Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A morphine a day keeps the doctor at bay... [PM for Invite if not CRC]

Coruscant

Coruscant General Hospital

Early Morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tey9iTkttH0​

Kranos was looking the dapper sort, the gait of his step showing a pronounced elegance. In his right hand, a briefcase, and a mahogany cane in his left. It was obviously used for show, falling insync with the step of his left foot instead of the appropriate match of step. As he approached the welcome desk, the building showing an unusual display of finesse despite the grungy sort of environment it was nested in, he set the case down and exhaled. Pressing the sunglasses up the bridge of his nose, he looked around and avoided the attention of the candy stripper for just a moment.

"Can I help you?"
"I don't know, darling..." He spoke with a sort velvety tone in his non-loquacious mannerism. Looking back to her, he smiled and leaned forward. "Tell ya what: find me the hospital administrator, or whomever runs the procurement service, and I'll consider it a favor."

She gave the hint of a smile beneath her cap, turning over the directory before beginning the phoning process. Before hitting the connect button, she looked up to find the business man searching the room once more. "Who should I say is looking for her?" He snapped his head over and smiled, suddenly chewing on a piece of gum that wasn't there. For the moment, he was sober and pizzazz was taking a healthy ride through his persona. But once business was over, the glitterstim would flow and the clouds would weep d-grade for his hearts content.

"Her?" He cocked his head, removing the sun glasses and folding them into his jacket pocket. "Tell her that Roger Kranos, from the Coruscant Flower and Funeral Company, is here to discuss the continued prosperity of this facility. I look forward to meeting with her." He tapped on the desk before turning. "Thank you, my dear." He walked away and found a comfortable spot to bid his time, briefcase placed over his crossed knee. He nodded his head to the beat of the other worldly music filtering through the speakers, just audible over the hub and bub of the hospital machinations.

The woman walked out from double oak doors, stamping with a sense of purpose though absent any form of style. Plain Jane with a plain white blouse and skirt, with a gray coat above. He mentally shrugged, his hopes dashed for the conversation that would have been incurred, as he lifted himself from the chair and shoved the brief case beneath his arm. With that, he held out his hand. "Roger Kranos, Coruscant Rotary Club." She shook but didn't return with a name. Maybe it was better that way, for the purposes of this meeting, as she ushered him into her lavishly decorated office. Wooden shelves, covered in books, lush carpeting, beautifully crafted redwood desk smelling of lacquer. Kranos would have lifted his head at this point, to smell the character of the room, but the woman seemed rushed.

He sat and crossed his leg, handing the briefcase over.

"What is this?"
"I'm sorry...I didn't catch your name. No matter..." He said as he indicated for her to open the leather case. As he did, he took it upon himself to open her personal desk humidor before pulling a beautifully crafted dual wrap cigarra from the felt folds. She eyed him to the clack of the locks, opening the briefcase. The reflection of the viles within was nothing short of something beautiful, casting a glow against her large rimmed glasses. She pushed them up and he smiled, as Kranos lit the cigarra with a chrome lighter. The embers breathed life into his face, each puff of smoke was jettisoned out of the oddly effective ventilation systems, as she closed briefcase and removed it from the desk.

"What is this?" She repeated.
"Pain medications, completely organic..." He puffed on the cigarra, smiling. "You've probably heard of the movement but the Coruscant Rotary Club is intent on provided you with a means of treating the sick and ill. If you look back in the briefcase, you will find a copy of the clinical trials for the drug. I believe they should suffice for your purposes." He wouldn't tell her that the trials were completed on unwilling slaves. Messy details better left hidden. And as she thumbed through the papers that rested in the internal pocket, Kranos stood up and approached the book shelf.

"How is it produced? This...Camdaphyl and Baratillium? Especially for this cost?!" The claims were impressive. By far, per cost of mg, the mentioned drugs analgesic properties were the least costly and safest on the market. Kranos laughed and nodded, her getting to the meat of the matter was an intriguing keyhole towards the nature of her character. "If that's scotch...well, for a glass...I'll tell you all about it." He pointed towards an impressive display of alcohol in a bar sort of setup. This woman liked the finer things in life, it seemed.

"Yeast?"
"Yeast!" He laughed, chewing on some of the facial hair just beneath his bottom lip, before leaning back in the chair and sipping on the scotch.
"How did you do it?" Kranos stared towards his glass.
"Good scotch, by the way..." She gave a nod in return, flushed from her single glass of single malt, as he stroked his beard and pulled his right leg over his left leg.

"Imagine..." He started, opening his hands wide. "A world where anything is possible. No limits, no restrictions - where you are your greatest adversary." He smirked from the side of his lip. "We have set out to challenge our horticulturalists and scientists and enthusiasts to look at the world and find something wrong." He gesticulated, opening his palm. "And then fix it."

He pointed towards the sheet, still in her hand. "The Papa Yeast is the first step in our path, genetically modified yeast with derived enzymes for production of multitudes of helpful drugs: analgesics, anti-biotics, anti-fungal. The list goes on an on..." He rolled his wrist, indicating just how far it went. "As for the how we did it? Well..." He took a sip of the scotch. "I don't think our relationship is ready for that...you haven't even taken me out to dinner yet!" He smiled and she laughed, somewhat nervously it seemed. Thumbing through the papers once more, she lifted the briefcase and cracked it open once more.

"So...Kranos..." "Call me Roger..." He interjected with a smile.
"Roger..." She pushed the glasses up her nose. "What's the catch? You currently underbid all of our supplies by 20%, not even including the shift in entirely organic chemicals."
"We don't have to smuggle anything. Everything is produced on planet, local showmanship. And we have agreements with the local government."
"Right..." She paused. "But what is the catch?"

There was a catch. One that was easy to swallow and one that might not be. One of subtle altruism, one for the destruction of prospering nepotism. He smiled as he jingled the rocks in the crystal, sipping once more.

"Full commitment..."
"Yup..." He lifted his glass, approvingly of her summation. "The Coruscant Flower and Funeral Company is prepared to fully invest in the Coruscant General Hospital. And with that, we are prepared to provide for all your medical needs. In respect to supply of analgesic drugs and anti-biotics, of course." She paused and looked back over the sheets, informing towards the true capacity of the yeast.

"But...we have several suppliers who have been loyal for years. Those suppliers took ages to develop..."
"Mmm, yes. I understand that issue." He paused, tucking his chin into chest. "But can any of those suppliers promise governmental immunity to seizure? Do any of them ensure a no net loss to smuggling capture?"
"Well, that's because you all don't have to smuggle..."
"Precisely!" He smiled as he stood, nearly knocking over his seat, as he stood. Looking back, he opened his mouth slightly, and shrugged with a smile. "We are looking to get into this business for the long run. We are hoping that you all can join us in that journey. One that will be quite profitable...for both of us."

"Why us?"
"Why not?" He responded without a pause, pressing his shirt just above his belly button. Motioning towards the window, he called her over to peer out towards the world around them. "Coruscant, I love this planet. It deserves better and your hospital tries admirably to provide that. You have one of the highest survival rates in this sector and you approval rating is just over 74%. That's really quite good." He smiled, placing a hand on the woman's shoulder. He gestured towards the window once more. "How many people have suffered to the very end because you had a shipment fall short or because your supplier got tangled up in customs?"

She paused and he motioned for her to not even bother. "I know the numbers, they are...not so good. I want to put an end to that. Help me put an end to that. Lets fix the world around us." He motioned back towards the desk, clasping his hands together, as she sat once more and looked at the agreement. "What's this about another hospital and volunteer service?"

The second catch. Almost forgot about that.

"Well, it's not an entirely new hospital..." She leaned back in her chair, waiting for a full explanation. Bejeweled hand scratched the chin beneath salt and pepper beard as he made a shrugging expression. "The Coruscant Flower and Funeral company wishes to build an extension to the Coruscant General Hospital. Devoted entirely to drug rehabilitation."

A noble gesture, he thought, as he smiled. The truth was that there was no better place to find customers than a rehabilitation center. "So...what's the catch?" He smiled and pointed at her, thumbing the whiskers just beneath his lower lip for a moment of contemplation. "As entirely endorsed by the Coruscant Flower and Funeral Company, we would like to retain control over the specific wing of the hospital. To help monitor the input and outflow of currency..." He waved to her. "Of course, you will retain all responsibilities and authority when it comes to medical concerns. However, we will remain the obligated party for maintaining and funding the wing, with directive control over procurement."

She smiled, seeing that it wasn't an entirely difficult pill to swallow, given what they would be receiving. All the pain medication they could need for a massively reduced price and a new wing to the hospital. With that, she nodded and signed the exclusivity clause to the Coruscant Flower and Funeral Company. Kranos smiled and leaned over the desk, shaking hands with the woman. "You won't regret this. I foresee a long and prosperous relationship."

She nodded, tooth-full. "So, when should we expect our first delivery of camdaphyl and baratillium?" Kranos smirked and pulled his sleeve up, looking at a watch that wasn't there. Ticking his head to the beat of a non existent small hand, he held up his fingers, counting down. Once it hit zero, he turned to the woman. "Now."

"Now?"
He shook his head in a sort of goofy response, motioning towards the briefcase as she handed it over. "We at the CFFC like to work fast, solutions appear and disappear with the stroke of a pen. We will be in contact within the month to begin the construction process of the new wing. We expect it will take a few months at the very least."

"Oh!" She was surprised by the swiftness of that turn around. "That soon? Very well, that should be fine."
Of course it would be fine, that was part of the terms she signed. Kranos merely smiled and bowed his head. "Mrs. Turner..."
"Ms. Turner..." She interrupted, a hint of glee.
"Ms. Turner..." He nodded. "I bid you a good day. We will talk soon."

And with that, he was out of the office and out of the hospital, on other business endeavors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom