Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Match Made in Maranatha

Cato just laughed joyously, and kissed her with equal fervor, "I love you, too," His eyes began to sting with a film of happy tears, "I love you so much." She held him there, and they gazed at one another in blissful silence. The celebrations below muted, and Inanna was the only thing on his mind. At least until she broke free of that frozen moment in time, prompting him to do so as well.

They still had a wedding to attend to, after all, "Sounds like my kind of party," Cato grinned, his eyes lighting up at her final promise, "A surprise, huh? Color me excited," He scooped his bride up into his arms, and pushed off of the branch, landing on the ground safely with a nice cushioning from the Force. Triumphantly, he carried her back the rest of the way, until they reached those that had remained behind: The Organas, his mother, and the male half of Inanna's family, "…Party's on, folks!" The elder Serena immediately sobbed, overwhelmed with emotion. The younger Serena squealed loudly.

The cheering at the conclusion of the countdown was nothing compared to the roaring that greeted them upon their return to the venue. Inanna held out her arms, basking in it all, adding her cheers to the rest as the party began.

An undisclosed amount of time later...

"Did you drink any of that green stuff?" Inanna asked Cato. Having left his side for a few minutes, she had returned holding baby Serena in one arm, while her other hand was holding something behind her back. "Apparently it's 70% alcohol. People are starting to get very, very drunk off of it. Speaking of which, how drunk are you?"

Regardless of Cato's answer, what she said next was guaranteed to sober him up: "Enkidu has been flirting with your mother all night. I think I just saw the two of them leave together..."

"No, I'm kidding. Although they have been talking a lot..." Pulling her hand from behind her back, she presented him with something rectangular and wrapped in paper. In size and thickness, it looked suspiciously like a comic book. "I have a gift for you."

"Green stuff?" Cato asked, lolling his head in the direction of the drink in question, "Oh, yep. Sure did," He chuckled, his words slurring together slightly, "Only a little bit," He pinched his fingers together as if to measure his drunkenness. A measurement which was, in all likelihood, inaccurate.

He did, however, immediately perk up, looking around wide-eyed like a marmot as soon as Inanna mentioned the words "flirting with" and "your mother" in the same sentence, "Eh? Where-"

"No, I'm kidding. Although they have been talking a lot..."

Cato let his posture sink back down, but remained attentive, "If you say so…" He looked at Inanna, then down to the gift that had suddenly appeared, "Ohhhh?" Carefully, he took it, weighing the mystery present in hand. He raised an eyebrow, and smirked, "What's the occasion?" Then, he began to tear off the wrapping paper.

He was drunk. Very drunk. But at least he was a funny drunk, as evidenced by Serena's laughter.

"What's the occasion?"

"Your wedding day, remember?" Inanna shook her head. Oh, this was too much.

She watched over his shoulder as he unwrapped the gift. It was indeed a comic book, Moonlighter Issue #1.

"Being a published writer has its perks," Inanna said. "I know a guy in publishing, who knows a guy in comics publishing, who knows a comics artist..."

She had turned their first meeting into a comic book. It wasn't exact, since the artist hadn't witnessed the events themselves, but thanks to Inanna's detailed descriptions, it was pretty close to how things really played out.

"Daddy!" Serena exclaimed, pointing to Moonlighter on the cover.

Last edited:
"Your wedding day, remember?"

"Yeah, yeah," Cato waved his hand, before a playful smirk grew across his face. He finished unwrapping the gift, and the smirk turned into full-blown awe, "Whaaaat?" He began to flip through the pages, admiring the artwork, "This is the coolest thing I've ever seen!" He smiled warmly, "Honey… Thank you. This is… very thoughtful," Cato began to lean in, when Serena pointed at the cover.

He almost didn't register it at first. Then he froze awkwardly, mid-step, and look at Serena. Then Inanna. Then back at Serena, "…Did you hear that?!" He got at eye level with his daughter, "Did you just say daddy?!"

"Sh-She just said her first word! Like actual word! And it was daddy! Holy shit!"

"Shhh…Shhh-" it seemed Serena was trying to form the word her father just said, and he winced, "No no no, not that one."

Her attempts spilled into a bubbly, almost mischievous laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom