Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Meeting Of Minds

Dromund Kaas - Sith Naval Headquarters

It had been rather uncommon of late for her to be around headquarters; less then the infrequencies she'd been about at all. Hawke had constantly been off jumping star systems to land in the heavy action, where she really belonged. Heleska was still vivid in her mind. Capturing Blackwell Station without a shot. The recovery mission to Umbara her latest success.

Today she'd been summoned by the Grand Admiral of the Navy himself. @[member="Aken Bosch"]. Fortunately she knew this was nothing of ilk for her. Not with him anyways. If someone wanted her to go on a suicide mission it would be a regular admiral giving the orders. Captain Hawke was casually lounging on a sofa. Her delicate fingers slid across a small holonet enabled devices screen. Burning time before she was brought in to speak with the Grand Admiral. Not much the mood most would take with such an important engagement with the boss. She was of Katamirth blood of course; stalwart folk who didn't bleed fear often. Off to the side of the Captain was her hat. Resting upside down on a coffee table. Proper manners indicated one didn't wear a hat whilst relaxing. Hawke opened up a new tab, an add for Galactic eMatch.com took up the whole screen. "Again? How do these things get passed the blocker. Must be glitched". Hawke went back to the previous page to try and go back without the ad. The notion passed her of the ads purpose, or rather the site itself. Silly of her to be thinking such things at this moment. Her positions duties provided her with little free time on solid earth for dating someone. Hawke smirked and brushed the matter aside. Her site came up ad free this time. Soon some secretary or aid would shuffle along to take her to Bosch's office.

The Grand Admiral, head of the Imperial Navy, was currently sitting at a desk, looking over holofiles at the Imperial Naval Headquarters. One of the things he disliked was the work he had to do at a desk. But the good news was that an up and coming captain in the Imperial military had wanted to see him. Evidently, she desired to assist in giving input as part of the Imperial Starship Initiative, and Bosch was eager to see what input this captain could bring to his plans.

"So tell me, Captain Katamirth. I brought you here because I heard you wished to help me with our latest project. Please, would you be willing to give me a summary of your input?"

@[member="Hawke Katamirth"]

@[member="Aken Bosch"]

Hawke sat still in her seat; her cap resting on her lap. Before her eyes was Aken Bosch; the best of the best of the Empires Naval strategists. And today he wanted her to give input on the refit and design project the navy was thinking of doing. It wasn't her job to be apart of this. Mostly high command and engineers from starship companies would be doing the talking and thinking. That never stopped her from doing her own independent research and talking about it to other officers. An evidence proved, word did indeed spread. "Yes Grand Admiral sir. I've poured over data on the entire main line of the navy. Drawn comparisons to data on similarly classed and armed ships, fighters and transports of other nations and states with what we had. I revile to say it sir but I find much of our line to be lagging behind". Hawke retrieved a Datapad leaning up against her chair. She rose with it in hand; her hat in the other, and set the device down in front of the GA. She had to lean in a little off one foot because his desk was so big. "This is all my data on the matter that I've compiled, sir. Stats and comparisons. Recommendations on refits. Ships that are not worth keeping or to second line in favor of designing a new ship. I did not make the decisions lightly. But if we're ever to fight a war again, we need to upgrade our forces and remove redundant ships that fill the same roll". Hawke took her seat again. Her data would speak more for her then she could, and she was a good speaker.

"Hmm." The admiral looked over her recommendations, eying the ships she had seen as the weakest links in the Imperial military. "Barring a few minor differences, you've put forth practically the same logic and ideas I have in regards to scrapping these ships. Now, I'm going to need assistance from personnel I can trust, people I can count on to get the job done and keep moving forward. With that in mind, I'd like you to join the Neo-Teran Fleet, my personal squadron, as a captain of whatever ship type you want. I'm assuming a Star Destroyer?"

Bosch slowly smiled. Here was a kindred spirit who understood how naval operations actually worked.

@[member="Hawke Katamirth"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom