Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little toy

EVLOaWV.png

Look at that

[member="Raziel"], I'd very much be a fan of this.

While I'm not thrilled to be making overpowered submissions, I'm not particularly keen to be completely outclassed either.

[member="Raziel"]
So I like this, it's cool, and while I would probably use it on a personal basis for my own submissions, do you think you could explain (like as a guideline for people who question why X Armaments and X Defense = development, or overpowered, etc) the reasons behind the possible results? Kind of as a written guideline we can use for your "significantly overpowered" ships in your other idea thread?

[member="Darth Vitium"]

To get to something that produced a result that was roughly in line with our current standards was... Complex.

Hangars and speed are scaled to size for instance. So it's more expensive to put hangars for four squadrons on a frigate than a star destroyer.

Likewise it's more expensive to make a battle cruiser as fast as the millennium falcon than it is a frigate.

I wouldn't really want to expose the behind the scenes as it would lead to certain people thinking we actually had a numerical system for judging submissions (we don't any more) and trying to abuse it.

Bump along with ---

Guide to judging starships

1. Look at the class of the vessel
2. Find the template that corresponds to that class
3. Check the size of the vessel is correct for the class
4. Check the faction/company is permitted to produce a vessel of this size
5. Check development has been done based on the size of the vessel. (e.g. 30 posts for a Battlecruiser)
6. Check the individual specs for balance:
a. Most lines of the template typically have an orange statement that shows what may need development for a given class of ship. This includes special features, armament ratings, speed. Compare these to the submitted vessel. Have they done this development?
7. Check that the listed special features (and potentially submissions incorporated) have had their benefits clearly listed in the strengths of the vessel. (e.g. a custom scanner with exceptional capabilities must be listed in the strengths.)
8. Ensure the production level of subsystems is not below that of the vessel. (e.g. a limited production reactor can’t go on a mass produced ship).
9. Check the overall submission for balance
a. The individual maximums for stats usually assume a ship weighted towards this aspect. E.g. a ship with 16 armaments normally has a very small hangar.
b. Find a cookie cutter template (beneath the main template for a class) that most matches the ship you’re looking at. E.g. Cruiser Carrier for a cruiser focussed on a large hangar.
c. Look at the array of stats, the level of production (unique to mass), strengths and weaknesses and make a judgement on whether the submission is balanced.
d. Very powerful ships, even with development, should be made at a lower level of production. (Flagships are the extreme end of this scale, unique incredibly powerful vessels).
10. If the submission is not balanced give the submitter options:
a. Very clearly list new stats or weaknesses that would allow you to approve the submission with no additional development. (e.g. please lower the armament rating to 10 and reduce the production to limited).
b. List how much additional development you require to approve the vessel in its current state (or minor tweaks required even with development)
11. Complement the submitter on their hard work. Be polite but get to the point. You don’t have to justify your requested edits in extensive detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom