Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Beginning

Watching Krest as he went through the basic slashes, Kale kept a close watch on his feet so he knew how to move when performing the same maneuvers. Watching as Krest slid instead of picking up his feet most of the time. Taking note when Krest told him what to do Kale took the stance and started off with a slash going left to right moving his feet along with the slashes so he could practice while following the Zabrak. Each step forward was accompanied with a slash or diagnol cut from Kale working his way forward. Sweat adorened his head as they made thier way forward.

[member="Krest"]

There were no words from the Zabrak as he let the boy continue his routine moves. Hours would pass as they walked in the plains of Naboo without any sort of change save for the scenery. He could hear the boy working behind him, training. And it excited him. Knowing someone was willing to learn from him. Suddenly he would speak, letting his voice drift back to the boy behind him.

"New routine. When I call a number, I want you to slash at that part. Alright?" He glanced over his shoulder, waiting for an answer.

[member="Kale Xeros"]

Training harder then he ever had Kale's shirt had become completely soaked with sweat and the slashes had become rote responses his body acting on it's own now. He was able to freely think while his body performed the maneuvers, but now his thoughts were focused on not stopping even though his body was beginning to tire. Staring at Krest's back as they progressed Kale wondered when he would be able to stop. "Yea I understand." Kale said hiding his exhaustion.

[member="Krest"]

"Good." And with that the Zabrak would begin to call out random numbers for the boy to use, every now and then slipping in a number that didn't exist to see how the boy would react. There would be no other change to this. Much of the training was about repetitive motions to make it habit. But Krest soon saw his own ship in view, and with a smile he would stop the exercise. It would have been at least another hour or so.

"And here we are, ready to continue forward on our grand adventure!"

When the numbers began being called out Kale could no longer rely on rote responses to get by instead he would listen to the number and then would perform the maneuver before slipping into the next right after the next number was called. However the random numbers did slip him up the first three times as he found himself stopping and having to think before realizing that it wasn't a real number. Growling after the third time Kale paid even more attention and everytime he heard a fake number he'd start taking a extra step forward instead of slashing. After what felt like another eternity [member="Krest"] finally ended the exercise allowing for Kales numb arms to fall to his side as he gulped in air his body throbbing from exhaustion. "Will it be easier or harder?" He asked part jokingly as he clipped the saber back to his belt and stepped up next to the Zabrak.

[member="Kale Xeros"]

"Always harder my dear boy. But that's what makes it an adventure. However, you should rest up on the ship, there is a temple I plan to bring you to." With that the Zabrak would disappear onto his small ship. It was of basic make, made not for combat but for quick travel around the galaxy. "We'll be there soon enough. Take a nap if you must."

"Oh that's what makes it adventure? I thought it was supposed to be rancors trying to eat you or dodging blaster bolts that made the adventure." Kale said sarcasm dripping from his voice quite heavily. Boarding the ship behind Krest, Kale found the ship quite small but still somewhat comfortable so he plopped down in the copilots seat and without a second thought fell asleep. He couldn't even fight his exhaustion as his body relaxed and gave out.

[member="Krest"]

"Rancors and blasters will come later, I ass-" The Zabrak cut off as he looked over to [member="Kale Xeros"] , fast asleep. With a quiet laugh he'd turn his gaze back to piloting the ship. Well. Letting it pilot itself. They would get there they needed to go through a blur of stars, but that was enough for this tale. Krest had found himself another apprentice, and perhaps this one would join the Grey like the others. Soon they shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom