Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A new Member with a few questions

Hello everyone! As a new rper to this forum I hoped I could get a few answers in this forum, and some ideas to where to begin. My character is planned to a Kubaz engineer somewhat stranded on Hypori. For one I'd like to know if I should be keeping an eye out to join a faction asap or if I should simply allow the story to decide when that occurs. Secondly can anyone give me a general idea of how the political/inter faction rp goes about? It's something I was rather interested in understanding when finding the site. Thanks for the help!

Hello, and welcome to SWRP. ^_^

I would suggest finding factions that sound interesting to you through the factions link at the top of the page. Any faction with territory on the map is a major faction. Any of those that sound interesting to you can be readily investigated through PMing the faction owners, faction admins, or other faction reps.

Try not to feel pressured to join a single faction. People will spam advertisements at you. It's best to choose what you want, rather than falling to peer pressure.

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
Hey there!

My two cents? Factions can be a bit of a hassle. Major faction activity hinges a lot on invasions and can really suck your creative writing energy. But that is my opinion/experience.

A lot of people enjoy the faction dynamic and you should do some research into what direction you want to go. Whatever you do, make sure you have a blast at it! :)

I can respect this outlook on it, I should hope a good offer presents itself. Thanks for the tip [member="Fabula Cavataio"] . On that note during this rather separated time is transportation restricted or unrestricted between controlled space. (Meaning factions can come and go as they please given they aren't bringing a military force behind them).

It's best to check and see who the general factions are allied with and fighting against. If you're a member or known associate with one faction, their enemies might not take kindly to you traversing their territory. That said, unless you want to get caught or make an open thread, there's not a lot that might threaten smuggling.

Either way, just be aware. I'm not the best one to ask about galactic politics. I steer quite clear of that hornet's nest.

[member="Zronk"]

Its also a good idea to kind of "spy" on factions via their threads in the open RP forum. Do you like what you see? Could you see yourself writing with said people often? I personally say don't rush into it. Find a good IC and OOC fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom