Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Long Overdue Reunion

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
Lithios.png
LITHIOS
Somewhere Downtown, Ethos City

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Romi Jade"]

A sunny midday.

Quite a rare weather for a place like this, one where it rained so heavily every single day at every single hour. Ask anyone out on the street and they'll tell you "This is the first time I've seen the sun in months." which is not very far from the truth.

It had been over eight months since Ar'ekk left the Smuggler's Moon and sought refuge with the Je'daii in their home planet Aurum, adopting their teachings and undergoing their trials known as "The Great Journey". Left behind were the teachings of the Jedi, at some extent, keeping only the positive aspects of such and raking in more from the Je'daii's balanced view of life and the Force.

Like his change of paths in life, the now Je'daii Ranger moved to a recently discovered planet called Lithios which had become a massive urban sprawl with highly developed technology and many other things that continued to develop at a promising rate only comparable to Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa, maybe even higher.

With this came many negatives too, such as losing contact with old friends and acquaintances like his (former) Jedi Master Tugoro Taidarious, fellow friend and Jedi Cassius Droma and of course: [member="Romi Jade"].

That would change instantly simply because the Force worked in mysterious ways, bumping into each other outside one of the biggest shops Ethos City had to offer.

He looked nothing like used to thanks to the magic of synthflesh, leaving behind a half scarred face and a mask to cover it up for a new renovated look.

It was hard relinquishing control...especially when you were giving away power to yourself?

That concept in itself is what made the conclusion of journey of reflection such a task.

She'd been all over since leaving Deneba...Lithios had been pleasant for the most part; she considered moving here if she ever wanted to push for it.

There she was...standing in the center of three holographic trees; shades of red had always been her favorites. These in particular were closer to auburn. For a brief moment...she shut her eyes.

"You'll get there..."

Her head fell, and her eyes opened. When reality became what it was again, her attention jumped to the bustling urban sprawl before her. She was just across the street from a large shopping center. To explore what it meant to just be...she pushed into a moderate pace, scurrying across the street before reaching the other side.

Haven't yet turned her attention full to the entrance, she soon physically collided with someone, and that someone?

"Oh I'm sor-"

Double take

"[member="Arekk"] ?"

Arekk

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RScZrvTebeA[/media]​
LITHIOS

Impossible.

Deneba seemed like a distant memory but in reality it had been over six months or more since he last heard about it. The darkness took over what once had been the house of The Jedi Order, a place he called home for who knows how long.

This? This random reunion? It was something magical and also a little frightening at the same time. Ar'ekk and Romi's last meeting was not very amicable sort of speak, the man making a living out in Nar Shaddaa and with her trying to save the man he once was.

Eventually he found the path of redemption but their friendship broke off and faded like the mist.

He blinked rapidly, trying to come to his senses and realize he wasn't dreaming. It was her, it was Romi standing right next to him.

"Romi?"

She lined her bottom lip with her teeth, a sort of nostalgic smirk. Her eyes blinked a few times before she shook her head in disbelief.

"Wow..." She stepped closer, "I almost didn't recognize you." She curled her finger and hook it to a few strands of hair, with ease she pulled it back.

She hadn't seen him in what seemed like ages. His presence brought back so much, she titled her head follow by a display of the warmest smiles. His face...

"Your face..." She remembered the mask, and the scars....he wasn't that little boy she always saw him as even though he was never that much younger than her anyway. "You look good!"

"How're you, and what're you doing here?" She motioned around at their current location.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS

She looked as stunning as he remembered her with her marvelous golden hair and always exciting outgoing personality. To say Ar'ekk did not feel captivated by the girl during his younger days would be a lie. This was a welcome sight and it made him feel at peace, to reunite with a familiar yet even closer face.

"It's been too long indeed. The magic of synthflesh, can you believe it?" He said as he pointed towards his face where the scars once used to be present, not anymore now.

A sly smirk surfaced on his face going from ear-to-ear as his gaze moved around aimlessly, his fingers fidgeting within the black blazer he was wearing.

"After everything that transpired, life has brought me to Lithios. I've been living here for a few days now, just settling down."

Ar'ekk took a moment to ponder as their glances clashed and a comfortable silence took over,

"What about you?"

"You look really good..." She said as her voice tapered out, nodding to it even. "Not that you didn't before...but I'm just glad to see you doing well." She shook her head but couldn't refuse to smile again.

So he actually had a residence here, yeah she could see why'd he chosen this place. Gosh, he was all grown up now...not that he was so much younger than her to begin with. She'd always found him slightly rambunctious...and coupled with his playful advances and comments, she'd never taken him serious in the slightest.

Her briefly stepping in to help his training and the events on Nar Shaddaa she found out he wasn't so bad at all.

"I've just been traveling" she responded, she looked down at her boots before their eyes could meet again. "I suppose you could say I'm looking for myself...somehow I ended up here."

She glanced away, "And...I love it"

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS

The initial words spewed out by Romi made him feel a slight rush in his chest, revealing a toothy grin as he looked down at his own boots then back at her blue pearly eyes. Somehow, his dorky smile complemented hers without much effort and that was great.

"You look absolutely beautiful, just like I remembered you."

Always trying to be so smooth, Ar'ekk. He had tried this before with her but didn't have much success given their status as master and apprentice. Yet now... they were two strangers standing in the middle of a busy road nowhere near they used to call "home" a long time ago, exchanging steamy glances and playful smirks.

"I feel you. Somehow... I can say we've shared the same thought. I found myself here."

Their conversation had gotten mobile as they walked down the street, his apartment not really far away from where they stood. Under the crimson holographic trees, the two of them continued their conversation as usual. It was always great to catch up with someone you could relate to so much, specially when you've faced many things together...

"You know? It's worth it, on Lithios. You've got everything you need right in front of you."

Her eyes fell and bounced around a bit in response to his remark. A gentle smirk wasn't too far behind. Such compliments, she never knew what to do with them really. To some Romi was attractive, but she was oblivious to it and never saw herself in that way unless she needed to use it for her own means.

It was weird.

With it coming from Arekk, part of her wanted to brush it off as she had always done. However, she wondered if there was more behind it...

She didn't dwell here long. She walked, and matched his pace. "Really?" she said absorbing the scenery; there was something about it.

Intriguing. Dreamy.

It almost gave off a nostalgic vibe but....

"I guess I should take your word for it since you've decided to make this your home." She said, then turned back to look at him, "How long have you been here?"

Arekk

LITHIOS

His compliments were straight forward and lighthearted with no ill intentions hidden beneath, it was good to make someone you knew personally smile and he liked that. Of course, Ar'ekk did not pressure beyond a limit to not make things unnecessarily awkward.

"For over a week or so, not too far away from here actually."

The rain started to pour gently over their heads as soon as he finished his sentence, a most common sight on Lithios. It was as if this was Romi's welcome present by the planet, a pretty weak drizzle that would soon turn into a storm like it always did.

"What about you?"

The two of them walked beneath red holographic trees and massive neon billboards flashing in front of their faces in the most invasive manner you could think of, trying to sell you their useless wares and draw you into their massive stores.

His hands sought warmth inside his black blazer given they were too cold and the weather dropping drastically didn't help the case. Ar'ekk brought out a small device that acted as an umbrella and gave both a roof under their heads as the rain began to get worse.

"I can invite you for dinner, if you plan on staying longer."

She glanced over at him before bursting into a giggle; soft and short. It was just mind-blowing how time flew...

Smirking, she looked down and then arced back up to take in the holographic trees. "I know they aren't real...but this has to be my favorite thing about this planet thus far." he mused, it was just interesting to see how they developed the place. It didn't feel like they way it was described. She wasn't sure if that was because of Ar'ekk or just because...

A single droplet of water, fell just on the curve of her cheek. Shocking for a moment, she was more prepared when the full drizzle came.

"Just a few days...I was just stopping through really." she responded.

She closed in for coverage under the umbrella. "Dinner?" She questioned.

Just who was he now? He seemed so different from how she remembered him.

"Sure, why not? I have a reason to now."

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKZ5ONOLbrg[/media]​
LITHIOS

Her giggling was accompanioned by a short laugh of his, wondering what had caused such emotion to surface. Sure, he was trying really hard to not come off as clingy but ended up messing up like he always did just like the old days.

"That's nice, more than enough to get to know Lithios."

Ar'ekk looked from beneath the umbrella as the rain came down from the sludgy opaque sky, the clouds coming together as one and unleashing their "wrath" throughout the city.

"I don't live too far away and it wouldn't really be smart to eat outside with the weather's that approaching." He responded.

Too many questions to be asked. What a better occasion to do so than during dinner at a comfortable, warm and cozy place?

It had been a while since Romi and Ar'ekk had seen each other and he was eager to know more, considering their last meeting was not very friendly.

So they continued walking forward until they reached the glassed front entrance to his apartment complex. Once inside, they immediately had shelter from the rain. It was not until the constant downpour stopped that you realised just how incessant and noisy it was.

A turbolift would take them directly to his floor and up to his door that would open as soon as Ar'ekk stepped in front of it, immediately recognizing the "owner".

"Make yourself at home, Romi. Shoes by the door if you don't mind, we don't want to drag the mud from outside in here."

He smiled as he started to take his shoes off, not having to worry about being cold considering his apartment was so warm and cozy already thanks to a built-in temperature and ambience regulator.

"Good." she said catching his gaze and breaking it off on her own as she casually look away. If all it took was a few days then...

So he didn't live too far, she quickly stepped out to catch a quick glimpse of the sky but quickly retreated to cover with Ar'ekk. "Alright." she responded, "Sounds good. Lead the way." she smirked.

When they reached the front his apartment complex she scurried through the entrance before casually shaking off what water she could. She followed him up the turbolift and exited after him before filing up near his door which opened to his presence.

She filed in, stopping short before she removed her jacket. She'd do as he asked, removing her boots and waiting for him to move further inside before she did.

Running her hands through her hair, she pushed it back before looking over at him. "So this is you huh?" she smiled before looking around; she didn't touch anything.

"This is nice. You're here alone?"

Arekk

Ar_ekk_s_Apartment.png
LITHIOS

Ar'ekk grabbed Romi's jacket first to hang it behind the door next to his leather blazer, stepping into the comfort of his own home first so she could follow him suit. The scent emanating from within was of fresh vanilla aromatizer and as soon as you ventured further, the warmth compared to the freezing weather outside was a blissful sensation.

"This is me." He smiled profusely as he showed Romi around. Not too big of an apartment but also not too small. Perfect?

"Yeah, I live alone. You thought..."

Ar'ekk just smirked playfully, the assumption of anything else wast just her imagination.

A place as big as Lithios and a man like him living just here alone without anyone to make him company was... utopic? Maybe on her eyes. But it was true, his bed was an untidy mess with sheets not made and his clothes all over the floor. That did not mean anything.

"Well, feel right at home. Do I get you anything?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom