Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Beginning

Standing on the edge of a waterfall Kale looked down at the endless abyss as he tried to find himself and a reason to keep fighting. Kale had been standing there what had been forever at odds with himself and his very nature. He wanted to keep fighting but how could he? He had lost everything. He had loss his family, and spent most of his life mining spice on Kessel as a slave. His body told the stories, scars from his beatings adorned his well muscled body. His hair was even changing from it's natural gray to white from all the stress he faced. It had barely been six months since he'd escaped the Kessel Mines and found his past Master Darren Shaw. IF it wasn't for that man Kale had no idea where he would be. Then there was the group of Dark jedi he had joined which quickly dispersed which resulted in Kale loosing track of his master till he resurfaced as a Sith. Kale couldn't feel anymore betrayed having loss the one who had turned him from that dark path.

Taking another step forward Kale peeked one last time at the bottom of the waterfall where the water pounded against the rocks at the bottom. The mist floating back up into his face cooling him. For the first time in a month Kale finally felt at peace. Both of his lightsabers lay clipped to his belt out for all to see. Kale took pride in being a force user, even though he wasn't a well trained one. A sigh left his mouth as he prepared to jump from the edge of the cliff.

[member="Krest"]

"If you're going to jump, don't hesitate." A voice called out from behind [member="Kale Xeros"] , calm and collected. A Zabrak in a loose white shirt sat cross legged on a nearby rock in the middle of the stream, sipping idly at a drink in his hands. From the smell, it must be tea. A blade rested on his lap, it's own force signature apparent. Blue eyes focused in on the boy, watching closely. His signature was blurred, as if something or someone was bending it to be unrecognizable. He'd sip at his tea once, his red lips pressed against the ceramic looking cup.

"Unless this is training. Then feel free to continue. If you don't mind me watching you, that is. Not often I see people by a waterfall. Reminds me of a past life.." He trailed off, shaking his head. "Ah, listen to me ramble. Please, ignore me and continue."

Kale froze as the voice acme from behind him. Reacting without realizing what he was doing Kale quickly drew one of his sabers activating it to where the purple blade expanded out the hilt. Yet as he looked upon the man he quickly deactivated the weapon. This man didn't seem to mean a threat to Kale. "I wasn't hesitating, I was just rethinking my life and the choices I've made." Kale said while examining the Zabrak. The way he sat there at peace and the way there seemed to be a void where his force signature should be. But Kale overlooked this bit. "How would you know what's going on? You don't know me or what's happened to me throughout my life. As a matter of fact I shouldn't even be explaining myself to you!" Kale exploded out of embarrassment and rage. "You have no right to judge me! I've spent my whole childhood as a slave working in mines! Do you have any idea what that's like? Being whipped everyday and seeing others being snatched away by energy spiders or rock crumbling on top of them?!" The memories began to flood back to Kale like a dam had just been destroyed. It began to become difficult for him to breathe as the horrors of what he went through came flooding back. Eyes dialating they darted back and forth like a scared child. Sweat breaking out upon his brow. No! Not Now! Kale thought as he slowly shoved the memories down and tried to bury them again but fell backwards off the edge.

[member="Krest"]

A brow raised as the Zabrak watched the boy as the saber came to life, but he did not reach for his own. Rather, he kept quiet, letting the boy speak on his own accord. The boy was correct, he knew nothing of what ever pain [member="Kale Xeros"] had gone through. Nor did he care to ask. It truly wasn't his business. But as the padawan started to sink into his memories Krest began to stand up. He held both of his hands up, starting to speak. The Iridonian wanted to at least help the boy.

Then he fell backwards. Off the edge. Krest only blinked at the sudden fall before running to the edge. With both of his hands outstretched he would go to grip the boy through the force, to slow and stop his decent, and even bring him back to the top of the waterfall. He was silent as he did so, concentrating on the task at hand.

Falling off the edge of the waterfall was one of the scariest moments of Kale's life. The wind whipping in his ears as he fell and he was deafened by the sound of roaring water. Eyes wide in horror his life flashed before his eyes, all the misery he had faced. All the choices he had made, and the master who had abandoned him. Then suddenly he came to a bone rattling stop the wind knocked from him as a invisible net seemed to have caught him before he started to float back up to the top. Looking from where he fell Kale could see the Zabrak pulling him back up. So he was a force user. Once close enough to the top Kale grabbed onto the edge pulling himself the rest of the way up before falling to a knee before the Zabrak his chest heaving as he got over the near death experience. Looking back over the edge and into the abyss Kale sighed. "Thank you for not letting me fall. I have to much left to do before I take the easy way out." Kale said brushing the white hair out of his face and reaching a hand out to the Zabrak. "Names Kale Xeros. Sorry for putting you on the spot. Just a ghost of my past haunting me."

@[member="Krest"]

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

"There's no reason to thank me. I couldn't let someone just die before I at least knew their name." The Zabrak smiled, offering his own bow of his head. "I am called Krest. And despite the fact that I do not know your past, I do know what it is to have the past haunt you." Krest would pause, his blue eyes flashing as he too went into a distant memory. There was much he had to do to make up for his own crimes, but there was no reason to share this just yet. He spoke up again, lifting his head to look into the boys own.

"Tell me, what do you know of the Force?"

Chuckling at the man's joke Kale pushed himself to his feet and stepped away from the edge a bit not wanting a repeat of what had just happened. "Thank you anyway. I guess everyone has something from their past they don't want to remember." Kale said solemnly feeling somewhat sorry he had judged the man without giving him a chance to explain himself. "To be honest I don't think I know to much. I was taught how to lift objects and move them as well as calling upon the force to bolster my body. Yet I'm not good with either, and only use them for small things as of late. I didn't have a very proper training. As far as using these things..." Kale said motioning towards his sabers. "I have almost no clue how to use."

@[member="Krest"]

"You know nothing? Now, that right there is an issue. How would you feel about joining the Grey then? Many things can be learned there, Light or Dark. And no call to war." The Zabrak nodded his head once before turning. He'd lift up a hand, waving @[member="Kale Xeros"] to follow. "Better yet, I'm returning there as it is. Why don't you accompany me to my ship? Maybe I can show you a thing or two on the road." And a long road it would be. His ship was more then several hours away by walking. It would be a perfect chance for Krest to show a trick or two to the boy.

Standing back a second and thinking about the offer Kale decided he had nothing else to truly loose so why not follow the Force User. Walking behind the Zabrak he said "Like I said I know the very basics but that's it. Which might as well be the same thing." He said then thinking about what joining another group of Force Users would be like. The last one he had joined was a majority of old Sith who wanted to destroy the Empire. However with the way the Sith were growing more and more everyday that seemed like a impossibility. Why not join this group, he was being offered knowledge and wasn't being forced to take up his saber against other Sith. Even though he would when the opportune moment presented itself. "Seeing as I have nothing better to do." Kale said shrugging his shoulders. "What were you planning on teaching me?"

@[member="Krest"]

"Defense." Without turning, Krest would raise up a hand. His saber would suddenly come to life, the flat pale blue blade floating around the Zabrak. "Take up your saber. Be ready to move and block the strikes." His form would continue to walk forward, the blade whipping and twirling around him as he waved his hand to control it. The easiest way to assess @[member="Kale Xeros"] 's skill was to actually force him to use it. Hopefully the boy would be ready.

Without anymore warning the blade would soar at Kale, spinning around at high speeds. Of course, the blade wouldn't be going to kill. In fact, it would stop before any damage would be inflicted to the boy. Krest still hadn't turned, just focused on walking and controlling the blade. This was indeed going to be a long walk.

Being caught completely by surprise the attack made Kale`s heart fly into his throat. Yet he did not freeze. He knew fear all to well. He had faced death to many times in his life. Jumping back Kale dodged the saber and drew his own activating the blade. Kale still didn`t know how to control the saber to well as it seemed to constantly gyrate in his hand. He walked around dodging jumping to the left and right and occasionally ducking. Kale would sometime use the saber to block an attack but it was rare. His time in the space mines of Kessel kept Kale in perfect shape which allowed him to withstand the onslought but sweat beaded on his brow and chest.

@[member="Krest"]

After a moment the blade would stop attacking [member="Kale Xeros"] , hanging midair in front of him. Krest had turned by this point, a frown evident on his face. "Show me how you hold your blade." He hadn't expected the boy not to be able to handle the blades he carried. But, such was learning. At least now the Zabrak had a starting point.

Seeing the Zabrak turn and the frown sitting upon his face Kale froze thinking he had did something wrong. He was dodging the blades and blocking them occasionally. Activating the saber Kale held it in a tight two handed grip bending both of his knees but turned slightly to make himself a smaller target. "Is this what you mean?" He asked getting slightly uncomfortable from holding the position.

[member="Krest"]

"No no. I want you to hold the blade in how you feel comfortable. Perhaps it will help me see which corm will be best for you." Of course, there were seven forms. Each had their own stance, own way to work. Krest was more curious on how [member="Kale Xeros"] would hold his blade, and how close it might be to an existing one.

"Also, defense or offence?"

Deciding it best not to make a comment Kale stood back up and began trying to find a good stance for himself. He tried keeping his legs shoulders length apart and the saber held at a angle but it was to uncomfortable and akward. So he decided on a simple stance with his legs a short distance from each other his left foot at the front and the blade tucked to his right and angled downwards. After staying in the stance for a minute or two he found it suitable.

"I don't know really, I think I'd rather just go with either depending on the situation I'm in."

[member="Krest"]

A sigh emanated from the Zabrak. It had been far too long since he last trained someone, and it seemed he was rushing. He'd wave a hand to himself, calling back his own saber. With both hands on the hilt, he would angle the blade outwards, and spread his feet slowly apart. Never once did he lift a foot however.

"I'm going about this the wrong way. Take up this stance. I'll show you the first form." He nodded to [member="Kale Xeros"] to follow. Shii-Cho was used to train younglings of the Jedi, and this seemed a good place to start with someone who had no training. Now he had an idea of what to start, and his eyes glinted with determination. He did love to teach.

Imitating Krest, Kale slowly took the same stance as the Zabrak with his saber pointed the exact same way. It was kind of embarrassing that he had to start from the complete beginning like a child, but he could only blame himself. He hadn't actually touched his lightsabers that often since they were created and instead had focused on his force prowess which hadn't grown that much besides moving objects. Calming the saber in his hand Kale held the blade still as to keep it from constantly gyrating. "REady." He said focus on his face.

[member="Krest"]

Krest nodded once. "I shall be teaching you Shii-Cho. Each form is made for a different reason, each has an advantage and a disadvantage. This form is good against many foes. It is a simple one, though, so hopefully this will be a good step. Now." The Zabrak brought up his blade, slowly making a circle in front of him. A whispy circle would remain, and the Zabrak would move to put not only an + through it, but another circle around his head.

"There are six zones. The head is one, followed by the left arm as two, the right as three." He would motion a hand to each zone as he spoke, lighting up the grey mist as he did. "The back is four, the left leg as five, and finally, the fight leg as six. If you understand that, I shall show you basic attacks that I want you to work on as we walk."

[member="Kale Xeros"]

Listening to Krest speak and describing the zones he nodded his head now enlightened and seeing just how much he was overthinking the whole thing. He thought it would be alot more complicated but considering it was the first form. Nodding his head to Krest, Kale waited patiently for the Zabrak to show the attacks then he would imitate.

[member="Krest"]

"For now we will be focusing on only four of the zones. The back and head shall be excluded for now." The Zabrak would slide forward then, bringing his saber down left to right rather quickly. He would slide back, reverting back to the stance he had. Once more he would slash down, but from the opposite side. Krest would continue with an upwards slash left to right, and again right to left. A slash for two, three, five, and six. They were basic, but precise.

"And now you. Keep an eye on your foot work. Left foot goes forward for a strike to the right side, right goes forward for a strike to the left. Much more power behind it. Now, do so as we walk." He would turn from [member="Kale Xeros"] then, stepping back on the intended path. He would be watching, in his own way, making sure the boy was doing what was asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom