Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Little Knowledge Never Hurt

Soliael Devin Talith stood within the Hall of Knowledge, Neth the Keepers chosen home. The Hall took on a rather simple appearance, one that suited the god well. It was a massive library that seemed to stretch on for all eternity. One could take a turn at the end of one hall of books and find another hall that looked just the same. The Library seemed to stretched for an eternity, every time you turned a corner, another hall of books stood in your way.

Yet it was nearly impossible to get lost. The Library itself seemed to contain some knowledge of what a person that entered what. It led and guided them to where they wanted to go, showing them the way in some mystical path.

It was a strange spell, the work of Sith magic.

Neth the Keeper stood deep within the hall, a small piece of tree bark splayed out before him upon a large desk. A pair of tweezers was in one hand and a small stone device in the other. He wore no mask but instead had on a long flowing cloak, his face constantly obscured by some mystic spell. The God did not move, but simply studied the tree before him.

He waited, as if he knew that someone was coming.

Crystal was reading the book that Aesir Inari's priest had given her and walking. The Sith Princess was not paying attention to where she was walking. When she looked up from the book to assess if she had reached her destination, Crystal saw that she was not where she intended to be but in a library. A hall of books. Interesting. She closed her book and approached a wall of books. Some of the books she recognized, for she'd read a great deal in the last four hundred years of her existence. But there were a great many more that she did not recognize.

She deduced that she was in the hall of Neth the Keeper and followed the wall of books to see how massive the collection was. Sheer curiousity. It was strange. A spell, she deduced. Fancy.

When she reached the end of the line, she tilted her head. It was an unusual sight. The Sith Princess approached slowly, not wishing to disturb his concentration. As she got closer, she noticed that his face was not visible. Another spell. Curious. And what was he doing? She had no idea, as the three items seemed random to her. Crystal was content to watch him for a few minutes to try and determine what it was that he was trying to accomplish.

Soliael stood at his workbench tinkering away with the pieces of wood before him as thought it were all an experiment. He smiled slightly everytime he fit something into place, every time a little spell weaved itself correctly. The smile did not touch his eyes of course, those were blacked over almost entirely, unable to see a single thing. Sith Sorcery had a price, and for Soliael that price had been his eyesight.

“I know you're there.” Soliael said in the calmest of voices, the God of Knowledge smiling slightly as he lifted up a small piece of wood.

The wood had curled and turned to blackness, silver etchings running throughout it as though it were completely natural. He looked at it for a time, and then placed it onto the table. He began to build darkside energy, and then placed a single palm over the chip of wood. Slowly it began to grow and expand across the table.

It spread like a weed, growing thicker and stronger until it was a tiny tree, black bark etched with silver.
@[member="Crystal Carter"]

Crystal was still watching him work, and the wood growing when he spoke.

"I am not hiding. Merely curious as to what you were accomplishing." The Sith Princess responded. "I did not wish to disturb you."

"The spells you're using are impressive. I have not seen them used in a very long time."

@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

“Well when one stands behind you they're usually trying to not be noticed aren't they?” Soliael said it with full amusement in his voice, clearly trying to tease the woman. He stared at the tree before him for quite some time, studying its nature. The Silver linings within the black trunk seemed to give off a soft sheen of sorts. The tree seemed to hunger slightly.

He turned about and looked at the girl.

“You can use the force, can you not?” He asked the question already knowing the answer.

Crystal nodded "True, but I am out to be noticed. Noticed, but not disruptive. I am extremely patient when I need to be."

When he turned toward her and asked her the question that she knew that he knew the answer to. "I can indeed. Impressive spell work I just witnessed."

The Sith considered what to say next. "Forgive my ignorance, but I'm new here and not fully versed on the nature of this temple. Who are you?"

“I am Neth.” Soliael said as he watched the tree with careful practiced eyes. He could not see it of course due to his blindness, but the force allowed him to get an impression of the small shrub. He smirked slightly as it began to eat away at the force surrounding it, draining the life of other plants and clawing at Soliaels own force signature. “The Keeper of all knowledge and thought.”

He turned around slightly and looked at the woman, beckoning her to come closer.

The Tree of course was a sample of something he had seen on the world of Manpha. A piece of plant life capable of absorbing and harnessing the force, a great and powerful tool. “This tree is alive, it drains the force from the living.”

He pointed to it, sort of like an excited child. Even a god could marvel.

"A pleasure to meet you, Neth. I am Crystal Carter."

The Sith came closer as he beckoned. "That is a most useful skill indeed." She smiled. His amusement was contagious. "I have used it before."

Crystal smirked, and began to drain it of it's life force. But just for a moment, to stunt it. Then she fed it. A little more than she'd taken from it. She wasn't always mean afterall.

"So what does the Keeper of all knowledge and thought find interesting in this temple. Surely there are not many beings of great interest to acquire knowledge and thoughts from."

“Everyone has something to teach.” Soliael simply replied in answer to her as he watched the tree shrink and grow. It was like a battery for the force, amazing. He smirked slightly, knowing what he had just taken the first steps to. Of course it would take time to perfect, much time. But that didn't matter, he had begun to know what he was doing with this creation, and soon he would be able to do much more.

Slowly the Sith Lord turned about and faced the woman slowly, continuing his earlier though. “And everyone has something to learn.”

That was true. Even the most powerful and knowledgeable things within this universe still had things to learn. What they had to learn was up for debate of course, but everyone could be taught something. Whether it was true knowledge, or just a small tidbit.

“Even a god.” He said it with warmth in his voice.

Crystal nodded in agreement. "That is true. Even the fools have lessons to teach and when we stop learning, we die." Had she stopped learning, she would have been dead nearly four hundred years before, and where would her House's knowledge have gone? Nowhere. The subsequent generations were talented, but they didn't have the same thirst that she did. It was one of the reasons why she didn't bother to keep any of them around.

He had turned around and was now facing her. He was different than she had expected when she first encountered him. It was interesting interacting with him. Though he was a God, there didn't appear to be anything particularly God like about him. Unless her senses were completely out of whack, he was as mortal as she was. Of course if her senses were out of whack, then kudos to him were absolutely in order. But, she didn't have the feeling that she was wrong.

The Sith Princess tilted her head slightly to the right, as she often did when thinking, pondering, considering a situation or response. When one saw her head tilt, it was because she was interested and attentive.

"A God does have much to teach, yes." She considered the things that he could possibly learn from mortals that truely believed him to be a God. Perhaps he was studying a connection between belief and behaviour? Or perhaps he was simply gathering masses in preparation for some greater purpose. It was a matter that she would have to meditate on, and possibly inquire about at a later time.

The Princess smiled. "What would a God have to learn from a Princess of Tapani?"

“Oh a great many things I imagine.” Soliael said as he watched her for a second and then regarded the shelves behind her. Books seemed to flutter there without regard, as though they were living things. He watched them for a time, then returned his attention to the woman before him. “A name for a start.”

He looked at the woman with an amused grin, though with his illusion still up she could not see it of course. The God of Knowledge was a funny being, he gained amusement from the smallest thing.

That was something that Soliale had always found amusing in it of itself. Everyone always expected Neth to be all serious and Stoic, completely emotionless and utterly draining. But it was not so. Soliael found amusement in great many things, and the worshipers of Moross brought hilarity to him in droves. Not just in who they were, but when they spoke to him. Most of the things they said amused him, whether it was intentional on their part or not.

Crystal was looking for a more specific response, but was patient enough to wait for one. His attention seemed to be spanning however, with silences between thoughts.

"A name for start." He said.

The Sith Princess grinned. "A name. Well, I know a great many names." She also was amused, and playing with him to amuse herself. "One accumulates many names in four hundred years. My father gave me another name, Phoenix, after training me for many years."

Crystal had already given her name, so she knew that it was not the one that he was asking for. But, she wouldn't just give random names out.

"Which name are you seeking, Neth?"

“Everyone has two names.” The God of knowledge spoke almost cryptically as he focused on the tree in front of him. His voice was smooth and calm, almost relaxing in its tone. “The one they give to people, and the ones they hold close.”

For the first time he turned around completely to face her. Eyes still hidden by the cloak but most of his face revealed, there was a small smile on his lips, illusive but still there. He wondered if the woman was a Sith, oh he could certainly smell the darkside on her, that much was very simple. But had she claimed a Darth Name? Had she killed, murdered, maimed? Was she evil? Or more like him?

It was a constant question he asked when he met Sith. “I seek the name you chose for yourself. Not one you were given. Not the ones you give to others.”

Names were all metaphors of course. Soliael had taken the name Neth when he had ascended to godhood, Amore had taken Inari, Vascious, Kalee. His father had taken the Name Moridin. All meant something, and his question simplified of course was asking if she had forged an identity for herself, or if she was waiting for others to forge it for her.
@[member="Crystal"]

Crystal could see the amusement on his face in the form of a small smile. With his elaboration, she gathered that she was asking for her Darth name. It wasn't one that she used much anymore.

"I have gone by many names over the past four centuries. The name you speak of however, is Phoenix. Though I must admit, I haven't used it in a very long time." She returned his smile. In her four hundred years, she had killed, and maimed others, but certainly not for sport. Everything had a purpose for Crystal.

"I have risen above my name since then. I have spent the majority of my life studying and teaching. It was surreal to teach five generations of my descendants." She tilted her head for a moment as she considered what else to say or ask.

"And what about the God of Knowledge? Surely you didn't fall from the sky as a living God. What name were you given?" Crystal inquired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom