Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Frontier

Business had been booming in recent months. Ever since [member="Bato Golden"], and Krayzen had taken over the company, it seemed that it was on the path to returning to it's rightful place as an entertainment powerhouse. The new CEO, Maria Vosk had done extremely well establishing four night clubs; one on Zeltron, another on Commenor, and two on Zonju V.

And now she was here, on Zeltron, the headquarters of Golden Entertainment. The company was quickly gaining name recognition among the populace of Zonju V. Nevertheless, she knew that she would have her work cut out attempting to beat the major powerhouses that ruled Zeltron's entertainment industry. In order to do that, she would have to find new sources of income. That was the reason for the meeting today.

"Are the preparations nearly done?"

"Yes mum. "

Maria then nodded, as she awaited for the meeting to begin.

As she opened the meeting door, a part of her was slightly nervous. This would be(at least at this instance), the most important meeting in her entire career as a businesswoman. Maria knew that she had to be at her very best, and she had to have the ability to stand her ground if need be.

A part of her remembered the stressful moments her parents experienced when they had come back from such meetings. Another part of her remembered the joyous moments that had come out from those experiences. Maria was not aware of what she would feel. She however knew that she would have to face her challenge head on, and if there were any critics of her, prove them wrong as well.

Maria then approached the door. She sighed, reminding herself of the positive possibilities that could come out of the meeting. She then let moved her hand forward, opening the door, and seeing all the departments heads arrive here.

The meeting had begun.

"Hello everyone. Thank you for coming to what is, until now, the most important meeting in the company's history under the new leadership." she said, signalling it had began to those that weren't aware of it.

A 3D hologram emitted a graph with various figures, and statistics. There had been a spike in a period of 6 months, the direction going upward. Maria then pointed toward that.

"As you can see here, ever since we have expanded to Zeltron, Commenor, and Zonju V, the last two financial quarters evidently indicate a large net profit the company has experienced. With this, I would like to move toward new areas to expand our services. " she said, as she waited for responses.

There was an awkward feeling in the room. It felt too quiet for Maria's tastes. Her experiences made her believe that a large portion of the room didn't believe the company was ready to make such a big step. Others in the room wondered if she was too inexperienced to lead on such a move, especially for a company that was still relatively small compared to other large corporations.

An individual then cleared his throat, indicating he would speak. "I'm sorry Ms.Vosk. As you know, I've been in this business for a long time. I've worked for a lot of companies, and I do not believe it is the right move for Golden Entertainment at this stage. You've done extremely well for the company as it's Chief Executive Officer, but you also haven't been in this business for a long time. I don't believe you can lead us to conduct when we are making such a big step."

Maria maintained her composure, but in her very core, it had been like a bomb had been lit. Her very core was shaking, although she was extremely skilled in hiding it from people, such as the ones in the room.

Maria then waited for others to speak up, wondering if there were any that supported such a notion.

"I do to." were the words that could be heard around the room. A lot of the top employees in this company who were experienced did not believe she could do it. They doubted in her, and Golden Entertainment's ability to survive.

For the first time as the head of Golden Entertainment, she questioned her ability. Had she really done all that for the company, yet, they would question her ability?

"Is there anyone else that believes that I cannot do it, or that it is to big of a step for Golden Entertainment?" she asked.

She awaited a response, hoping someone could back her up.

One thing about Maria Vosk was that she liked blending in promising young employees, with experienced, skilled ones. Some of them had, by merit, made it to be among the top people in Golden Entertainment. Like her, they wished to prove themselves. That was why an individual, who was inarguably the most promising of them all, stood up.

"As you said," he spoke, pointing at the person that had, at first, questioned Maria's ability. "Golden Entertainment has done extremely well under her leadership. Didn't you all see the last two financial quarters? The company has experienced massive growth. We have the finances to expand our services, and our outreach."

There were more who agreed with her. The big question however was that would chaos ensue over such a disagreement?

What had evolved at a small disagreement became sort of a small shouting match between the youth, and the experienced; the young & and the old. People's anger were making them act foolishly, and this perhaps had the potential to rip the company she had grown attached to apart. There was no way she was allowing that to happen.

"Enough!" she yelled. "Everyone calm down, or leave this room, and the company!"

The room was now quiet. The focus was on her. As she sighed, she knew she had to prove herself to the people that doubted her.

"Thank you all for voicing your opinions, and the compliments. Yes, this company has grown, but that is because of the work of each of you. In regards to the expansion, while I appreciate all of your opinions, it will be happening." she said.

"I want you all to take a five minute break before we return to the meeting. Then, I will explain to you what will occur." she said.

The five minute break had quickly finished. During that time however, Maria had been contemplating had decided she would test herself, and show them that she could do it, and she would reward the faith the owners had in her.

When she entered, everyone seemed to be calm. It was the perfect moment to begin to show what she would do.

"You all forget that another subsidary of Drakos Systems, Nova Corp, has recently experienced large profits in the last two financial quarters due to the mining activity in Zonju V. We will use a small portion of that, as well as our own financial means to fund the new services we are getting into." she said.

"We will first expand in the filming industry. I also want to make an important note on this: if we fail in our expansion, I will resign as the head of this company." she said.

How would the people react to such a big announcement?

Everyone was evidently shocked at such an announcement. The individual who had questioned her ability to lead had a face of approval, impressed at her ability to test herself, and reveal it to the people here.

Soon however, the shock went away. The meeting would then be discussed, as they conversed about many things. Everyone but Maria stayed behind, sighing as she thought about what had just occurred.

May the force be with me she thought, as she reminded herself that she had to get back to work.

And with that, she left. She remembered the other things that had been talked about in the meeting. Building resorts had been one idea she supported, but she knew that she would have to secure the funding for that.

Perhaps it's time I go to Csilla. she thought, as she left the Golden Entertainment HQ on Zeltron. For now however, she would have a good night sleep, something that she deserved after the stressful meeting she had just experienced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom