Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Beginning

@[member="Diana Moridena"]

Cato Neimoidia
Starport

A CR-90E painted in the matte-black of the Protectorate wasn't a common sight in these worlds, even though they bordered Protectorate space. The stranger part was that the electronic flag it was flying was that of a mercenary crew - the fact that a mercenary group had their own corvette spoke volumes of their efficiency and purse size.

Sadly, perhaps, there was no crew.

Instead, sitting in the massive command throne of the vessel was a man dressed in deep-maroon armor of beskar, a bodysuit of the same rich color laying beneath. Crushgaunts rested on large armrests adorned with various buttons and symbols, attesting to the fact that this was, in fact, the captains chair.

But aside from this lone figure the only others around were droids - HBD-300 War Droids, also of Protectorate stock. Armed with telescopic vibroblades and flechette launchers, they would turn the hallways of this vessel into a deathtrap should anyone think to board. No one would, not without permission.

Autoturrets at the entrances saw to that.

Still, he needed to meet the harbormaster in person to fill the paperwork necessary to load the vessel with fuel. Standing and disconnecting the wires from his helmet, the man walked from the bridge, the hatch sliding shut behind him. Walking the sterile white halls, his footsteps made nary an echo even as he began walking down the ramp to the massive hangar deck below.

Looking around, he found a large opening to his right through which he spied masses of people moving about their business. The starport here were always busy - the result of a booming economy buoyed by the influx of credits that war always brought with it. Taking long strides, he melded in with the crowd; at least so much as a man in Mandalorian armor could.

Broad shoulders shifted and twisted as he maneuvered his way deftly through the throngs of people who paid little to no attention to the forgettable man in their midst. His HUD was telling him the harbormasters office was up ahead, but the line outside of it said this was going to take awhile.

Sighing a little inside his helmet, he slowed his pace and directed himself that way.

Hopefully he'd not be interrupted by an ill-timed fight or noble from Kuat who was sneaking her way out and into the Outer Rim.

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana stood within a large crowd on Cato Neimoidia waiting to check into her flight. She stood with her backpack slung over one shoulder, lightsabers and clothing contained within. There was a look of pure and utter exhaustion on her face as if she honestly did not want to be here. She had just recently finished her recovery here after her bout on Ossus, and it was now time to head back to the main Temple on Coruscant.

Unfortunately for The Jedi Knight however most of the transports allocated to the Jedi Order were either busy with the war effort, or could not be spared just to fly a single Jedi back to Coruscant. So instead of getting her own little ship, Diana had to fly home on public transport...coach class.

She frowned slightly as she waited in line, tapping her foot and slowly beginning to grow impatient.

Slowly the Jedi girl scanned the crowd, looking at all the different faces. As she did so something caused her ears to burn. She felt a slight twinge in the force, almost as if someone had plucked a harp. Almost immediately Diana stopped scanning the crowd, her senses coming to a dead halt as she focused on what the Force was trying to tell her. Usually Diana was a terrible Sensory Jedi, she couldn't tell a Sith from a Dark Jedi if her life depended on it, in fact she could barely sense a Jedi Master when he stood next to her.

This however...this was different. She could feel someone...or Something near her, someone here could use the force.

Slowly she began to look over the crowd again, completely ignoring the people in front of her as the line began to move forward.
@[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

It was an interesting conundrum for Sarge that he was faced with two of his favorite things - a red haired woman and a swift moving line. Sadly, one was blocking the other, and it wasn't in the usual order. Pausing as he got closer to give the fiery maned woman a once over - even as the people behind her got impatient - he paused next to her momentarily, T-Visor locking onto her like a tractor for a brief moment as he moved beyond her.

"Might want to move up."

A chorus of affirmative from those behind her told him all he needed to know. Walking past a few more individuals, he stops at the back of the line and settles in. It was probably going to be a bit before he got what he needed; fuel.

Plenty of fuel.

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana was startled for a moment when the man spoke to her. She stared at him for just a moment, trying to recognize him or perhaps say something clever. When she couldn't she simply shook her head and moved up in line. She had no idea where the force sensitive was. She had no skill with this sort of thing. She could tell he or she was here, but in this massive crowd she had absolutely no idea who was who and who was capable of doing what.

She let out an exasperated sigh and hung her head in shame.

The Jedi Knight closed her eyes, trying to focus. The Force flowed through her as she attempted to concentrate and find the force sensitive. In her mind she began to see a field of people, each colored blue. Slowly she began to search through them trying to find the one that wasn't blue, the force sensitive.

As she did this the line once again became stalled, a large space opening up before her.
@[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

Standing in a still line was nothing abnormal, and slowly he found himself busy with the managing of accounts and the checking of the standard price of bulk starship fuel in the area - at least after the past several days of stock trading. Part of owning your own ship was the immense costs that came with it.

Thankfully, the need for fuel was actually rather rare; but when the need did crop up, it got expensive fairly swiftly.

So engrossed as he was, it took a few long moments before the disgruntled noises of yet once more stalled people brought him around to the world around him. Again, the redhead was up to no good.

Strange to think that it didn't have a sexual connotation this time. Very strange.

Especially considering the government he used to work for.

"Excuse me, sir...", he mumbles to the man in front of him, "I'll be right back, hold my spot." A grunt was his only response and he moved up to place a large, crushgaunted hand on the womans shoulder.

"Miss...", he says, hoping to snap her out of her mind without startling her too much.

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana's eyes popped open in a surge as she felt a hand on her shoulder. The careful concentration she had been building was shattered like a glass window and her head swiveled to face the man that had touched her. Immediately she knew. The Force screamed and wailed at her, cluing her in that she had found the force sensitive she had been looking for. For a few seconds she didn't speak to the man, instead remaining silent.

Angry grumbling could be heard from behind her and Diana snapped out of her daze.

“Its you.” Her words were rather cryptic at first, then she shook her head again. “I am Jedi Knight Diana Moridena, I need you to come with me for a moment.”

Finding new force sensitives wasn't really her thing, there were people who did that sort of thing for the Jedi. Something however told her she needed to do this, she needed to speak to this man. The force was mysterious that way.

There was an almost unnoticed tensing of his shoulders at her remarks, although it seemed more of a response to being asked to come with her rather than her acknowledgement of being a Jedi. Being a friend of Jedi Master Kerberos meant they weren't offputting to him, but they'd never been this official with him.

"I assure you, Knight, I have committed no trespass on your world."

If there was one thing he remembered of Jedi, it's that they were peacekeepers. Being asked to talk with them was a lot like being asked to come with a police officer - if the officer had a blade made of pure plasma and could throw you around with his mind.

Still... this was a Republic world. "Fine, just give me a moment."

With little thought to anything, the man simply barges to the front of the line and slaps down a cred chit. "Fuel. Hangar C17." This time the grumbling of discontent was an audible chorus. It shut up when the Mandalorian turned his head. They still had a reputation, even now. You didn't screw with Mandalorians.

Sighing, he walks back to Diana. "By your leave, Knight."

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana didn't say anything, but instead simply nodded to the man. She ignored the crowd completely when they shot her angry glares and glances, not caring for their opinions or thoughts on the matter. She was far more concerned with how she would speak to the man. He was a Mandalorian quite obviously, but he also sounded as though he was at least in his mid twenties. He had gone all his life without knowing he was force sensitive, Diana imagined it would be quite a shock and she tried to think of a way to best put it.

When the man returned Diana quickly led the way through the crowd. She pushed her way through with a glance of determination. People parted before the two of them until they finally reached a more private sector of the starport, a small alcove normally reserved for smokers.

Finally Diana stopped and turned around, facing the man head on.

“I am sorry if I alarmed you, but I need to speak to you about something rather important.” She paused for a few seconds, contemplating how she should go about this, eventually deciding the direct method was the best. “You are aware what the force is correct?”

It was a silly question to some, but many people didn't know, better safe than sorry.

The man followed her, noting the purpose to her stride, the set of her shoulders that told him that this was entirely serious. Frowning a little, he wondered what in the world he'd done recently in this sector of space besides travel the lanes. The answer? Nothing. Which perplexed him further.

But this line of thought was interrupted when they stepped into an area for those who preferred smokes, leaving it as 'him and her' as it was going to get in the middle of a bustling starport.

Did he know what the Force was? Sure. He was Dead to it.

"Yeah, it's that thing that everyone's supposed to be apart of and have in them that I don't."

This was not an abnormal conversation anymore - every Jedi asked him what it was like being Force Dead. For him, it was like being alive. How did you describe your everyday state as anything but normal?

Sometimes he felt like a freakshow.

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana stared at him with mouth agape for a few seconds. She wasn't quite sure how to react to the statement he just said, other than telling him he was completely and entirely wrong. He had the force in him, in fact he was quite strong in it. Her mouth slowly closed and she took on a look of consternation. For an entire minute she remained silent until finally her voice broke the awkwardness.

“I think you may have been misinformed.” She said it cautiously, not wanting to upset the man in large Mandalorian armor with gloves that could crush her skull in one second flat. She stopped for a second again before continuing, trying to decide on her words.

She had never told anyone they were force sensitive before, especially anyone who thought they were dead to the force. What a silly thing that was to think. “You have the potential to use the force. I can't tell you exactly how well...but its definitely there.”

"No." He states, more out of fear than out of shock or understanding.

"No..."​
The word hung in the air like a recently deceased prisoner, leaving with it a potent mixture of sorrow, shock and misunderstanding. He was Force Dead. He knew this to be fact. Force Chokes had had no effect on him. This wasn't happening.

She was wrong.

If upsetting him had been something she'd been hoping to avoid, it wasn't going to work. "NO." He roared, a fist swinging to the side and into a wall, where it buckled the metal - and he seemed none the worse for the wear. Already, he was flexing his right hand, the parasites embedded in his forearm aching to be loosed.

This wasn't true.

It was a lie.

There was no possible way this woul- Dagobah. Dagobah and Sekot.

Between the two... no, that was impossible. "This isn't happening." A powerful urge was swelling in his chest, rising into his throat and urging him to scream at the top of his lungs. It was this same urge that was driving him to harm the messenger, but it was his formidable self-control that kept him back.

If only barely. He hoped she didn't see his muscles tensing and flexing as they prepared for a fight. He really didn't need that right now.

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana observed the man carefully and she took a few careful step backwards away from the man. She wasn't afraid of getting hurt, but she didn't want to end up having to fight the man. She had never taken on a Mandalorian, and she had heard rumors that fighting with them could be...unpleasant. Besides that however the man had seemed like a perfectly nice person, and fighting someone like that...well it didn't appeal to her.

She watched his every move, his body moving and flexing in an aggressive manner, his muscles moving as though he was about to hop into action. In response Diana tensed herself and began to build energy within the force. She wouldn't attack, but she would certainly be ready to defend herself.

His reaction however irked Diana quite a bit. To her it seemed like the man did not want to be force sensitive, like he thought of it as some kind of curse, like a plague. To her of course it was just the opposite, it was a gift.

“I...I'm sorry, but its true.” Diana said quietly in the most soothing tone that she could muster. “I have a device that can confirm it it you like.”

All she needed was a bit of his blood and a holo-terminal, but those weren't really all that hard to find. Midi-chlorian count was an important piece in force sensitivity, and If she was right...well then this man would have quite the escalated count. Of course that was if he didn't try to thrash her into little tiny bits.

Like a balloon deflating, the air and fight seemed to leave the large Mandalorian's body like the tide receding with the moon's call. His head hung, shame and grief flowing into the open space left behind by the departure of his anger. For so long he'd been identified by his rare gift of being Force Dead.

It was him. He was it.

And it was gone. He wasn't apart of the minority anymore. He was just another soldier. What was so special about him, now? His claws? Joy of joys, what a turn-on for the womenfolk; parasitic claws that could spring from his forearm at command. How attractive.

He wanted nothing more than to press his back to a wall, pull his legs into his chest and just let the galaxy move on without him; even if he realized he couldn't do that... right now, at least.

Perhaps later, when he was alone with the droids on his ship. Alone with the sound of the engines as his only companion; the engines and his own quiet sobs. He hated these depressing feelings. He hated his emotion.

He hated everything.

Even if he knew that was false.

"There's no need; if you can sense it, I'll believe you." His voice was a whisper, barely audible despite the vocabalizer of his helmet projecting it.

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana didn't say anything for a while. She couldn't. She could feel the waves of sadness come off the man and all she wanted to do was console him. The Jedi Knight frowned slightly, knowing that what she was about to do was technically against the Jedi Order's mandates. Older applicants were usually not accepted, even more so...Mandalorians were not really accepted, or at least not in any history books that Diana had ever read.

She took a single determined step toward.

“Its a good thing you know.” Diana said quietly with encouragement in her voice. “You can be trained. You can use the force, probably as well as me. You can become a Jedi.”

She was important to use words like Can and could, she wanted to give the man options. Just because one had the ability to use the force didn't mean one had to be trained. Still she wanted to offer him the option. “I can train you.”

The man reached up to rub at about where his 'eyes' would be, even though it wasn't going to do anything. A symbolic gesture more than anything else, really, but it made him feel a little better. Finally, he gave a shallow nod. "So shall it be." While he wouldn't be what most would consider a 'good' Jedi... he knew they could stand to have more warriors like him.

Too often the Jedi had been pacifists rather than peacekeepers, and that time was coming to an end. They needed warriors now, and he was one - whether he liked it or not.

Likely he'd be for them what he was for OmegaPyre; a living weapon. He'd be more than fine with that.

"I imagine I'll have to find a place to keep my ship on Coruscant."

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana's face broke into a smile as the man mentioned having his own ship. Selfishly she thought of herself first, this would likely mean she wouldn't have to fly coach back to Coruscant. Of course those selfish thoughts were immediately crushed and she instead thought of the man before her. Everything was about to change for him, his daily life, his schedule, hell he would have to follow Orders from the council...and perhaps from her.

“I think that will be the least of your troubles.” Diana finally said in response, the Jedi Temple had a massive hangar bay, he could likely store the Ship there or something. What more concerned her was that they would have to speak to the Jedi Council, and convince them to let this man in. Suddenly she realized something.

Her eyes popped open in surprise. “I'm Diana by the way.”

She stuck out her hand in official greeting.

"You mentioned." The Mandalorian said, in reference to her introducing herself as Jedi Knight Diana Moridena just a few minutes before. She could be forgiven for forgetting though. It had been a very intense couple minutes. Slowly, a maroon colored crushgaunt extended to her - a Mandalorian was a man of honor, so her hand was safe.

Giving it a firm squeeze, although very mindful of the amplifying ability of the devices, the man gave a bit of a smile beneath his helmet that she'd not see. "They call me Preacher."

"Most I meet already have a ship, but there was a bit of a smirk at the mentioning of mine that tells me one of two things - you either don't have your own, or you think it's funny that I have my own ship."

He snorted. "I'll presume the former. You are, obviously, welcome to come along. I warn you, though, it will just be you, I, and the caretakers."

Cedric Dorn

C
Preacher, what a strange name. Diana however took it at face value and simply nodded to the man. When she mentioned his reaction she smirked slightly. No, Diana did not have her own ship, or rather she did not have her own transport. The Jedi Knight had a habit of crashing any and all craft that she piloted and the Jedi order no longer trusted her with her own.

“No. I don't have a ship, and ill gladly accept a lift. Best that you arrive with me on hand anyway.” Diana spoke quickly, thinking about all the things she would have to do to prepare the Jedi Council for this. It would be a special case of course. This would be difficult however.

She began to walk, without even thinking of her new found companion. Ideas were rattling off in her head and thoughts began to run away from her, then suddenly she stopped. “Caretakers?”

She looked back at him inquisitively.

"You'll find out." He says cryptically, shaking his head a bit to and fro as he began leading her back to the massive hangar bay that housed his corvette. With her paused, he took the lead, actually leading her now instead of mentally leading her. Smirking a bit to himself, he paused as he passed the threshold of the hangar.

There in front of them was the large CR90E, just over a hundred meters long with the massive block of engines in the back. Three massive landing struts were lowered, supporting it's bulk as it sat, refueling. Waving for her to follow, he lead her to the right side and up a ramp where a pair of autoturrets whirred and clicked.

Her face was scanned, added to the database, and even as he began walking up the ramp he received a query - Friend or Foe? Blinking at the 'Friend' icon on his head, they refocused off of her and he stopped just inside one of the sterile white hallways. Down at the very end stood a large, bulky wardroid - a brand new HBD-300; one of many he had aboard.

Painted in camoflauge colors, its boxy wrists and forearms concealed telescopic vibroblades and flechette launchers. Lethal in close quarters. "Caretakers." He says, flicking his chin towards the droids.

Yup, he was alone on the ship with his droids.

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana marveled at the ship for quite some time. She herself admired starships of all shapes and sizes. Her own command had been given to a Unity Class Assault ship named the Dawning Memory. It was far larger than this ship but there was something to the elegance of this vessel that Diana quite liked. She smiled slightly as Preacher led her on board the vessel, her curiosity about these “caretakers” still very much piqued.

When They finally arrived she could help but raise her eyebrows. It was nothing but droids!

Dozens of them roamed the halls performing various duties normally assigned to crewmembers. One of the droids looked absolutely threatening, as though it wouldn't hesitate to cut you down at a moments notice. She frowned slightly at it, and then turned back to face Preacher. Being around droids didn't unease her, they had never bothered her in the slightest, but they had never been on her list of friends either.

“So...no real people?” Diana asked quietly as they began to walk through the halls of the ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom