Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Little Help Can Go A Long Way [Sanya]

En Route to Rafa System
Destination: Teguta Lusat - Rafa IV

This... was going to be a long trip. All the way out to the Outer Rim.

Three days travel out, two days planned for their visit, three days back.

Avalore sighed as she looked over their plotted route - one created with the help of [member="Hal Terrano"] just before leaving the very same day on his own trip elsewhere. Off to do great Archivist things, perhaps this mission had come at a good time. The call had come in some days ago to the Academy, asking for the help of Healers. Rafa IV's governor had fallen desperately ill following the Netherworld event, and despite the Shara's advancements in technology, nothing had seemed to help.

Their last ditch effort was the Jedi, which came as something of a burn to the Chief Healer, but she'd made a vow all the same.

My powers are not my own, but are that of the Force.
I shall be a vessel of understanding, of compassion, of modesty.
The needs of others shall always supersede my own,
the vitality of the galaxy is my namesake.
I shall never waver in my duties to others,
all beings created by the Force are equal under my care.
Until my last breath, until theirs.
May the Force guide me.

She'd bid Hal farewell and safe journey, agreeing on a return day. Neither of them had easy tasks ahead, but neither of them were lament to fulfill their duties. With the proposal for the Sanctuary approved, there was little left to do there anyways but stay out of the way. Hal packed up his expeditionary necessities, Avalore packed up her pupil [member="Sanya Val Lerium"].

They were off and on their way.

"Sanya," with a pilot droid set and their ship skimming through hyperspace, Avalore finally approached the young woman, "I must appologize for what must seem to be a chaotic mess. Hopefully the renovations to the Sanctuary will go quickly enough and we can get you settled in. They should be mostly underway by the time we return, so I suppose this trip will give us a good opportunity to get to know one another."

The Chief Healer smiled warmly as she sat down beside Sanya at a bench table, small white womprat in her arms, "This is Nine," she said, lifting the creature onto the table for Sanya to meet, "he was part of the lab womprats at the Coruscant Jedi Temple. Part of the batch I accidentally let loose a month before the Sith invaded. Strangely enough he found me when ..." the Healer's smile faltered momentarily, "when I was on my way out. He's a shy thing, but he likes females. He'll be keeping us company on our mission."

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
Sanya sat there looking towards Avalore approaching where she was sat. "there is no need to apologize" Sanya smiled at her "after all these things happen and need to be done, and getting to know each other seems like a good idea."

In Avalores arms she had a small white womprat, they where strange little animals this one even more so. As she lifted him onto the table Sanya put her hand out to pet him "hello nine." Sanya smiled as the womprat lifted it's head beneath her hand.

Sanyas attention turned back to her master "so what would you like to know, and don't worry if the question seems personal I'm open about who I am." she knew that there was nothing worth hiding especially from someone who would be a big influence and role model.

[member="Avalore Eden"]

Well at least Avalore wouldn't have to worry about getting too personal, apparently. Not that she had much intention of doing so. The Chief Healer smiled at the younger woman's openness, nodding.

"Well I'm not much for giving interviews, that's not really my thing ... but I suppose what I'm most curious about is your origins within the Jedi. How you came to join the Order, why you are a Jedi."

Questions she had asked of many a Jedi Padawan, Knight and Master. The answers had always ranged greatly, and she found that the variety of choices made pertaining to this particular lifestyle were always quite interesting. Some people believed themselves born to be a Jedi while others claim to have never had the choice presented to them. Children of the Jedi, they were called, born and raised within the Order without ever having met their real family. That was Hal Terrano and her other padawan Branimir, was it also Sanya? Or was she perhaps a chosen keeper of the Peace like Marcello Matteo?

Avalore gave Sanya a curious look while stroking a hand over Nine, itching at the womprat's back.

[member="Sanya Val Lerium"]

Sanya Val Lerium

Sanya lead back in the spot she was sat in. "well before I became Jedi I had to make s living stealing and tending to people's wounds in the slums, and one day I saw this shiny object attached to this persons waist." As she took in a deep breath and exheald she smiled. "By this point I knew how to make objects levitate so I managed to lift it and had it in my hands then the person turned around and she approached me. the woman gave me a choice although looking back I donut think she was serious about one but I was still young at the time, she told me that she would turn me in to the authority's or I could join the Jedi to put my skills to use for the better."

Sanya leaned forwarded her smile still on her face "I've lever looked back and asked what if I said no. I'm proud of the choice I made because iy give me the chance to help so many more."

[member="Avalore Eden"]

It was a story much like many others. An opportunity given at just the right moment. Avalore nodded and pulled Nine from the table into her lap, "I've never been much good at levitation myself," she smiled easily, "couldn't get the hang of it. Not that it matters much for what I do, though I suppose it might be about as useful as having four arms instead of two."

Multitasking was first in a Healer's job description.

"And what does being a Jedi Healer mean to you?"

Sanya Val Lerium

"I want to help people in the way I know best how. it's something that I got admit I am passionate about, I understand that not everyone can be healed but it can't stop me from trying. I get enjoyment out of knowing I'm made someone's life better and I never expect something in return because helping is it's own reward." this was something she strived for even at a young age, and it's hard not to feel passionate about something that has been a key factor of her life. "and even with wars going off all the time it seems no better time that to work on my potential as a full fledged healer."

[member="Avalore Eden"]

"Passion is good," strange thing to hear coming from a Jedi, "but you'll have to temper it with prudence and unbiased resolve. One day you'll meet a person that will test your will and want and duty as a Healer, and that passion will get in the way if you aren't careful. And you're right, not everyone can be healed. Not everyone wants to be healed or helped. Every Jedi faces this challenge - but the real challenge is not helping everyone that wants it, but everyone that needs it."

Avalore gently stroked her hand across Nine's back, "Like a criminal ... or a Sith. We can't afford prejudice or judgement in our line of work."

Sanya Val Lerium

Sanya nodded her head "a life is a life it's precious. only if the galaxy thought that way." she sat there with a second of silence "I'm aware everyone and thing is different like nine here, but they goes to the bad guys." gesturing with her fingers

"when you're life is on the line and help is offered most people don't care who it is but instead rememberd for the good deed they did. I don't want to become a healer to pick and chose who lives and who suffers or dies, I want to do it because I want everyone to live and have that second chance to better them selfs to lead a better life."

Sanya crossed her legs over and leaned on the table in front of her "can I ask why you chose this path?" with war always braking out it always seemed healers where short in numbers most Jedi these days seem to want to pick up a saber and fight the on the front lines she respects there decision but she would rather see more less violent acts to win this never ending war.

[member="Avalore Eden"]

"Of course."

Nine was dozing off in her lap so she cuddled him into a bundle within her outer robes, "I joined because the man who saved my life and brought justice to the people who destroyed my home and family showed me that the atrocities I suffered were a galactic-wide disease. That I could effect change and help those who needed it more by understanding the gift I had and using it for good."

"Course I was never going to be a warrior. Can't even turn a lightsaber on without flinching - and I was never very talented with any of the other Force powers. Can't use telepathy, never really got the hang of telekenisis. But my first Master assured me that my power didn't come from the Force, but from within. From my heart," brow knitting together, she gave a short sigh, "and he promised me that those were the things the galaxy needed more than anything, and I believed him, and he was right."

"There's too many people willing to bring harm to others, and not enough people willing to do the opposite. That's why our job is so important."

Sanya Val Lerium

Sanya nodded her head "That's why I want to inspire people that there is always a better way to solve a problem. sure sometimes it doesn't always work like that but there is alot more people can do to make things better." Sanya lifted her arms up and started to stretch making a quiet click followed by a yawn.

she blinked her eyelids a few times "I know this is a strange question but have you ever fell in love?" it was a topic she thought about alot recently, and it slightly bugged her, but she main pushes them out of her mind to remain focused on a task at hand.

[member="Avalore Eden"]

This question grew a frown on Avalore's face. Love. A topic she didn't often like to discuss for how complexly it had effected her life. She looked down to Nine in her lap, listening to the tiniest of snores emitting from the womprat's snout.

"Yes," she answered quietly, a pained smile on her face, "some years ago. Why do you ask?"

Sanya Val Lerium

Sanya moved both hands upon her lap and looked towards the floor. "no reason, it's just." she looked back up to avalore "I never understood as Jedi we can't be allowed to have a relationship. I do know that if things where to end bad that sure the emotions can lead us down a path that is hard to return from, but as Jedi we should be able to move past those petty thoughs and move on. then again it's probably easier said than done, it just dosnt change the fact that one day I might want to raise a family but still leading my role as a Jedi."

Sanya looked down to the floor again and closing her eyes. "I'm sorry master if it is a delicate subject but what did happen? you know with the person you fell in love with."

[member="Avalore Eden"]

"He was murdered," Avalore's expression grew inscrutable, showing no signs of pain, sadness or anger despite this terrible revelation. Clearly she'd had many years to find her inner peace ... or practice hiding the turmoil within.

"Love is a highly disputed subject amongst the Jedi, with very good reasons to lean for or against it. In the end, it's really up to you to decide whether or not to follow it. The Corellian Jedi embrace love - and that is where I come from, Corellia. They believe the bond grows one's inner strength, and that family is just as important to protect as the innocent peoples of the galaxy. The Corellian Order was ostracized from the main Jedi Council for these beliefs, which is just as well. There's no one right way to be a Jedi or a good person, Sanya."

"But as wonderful as love is, it can also be very dangerous if you're not careful. It can lead you to do terrible things, and the pain is unbearable."

Sanya Val Lerium

"I'm sorry to hear that." Sanya started to stretch in her seat making a small grunting noise as one of her joints clicked. "I can remember something that was said to me before the Jedi took me in. Stronger than lover's love is lovers hate. Incurable, in each the wounds they make, but it still dosnt change the fact at been apart of something bigger on a personal level. depriving my self of emotional attachments leaves me feeling empty, cold sometimes even a ghost."

"I can admit if it wasn't for me been like that when I was younger I might not have been able to survive alone. feeling like I had no emotion allowed me to make those cold hearted decisions that no one would take for the better. Again not once do I wish things where to be different but I feel like I need to change myself." Sanya smirked a little "sorry if I'm just babbling on."

she checked the time on her data pad seeing it was almost time for her daily meditation practice. as she sat there for a moment Sanya thought to herself about what had been said. there was alot to think about.

she turned to bow at avalore "please excuse me master?, could you tell me when we arrive?"

[member="Avalore Eden"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom