Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Beginning

Zylah gave a laugh. She found it amusing how he thought her similar to Corvus. They hadn't started out like that. She had made her a better Jedi. Or more simply put, she had made her Jedi. So to Zylah, it was a compliment. "We believe in the same Code. I was brought up on her rhetoric. It shouldn't come as too big a surprise" she replied with a smile.

She wondered what he had meant with the advice Corvus got 'too late', and what her Master had done with said advice. "I don't feel like the Force takes anything from me. It gives. Peace, calm, tranquillity. I know who I am and what my purpose is" what more could she ask for? Though suppose she was far quicker to drown herself in the duties and responsibilities of the Jedi, and put others ahead of herself. As good of a cause as it was, it could be exhausting too.

The young Jedi took note of the words he used, talk of selling souls. She wondered what incident had led to him viewing it as that. "Selling one's soul... That sounds more like a commitment to the Dark Side. No, the Force is my guide, not my slavemaster" Zylah had taken no offense, and her voice seemed as calm and cordial as it had been at the start of the conversation. It was both healthy and interesting to share their views on their profession, as colleagues from different parts of the galaxy.

"But I can also see where you're coming from. I suppose..." she paused, cutting herself of as the words to follow never came. She thought on it for another moment. In the end no clarity came in her pause, and so she simply continued with "I suppose I don't really know how, you know? To be any different. I never had any family" she was the result of Arkanian genetic engineering. "All I've ever known has been the life of the Jedi. Even as a child, all I wanted to was to one day live up to be a true Jedi, one the Order could be proud of" the excellent Jedi set the standards pretty high. She had been a child riddled with insecurities, reaching for something she seemed so far away from achieving herself. Now she was getting there, but it was more lonely than she had expected. She had few friends to mention, and with her Master gone... At least she had her kitty, Prudence.

Zylah had smiled a thank you to his remark about her aura. That was positive, and she was glad that was the conclusion he reached. "Of course" she said, thinking a bit on his question. How had she found the path she was walking on? Well, suppose she already had given some away. Connor knew a little about childhood as well as her eventual clash with the Republic.

"I'm an Arkanian Offshoot" she confessed. "A sub-species to the Arkanians, created by a team of Arkanian scientists." she added, in case it was something he wasn't familiar with. "These particular scientists had ties with the black market. Producing slaves, mercenaries and the like. Lucky me" she sighed, but smiled a little jokingly. It was in the past now, and she didn't remember much. "Their establishment was shut down by Jedi. That's when I was fist taken into the Order." she gave a little background story, painting a better picture of herself to him. She didn't seem to have any issues talking about it, and would also not mind answering further questions if he was curious.

"What about you, Connor? Were you brought up in the Republic once, or has it always been the Silver Coalition for you?"

[member="Connor Harrison"]

Standing by the railing, he looked out over Voss, flicking attention between Zylah and the planet. She certainly was a Jedi born of the Force, and had known nothing else. Which wasn't a bad thing.

"I was in the Republic circle once, many years ago. I started there from Anaxes, but it was on a training expedition to Rhen Var that I sort of...messed things up for myself, my fellow students and my teacher."

He turned his right wrist over, pulled the tunic sleeve back and showed her the mangled scar of raised flesh. It was literally like the skin had been melted together to cover a gash.

"Got a little present from that day."

Connor smiled; he liked showing off his war-wounds as it made him who he was, and he wouldn't ever deny that.

"Safe to say I packed up from the Republic and left, partly my own choice as I suffered a few setbacks. Fast forward a few months, and I was soon intercepting a transmission from the Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi, Iella E'ron, landing on Voss and so I followed and introduced myself as I knew the rumors about the Silvers were strong but didn't know how true. Fast forward a few years, and the Temple is established, the planet is our home, we have a new Grandmaster and new faces pass through our doors daily."

He looked back out to the planet, remembering the early days when he helped forge what they now stood on.

"If you feel we can help you continue your progression serving the Light, I know we will be happy to welcome you in. I am sure you could bring a lot of knowledge to others; especially if we syphon that knowledge from Corvus's teachings!"

[member="Zylah Dvale"]

She nodded slowly as he explained. She didn't ask a follow-up question on what happened on Rhen Var. She didn't need to know. If he wanted to share he would, but if not it was probably a topic he would prefer to avoid. She was maybe sometimes cold but not heartless.

"Oh" she said, looking with interest on his scar. It reminded him of how she herself had been marked. It had been a Sith Knight on Telti, when she was but a Padawan. "I'd show you mine, but you know, it's a little hard to do without getting this thing off" she joked, pulling slightly at her tunic. Suppose she could've pulled it up to show her side, technically, but it wasn't really that important.

"I hope so. I don't know what the future holds." she admitted. Perhaps this could become a base of operation as she went on her Jedi business. Perhaps she would fail to land, and be sent out to wander the Galaxy alone again. For whatever reason, in the back of her mind she couldn't help but feel that she would never feel like she truly belonged anywhere again. "But I will try. And I'll continue serving the Light one way or another. I'm not known for giving up" she finished with a smile. "You managed. Maybe I will too"

[member="Connor Harrison"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom