced up at where Chunhua played with her hair. “Mom didn’t have to do any of that. She met my Dad when they fought, and as she died, he tied his soul to hers, and then he brought her and his soul back from Manda, and Manda gave Mom a new body, and they just sort of… never parted. Until he died, and then like fifteen years later Crazy Uncle Muad & Uncle Derrek brought him back to life, and yet again, instant star-crossed lovers. They didn’t have to, like, date. Manda spirited them together in one solid soul-bonded unit of one-ness. HOW AM I GONNA COMPETE WITH THAT!? AUUUGH!!! Do I like, gift-wrap the key card!? Maybe use glitter glue!? I got nothing.” Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan Fred Gred Fred Gred

Chunhua listened silently with a smile as Amma Dib Amma Dib vented her heart out. It was nice to hear about teenage romance worries, since she never got to hear of anything romantic from her own daughter. It was always medical school this, medical study that, blah blah blah! Nodding along, Chunhua grabbed a jade comb and began to run it through Amma's hair, starting from the ends and moving closer to the roots slowly.

"Well now... Why don't you take a a few deep breaths for me? Don't need you getting too excited, now do we?"

Giving Amma a moment of silence to breathe and relax, Chunhua combed through the girls hair methodically, and tried not to tug on knots too hard. Once all the egregious knots were gone, she put the comb down on the vanity, and grabbed a dark purple bottle, unscrewing it to reveal a dropper. As she opened it, the smell of patchouli and sandalwood filled the air. Emptying the dropper into her hand, Chunhua worked the hair serum into Amma's hair and hummed.

"I can tell you care about this Fred boy a lot, and that's a good thing. Can't have a healthy relationship if you don't care about one another, now can you?"

One dropper was not enough to coat all of Amma's hair, so Chunhua filled it once more and poured it into her hands. Combing the serum into the teenage girl's hair with her fingers, the scent of patchouli and sandalwood covered the smell of ash quite nicely if Chunhua had anything to say about it. Taking the mask off of Amma's face, Chunhua placed it unceremoniously into the nearby trash can. Then, grabbing a soft tissue, she wiped down Amma's face with it, getting off all the ash and excess liquid from the mask.

Huffing at what was beneath the ash, Chunhua shook her head.

"You've got to take better care of your skin little wildfire. I know you're a smith, but that's no excuse to go running around with ash all over your face at all times. You're a capable young woman, with a beautiful soul and a lovely face to match. I'm not saying to primp yourself like I or my daughter do, but take care of your skin at least! All that ash and smoke will clog your pores and dry out your skin. You know what clogged pores and dry skin leads to? Early signs of aging! Can't do much about the clogged pores with the time we've got, but lets work on the dryness, shall we?"

Cleaning her hands with nearby hand sanitizer, Chunhua closed the bottle of hair serum, and replaced it with a brilliant red bottle with metallic gold Atrisian lettering on it, topped with a pump. Pumping a couple times into her hand revealed a clear liquid with an almost gold tint to it. Rubbing her hands together slowly, she then began to massage the serum into Amma's face as she talked.

"Now... As for how to ask your little boyfriend to move in with you? Lead into it naturally. Don't start the conversation with apartment talk, or you'll scare him off. Ask him something casual, like how his week has been, or how he's been doing since you two last spoke. Catch up with him first, give him a hug or kiss or two, and then you can mention the apartment."

Finishing the facial massage with a boop on Amma's nose, Chunhua smiled warmly at her. Moving to stand behind Amma, she then began to braid the front sections of Amma's hair. The serum made it much easier to work Amma's heat damaged hair, and inwardly Chunhua's hair broke for the poor strands of hair being worked through her fingers.

"But don't take that to mean to instantly tell him you want him to move in, oh no no no. Just... Casually mention that you've gotten a new apartment. Let him ask about it, and answer his questions. After about... Oh, we'll say... Five questions of his about the apartment, that's when you can ask him to move in."

Pinning the first braid of Amma's fringe to the back of her head, Chunhua got to work on the other side.

Fred sat aboard the Star Phoenix, prepping the Bes'Bavar for take off. He was running a bit behind, but he was making sure everything was ok before heading out. He took a breath, quickly climbing into the cockpit as he flipped some switches. Eya would soon whistle behind him as he looked back.

"Yeah. I'm good Eya. Just a lot happening. Good stuff too." He would then quickly engage the engines and begin to head out.

After the flight, the modified shuttle would touchdown, and Fred would take a long breath of fresh, not recycled for the millionth time air. He was still surprised there'd be a party, but he was hoping to see Amma again. He may have also quickly checked to make sure Tabitha Solus Tabitha Solus hadn't somehow snuck some prank into anything he was bringing right now.

Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan Amma Dib Amma Dib Tamar Gred Tamar Gred

Mig chuckled at Taozi's response to the question, happy to hear that she thought it was worth it. He'd then hear what the said about Med I, and eyed her.

It better still be a Tal-type when it's done at least tat (Concordian version of vod). It's been a little work horse these past few years." He then looked at Tamar, the smile on her face bringing one to his as well. It'd been a long time since she'd smiled like that. He was about to say something, but he couldn't really think of anything good to say in this case. It was just.... They'd have a home. A solid home. Leddie meanwhile feigning hurt as she heard her mom. She wouldn't get into... too bad of a scrape. She'd never... wait... no... there were multiple time.

"I'll be careful Dalyc'buir. Plus what kind of fight could I get into here?" She smirked ever so slightly at the half-sarcasm. It wasn't long before the group of freighters and gunships began to land. Next to the Echo's Light was Watchpost Elco, an old YV freight that Halgen Nal and Lara Gred, the smuggler turned Marshal and one of the only other Mando'ad'jetii in the Clan at this point. Along with them Fred's shuttle could be heard above. Late. Mig just chuckled a little. He then looked at Taozi, smiling.

"That sounds great right about now. And thanks for all this."

Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan Amma Dib Amma Dib Tamar Gred Tamar Gred

“Breathing, I can be breathing.” Taking the minute to breathe, Amma remembered to centre herself the way she did perpetually in her childhood. Did hanging with the Troublesomes damage her perfect resolve? Maybe a little, Ginnie’s little firestarter was no complete stoic, although the foundation was there for that house, too.

“I do. I… it’s been seven years since we started… friend-then-relationship. I could bring out my timeline aggregated by month, and year. It’s all there, every event of note, and the long blanks of absences. Long blanks. Stuff changed after Adara left Vena I suppose it’s time I stepped up and got us all back into harmony again.” She took another long, deep breath and let the tension melt away. An easier feat than she thought with Chunhua’s hands in her hair, coating the hungry strands with fragrant oils. Amma gave out a timid sigh, whatever it was, it smelled better than anything Amma had in her loft.

Her finger scrawled on a data pad from her pocket. ‘Buy fragrant things for hair and loft’. Any plan required modification, and her grocery list was such a plan.

“There’s no grease on it at least?” Amma searched for a positive, which Chunhua’s face dictated was barely a pass. Amma winced, and nibbled on her lip. “I, ah… I have hand lotion? Does that… oh gosh it doesn’t work does it?”

‘Buy face lotion and ash-cleaner’ Another click on the list, another part of the daily life plan modified. “The way you say it, early signs of aging are the most intensely scary thing on Tanaab…” Maybe Amma should keep the long sleeved shirt on, before Chunhua saw the litany of burn scars across most of Amma’s body. If facial wrinkles were bad, what would those be? “Yes, please. Let’s Ma’am Chunhua.”

If Amma realized such feminine primping lotions felt so good going on her face, she probably would have started using them years prior. With a sigh, Amma relaxed into the chair, the lilt of Chunhua’s voice and the facial massage enough to send her into a relaxation she previously thought mythic.

“Lead into it naturally… no immediate apartment talk, right.” The data pad flashed on again, Amma’s fingers scrawled notes. Bullet points with a miniature timeline for the beginning of the party. “… How has your week been? Three, what’ve you been… too casual… what have you been up to? Too formal? Nope… What’s new Fredgred? There… Four… question four…ummmm… what sorts of modifications have you made to your prosthetic, if any? Pause for answer… how long of a pause… maybe a ten count…”

As Chunhua braided Amma’s hair, she created a battle plan for the party ahead, she could almost feel Fred Gred Fred Gred sloping toward the surface, Like a growing flicker in her soul.

“Five questions, a walk to the snacks, sip of a drink, and a sly remark about physical locations and crashing and… not that he crashes, he’s a particularly safe pilot, my Fredgred, but… ooo no, not crash, landing pad. I’ll make a quip about using my loft, as a landing pad… oh… my hair looks so pretty… thank you.” Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan

The shuttle ride down was as surreal as the holo-films she and Mig Gred Mig Gred watched once the kids (including Leddie, goodness girl go to bed) ventured to their bunks. “If it isn’t, I’ll have words. Potentially positive words, but many words.”

A laugh echoed out of Tamar’s throat. Her hands buzzed on the controls, one reaching over to take Mig’s and give it a squeeze she was loathe to let go of. The battle damage to her riduur’s face was enough to remind Tamar of the dis-ease of their lives, the wars survived and throttled into for the sake of survival. She wanted to tend every wound she found, massage out the furrow of his brow. Find a way to return them to the wide-eyed younger days, when Mandalore was safe, and the Infernal was both sister and keeper, and Tamar felt the safety of the vode.

Those days drifted, would they drift back again now, in a different way, with Tanaab the epicentre of the cultural reclamation? Pulling Mig’s hand up, Tamar kissed his calloused knuckles, eyes on his for another long moment, while the shuttle touched down.

“I will be all astonishment if you get through this party without punching another ad’ike, Ledster.” Tamar turned to her daughter, and unbuckled from the crash webbing. “Make sure if you do, it’s for the right reason… and no getting into fights over Clan Tal’s cosmetic glitter. That stuff gets everywhere… is that Fred’s shuttle? I bet you two nights of putting the kids to bed the first thing he’s going to do is trip over finding Amma. Ginnie was telling me Amma moved to Tanaab last year, to set up her own beskar smithy and architectural firm.”

Tamar’s boots clicked on the ship’s floor, she sniffed a huge inhale as the hatch decompressed. “This is it, Mig… this is it…” Although the children had their own way, the twins must have realized the unsteady gait and breath of their mother. Tamar clung to the smell of air, real unfiltered atmosphere, eyes open and searching. “This is it… goddess please let this be it…”

Mig Gred Mig Gred Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan

Chunhua smiled with amusement at Amma Dib Amma Dib adding things to a list. It was cute, and she made a mental note to take Amma shopping for skincare later. Poor girl would probably buy whatever the sales clerk suggested without a second thought! She'd need to get taken to a salon too, and get some better hair products to protect and repair her hair...

"I'll take you shopping for self care products, okay? I'm worried that the sales clerks will shove something in your face and guilt trip you into buying it, or make you feel like it's your only option when it's not."

Finishing up the second braid, Chunhua unpinned the first one and braided the loose strand of both together. Holding the end, she reached over to the vanity, grabbed a gold colored hair tie, before looking at Amma's attire, and deciding to go for a green one instead. After making sure the braid was nice and secure, Chunhua gently hold Amma's shoulders, and look at her eyes through the mirror.

"There. Now Fred won't have any option but to say yes to your pretty face. Let's head down to the party, yes?"

With a gentle, motherly, smile Chunhua would offer Amma a hand to get out of the chair before leading her downstairs to the main hall, making idle chatter all the way. By the time they got down, most of Clan Gred had the time to get settled and mingle with Clan Tal. Though, scanning over the hall, it seemed Taozi was still at the entrance of the stronghold greeting people.

"Well.. I don't see my daughter yet. I'll leave you here to wait for your beau, I'm going to go see what's holding Taozi up. Oh, and don't get too spooked if you see the Sithspawn Taozi takes care of. He's harmless if you don't provoke him, I promise."

Giving Amma one last pat on the back, Chunhua walked off to the entrance just in time to catch Taozi respond to Mig Gred Mig Gred .

"Oh don't worry, the outside will be the same... Well, perhaps a fresh coat of paint actually. Oh, hello mother. Done already?"

"Of course! What do you take me for, one of those talkity loudmouthed stylists that seem to get paid by the words that spew out their mouths?"

In contrast to Chunhua's laughter at her own joke, Taozi groaned and rolled her eyes.

"Anyways... Let's all head in and enjoy ourselves for the evening. Just. Be sure to tell your clan to be mindful of Ibnaimairi when you get the chance. He's passive, so long as no one provokes him."

Tamar Gred Tamar Gred

Leddie chuckled a little as her Dalyc'buir called her out. She would smile a bit, looking around.

"I won't punch anyone who doesn't deserve it. Let's just hope no one deserves it." Mig shook his head a bit at the two's talk, loving to watch his family finally just... be. He would then eye Tamar, nodding a bit as she spoke and then looking up at the shuttle. He then chuckled, putting an arm around Tamar.

"I'm not about to make that bet. Known the ad too long to not agree with ya."

On the ground, Mig would smile at Taozi, realizing even more there was something different. He couldn't explain it, but there something... calmer about her? More in control? He just wasn't sure. Still, it was good to see his fellow Alor again, and it was nice to hear the Med I would get the work it honestly needed at this point. He would then smile as Taozi said he might want to tell his clan about Ibnaimairi. He chuckled, stretching his arm out to the people leaving their ships, and while not even trying pointing to Halgen.

"You have seen my clan, right Taozi? Don't worry. They won't push buttons. If anything an ad may offer him candy or something." Mig would then smile, quickly starting to walk in to get this party started. He then looked at Tamar and snickered. "Maybe Vaux will actually sing."

Tamar Gred Tamar Gred Amma Dib Amma Dib Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan

“Oh… okay, I won’t say no, if you don’t mind that is.” Amma smirked and stared at her skin. It looked… almost normal. She tugged her sleeve down her wrist, to hide the many burns and scars. Easier to focus on her face, then. The curl of her hair. Before long, it was over. She was as ready to see Fred as she could be. “Thank you Ma’am.”

“Sith spawn!? Awwww where is the cutie?!”
Amma searched around for a Sith Spawn, sensing out with her gifts. “Ah… Mama raised us with her Tuk’ata. Rhae-Rhae and I are totes used to the Sithspawns. I maaay have figured out a way to use Wembley’s acid to etch force powered runes into my works… aaand you don’t… care about… the Greds! They’re here!”

Chunhua’s absence returned Amma to centre into her game plan. Ask Fredgred a few of her pre-planned questions, check for response, and pounce with a cool, yet not flippant ask. It’s inconceivable that Fred found a place on his own when he was only on the planet a few minutes. Unless he pre-planned something, and maybe she should have checked… was there time to do research?

“No, Amma… Breathe in… hold it…. little bit more….. exhale.” A puff of steam exited her mouth, and Amma trotted down the stairs with her olive green jumpsuit sleeves tied around her waist, the dark grey long-sleeved shirt fitting her form, as her skin glowed with Chunhua’s attentive cosmetics. Light picked up the shine to her hair, natural curls and braids away from a hopeful face. And there, in the crowd brushing off his gear (he must’ve tripped again) was Fred Gred Fred Gred . Amma’s face contorted into a grin, before she checked herself and taking another breath to calm down and not light anything combustible on fire, trotted to him.

“Fred. Fred!” Her trot turned to an unabashed run (perhaps also shoving Millicent Gred over in the process, whoops), and Amma threw her arms around his shoulders into a hug. “I missed you! But you’re here now, so the past emotion is illogical, but it’s still there and I’m babbling! A Dib doesn’t babble! Unless it’s Crazy Uncle Muad, but his babbles are insane and mine are overexcitement, but…”

Amma clamped her mouth shut as she leaned back to look into the face of the young man she’d missed horrifically these long months. Did he miss her? Did he need to see her like she did him? Was Amma overanalyzing a hug? Yes. Yes she was. “… welcome home.”

Fred Gred Fred Gred Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan

Fred couldn’t help but smile as he finally saw Amma. He quickly wrapped her in a hug as she did the same. She wasn’t a hologram. She was really there. Not just a voice on a comm. This was just… Nice. He looked as she pulled back a little to see him, rambling a little in her excitement. He could tell her mind was racing a bit, but he loved that about her.

“Thank you…. Dang it’s hard to believe it’s really you. I’m just glad to finally see you again.” He honestly didn’t want to stop hugging her, but he soon heard a whistle behind him from Eya and just sighed. “Eya, just go bug R10 for a bit, or the medical V2s. Meet your cousins.”

He then looked back at Amma, smiling a bit. “I’m just happy to be somewhere that isn’t moving under my feet constantly.”

Amma Dib Amma Dib Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom