Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Little Something Extra

With a few higher risk jobs coming up on Nar Kreeta, Joza thought it would be best to hire on additional security. She didn’t want to spend an exorbitant amount, and Darkwater Security, no matter how good, was out of the question. Even now, she was stringent on remaining unaffiliated with Orcus’ company despite the fact that he was very much dead. She hadn’t looked into who’d replaced him since then, but she still didn’t want to risk anything.

To her surprise, Meran Mechanics had a small mercenary group listed on their Holonet page. Figuring it was worth a shot, she opened her mail app and typed a quick message to Meran Mechanic’s business inbox.

//incoming message from: Heartbeat House

Hello,

This is Joza Perl of Heartbeat House. I’m interested in acquiring your mercenary group for a security job. If you’d like to meet in person, I can extend an invitation to meet at Heartbeat Boutique. Coordinates will follow.

Thank you,
Joza Perl

\\end message

[member="Kami Meran"]

intercepting the message Kami scrubbed the thing tracing it several times.
" Ok confirmed it all. it is legit. " kami sighed sending back a response.
[ To Hart beat House ]
The 3 sisters will be happy to be of service and we can supply security / Floor staff droids.
i will meet at the Designated Coordinates.
be warned if this is a trick i am not some one you want as an enemy.

Kami wondered about adding to the threat.
but held off. [member="Joza Perl"]

Receiving a message back from Meran Mechanics, Joza blinked a few times to make sure that she’d read it right. Was that…a not so subtle threat at the end? She had to laugh, not cruelly, but good-naturedly. Trust a Mandalorian to pull no punches when it came to business.

//incoming message from: Heartbeat House

I assure you that there are no tricks. Looking forward to meeting you at Heartbeat Boutique.

\\end message

wIwClKY.jpg
Heartbeat Boutique was…pink. Very, very pink. There were some white and red accents, but most of the décor was in various shades of complementary pink. In preparation for their guest, Joza had a fresh pot of tea made, and a few beers arranged nicely in a bucket of ice on the coffee table. It seemed out of place for a meeting in a place like this, but she wasn’t sure what her guest preferred.​
[member="Kami Meran"]​

2 days later kami blinked looking at the room. the colours assaulted her senses and the smells effected her worse than that.
she hated her brain and it made her sick. so she kept her helmet on.
she greeted Joza with a firm handshake
" my apologies [member="Joza Perl"] i have... issues. i apologize but my helmet will be being kept on i hope that will not effect buisness?" she admited.

Joza stood as Kami arrived, shaking the other woman’s hand with a polite smile.

“It’s good to finally meet you in person, Ms. Meran. And no worries about the helmet. Please keep it on if you’re more comfortable that way. Did you have an easy journey?”

As the pair sat, she gestured to the beverages on the table. “Please help yourself to some refreshment at any time.” Joza had interacted with Mandalorians before, enough to be less perturbed by the fact that many practically lived in their armor. Hell, her own father was a Warmarshal—and she’d seen a straw pop out of his buy’ce once when drinking ale, so she kept the offer of drinks open. Still, she wouldn’t be offended if Kami declined. They were here for business, and Mandalorians tended to be straightforward people.

“I’m glad that you’ve agreed to provide security for an upcoming performance. The lower areas of Nar Shaddaa can be quite unforgiving. While I usually attend myself, I’m short on bodyguards.” One area she would not make concessions in was the safety of her girls. “Beyond credits, is there anything you’d like in return? Heartbeat has a line of beauty products and clothing, but we’ve also started dabbling in weaponry.”

[member="Kami Meran"]

" i'll pass i am still on some pretty powerful medication. mind you if you had a fizzaid i wouldn't pass." Kami polity declined the alcoholic beverages.
" I have to admit The three sisters are.. rough around the edges. Dag and Rocha maybe. " Kami admitted tapping her chin
" I'd rather have them train staff and add security droids. "
[member="Joza Perl"]

“No worries. If there’s anything I can get you, please let me know.” Sipping her cup of tea, Joza felt daintier than usual. She often felt more breakable around Mandalorians, considering that armor was like a second skin for them. Nevertheless, she didn’t let it affect her business gusto and Kami seemed pleasant enough. “Rough around the edges?” A scarlet brow arched and she chuckled. ”That means that they’ve got personality, then. I’ve heard good things about your security team.”

Pausing, she tapped one of her nails on the side of her teacup. “They shouldn’t run into much trouble, to be honest. The only trouble we run into at venues like this are bar fights and the occasional gunslinger. They usually don’t affect the girls, but I’d like them to be kept safe from any violence or anyone who tries to grab them.” It wouldn’t be super high profile work, considering that no one really took the time to order a hit on a couple of dancing girls. Just keep the thugs and beings of similar ilk away. “Their outfits are mostly designed with Heatflex fabric anyhow—so they won’t have to worry about blasters. Well, on the parts of the body that are covered.”

[member="Kami Meran"]

Kami looked over to [member="Joza Perl"] and thought " Hmmm i have access to Clone trooper tech from Geonosis, i can make a few security officers. the GIR were making female officers."
Kami thought deeply " the sisters are quite often drunk. theirs a reason i keep those idiots on a leash. i'll have them teach a security squad the security aspect i suppose you could teach them the customer support aspect. " Clone concierges lol

Joza nodded slowly as Kami explained what sort of tech she had at her disposal. Clone trooper tech would be useful for security and standard infantry, and got the Zeltron thinking about her own units. Zeta Squad was primarily a group of female Zeltron spies, and though they were capable of minor combat they weren’t intended to be direct combatants. The Mariposa Snipers weren’t direct combatants either, but they saw more battlefield action than the Zeta girls. Perhaps it would be time to do some training exercises with the Kathol Marines.

“Drunk?” She arched a brow while taking a short sip of tea, placing the cup back into the sauce with a bemused look. The mention of her teaching customer support made her chuckle. “Sure, I could do that. I certainly know how to work a crowd, and the sales women here at the Boutique know all about customer satisfaction.” She paused, realizing how her words could be misconstrued. “In a non-sexual way, I assure you. Then again, I’m not sure what those girls do off the clock.” She chuckled and shook her head, placing the saucer back onto the table as the tea was beginning to get a little cold.

[member="Kami Meran"]

Kami looked perplexed. " No idea what you mean. but i could still provide security staff and droids and get the sisters to provide security. "
Kami said trying to work out a few ideas.
" let me look up a product shot of the Cross protocol / security droid. it is a semi human replicate " She said selecting the cutest design to [member="Joza Perl"]

TOY-RBT-2311_06.jpg

Joza shrugged it off, tilting her head closer to the provide image and smiling.

“Oh, that’s adorable! I sure would love to have some of those around when they go on the market.” She rarely saw pink droids, and pink cutesy droids were even rarer. At the thought of sharing designs, an idea slowly formed in her head.

“Heartbeat produces textiles and custom fashions. I’ve developed a fabric that provides protection from blasters and blades while looking stylish. It’s called Heatflex fabric, and I’ve already got a few orders for clothing made from it. Would you be interested in anything like that? Maybe a nice suit for meetings or a dress for a night out on the town? Keep in mind, it only protects what it covers. It defends against deadly blows with blasters and blades, but has no added resistance to lightsabers or kinetic impacts.”

Scrolling through her datapad, she brought up the suit designs for the men of Wolfsglaive—the bodyguards of Aster Rose Baelor.

iYbSZLS.jpg
[member="Kami Meran"]​

[member="Joza Perl"]

" hmm tell you what. "kami asked tapping her helmet. " i can make a human replicant version of the AR-CE with combat protocols. in return i am looking to use the facric in a few armors." kami admitted bringing up a image of a Engenier armor.
http://www.planetside-universe.com/media/album/q4q5tnh4w8/20120601_4fc90ac72ae92.jpg
" my clan are moving in to a combat engineer field. so that material would be verry usfull. plus if you coild make me this.. "
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b7/b0/b1/b7b0b1adf9e20cbcad31e145b3398ed5.jpg
" im more a combat maker not a fashion designer. "

“Ooh, that sounds like it’ll work. I’m not much of an engineer myself.” Joza laughed lightly, tapping the image on her datapad idly. Working with Heatflex meant blending fashion and protective measures together smoothly. Given the nature of her work—er, that is, the part that wasn’t covered in brightly colored fabric and glitter—she’d also been considering armor and weaponry. She’d designed some covert grenades made for civilian use, but she was lacking in the combat armor department. There were a few prototypes she’d been working on, and her concentration mainly focused on speed and flexibility. After all, she had snipers to think about. Giggling, pink snipers who were light on their feet.

“Oh, I like that.” She nodded with approval when the picture of the suit was produced. It was elegant in a tomboyish way, and something she’d certainly love to design. Her eyes went over the outfit briefly, noting the lines and creases, already coming up with the necessary patterns in her head. “I’ll need your measurements, Miss Meran. You can either send them to me, but I’d be happy to take them for you otherwise.”

[member="Kami Meran"]

[member="Joza Perl"] kami looked at her notes. her brain was wired differently she processed information at a weird rate.
" i have a few set up as we speak a mix of store staff manikin and security staff. made to be as sweet and cute as needed. about my height but programmed with tesra kasi " she admitted looking up. she faced Joza but had never met her eyes her eyes were on several hud elements.
" I'll have a proto type up in a few hours if you like?"

986119219076eac8dd3fbb6d3dba8bd1.jpg
a better suit for Kami sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom