Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Long Time Coming

qC8JFYe.png

Objective: Hang out with former master
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

div1.png

Ever since the knighting ceremony, there was one person he had yet to thank, and that individual was Kahlil Noble. Before his time with Valery Noble Valery Noble he was the padawan of her husband, a man who had changed his life around from a lost sith to a warrior of peace. They both had something in common in regards to having a long line of Sith in their families, but the thing that made them click was how they understood each other as survivors. While Kahlil escaped the chains that bound him by his family, Silas dragged himself through years of slavery and hardship. In more ways than one, it was meant to be.

However, the force had different plans for them both. Kahlil was tasked with protecting and raising his daughter while Silas had been given a different teacher altogether, one who taught him to be himself and no one else. Her teachings would not have been effective if it wasn't for Kahlil, his guidance on the fundamentals of being a true Jedi was what helped build him into what he is today.

There was no way he could thank him enough, but there was an idea Silas had always wanted to do with his former master. When they were together the pair had never really let themselves loose outside of a training setting or mission. After all, in Silas's eyes it was almost as if he was going on his first drink with a man he considered the closest thing to a father. All he wanted was to hang out and catch up on the fun they had missed together, a small thing like that surely wouldn't hurt even if they tried.

Valery on the other hand probably wouldn't be too impressed with the fact her former padawan and her husband were going out drinking in coruscant. Heck, there was still a possibility Kahlil was going to say no. At the end of the day he had nothing to lose, so with three loud knocks on their apartment door, he waited for Kahlil to open up. He had made sure Valery was off planet with Vera too, without the eagle eyed master being suspicious it was going to make things far easier to convince Kahlil alone.

Last edited:

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

Before the words even escaped his mouth Kahlil had already figured out what he was going to ask. A grin fell across his lips and nodded "Uh, yes sir" Silas replied respectfully to the man as he looked up at the towering figure "You seemed to take the words right out of my mouth." he chuckled lightly before motioning to the window outside

"It's a few hours till midnight. I would have done it sooner but I was getting my daily exercise done and dusted first" There was no way he was going to skip his self development for some drinks.

"Valery isn't coming home till later right? I don't want us both to feel her wrath if we come back in a state"

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Not till tomorrow, no. Though, why are you so worried again..? She doesn't care if I drink, so long as I don't overdo it. Or drink much. And I just.. Don't, really, anymore."

He shrugged. As a Spacer, drinking came with the job. Literally, in some cases. Long travel waiting in the back of his ship left him to drink here and there. Certainly not something he bothered with anymore. Family, taking care of Vera, the Jedi. Plenty of things to keep his attention and fight off any of the boring, empty time.

"You got a bar in mind or..?"

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png
"Not till tomorrow, no. Though, why are you so worried again..?
"I'm just being cautious, Valery has always somewhat been funny with drinking when I was a padawan" he replied, feeling a bit reassured by the answer Kahlil gave about her not minding him drinking "At least that's a positive, I doubt we'll be having too much anyway." That's what they always said when in reality they just saw where the knight took them.

"Coincidently it will be one I've been to before. Don't tell Valery but I may or not have gone out with the other padawans and had an 18th birthday celebration when I was supposed to be on a training course off planet" he laughed to the man, knowing he'd keep it under wraps as long as he behaved

"You ready to go now? it's not too far away from the temple either"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I mean, you're an adult now so it's not much of a proble- You were drinking when you were still a Padawan?" Kahlil was still catching up in his half slumber, but that seemed to have caught his attention. He stood straighter, squinting for a moment. Then shrugged. He'd done worse. Way worse. .. Probably wasn't a good basis to judge Silas on or give him a pass for but he wasn't going to lecture him or anything.

"Valery probably already knows, though. Or will. Dyad thing. Just uh, we won't be in trouble." That got a chuckle from him before he shrugged.

"We can go now, yeah."

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png
You were drinking when you were still a Padawan?"
"Uh yea... there's a reason why I'm only starting to tell people now," Silas said with an awkward smile and a scratch of his head "I only ever did it now and then, one of them being my 18th" he said honestly, gulping slightly from the fact he had forgotten about the Dyad. Valery was bound to know now, but even if she did his former master couldn't exactly punish him for it anymore.

"Hmph, well so be it. We'll start heading off now then"

With that, the two Jedi traveled out of the apartments and walked into the busy streets of Coruscant. Weaving in and out of different faces, he looked up to Kahlil and shot him a smirk "You know, it's strange just hanging out in a social setting. We only ever hung out in a training scenario or assignment" Silas explained as they rounded a corner onto a quiet street.

"In ways, I regret we didn't let our hair down more. It was the war that spoilt that for us"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I mean, yeah. That's kinda just how I was before. Until y'know, that whole.. I died but didn't, thing."

He shrugged a bit. Didn't want to go too deep into that line, but it wasn't like Kahlil had been around much to actually hang around with. Wasn't something he was too proud of, that was for sure. Even if he couldn't control it.

Still, he smiled. Grinned, even.

"But hey, now I'm around, so all's good, right? Can at least make up for lost time."

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png
"But hey, now I'm around, so all's good, right? Can at least make up for lost time."
"Yea, that's all that matters sir" Silas smiled back up at him. The now was all they needed to focus on, they couldn't lose any more time thinking about the past "Come on, let's make this night worthwhile shall we?"

Soon enough, Silas would lead them to an old looking building that had a sign of a spaceship hanging beside the door. Ye Olde Spacer had been based in Coruscant for generations, way before the clone wars and ages that had been long forgotten. It was old fashioned and popular amongst the locals from all walks of life, even those you wouldn't consider welcome in any establishment.

"Here it is sir, Ye Olde Spacer. I don't know how long it has been around but some of the older gentlemen had said it was here when their great grandfathers were alive" he remarked as he went to the door, entering to a blast of noise from within. It was a fine atmosphere with everyone enjoying themselves a nice drink, the only problem was the lack of sitting spaces.

"Let's head to the bar and get something. Someone will move eventually"

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

Silas couldn’t help but reveal a grin in the corner of his lips when he chose one of his favourite drinks “Good choice” Silas nodded with a small chuckle “Same as him please” the knight said politely to the bartender which glared at him with a funny look. Silas knew why he was getting it and for now it was only wise to keep quiet.

“In all honesty sir, It has been stressful as of late. Since becoming a knight I’m still adjusting to the extra responsibilities that come with it. Even though I’m ready for this, I can’t help but feel anxious for what is ahead” Silas said truthfully just before their drinks were slid over to them.

Raising his glass to Kahlil, he took a quick sip and placed it back down
“I know it isn’t going to be a straight road. I’ve just got to keep on it and learn from whatever crashed I have along the way”

Kahlil_Div2.png

"That's part of the job, I suppose. Becoming a Knight, all the responsibility that comes with it. .. Not that you have to take such a responsibility, though." Kahlil took a brief sip of his drink, chuckling just a little as he set it down. Glanced back towards Silas.

"I spent a good portion of my time as a Knight flying around in the Bastion. Helping people here and there, but I wasn't part of any order or such. .. Not that I'm telling you to leave or anything. Just, you can. Go on your own adventure. Find yourself without all the stress of everything. You've earned that much."

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

Silas sipped on his drink and gave the man his full attention, now and then nodding along to what he had to say. Silas had plans to do some things now that there was finally peace, such as rebuilding his family home on Azbrian. However, he'd need to do more than that if he was truly going to find out more about himself.

"Right now is a better time than ever to do that. One way or another, there's still much more I need to learn about myself"

At one point everyone had to do some soul searching and figure out things they'd never discover through their usual means. It was just the matter of where to start that was the problem.

Choosing to change the subject, he asked a topic close to Kahlil's heart "How's Vera's training going? Is the world's number one dad still living up to his name?" he said with a lighthearted nudge with his shoulder. Most mornings Kahlil came into training he'd have that mug and sip on it like a father who had been kept up all night.

It was one of the many small details he remembered fondly.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It's a weird process. Jedi teach you how to be Jedi and how to trust in the Force, but your relationship with it, that you have to learn on your own. Maybe we should start enforcing walk abouts and such for new Knights to find their own footing."

An idle musing from the Jedi Master. It didn't seem like a bad idea. And with the end of the war coming, what better time? That, and it'd help the Galaxy remember that the Jedi weren't soldiers, but people who wanted to help everyone. He'd have to speak with Valery Noble Valery Noble and the rest of the council about that soon.

".. Huh? Oh. Good! I think. Valery and I both agreed that any children we have who decide to become Jedi we won't train ourselves. We'll help with some lessons and such, but we've never going to be directly involved with her training. She's been good at picking up our people's martial arts though, so I can take a guess that her training as a Jedi is going well."

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png
Maybe we should start enforcing walk abouts and such for new Knights to find their own footing."
"You should talk with Valery about that, I can see her more than likely putting that into motion quite fast," he said in agreement while taking another sip of his drink. If it could help him, it was more than likely going to help other knights in his position. After all, the war was over now and the order had more time to put small things like this into action.

"Vera is a smart kid, she'll make you and Valery Noble Valery Noble proud," Silas said confidently. Vera had a kinda character that mirrored her mother and father, kind and curious, two traits that were fundamental for a Jedi to develop "If I may, I'd like to take her on a trip to Azbrian one day to help in her training. It's spacious and peaceful there, she'll love it" the knight asked with a smile, wanting to give back to the two people who helped him be who he was today.

"It's the least I can do considering what you guys have done for me"

As the two Jedi talked, a group of rough looking men came through the door and talked obnoxiously loud. They didn't have any interest other than sitting in one of the booths in the corner. That alone caught the attention of the barman who walked over straight to Silas "Young man, I believe you and those men have come face to face before..." Silas raised a brow and gave a side eye to the individuals, a loud sigh escaping his lips from remembering what happened last time.

"We'll be fine, don't worry about it" Silas waved him off and finished his whisky, placing it face down on the counter "Fancy another sir? I'm certain one drink won't keep you down"

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

"Perfect... some more drinks please"

Time passed for a short time and the pair of them had a number of empty glasses on the bar in front of them. Silas, who hadn't been using the force to drain out the effects was still going strong, even if he looked a bit out of it. Placing down his glass, he gave a drunken smile to his former master "S-s0 where did you go all this time... Si-r" since he had gotten back he never asked how he got revived, but with a few drinks in his body, he was asking questions he wouldn't normally bother asking.

In the corner, the group that had come in was far louder and rowdy than before. Sooner or later, one of them would need to get up.

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png
"You don't have to keep calling me sir, you know."
"I'm sorry... it was just out of respect" Silas back with another unsteady gulp of his drink whiskey. The effects of the drinks were making his vision blurry and unsteady. It was probably a good time to slow down, but it was rare he and Kahlil got to share moments like this together. They both needed to do this more often. Although, next time it was probably wise to do something other than drinking.

"So... when you died your spirit became a guardian in the afterlife?" he said with a confused tone, unsure as to what Kahlil was entirely on about. That didn't matter though, all that mattered was that he was back with them "W-was there anything you missed a lot? other than the family and close friends?" the knight with a cheeky grin, hoping it was secretly caf that he sipped out of that best dad mug.

Behind them, one of the larger members of the rowdy group came up to the bar and drunkenly ordered another drink. Looking around, his eyes caught sight of Silas. The man narrowed his eyes at him and continued to coldly glare in his direction as he struggled to stay on his feet.

"Hey you... I know you from somewhere"

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Didn't actually die. Was more.. Left to believe as much."

Left in a wasteland for several years with only the glimpse of his family and friends as a reward for his guardianship. He frowned a little before tipping up his glass to down it. And not filter it out. A little buzz wouldn't hurt right now.

And then a drunk. Kahlil frowned, glancing to the man as he stumbled over.

"I don't think you do. Go back to your drink."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom