Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Direction [Shmi]

So this was the end, huh?

Josh had to admit, he was far more upset then he would care to admit. This was finally his chance. A chance to make things right. To have that Jedi Order that knew what they were doing and was out to help the people and this galaxy, not pursue their own selfish desires and be random mercenaries and soldiers to a government... And now, thanks to the fact they couldn't recruit much to their cause... It was done. Over. The Jedi Order that he knew and loved... It was dead. Truly dead. But Shmi wasn't planning on having them disband. She had an idea, and Josh had been bouncing ideas back and forth with her. Luckily, Josh had been running operations in the Outer Rim long before he'd begun his association with the, he supposed, now former "Grandmaster". He hoped that he'd be able to lend ideas and suggestions to these plans of hers that she wanted to run, based around it. The factions couldn't disturb their attempts to help people there, and in many ways... It was all that Josh wanted. And in many ways, it was not. But... It would do for the time being.

Josh would arrive in Shmi's chambers, after a meeting had been schedule to discuss the direction of their new plans a little more and bounce ideas back and forth. Although he had to admit, he did want to try and get to know the woman a little more. She was a nice girl, and seemed like she'd be a good friend. But thus far, their relationship had really just been all business.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

In the Shadows, Ambition Stirs.
She was expecting him so when she was notified of his presence, she promptly went to invite him in. Joshua was one of the only ones she felt she could trust, her entire Jedi career she lacked friendships with substance...and while their encounters were largely professional she realized his value when she sought him out and he agreed to be by her side. She had just returned from Bal'demnic on a diplomatic mission with the Coalition, it went left...to say the least and so she was more in a relaxed state. Her hair was down, and her outer robe off. Her under tunic was visible, and loose because her utility belt was absent; this was a rare sight.

"Master DragonsFlame...come in, thanks for stopping by."

When the door slid open, she turned around and allowed him to follow her in. A few feet from the door she turned around and faced him with a smirk on her face. "I apologize for my current appearance. I just couldn't wait to get back...and relax for once. Unlike me I know...you don't even have to say it." she said with a slight chuckle.

"Can I get you anything?"

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

While he tried to appear as normal, if Shmi studied his face, she would be able to see the truth of the matter. The decision had weighed heavily on him. Sure, he was thrilled that they were changing to specialize more in something that could help out in the Outer Rim but... Well, you really just had to think back on what one knew about him. To him, the end of the "Jedi Order" in it's current form was like giving him back his dream, the one he'd spoke glowingly of, of wanting to just have that life he had back, the one he had before he left the old Order when it became corrupt... And then taking it away all over again. In truth, that was exactly what was going on. Josh was experiencing that pain, and having to re-live having that ripped away from him all over again. Part of him had even considered just... Going back into hiding again. Going back to Naboo, back to his estate, and just... Staying there. The galaxy, the Jedi... It'd just continued to hurt him, and wound him. And part of him just wanted to be away from it all. But he knew he couldn't do that. He knew that people needed him still. The people he'd been saving, from these slavers... The slaves that were still out there... They needed him. And Shmi needed him. At least, as far as he knew anyway. Perhaps... He would stay for just awhile longer. One door closes, another opens, he supposed... But he couldn't help but feel a pit of emptiness well up in his stomach as he walked into Shmi's chambers. He tried. He really did try to seem his usual cheerful self. But he didn't know how convincing the facade was.

As his Jedi Master's robes were in the wash, Josh hoped that Shmi could forgive him for appearing in what he was wearing. It was an interesting sight for them both, it seemed. He was surprised when he came in to see that she wasn't wearing her professional attire at all, instead wearing her under-tunic, loosely with no belt. Usually she was all prim and proper, but today she came off as more casual. Which was fine, considering what Josh himself was wearing. For once, Josh didn't look like a Jedi, the only thing indicating it being the lightsaber clipped to his belt. Instead of his robes, Josh wore a blue t-shirt, with the lightsaber-clipped belt and an un-zipped black leather jacket over it. He wore casual black pants, and his usual black combat boots that he wore both in diplomacy as well as in battle - the only remnant besides his belt and lightsaber of Josh's usual Jedi attire.

He looked her up and down a moment as she spoke, and chuckled a bit. "No worries. You look lovely either way" He would tease in turn with that usual cheeky grin of his as he walked in. "Apologies for mine as well. My robes are in the wash."

To her question, he shook his head. "I couldn't dare ask anything of the head of this operation" He spoke with another chuckle.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

She guided her eyes down to the ground, and as she smirked and tilted her head downward. Her arms came up when she folded them. There was an elephant in the room, and she was nervous to address it. Though it was something they were both hoping she would just come on and say. She motioned her head upward and look at Joshua.

"I'm sorry Joshua, I tried my best to give the life we all once had back. Since I was appointed to the council...I...I tried to be the voice that was needed, but I failed in that regard. Some days...I wish I never accepted the position." she said smiling slightly, and fiddling around with her feet.

"When Ryan won the election, I had my mind made up that I would travel the outer rim and take some time off from The Order, but then the circumstances changed...and you came along." She said the last parts quickly, she thought it was going down a road not fit for the moment.

"Wha..What I'm trying to say is...I'm not quiting, this isn't me giving up. But I've learned that...a good leader must be flexible and logical. There's no room for The Jedi Order right now...the galaxy is in turmoil and I know you feel it." she took a step closer as she pleaded. "We can't force it...but we can't ignore our roles as peacekeepers. Among the chaos there's space for us to help...the people on the outer rim need our help, there are things...beyond the fringe that we need to protect the galaxy from."

She took a moment.

"I understand...and you don't have to stay because of me. But I won't lie and say I don't need you. I want you to stay..."

They had to address it eventually, and eventually Shmi would. He would listen, as she did. His eyes drifted to the ground as she went on. It was a sore spot for him. He didn't like thinking about it, and yet it was all that was on his mind these days. The Jedi Master would let out a sigh, and shake his head.

"It's not your fault..." He spoke quietly. "We all tried. We all did what we could. We kept the Order alive a lot longer then it would have been under Korr. When he was elected, I was about to leave myself. I couldn't stand to see our beloved Order become a militaristic branch of someone's ideal that was nothing like what we had worked so hard to be with Corvus at our side" He would remark, biting his lip before looking her in the eyes. "You are the only reason I stayed. You kept that dream alive, Shmi. You accepting the position may have only delayed the inevitable, but it showed me something... It showed me that I'm not the only Jedi here who still believes in the way the Jedi should be. I... I thought that I was alone in this world in that matter, once Corvus disappeared... You gave me hope that there was still more Jedi like that out there. And you, of course, are one as well. So... I owe you a thanks on that. We tried to resurrect this dream of ours, Shmi... And we failed. Not by any fault of our own. We couldn't drum up the interest. Jedi these days only care about killing people, flirting with politicians and taking power. That's not the fault of either of us, that's just how the Jedi are today."

He looked away. "And yet... Now with this dissolution, I... I don't know what to do anymore. My only dream was to go back to the way things were with the Jedi. I worked so hard to make that a reality... We both did. That's been my dream since I left the old Jedi Order when it was with the Republic. And for a little while... I finally had my old life back, to a degree. Not as glamorous as it was before, sure... But for a time, I was able to relive my happiest years. And now... It's gone. It's been ripped away from me all over again..."

He stared into her eyes for a moment, and finally, the absolute sorrow he was feeling was made clear. "Do you have any idea how that makes me feel? What reason do I have to exist anymore? This was my life, Shmi. I've been a Jedi since I was a child. I can't be anything else. I can't be any other kind of Jedi. I refuse to be. I grew up like this, and I know that this is the right way, and yet... The people of this galaxy just don't see it that way. They think brute force is the answer, and nothing else. I get the need to fight... We're warriors. That's a fact. I'm a warrior. But I know that the path they are taking... It'll just make them the same monsters that the Sith are. Our aim has always been to be the peacekeepers, the protectors, of this galaxy... Not just through our strength, or our skill, our affinity for the Force... But by our compassion. Our empathy. Our ability to settle these issues without violence, and if we can't, to end things as peacefully as possible from there. We're not killers, Shmi. We're not monsters. We're not murderers. We're not soldiers, like these new Jedi are. We don't serve a political party. We don't work with a bias. We don't say how high when they tell us to jump. And we don't have an agenda of our own, except to protect people. To keep the peace. We do the -right- thing, at all times... That's what the Jedi are. I know the oldest tenants of the Jedi, which are long gone now, say not to love... But I love my job. I love being who I am. I love the Jedi Order, and that love is what has kept me around in the Jedi for as long as I've been. It's led me to blind loyalty, that's been shed and turned into wisdom, into perception. I am the master of my own destiny, and yet... I am also bound by it. I love the Jedi and what we stand for to the point that I can't be anything or anyone else."

He scratched his head. And for the first time since they had met, she could clearly see something she had never seen before. Josh DragonsFlame looked absolutely distressed. "And now... I can't be a Jedi, in a Jedi Order, surrounded by people who have that same love and passion for the Order, unless I decide to join something that I don't believe in. I don't know who or what I am anymore. These other orders don't share that empathy, that compassion for all life... They only see targets. Enemies. Things in their way. Me... I see people. I only kill when I have to, I can't stomach being a soldier serving an agenda. I'm one thing, and one thing only... And that's a Jedi Master. And now, I'm not sure what I am anymore. The term Jedi has changed now. It's reflected in a majority who're the equivalent of a Force-using militia. A military branch for a political party. I can't be that, but if I'm not that, then what I was before doesn't exist anymore.

And that hurts me more then any combat wound ever could..."

He closed his eyes, mulling over what she had asked of him.

"... I'll stay."

He spoke this quietly, before opening his eyes and looking at her. "For you. Because you haven't steered me wrong yet. And while part of me wants to go back into hiding, and wait for the day that they get their chit together... I know it's not likely it'll ever happen. This watchman thing... It's the closest thing to something I would belong to in this galaxy. And I... I refuse to sit on my arse and watch this Chaos go on, any longer."

He hadn't ever spoken so softly, so openly and honestly, to Shmi before. Their relationship had always been business, and until she had spoke just now, he had always just spoken business with her, with the infrequent quip here and there. But, this was the real Josh, deep down. Someone who was passionate about his convictions, and about what he believed in. Someone who loved the Jedi more then life itself... And in a way, it really was his life.

And finally, a small smile would cross his lips.

"... Besides, I can't say no to a pretty face."

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

She bit down on her lip, and kept her gaze on the floor. She could hear it in his voice that it was hard forcing it all to the surface...and quite frankly she wasn't sure what he would say. She was nervous...but when he stated she was the reason he stayed...her eyes grew and she looked up at him, surprised...that was the last thing she expected to hear from him.

She listened closely as much as she could, and she agreed with most of it and even felt for him because she knew how good of guy he was, and how much that drove him to help other people. When he would look down she kept her gaze...because she was given a glimpse of Joshua that she never would have thought she would see, a side she remained curious about. There was more to him than what she was given regularly and she felt connected...

His words, "I'll stay..." echoed through her whole body, and she stood there surprised because she thought after all he said...he would leave. For all the control she had...she couldn't control the emotions she felt and she couldn't keep from blushing. Before she was able to rebuttal but...she wasn't capable. She looked down as her face grew pink, trying to hide it because she didn't want to give him the satisfaction.

"Thank you Josh...I don't want you to go..." She said while her head was down.

When she looked up one could visually see the pink streaks along her face. "You scare me Joshua DragonsFlame...these flirtatious quips are a powerful weapon at your disposal...and I wonder if I am just another victim, or if I should be receiving them the way that I want to?"

She had a playful smirk on her face as she stared him down. She wondered...she lacked the experience so she wouldn't be surprised if he were only joking with her as usual.

Deep down, perhaps he really had just needed to let it all out. Josh traveled alone constantly, with only a droid for company. He had two droids and... A certain creature from his past, for company when he was home. But as he wasn't home often, and was constantly out in space, his sources of company were few and far between. Without a base of operations to go from, and with his friends sparse and few, Josh really, truly was alone when it came to human companionship in this day and age. It had all started, really, when he'd been stabbed in the back on the final day that he was Grandmaster. That loss of trust in other people, well... Could you really blame him? And even then, when he tried to trust people, he only found more pain in it's wake. And so, he found himself alone whether he chose to trust or not. He was constantly all-business, with hints of joking and wit here and there, when it came to his rare interactions with other people, in order to do what he needed to do for the sake of his job and what he believed in. Josh had led many to believe that mentally and emotionally, he was invincible. He was a mystery, he was a man who never seemed to let anything get to him. Nothing ever seemed to phase the Jedi Master, and he would continue to serve with a grin on his face, and a cheerful presence everywhere that he went, even when in business.

But in truth... All he had been doing was suppressing it. In truth, he was in pain. Agony. Part of him wanted to lash out so badly, wanted to scream and yell and just let it all out. But he couldn't do that... His Jedi discipline had taught him not to. He didn't trust people enough to let it all out most of the time, and because of that, not many knew who he was as a person besides what impressions came from what he did for others.

Truthfully... Deep down, he was hurt. He was pained, he was lonely and he was suffering. Everything that he'd believed in had been taken away from him, piece by piece. His friends, the people that he cared about, all gone. Jak had disappeared again. Aleidis was gone, likely dead. The woman he'd loved, Saoirse, had died long ago and left him a shell of what his cheerful self had once been. Asha? Dead. He had his father out there, somewhere... But had no clue where he could have gone, and the former "Chancellor Philip J. Halen" could very well be dead right now. His only other family was his brother, Nicholas DragonsFlame. And he... Well... They weren't exactly on speaking terms, and probably never would be. [member="Tracyn"] he didn't know if he was alive or dead. He'd felt a disturbance in the Force once, that seemed like it was him... But yet, he wasn't sure. But they hadn't spoken in years. Sure, they'd made up last they had met. Tracyn had thought that he was macking it with his wife, when it couldn't have been any further from the truth. He'd managed to listen to reason long enough for Josh to explain. Seeing as Josh had been with Sao at the time, it wasn't a hard thing to believe, really. But regardless of the result of that, he hadn't seen Tracyn since, and presumably he was dead.

Who else was there? He'd met so many people, but so few stuck out in his mind as true friends. Rianna, he supposed... But she as well disappeared. Likely dead, or out in hiding with her husband. She too, he hadn't heard from in many a long time. [member="Lady Kay"] was around, he supposed, but he hadn't heard from her in quite some time, and he hadn't known her long enough to confide in her. Nor had they interacted much. Talia... Also likely dead. He wasn't sure if Sochi Ru could be considered one, thinking back on her... Their meetings were sporadic, and rather complicated in recent events. What ever happened in those events anyway? It was like it was incomplete or something...

In the end, Josh just flat out had nobody to confide in, or to be as honest as he had just been with Shmi. He had been alone on a constant basis for so long that he couldn't remember what it was like to regularly have company, to regularly have friends, people to talk to, to trust and confide in... And that had left him hurting, and suffering. He didn't know why he'd let all of that out to Shmi, but he had. The entire Jedi deal had been bothering him for quite some time, and to speak directly of it just... Brought it all out.

He had tried to hide it, suppress it for so long... But here it was, live and in full, living color. There was no hiding his pain anymore. The absolute devastation he felt from the loss of his dream. From the era that he yearned for more then anything. When everything made sense... When he could just be a Jedi, and do some good for the galaxy and the people within it. When he was surrounded by people who benevolently wanted to do the same. When he had people he could trust and confide in, who wouldn't stab him in the back. He was happy then... But now he was unable to trust... And now he was alone.

Just blurting that out was part of the consequences, he knew, of having been alone to the degree he had been...

"I'll stay..." He repeated as she would speak, snapping him out of his trance for a moment, but his head still low, staring down at the floor. "I'm still needed here. And besides... You've proven that so far, you won't steer me wrong working with you. I want to protect these people... Even if I can only do my part in a sector. It's still something... And it's better then sitting on my arse feeling sorry for myself."

Her next words would cause him to snap to attention and stare her dead in the face, a brow raised in surprise. Genuine surprise. It was there that he noted the blush to her cheeks, and he started to grasp the meaning. This was.... Well, new to him. Not new entirely, but certainly something that he hadn't experienced in a very sizable amount of time.

He considered his choice words for a moment, before deciding to address this one piece at a time. He didn't have his smirk, his expression seemed neutral, almost as though he were appraising and analyzing the situation before speaking.

"I've never considered them a weapon, myself" He would admit, allowing a gentle breath to escape his lips as he attempted to calm himself, a hand reaching up to stroke a long strand of golden blonde hair from his face that had begun to obstruct his eyes and by extension his visual viewpoint. His tone was low, not in a growl, but a soft hue that was unlike the cheerfully confident tone that he usually brought about. There was no flair, no swagger, no confidence and cheerfulness to him. It was a confidence he usually keep up to keep others upbeat, knowing that if he was visibly down... Then so would be the others around him. One of the few lessons he learned while fighting the Republic's wars... Was how important morale was. Keeping upbeat and confident kept others the same in most cases, and kept morale up. It could turn the tide in any circumstance... Whether in battle, or in planning. Strategy... It could be decided by mental state as well as skill. He was no militant Jedi, warrior or not. He was no Selena Halcyon, he wasn't like the Alliance's Jedi, [member="Ryan Korr"] and his group... As much as he respected their work in dealing with the Sith, he wasn't like them. He wasn't like the Republic's Knights... But he could understand and respect the lessons that could only be learned in the ways of war, and mass scale combat... And he understood that one day, he would have to join one of these battles in order to push the Sith out. He didn't like to admit it, but driving the Sith away and lowering their political scale was just as key to success as keeping from turning into the monsters that the Sith were, was... Compassion had it's place, and so did battle. And one day, he knew that he would have to balance both. But in doing what they did, back in the Republic's halcyon days, no pun intended... He learned lessons that aided him even now. It wasn't something he liked to admit, but it was a fact.

Morale... A subtle but important part of every group.

"I've always done it for a laugh, on both sides, I'll admit..." He spoke softly. "Laughter is a gift, Shmi. We don't get near enough of it, and I love to provide it. Laughter makes people happy, for a time. It takes the pain away, it makes people smile. In a way, I live to make people laugh" He would add, a small smile crossing his lips. "Besides once or twice in the past... I've never truly done it in excess with the intention of bedding someone. I apologize if I made you think that you were some sort of victim in that. That was never my intention" He spoke, his lips twitching into an apologetic frown. He knew she was joking around, and yet... He felt as though he'd wronged her in the way he'd said that. But... Well, he'd been honest with her already. Might as well be out with it.

"And yet... I'd be lying if I said that the idea hadn't crossed my mind."

He took a deep breath as he admitted that. He gave her a once over, seeming to take a moment to bring the topic back into mind again. And then his eyes met hers again.

"You're beautiful. Absolutely stunning. Possibly one of the most beautiful women I've ever met in this life. Your eyes are a beautiful shade, that I could gaze into for eternity and never get tired of them... And you truly love what you believe in, going to whatever lengths you could to preserve it. You're dedicated, and you have always given time to the people that work under you. Where others would flat out consider them under them and treat them as such... You have always treated myself and the other members of this now former Jedi Order with respect, and as equals... As Jedi. I have not seen someone who holds onto what they believe in as strongly as you do now. I admire that about you, I really do... Both sides of you. Inside and out."

This wasn't Josh's usual joking flirting that Shmi was used to. No... Not at all. This was something completely different. There was no joke to it. This time... He was just being truthful. Absolutely truthful, blunt and honest about what was on his mind. And yet... His heart was racing. Why was it racing? He wasn't in combat, he wasn't fighting...

"To answer your question... Well, to be honest, it's up to you. I've been upfront with you, thus far, perhaps more then I would have been normally. Perhaps you would like to be upfront with me on the matter in return?" He would inquire, with a gentle tilt of his head.

Beyond the veil that he'd cast in front of himself for all this time... This was the real Josh, what she was seeing now... For better, or for worse...

"Every Jedi knows that knowledge is power, after all, [member="Shmi Labooda"]...

Tarrlok

What she was use to was their playful banter, Joshua was one of the laid back ones...and from time to time they would throw quips back and forth...that much she expected but at some point she had begun to look at him differently. She recalled on Exis when she caught herself looking at him, and her opinions started to change...why? She never truly knew...but since then it had only grown, and she began to receive his jokes in a different way.

When he explained that it was normally for the laughter, she nodded her head slowly, because she thought of course she was overthinking and possibly over stepped her bounds by addressing it. But who would they ever be this exposed again? her hands came up, just below her shoulders while her arms were folded over each other. Her right hand grew tense as she squeezed the bulk of her upper arm while listening to him speak, expecting him to say something she wasn't quite looking forward to. His apology only made her anxious...and she scrunched up her lips and blinked her eyes a few times breaking eye contact for the moment...

Though it was what he said after that captured her attention. She face grew lighter, and less tense and he complimented her, announcing the things he enjoyed about her. She had never really acknowledged her physical attributes before...to know that he saw something other than how plain she was peaked her interest. She tensed up and her body jolted as she laughed silently to herself...she blushed obviously this would be completely out of her control.

"I...I have always been drawn to you. My entire life has been dedicated to the order...I try and conduct myself as a Jedi should...but with you I've been able to laugh. I knew on Exis...at the Conclave. You've been my biggest confidant, and the biggest pain" She said jokingly, laughing as she caught his gaze and took a moment...

"I just knew that I wanted you close, your conviction inspires me DragonsFlame. I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it either. I was waiting for you..."

He listened to her words carefully, his eyes never leaving her except for small increments of time where he seemed to be lost in thought. The Jedi Master hadn't considered the idea of a relationship in a very long time. But Shmi had held his attention, held his affection for longer then he might have cared to admit. He'd tried to push it away, knowing that being his boss when they had met, it would cause problems for their professional relationship and potentially distract Shmi from the task at hand. But... While they were more or less on equal footing now, with the formation of this new... Thing... What did all of this mean for them?

She was waiting for him, she had said... He would scratch his head, his gaze finally leaving hers as his cheeks finally turned a slight pink shade, biting his lip as he tried to wrap his head around all this. Josh DragonsFlame, blushing? That was a new one.

"Well... I'm not the best at making the first move" He would admit with a light laugh. "It's been so long for me, I'm not really... Well... I guess it's safe to say I don't know my way around this sort of thing anymore" He'd add, with a small smirk.

"I guess the question is... Well... A few questions are... Are you willing to put up with me?" He asked, smirking as he met her gaze. "Not to mention another thing.... The age gap. It's a tad long. Does it not bother you at all?" Josh would inquire, pacing the room a moment as he would then gaze out the window. She was 35, after all. Him? 25. It was an interesting age gap. "Granted... Mentally, I'm far older then I am physically, just with the years I've spent with the Jedi. But, I suppose you knew that" He would add, another light chuckle ensuing. "And perhaps the biggest burden of the three... Our work. It means a lot to the both of us. Do you think that something between us will impede it? Or will us working at it together only allow us to better accomplish what we both love to do?" Josh would ask as he looked back at her.

"Speaking freely without worry... With you, I feel like I can be myself, for the first time in a long time... To be honest, I'd love nothing more then to act on how I've felt, to be close to you, as I've wanted to be for so long." Josh would admit, and finally his lips twitched into a smile. "Hopefully for the long term. If you think you can put up with me."

He wasn't very good at this whole relationship talk thing anymore, he could admit. It felt weird to use the term "girlfriend" or "lover", especially when they had first come in here to discuss business. Perhaps he could learn to adjust. It was funny, for all of his jokingly flirtatious talk, he near clammed up when it came to something serious. The confidence wasn't there like it used to be. He was almost shy.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

The right corner of her mouth tightened up, her left eyebrow rose, and her arms folded over each other as she realized that he was turning pink. At least she wasn't the only one, and for a second she was proud to witness it and possibly be the cause of it. Though judging by the circumstances she was most likely the cause. Then his smirk made her feel warm, that things weren't getting awkward for them.

She had a humorous expression on her face while he spoke, only because he was really concerned...you would think the tables would be turned seeing as how conservative she was and how laxed he happened to be. She watched him pace around her room while speaking on the obvious things that could possibly affect them if they were to be together. He finally slowed down, and stood next to her window.

She slowly approached and stood next to him, looking through the window in open space...then she turned to face him while using her left index finger to push a few strands of her hair from in front of her face. "You see...I told you your dangerous. You come in here to discuss business but then the tables turn just that quick." She smirked.

"I've put up with you this long..." she said chuckling, "I'm not worried about any of those things, I think I can handle you...I mean...unless your worried?" she said calmly while she ran her hand over his jacket, and then softly tugged at each side as she brought them together...though then she realized what she was doing and released her hands as she spoke her last few words.

She looked down and then up at him again, "I apologize for that..."

It was funny, now Shmi was the laid back one, and Josh was the reserved, conservative one. It was as though they'd switched roles when the idea of a relationship had come up. Josh tended to overthink things, although he didn't tend to let it show. Now he really was letting it show, and in a way, showed just how much like Shmi he was on several fronts. Meanwhile Shmi was showing some of his own traits when it came to this. The whole thing was just a hilarious mess.

At her joke though, that smirk of his returned as he looked away from the window and over at her. "I noticed that" He would tease back with a light chuckle. "Or maybe that's just you. It's hard to resist a beaut like you, after all" The Jedi Master would joke, shooting her a cheeky grin in turn. He took a breath and closed his eyes as she brought up that she wasn't worried, once again lost in thought as he just tried to make heads or tails of all of this. He opened his eyes in time to notice her fiddling with his jacket, and scratched his head with another blush finding it's way to the surface.

Finally, he seemed to reach a conclusion in his head, and he took the initiative this time - gently taking her hands in his, looking her in the eyes and smiling a bit.

"Well... If you're not worried, then I won't be either" He answered softly. "I'll do what I've done since I've met you, and that's trust your judgement."

He chuckled a bit.

"You haven't steered me wrong yet."

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

She jumped slightly when he pulled her hands, and held them in his. All she could do was form a grin, and soak in the emotions and words that filled them both. It was almost as if they were switching roles constantly, trading off feelings because they both were flying headfirst into a situation they had been holding back. She didn't want to do it anymore...and this proved to her that he was serious as well.

"Good...lets fight those battles when they come...if they come. Until then it can just be us." She released her left hand from his grip, and slowly moved it towards the right side of his face. There, she gently laid the tips of her fingers there...and she felt the warmth he gave off.

Then she moved in slowly, moving her head closer to his...she forced herself to go for it. She felt comfortable enough to finally do it, but she had never done it before so she was scared it wouldn't impress him much; a kiss. She got extremely close, and just before she reached his lips her head jolted downward, and her right index finger came up to rest just under her nose.

She sneezed, a soft sneeze.

"Josh...I am so sorry."

It seemed that Josh had finally gotten at least some of his confidence back. He supposed that settled it, didn't it? It was weird, being with someone again after all these years. But... At the same time, he felt... Happy. Elated, even. Something about it just felt so right. Being with her felt so right. They'd been holding all of this back for so long, and it was just nice to finally be able to let loose and be honest with one another about how they felt.

"Let's."

They both moved in, slowly at first, but the embrace was inevitable. He was moving on instinct now. Not by the Force, but by his own human instincts telling him to move forward. But just before they could complete the motion, Shmi would jolt her head downward. Josh would shift just a little, almost as if he'd sensed it coming and made sure she didn't sneeze on him. When she would bring her head back up and apologized, he only laughed in turn.

"No worries."

The blonde smirked, and placed a playful peck on Shmi's lips.

"We've got plenty of time to practice, no?"

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom