Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Cantina in Azar City

She moves like she don't care
Time: 6:15 pm, Standard Galactic Time

She had come to Azar City to learn about the Force ever since her sensitivity was unlocked. Since then, she had spent her time learning more about the mysterious power that held the galaxy together. Meditation. Lightsaber practice. Levitating objects. The lessons kept her busy during the day, but night time was the period where she had time for herself. She found herself exploring the night life in the city every now and then, trying to figure out what made the citizens tick. Apparently most of them had simple expectations. Food, drinks and music was sufficient to pull a crowd, even though the quality was questionable at times.

That meant a business opportunity for Mariya.

Her business acumen decided to spend some of her company resources to build up a cantina in Azar City itself. She had selected a location which was near the city center, ideal for people who had finished their day to drop by for a drink or two. The rental price was cheaper than what she had paid in Coruscant or Alderaan, planets which were already well developed. Other challenges were present though. Food supplies had to be imported in. Brewery machines had to be ordered from her company head office and delivered over. Workers needed to be hired. Lighting needed to be installed. Security needed to be in place.

The whole setup took her a couple of months, but finally the cantina was almost ready for business. The owner had came in early to inspect the renovation work done by the contractors. The furnishing was set up to be similar to her own cantinas. She went through the checklist, ticking things off once she was satisfied with the setup. The waiting line was present, with a newly hired staff trained to handle the desk. The payment counter was tested to make sure the transactional systems were working. The music stage had the sound checked, with a karaoke holo system in place. Alcohol and spirits were stocked up properly at the bar counter. The kitchen was spotless and clean, with sample dishes cooked by the chefs for her taste test. By the time she finished her inspection, it was already slightly after six. The cantina would be open for business tomorrow. Tonight, it was reserved for some very special guests.

The Je'daii Order had been invited by the blonde to drop by for a chill out session. The cantina offered the same menu as her other branches, with special food and drinks available for orders if the customers decided to do so. The Je'daii Order was going to be her first customers to test out the system. Mariya expected flaws and mistakes to happen, despite all the training and preparations. So to even out the possibility of poor service, Mariya had made it clear that everything was on the house tonight.

"The tables are ready, Madam," a tall looking Togorian in a slick uniform approached the owner with a nod. "Including the kitchen. Shall I also ask for the band to come in?"

"Yes, some live music will be good," Mariya nodded. The band soon came in and started off with a soft melody of piano and saxaphone.

Rai Seren

R
She didn't know why she'd come back.

For two years now she'd been away, roaming about the galaxy in search of herself. She'd even gone back to her people's homeworld in hopes of finding something about her mother. Of course she hadn't found anything. Nobody knew what had happened, or where she was. No one that she could find, at least. Someone out there knew, but whoever they were, they were keeping it to themselves. All she really wanted to know was why her mother had chosen to abandon her on Aurum. Not to mention she wanted to know where her father was, and who her siblings were. Master Xevras had refused to tell her anything other than her parents names. Maybe out of hope to protect her, or maybe because he didn't know.

But now she was back on Aurum. Her dark hair swayed in a gentle breeze as she walked through the streets of Azar City. She probably should have gone to find her old Master and let him know she was back, but she wasn't ready for that. Having just disappeared on him like she had, she figured he'd probably be mad at her. After all, he'd essentially been her father without being her father. It was clear to her that he had cared for her after all the time they had spent together. She probably shouldn't have just left. It was mean of her, but she'd had to.

A cantina appeared before her. She didn't know it, and it looked new. Not that it mattered. She walked inside all the same. Strictly speaking, she was too young to be drinking. Officially she could get in trouble for doing it. Unofficially, she'd been drinking for almost two years. Not heavily, just sometimes because sometimes she just couldn't deal with the things she saw and did, and the alcohol drowned it out so that she could go on functioning. With her saber slung to her back, she looked older than she was anyway. Add in what she was wearing, robes and a golden headband, and she definitely looked like she was older. She approached the bar and sat down next to someone she didn't know and didn't care to know. Lifting her hand, she signaled the barkeep.

"Double stout, no foam."

[member="Mariya Fleischer"] [member="Jyn Lorr"]

db34470658274cde0ac9d400b1cfa4d4-dc41r8p.png

"She'll have reythan juice, instead," came a voice from just behind Rai, one which while somewhat quiet given the surroundings held a morose depth to it. The owner of it leaned down, brushing his lips against the right ear of the girl, and his voice dropped into a whisper.

"When did this become the norm, Miss Seren? You're sixteen years old, almost to the day, and this is a Je'daii establishment... I applaud you for having the nerve to try, truly I do, but there'll be no more of that on my watch. Your mother would find a way to end this pitiful existence of mine if she knew."

Pulling up a stool he sat beside her at the bar and glanced toward the barkeep who had at this point already poured the stout. He gestured for the alcoholic beverage to be brought his way instead, and gave its contents a quick sniff. Repulsive, but he wouldn't have it said that he let it go to waste.

"You look well, Little One, it seems the greater Galaxy suits you. You could have at least sent me a message every once in a while, though..."

The Je'daii Temple Master of Stav Kesh leaned against the bar, inspecting the girl for a moment. She had certainly grown a lot in their two years apart, but that happened when they hit their mid teens. Truth be told Toru was just glad that she was alive, he would never have forgiven himself if he had betrayed Asha Seren's trust like that.

[member="Rai Seren"]

After a long day toiling over the Forge, the first thought on Kyra's mind had been to attend the opening of a new cantina in Azar City. It wasn't that far from the workshop she had spent countless hours in, and so after a quick pit stop to change her shirt and wipe the sweat from her skin the woman made her way down to the main promenade and stopped before the door security.

"Kyra Sol, Je'daii Journeyer,"

It felt so strange to say that aloud; Kyra had almost finished her Great Journey, and yet that was likely the very first time she had ever uttered those words, that title, aloud. After checking the list the doorman stepped aside and with a small nod of thanks the Epicanthix walked into the establishment.

Cozy. That was one word for it. Her gaze scanned the room, and she spotted a handful of notable individuals such as the owner of the establishment and the Temple Master of Stav Kesh. Her stomach rumbled noisily, she still hadn't eaten since breakfast, and so for once her first thought was food instead of getting something to drink.

Approaching [member="Mariya Fleischer"] she offered the woman a very subtle smile, she wasn't good at all of these formalities or niceties, and glanced toward the band which was setting up.

"I have to say, I love what you've done to the place."

Of course, the pair had never actually been formally introduced. Kyra had been a little wayward as of late and her return had been extremely quiet. Back to her duties without a word. She knew she was being set up to go and Steward for Anil Kesh, but that hadn't been formalized yet so she'd enjoyed what peace and quiet she'd had in the meantime.

"I'm Kyra Sol, nice to finally meet you."

[member="Mariya Fleischer"]

Rai Seren

R
She couldn't help but curse under her breath. Of course he would manage to find her before she could actually get settled in and relaxed for a moment. Just one drink was all she had wanted. Was that really to much to ask for? He didn't know why she needed it. He also wasn't likely to find out. She turned and looked him square in the eye, unflinching. For several minutes she said nothing at all to him.

"What do you know of my family? Nearest I can tell she's dead, so I doubt you even need to care. And my father? I don't even know who he is, so no idea if he's alive. Do I have any other family? Have you been hiding everything from me?"

She spun her chair back around and leaned on the counter. Eyes turned one way, then another, taking in everyone else that was there. Not many, and no familiar faces. Just Toru.

"Your training came in handy. Turns out girls my age are too popular in some places. I spent two years looking for anything and found nothing."

The barkeep brought her juice and she just stared at it. She didn't want juice. Juice was for children that had never seen the things she had seen. She wanted something stronger. That's why she had come in before going to look for her mentor. She hadn't been ready to see him yet. She also hadn't known the establishment had anything in particular to do with the Je'daii. It was new, and she hadn't known any of them to take an interest in business of that nature.

Times had changed.

[member="Asha Hex"] [member="Kyra Sol"] [member="Mariya Fleischer"]

Toru let out one long sigh, and softly shook his head.

Reaching out he set a hand upon the shoulder of the brooding teen, and tried to turn her back around to talk to him once she gave him the cold shoulder and was done with the accusations. One brow raised, eyes boring into hers yet not in disdain. Far from it, he had raised this one since she was just a few months old.

"You think I haven't been searching for those answers too, Rai?" He shook his head, taking the juice she so bluntly refused to drink and downing it in a few seconds. Afterward he split the stout between the two cups, giving her visibly less than his own, and passed it across to her. The look he gave her spoke volumes: this would not be a common occurrence.

"We have much to talk about, you and I, of your mother and father, and of other familial ties which have presented themselves to me. Are you going to keep stewing in teenage rage, or will you hear me out? Being that you ignored me for the past two years I doubt I'm the person you came here to see... But I'm who you've got. So you can get a little bit of self control, like you were always taught to display, and listen to what I have to say, or you can drink that disgusting beverage and I'll leave you to your anger. Choice is yours, little one."

[member="Rai Seren"]

Rai Seren

R
"I didn't ignore you. I was just- busy."

It was true, mostly. She hadn't told him she was leaving because she knew he would have objected and stopped her. Mostly because she knew she was being irresponsible and throwing herself into danger by leaving like she did. But she also knew that if she didn't go, she was going to explode and then she would end up far worse than she was now. She hadn't wanted that anyway. Xevras had been good to her over the years and he didn't deserve to have her truly explode like she was close to before.

She eyed the glass, well, half a glass, of stout when it was offered to her, and then she took it and downed it in one go. It didn't do as much as she wanted, but it was better than nothing at all. She set the cup back on the counter and then pushed it away. He wasn't going to let her have more, so there wasn't any point in trying to get it.

"I'm not angry at you. Not really. This stuff just makes me feel calmer when I am angry."

Orange eyes looked up at him. The redfrom her younger years had mellowed out considerably. She was, clearly, calmer now that sheddrank the drink. Lifting her hand, she tucked some of her hair back behind her ear, getting it out of her face to that he could see her better. He hadn't sat, so she pointed at the emptyseat next to her, indicating that he should. If they were going to talk, it would be better if he did sit.

[member="Asha Hex"]

Busy.

There were many things he could have responded with, but instead he merely shrugged and planted his backside on the stool he had previously pulled up beside her. "Next time, just... Keep your comm frequency the same, alright? You'll have me turning grey with worry."

Kind of an ironic statement, given that Toru was already beginning to grey, and the statement was accompanied by a slight grin. A bit of humor before the conversation turned far more serious. He hadn't wanted to have this conversation quite so soon, but then again he wasn't expecting Rai to return in such a dire state.

"We need to find you a better outlet for your anger, Rai. Turning to alcohol and other vices? That's a dangerous path. If your body doesn't turn against you then your mind will, negative stimulants like this," he gestured at the bar, "leave your brain foggy, mess with your instincts and your perception. Something to work on..."

She was wanting answers. Answers he could give her. Answers she likely wasn't going to be happy with. But it was time to give her the information she required, in truth information he hadn't received until her absence. The Je'daii had formed into a fully fledged Order in her absence, and with it the arrival of her kin'.

"I found out what happened to your parents, Rai. There is good news, and there is bad news. Which would you prefer I begin with?"

[member="Rai Seren"]

Rai Seren

R
"Works if you have access to comms, which I didn't always, but yeah sure."

He was concerned and she understood that. Didn't change the fact that she didn't want him fawning all over her like there was no tomorrow. She could handle herself. Independence was new to her when she left, and it had been quite a bit frightening at first, but she'd grown up. Now she preferred it rather than being tied down somewhere or behind someone. She didn't need Toru to protect her anymore. Teach her, yes, but not protect. She could protect herself and rather effectively so. She had to have been able to just to survive to that point.

And little known to him she did have a plan for something else to do. A tailoring business. She'd become quite skilled at it out of necessity and now she wanted to capitalize on it. The drink she'd come in for had just been a one off to prepare her to go and face him, but naturally he'd found her first. Edge breakers we're not allowed anymore. Not to mention the fact that she was too young on Aurum to be drinking. Too young most places outside of fringe world's.

"I already know my mother is dead. I know I had at least one other sibling who is also dead. I know I have a brother named Kobe who is alive somewhere. Want to know how I know?"

She hoped he would be surprised by her admission of knowledge on these things, even though Toru had told her that he suspected Kaine had killed her mother back before she'd left to go on her own. Knowledge wasn't the only thing she'd sought in that time she'd grown stronger and learned new skills. Still, the main reason for her journey had been to learn and she had done so in a way that was likely to shock her master and caretaker.

"I fought Kaine Zambrano on Alderaan. I have the scars to prove as much. And I know he wasn't lying when he told me what he did. I also know how to best him now. Next time will be his undoing."

[member="Asha Hex"]

This girl proved to be one surprise after the other. If his heart was weaker he might have worried about her being the end of him, but he was a battle-hardened individual who had faced much in the way of unexpected news and hardship. Did she make him a little more tender? Of course, but that came with the position of Guardian. She was legally his Ward, after all.

"I see..."

That she had already actively sought out Kaine was somewhat disturbing to him, but she seemed in one piece after the encounter. He could only hope that she had meditated after the fact, that she had not allowed her anger to seep and stew.

"You are correct. You lost your mother and your brother to his hand, and he does hold another of them. However... I have information on your Father, and another sibling, who might be closer than either of us ever thought possible."

For now he ignored her final comments, about being his undoing. It was highly implausible in his mind that she could bring down the Titan of Panatha, but there was no sense in belittling or chiding her. He'd try to talk sense in her before such an attempt next arose.

"Your Father's name is Tracyn Ordo, a Mandalorian who existed within the Jedi Order. In more recent years he's been sighted around this very planet, and it is my belief that he will return again in the near future. You see, you also have a sister who exists on this world also. Her name is Jyn... And she is a member of our Order."

[member="Rai Seren"]

Rai Seren

R
Well she'd expected to be chided for fighting Kaine. Toru had to know she wasn't skilled enough to face the Emperor of the Sith Empire yet. She knew it so she knew he knew it. The fact that he didn't scold her for it told her that he at least trusted her not to get herself killed, even though she had come pretty close to doing just that. She'd taken it all a bit too far in dealing with him as she had, and she knew it. But live and learn, right? She knew better for the next time she fought him, that if she wasn't ready, then she would need to back off and that was exactly what she would do. Though she had no intention of going and seeking him out in the near future. She had to train a lot before she was ready to kill him.

But he went on to explain further, to tell her things that she hadn't known and was unlikely to have discovered anytime soon. Her father. She'd known she had one, of course, but the fact that he was alive, and that he had even been there not long ago. Tracyn Ordo. She was an Ordo? A Seren and a member of a vast Mandalorian clan. That.. surprised her. She looked down at her hands and stared at them as if they were foreign to her. And then he told her that he had a sister. A sister right there on Aurum possibly? A member of their Order? Her fingers clinched into balls, and drops of liquid fell down on them from her face.

"All this time and they were so close?"

There was no anger in her voice, just remorse. She'd been so close to them and she hadn't even known it. And now? Now all she could do was shed tears and stare at her hands because she had family near to her and now she didn't know what to do. Could she just go up to them and tell them she was their sister and daughter? How was that going to work? She wiped her arm on her sleeve and looked up at Toru, smiling just a bit.

"Thank you for finding out and telling me."

[member="Asha Hex"]

Close.

"In a sense, yes; though the Je'daii only recently reformed, and it was this reformation which brought them here to Aurum. In fact, almost as soon as you left my side I was called to Teth to meet with your sister who spearheaded the reformation. I did not find out until very recently though who she saw. You don't share a father, though. I imagine Tracyn will be happy to discover he has a child who hasn't been corrupted by Kaine Zambrano."

From what he had heard, the man had been struggling in the years following his wife's death. Understandably so.

"Now. I want you to promise me something Rai... Don't go chasing after Kaine. You are still so young, you have so much life to live, and now you have family to get to know. He isn't worth your rage. Vengeance is a slippery slope, it does not end. Trust me on that, Little One..."

[member="Rai Seren"]

Rai Seren

R
She wiped her eyes again.

"Close, though. Following the same path in the Force."

Her eyes were a bit red and puffy now, but not too bad. She hadn't cried her eyes out, just shed a few tears because she had family close. Kobe wasn't the only living relative that she had. She was good to know, but she did still intend to get him back from the grasp of the Zambrano's. Sometime. She had to free him from that hell. Eventually. She couldn't help but smile and laugh a little when he mentioned not going after Kaine again. She wasn't ready for that either, and she knew as much, so she wasn't going to go running off to chase after him. She had to train. She needed the right equipment. She needed time. Sometime she'd be ready to take him on and kill him, but it wouldn't be soon.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to go and fight him again anytime soon. I'm not ready for it."

She huffed out a laugh through tears and looked at the barkeep.

"Water?"

He nodded and slid her a glass which she took a drink from before looking back at Toru.

"Thank you for finding out and telling me. I can't wait to meet them. Hopefully I'll get lucky and it will be soon. Even if we only share a mother she's still my sister and that's what matters to me."

[member="Asha Hex"]

Toru gave a light nod of his head, and settled one hand upon her shoulder.

"I would never keep such things from you, Little One. We are a team, you and I, we always were. You make me proud, Rai..."

He smiled then, something the ageing man rarely did these days, and leaned against the bar top with a soft sigh. The return of his Ward set all things right in the Galaxy again for him, it had taken him so long to adjust to a quieter life, one without war and hardship, yet the past few years despite this being his life had been filled with constant worry and uncertainty. It was not nice, not knowing where she was, if she was alive and well.

"Now... Let us enjoy this evening. No more talk of Monsters from Panatha, hm?"

[member="Rai Seren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom