Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Light Embrace

After the Ossus invasion, Jairdain had returned to the Silvers. They welcomed her back, but with some reservations. Having disappeared not once, but twice now and the second time being captured by the Sith. She had been gone for about a year and returned to the people that had taken her in three years ago.

Having been a captive twice now, she knew what being a prisoner was. While she had been given a room to sleep in, she was not free to wonder through the Temple on Voss.

Probably being held in the medical ward, Jairdain's needs to provided and her food brought to her. Her plates taken away when she was done. She also found herself weaponless, but at least this time she still had the Force. While when she was captive of Krest, it had been denied to her.

Both times of being prisoner, she had been alone. Now that feeling returned. Even though she wasn't under the threat of death, she was captive and alone. Seeking to find peace, Jairdain was lost.

She was no longer a Jedi, but didn't feel she was Sith either. It was in this state of mind when she felt the approach of a person she had met on Ossus. Master Josh DragonsFlame.

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

The Jedi Master notably walked with a bit of a limp, and the large cut on his cheek was obvious, though the bacta was beginning to do it's work. With advances in technology with bacta, it wouldn't even leave a scar anymore. Which was good, he didn't want Shmi to leave him if his face was ruined. Either way, he was fairly sore. His duel with that Master Of Ren had been gruelling and forced Josh to do something he didn't do often, and that was fight completely serious. He had been forced to whip out his bag of tricks and go all out. Josh was a gentle man, anyone in the Silver Jedi that had met him thus far knew this. He told a lot of jokes, he hardly seemed capable of, or willing, to hurt a fly. But when the Jedi were in danger, he went to war. The near-full extent of his powers was absolutely frightening and had destroyed the cave they had been fighting in.

His body, of course, had paid the price. He was sore, and in a fair amount of pain still, but the time submerged in the bacta tank had heavily negated the damage to his body. He'd suffered a serious spinal injury in the battle, as well, which explained the limp. And although the bacta had prevented any negative effects, the fact he was still here, presiding over the aftermath of the battle, was a miracle. He should be home, resting. He knew this. But he had been asked to check in on one of the Sith captives from the battle, after some... Interesting, circumstances that he had not been present for. So he would do it. He was interested in this girl and her story, anyway.

His body would heal, he knew, it was fine. In the old days, an injury like his would have made sure he never fought again. His life as a Jedi would have ended then and there. But by miracles of modern medicine, he'd probably walk fine in a week or two. His face would be unscarred and unblemished, and he'd be back in fighting shape 100% by the month. So to him, if that was his future, he could work. Shmi wouldn't be happy about it, but she knew what she was getting into when she married a Jedi.

Though after all the aftermath review and work was done, he was taking a break. He'd already mentioned to Grandmaster [member="Valae Kitra"] in a holomessage that he'd be returning home to be with his family for a little while once things were back in order and they had a little leeway for him to be absent. This was nothing new, of course, it had been part of the arrangement with Grandmaster Heavenshield to begin with for Josh to be allowed to return to his family for periods of his choice after missions, and that agreement had been held up by Sorel, Arisa and Valae in turn. She could contact him for Assembly business when needed of course and he could attend meetings by holo. But despite him being too stubborn to rest when his body said to, his family was worried about him, and [member="Shmi DragonsFlame"] had already been briefed by Silver officials that her husband had been injured. He wanted to get back to his family as soon as he could, but also knew there was work to be done first.

The Jedi Master walked into the medical bay where [member="Jairdain"] was being held and taken care of. He would approach, and although the woman was blind, it wouldn't b hard to tell that he was walking slowly, and with jagged movements. But he would still smile warmly when he would approach.

"How are you holding up?"

That was hilarious to say, actually, considering he was the one barely holding himself up. But that had always been Josh. He didn't care too much about his own self, more for others. "Others" was the only reason he would be breaking after this at all. The old Josh would have been back on the field by now...

Sequestered in her office, Valae Kitra rubbed her eyes. Following the battle of Ossus, there was much to do. Her datapad was full of reports; she was tempted to ignore the most recent flurry of messages. However, she knew that she could not simply leave them unopened. One of the messages was from Master DragonsFlame, informing her that he would be returning home shortly. Of course, she had no objections. Her gaze lingered on the screen for a moment as she scanned the latest news; things were improving – slowly but surely. The members of the Silver Jedi Order were recovering, there were still some residing in the medical ward. Her thoughts drifted to one patient in particular…

Jairdain. Though Valae’s had not had any interactions with the woman, she was aware of the name, and her connection to the SJO. She had been informed that Jairdain had been captured twice now, and for a time had been in the captivity of the Sith. In fact, she had returned to Ossus to fight against the Silver Jedi. It was clear that the Sith had started to twist her mind with darkness. However, there was still light within. She had returned willingly, and the Silver Jedi would not turn her away.

But Valae recognized that Jairdain would need help to recover.

The damage done by the Sith could not be undone overnight. It would be a long road, but Valae would be there. She was committed to help; she wanted this young woman to reclaim the life she had, if at all possible. Of course, there was no doubt that things would be difficult for Jairdain, but there was always hope. Pulling up Jairdain’s medical files, Valae cradled her chin gently as she scanned the contents. Perhaps she would pay a visit to the medical ward, it would be good to check in on her.

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"], [member="Jairdain"]

While she really had no real memory of Ossus, other than the fact she had reunited with her love and returned to the Silver Jedi. She had briefly met Josh in that time, but it was mostly a blur to the young woman.

As he entered and asked how she was doing, she motioned in the direction of a chair she knew was in the room.

If he could read a person through the Force, he would see what was going on with her. There was nothing physically wrong with her, all damage was done to her mind. Her beliefs had been shattered, her mind corrupted and her memories overridden by what Krest wanted her to see and remember.

There was no anger directed at him though. It was as if that anger and darkness within her had no focus, it was just there. The light she had been before was also still there. Both of equal intensity, neither had a purpose though.

Her shattered mind was torn between the lies told to her by Krest, the other trying to reassert itself and be known as real. She didn't know anymore which was which. Right now, those lies dominated. The only memory she knew to be true was that of her love for Yuroic, nothing Krest did could corrupt that.

"Depends on what part of me you're asking after, I suppose. I think you should sit as you appear to be about to fall down if you don't."

[member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

He was able to read her, somewhat. Just from passing. He didn't attempt to go out of his way to pry as she might see, and she might think he was invading her privacy. Shmi had read his mind plenty, so he knew what it was like to have your mind invaded. Not fun. People's minds needed privacy, unless it was necessary. It was clear to tell just from a glancing, passing clash of the minds that she was in a state of conflict. She was in pain but not physically. That much was as clear as day.

She would offer him the chair and he nodded in thanks as he took it. "You can thank your friend for that" He would crack, smirking lightly, though still in good humor. "The one who looks like he came to that battle thinking it was an Ancient Sith Lord Cosplay Con."

He chuckled lightly, indicating all he said was in jest. "I'll be fine though. I'm heading home before long, letting my body heal up before I get back out there. Jedi's work is never done" He added cheerfully, but decided to get back to the more important matter.

"Well, as for you... You don't seem like you're dying. Unless it's not physically. You're not dying of a broken heart and have lost the will to live, are you?"

Despite his condition, he was all smiles. He was warm, welcoming, and didn't seem to let her being a Sith effect him. Or well, ex-Sith... He'd been briefed on the whole deal with Yuroic. He didn't trust her, no, like he trusted no former Sith, especially recent turns, without good reason. But he had no reason to mistreat her.

[member="Jairdain"] - [member="Valae Kitra"]

"Ha, yes he might have been a friend, but he was almost darker than any sith I ran into."

Jairdain basically saw through emotions. Very little in a physical sense. Having taking lessons from Jessica though had given her an ability to view a person's physical form. It allowed her to see through the Force any physical harm that had happened to them and heal them.

"In time, you will be fine, I'm sure. Where is home?"

A sudden feeling of loss came into Jairdain at the thought of home. Her people were dead and she thought her home destroyed, she had nothing to return to. The code and morals they had were a part of her and always would be. Krest had tried to change them within her, but had failed. They were there still and stronger than before. Was it the right path though?

It was neither light or dark, but a mix of both. Though her people didn't have light or dark, they just had the Force. It hadn't been called that with them.

His words and question brought her out of musing and back to the present. To the reason she was sitting in the medical ward of the Silver temple. What was wrong with her...

"No, sir. I've not a broken heart or lost the will to live. In fact it is that will to live that allows me to sit here. In the past the thought to give up did cross my mind. My days with the sith, times then when I was alone. I wanted to give up. Krest wouldn't allow it though. By his hand he introduced me to the dark side of things, broke me. It wasn't right though, it feels wrong. But then again what is right any more?"

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Valae Kitra"]

After another few minutes spent reading, Valae rose from her seat. Her hand reached for the robes slung over the back of her chair, and she slid her arms into the large sleeves. Fingers combed through her hair, and she figured that she was presentable enough for a quick visit. She exited her office and made her way down the halls, walking briskly on a path for the medical ward.

A fellow healer by the name of Celeste Rigel had been Jairdain’s main caretaker. She was a gentle soul, and a gifted counselor. For the most part, Valae thought it would benefit the young woman to have a dedicated healer, someone that she could truly grow to trust and depend on. However, the Grandmaster herself was willing to lend her own skills to the cause as well. It turned out that Jairdain was not the first force user that she had met recently that had a strong internal struggle between light and dark.

She set a knock on the door, and paused for a moment before entering. As she peeked inside, she noticed that Master DragonsFlame was present. A wide smile found her face; she hadn’t been sure exactly how long he was to remain on Voss before his journey home.

“Good afternoon, Master DragonsFlame.” She greeted the man, “I hope I’m not interrupting.”

She stepped into the room, and moved off to the side.

“Hello, Jairdain,” She said, warmth in her tone, “My name is Valae Kitra, I don’t think we’ve met before. I’m the current Grandmaster,” she added, realizing that Arisa was likely in the position when Jairdain was originally captured. “And I’m a healer here. I wanted to see how you are doing.”

[member="Jairdain"], [member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

"I didn't think someone like that could have friends" He joked in turn. "Did you guys cosplay together? Was he Forrest Gump and you were Jenny?" Was the next wisecrack to come out of his mouth. It was lighthearted of course, he didn't appear to speak any words with any hint of malice. The fact he could make jokes out of the fact this darksider had nearly crippled him was likely... Interesting, to anyone he came into contact with.

To her question though, he shook his head. "Classified" He spoke. "I keep that to myself from the Jedi too, don't worry. It's kind of nice to be able to get on that ship and have nobody come after you for work" He cracked, his lips twitching into a grin. He listened as she talked about the fact she was here due to her will to live, and about what Krest had done.

"I knew that crusty old bastard before he decided to jump on the darkside bandwagon" He would admit, jokingly, shaking his head. "He used to be a decent bloke, but by the reports, I guess the dork side can make a shrew of anyone. Did you know I watched him, in his early days as part of the dark side, try to pick up a girl in the bar and get turned down in hilarious fashion? This was back when he was saying he was a double agent, actually serving the Templars. He fed the Templars and Jedi info back then, but... I guess at some point the power got to him."

He frowned lightly. "I knew someone else who was kind at heart and lost that for the longest time because of the dark side. It really is a pair of chains. And the Sith aren't forgiving to people who break them.

Ironic, isn't it? Their very code says that through victory, their chains are broken... But the minute that victory is attained, they must die."

For a moment, the feeling of loss might have radiated, but he seemed to push it aside best he could to keep that chipper, warm demeanor. He did so just in time for Grandmaster [member="Valae Kitra"] to arrive, and he would look back at the Grandmaster with a warm smile.

"Not at all, Grandmaster. You've brightened up both our days just with your presence" He cracked. He would sit back then, allowing Kitra and [member="Jairdain"] to speak.

As she finished answer, another woman walked into the room. Greeting Josh and introducing herself to Jairdain. Her eyes grew slightly wider and she stood up to give Valae a formal bow. Remaining on her feet until Valae would sit.

"Master Kitra, no we never met before. I'm sorry to be such a burden, but I'm getting better. Thank you."

When she was captured Arisa was Grandmaster and then had left. Jairdain didn't know if the woman was even still alive or not. She wanted to speak with her and find out what happened. Possibly work out her feelings of anger and betrayal she had for Arisa.

"I know a little of healing as well Master Kitra. Jessica taught me what three years ago now..."

It didn't seem that long ago, more than half of her time with the Silver's Jairdain had been captive or recovering. Shaking her head as she remembered both times. J

"Master DragonsFlame, anybody can have friends."

Giving him a bit of a smile at his words and chuckling like he intended. Shaking her head, she accepted his answer about his home. She didn't really need to know the location of his, it was more of a curiosity question than anything else.

What he shared about Krest though, Jairdain found quite interesting. She knew nothing of the man or very little about him. In listening to what Josh said it made her wonder she wasn't dead now. She had followed that code for a time and came back from the dark. While she was still feeling a bit lost, her mind was far more clear than it had been on Ossus.

"Why must they die at that point?"

He appeared to feel some loss, but at what she couldn't know. Looking at him with curiosity she did want for an answer to her question.

Valae offered [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] a good-natured smile in response to his comment, and as he sat back, she turned her attention to [member="Jairdain"]. She was pleased to hear that the young woman was beginning to feel better. It was a step in the right direction, that’s for sure.

“Never you mind, you’re not a burden.” She nodded, “But I’m very glad to hear that you’re on the mend.”

Her brows rose with interest upon hearing that the young woman had experience healing as well.

“Oh, well isn’t that something?” She canted her head slightly, “We always need experienced healers around here. Master DragonsFlame, do you practice healing? I’ll put you to work, too.” She cracked, only half joking.

With the recent battles with the Galactic Empire and First Order, their medical ward had seen its fair share of patients. In fact, the other members of the Silver Circle had been putting long hours. Truly, it was good to hear that Jairdain could practice healing; it was an act that would help speed along her recovery. It was a skill that required a tranquil mind, and it was also a skill that could do good for many.

“In fact, when you’re back on your feet…” she started, looking to Jairdain. “It might be a good idea for you to do some work here in the healing ward. It would be quite therapeutic, I think – helping others to heal.”

Reaching into her pocket, she produced a small amulet. She held it out to Jairdain, the healing crystals sparkled in her open palm. It was a product of her own design, and she found it a useful tool.

“Take this. Those are healing crystals, it’ll make things easier. You need only to channel a bit of energy into the crystals, and they do the work. You might find that it’ll be useful for your own meditations, in order to recover.” She glanced over at Josh, “If you would like one too, just let me know.”

With her state, Josh wasn't surprised when the young woman's speech and responses got a little mixed up. Still, he kept his warm smile and took each response one at a time and tried his best to respond to each one as they came.

"Master DragonsFlame, anybody can have friends."

"Guess that would explain Kaine Zambrano" The Jedi Master would joke in turn, his cheeky grin indicating he spoke in jest. "If you can count any of them as actual friends, I mean. I could tell you a few stories. I've heard about Mr. "Vorkskr" a few times, from close friends and people who... Post-humously reported on their behalf. My favorite stories include the time when my best friend's wife decided to sell him out to Kaine under false promises of power and likely lower quality sex... And the time he kidnapped my other best friend's kid right after he was born, and later had killed both her and her husband. Didn't even do it himself, I think. So that's two best friends done in, and the third... Well, she survived it but he had her memory wiped and brainwashed to serve the Sith low-key for the last few years, as if killing her first husband wasn't enough."

The upbeat way he told these stories as though they were jokes could be considered concerning, but he'd had a very long time to come to terms with these things and be able to poke fun at his own misfortune.

"Why must they die at that point?"

"Because" He spoke, giving a bittersweet smile. This wasn't an easy thing to joke about, and it was clear he wasn't going to try to. This, compared to the jokes about Kyrel and Kaine Zambrano, was a serious matter to speak of. "They can't stand the idea that the chains they talk about in their code are actually self imposed when they join the dark side. They deny it, they refuse to believe it. And when someone breaks it, even if they don't off and join the Jedi... Well, they can't stand the idea that someone would."

His lips twitched into a frown then. He didn't know why he was about to tell her this last story, it served as nothing but pain - yet for some reason he trusted her. He grew quiet, his voice hushed as he spoke, his face still as warm and gentle as the summer breeze but his eyes told of pain, if she could see.

"My brother broke his chains, then was gone in an instant. Both right in front of me. Used his last moments to make sure I wasn't caught in the blast."

He gulped lightly, the first audible negative sign he'd shown since they'd met.

"He was the bravest man I knew. He knew what they would do if he broke those chains, and faced his fate without any fear."

He stopped then, taking a breath as he would then smile, giving her that warm expression again. "Forgive me, here I am trying to cheer you up with stories and making light, and now I'm suddenly getting sentimental. Forgive me, sincerely, it was not my intention" He spoke softly with a bow.

With the Grandmaster's appearance, he let her speak for some time. He agreed, healing could do this girl could good... He would nod his head when Valae would ask if he practiced healing. "I do" He said. "Master Rianna Organa helped me learn a great deal in that matter... When she wasn't talking about mud or jello wrestling."

When asked about a crystal, he nodded his head. "I'd appreciate it, sure" He responded warmly.

[member="Jairdain"] - [member="Valae Kitra"]

Giving both of them time to speak, Jairdain listened to them, turning her head in the direction of each as they spoke. Valae said she wasn't a burden and suggested she actually assist with others in their healing.

Accepting the amulet Valae held out, she felt it resting in her hand and the healing warmth of the crystals inside.

"I will do what I can when my thoughts are such a mess, Master Kitra."

She spoke with a smile and her tone indicated she would really would attempt to help the others around her. In a way, it was a method she could use to pay them back for the care she had been getting.

Turning then to look at Josh, Jairdain shook her head at his slightly humorous story of friends. What he said next gave her great pause before she would speak again. She had followed that code for a short time and now she sat recovering from her mind shattering, the Jedi she had been was who fought that darkness.

"They talk about through victory their chains being broken. Victory over what though?"

She had no family left and never had any siblings, so when Josh spoke of the loss of his brother, she had no real clue what it felt like. Having lost her parents and her people though, she did know loss. A look of true sympathy crossed her face, but she didn't feel he wanted that when he spoke of his brother.

"Master DragonsFlame, anything you ever wish to speak about, you always have an ear in me to bend."

Raising a hand, Jairdain lightly bent the cartilage of an ear and gave him a large smile. That grin faded and took on a thoroughly confused look as Josh answered Valae's question. The master he mentioned that spoke of mud and wrestling made her blink in surprise.

"I think I'm glad I never met this person..."

Valae smiled as [member="Jairdain"] accepted the amulet, she hoped that the healing crystals would bring her comfort. Having such an item would likely be helpful to the young woman as she worked through her own recovery. And she made a mental note to provide an amulet to [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] as well.

“Good,” She said to Jairdain, “Yes, for the moment, just focus on getting better yourself.”

She listened with interest as Master DragonsFlame revealed that he had been trained in healing. This was quite a boon, and she would make use of his talents in the future, there was no doubt. However, her brows rose when he mentioned that his teacher had talked about wresting… in mud or jello. Nonetheless, she chuckled softly and shook her head.

“If either or you have any healing specific skills you’d like to learn in the future, just holler.”

She did believe that it was important to spread the knowledge of the healing arts. And while she was considered to be a skilled healer, even she was working to further her studies. There were still some abilities that she did not have much experience using – such as the hibernation trance. Well, on the other hand, it was quite fortunate that she had not needed to use something quite so intensive.

“Maybe we can visit the Shrine of Healing in Voss-Ka soon.” She smiled, “That might be nice.”

"There is no victory at all" He would respond toward [member="Jairdain"] in turn. "They think the dark side is victory, and thus makes them stronger... They think that it unlocks their latent potential and makes them cool and badass and edgy and able to go all out, do what they want, you know, all that and a bag of space chips. They think that by becoming powerful with the dark side, they are breaking their chains.

They're blind to the fact they're just being clamped in new ones."

Josh couldn't help but give a clear, hearty laugh when the two would express their... Reactions about his revelation that the Healing Master Organ seemed to have been a fan of rather... Interesting activities back in the day. Jairdain indicated bluntly she was glad she had never met her, while Valae indicated her responses more silently and with laughter. Laughter had been the reason he had brought up the story regardless, so the desired reaction had been elicited.

"Oh, I'm sure she's toned down since... That was years ago, after all, in my bachelors life. Marriage makes you a bit boring... Take it from me" He would joke, shooting a cheeky grin in turn. He looked toward Valae and smiled a bit from there. "I just realized, I don't think you've ever actually met my wife or my son, have you?" He inquired. "I'm talking about the former Master Labooda, mind. So it's possible you might have met her when she was still a Jedi."

His face seemed to light up the moment that he mentioned [member="Shmi DragonsFlame"] and their son, brightly indicating the happiness that seemed to come with their mere presence. They were clearly quite important to him, with the way he spoke of them and the way that he lit up when he did. Sure, he was a bit more "boring" than he once was, but he wouldn't trade the life he lived now for anything.

And Shmi was quite good at giving him the same thrills he had from his bachelors life... And a bit more.

But he would note Valae's offer with a warm smile and a nod of his head. "I was wishing to expand my capabilities with healing, though admittedly I'm not sure where to start" He would admit. "Masters still have much to learn, it appears."

He smiled again to her idea of going to the Shrine Of Healing, and nodded his head. "I'd be game."

He turned then to Jair when she would remark that he had an ear to bend if he needed it."

"Thank you" He spoke softly. He wasn't sure why he had chosen to tell her of his brother, he didn't tell people often. It was a topic that [member="Valae Kitra"] would have had no idea about, as he had never divulged it to her nor to the former Grandmaster [member="Arisa Yune"]. He had kept his cards to his chest in this matter until now, and the "Why" for now puzzled him, seeing as he had only told [member="Lady Kay"] and his wife, thus far, until now.

Perhaps it was just a ghost that haunted him and needed to come out.

"I will, Master Kitra."

Jairdain gave a half smile and knew it would take time. Her first time as a captive, the people had tried to break her and had failed. ​Instead they had just physically abused and starved her. In a round about way, they had tried to break her mind, but she had remained strong. It was totally different with Krest.

Her hands played slightly with the charm Valae had just given her as she thought about both times. At the mention of learning additional healing skill, Jairdain gave the master a little bit of a confused look.

"There is more than general Force healing and detoxify poison? What else is there?"

She had seen herself as more of a support fighter, bringing Battle Meditation and other mental skills into play. Along those lines, maybe in that support role, she could also heal.

"Yes, the Voss are said to be able heal anything that deals with the mind and body. It might be a good idea. Do you think they would be willing to share their knowledge?"

Tipping head to the side in though, Jairdain wondered if the view of the Voss Mystics on the Force mattered. She shook her head and would look into maybe taking the Mystic's Trial when her own mind was fixed and back together.

Listening to Josh, Jairdain nodded. All through her life it had been frowned on to be dark, but it was different with her people. There had been no light or dark within the Force, but the people. When they went chaotic, they were executed. It was only after she had been banished did she learn about the Sith and Jedi and wound up on Voss.

Her past made her who she was and she wouldn't change any of it if she could. Even her time with the Sith had been enlightening, but that wasn't where she was meant to be. Was her place with the Jedi though? That was the core of her confusion. Jairdain didn't know where she belonged now.

"Master DragonFlame, in helping you, it helps me, yes?"

Valae tilted her head to the side in thought as Master DragonsFlame mentioned his wife. She tapped her chin with an index finger. “I don’t think I’ve met her, not properly at least. But you know… the name does have a familiar ring to it.” Throughout both of their years, they probably had crossed paths once or twice. “Maybe I will have to pay a visit in the near future.”

She could clearly see the lightness in his gaze now. It was obvious that family was very important.

As Jairdain inquired about force healing abilities, Valae offered the young woman a kind smile.

“Well, force healing is the base of many abilities – detoxifying poisons and curing disease, mending damaged cells and minds. There is also the ability to suppress pain, accelerate healing, and even hibernation trances.” As the topic of the Mystic Shrine was still fresh, she added “The Voss even have a healing ritual. I have been witness to it once, and was able to learn the ability from them."

Folding her hands before her, she looked back and forth between her companions.

“This might be a good opportunity for all of us to help each other.” Valae grinned. “Since both of you already know force healing, perhaps we can expand on that. Using the same basic skill, you can work even deeper to accelerate the healing of your own body, even increase the benefits from medpacs. It is also possible to use this skill to heal others, of course… it works best when close to the other person, both physically and emotionally.”

She paused, her eyes shifted towards Josh.

“This skills works especially well for family members or those closest to you.”

[member="Jairdain"], [member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

When [member="Jairdain"] would ask her question of him, he looked toward her and paused for a moment, as though considering his answer. Finally, he took a deep breath and smiled warmly. "You know, some people might take that question and lie to your face. I'm not one of those people. To answer your questions... The truth of the matter is, I cannot answer it" He would admit. "Because I don't know. You are you, no? It might help you, it might not. Whether you choose to pursue this direction is up to you.

But what I will do... Is trust the judgement of Valae. Grandmaster Kitra feels that healing will be a great way for you to help in healing yourself. If she feels that way... I trust her. I trust her judgement. It is up to you if you wish to trust her judgement as well. I can't guarantee you a thing, but I do hope it does help you... I really do."

With that, he looked toward [member="Valae Kitra"] as she would continue on about healing. She would talk about a ritual of sorts, involving skills that may be invaluable to the both of them. When she mentioned that it worked best on people most close to them, his face lit up a bit. It seemed the idea of being able to better help [member="Shmi DragonsFlame"] or his son in their time of need, was an attractive one.

"I'll trust your judgement, Valae" He would speak softly. "I'm game to do this if you two are."

Something Valae caught the attention of Jairdain and it had to deal with the hibernation trance. Almost interrupting the master, she did wait until she was done speaking.

"Master Kitra I know of a skill that doesn't deal with the Force at all for going to into what could potentially be this hibernation trance. It deals with the controlling of the heart rate and I can teach it to people that can't use the Force."

To her it was a simple skill and could save the lives of people in dire situations. Listening about the Voss and their healing ritual, it made her wonder if they could heal her mind. They didn't believe in light or dark and were ruled by their Mystics. The visionaries and their interpreters.​ Voss had a trial to become a Mystic and allowed what they called Outsiders to try now and then. Perhaps when she was healed and back to herself, she could attempt them.

When Josh answered her question, her face grew thoughtful and she nodded. Time would tell, she had been broken before and was again. Things were more clear to her now than they even had been five minutes ago. The two masters working with her to draw her attention to other matters, allowed her mind to think and start repairing itself.

"Yes, I think I will and want to learn more of healing. If there is anything you want to pass on, I would be grateful."

Thinking of Yuroic, Jairdain knew any additional skills would come in helpful in their future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom