Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Life to Remember (Yuroic, Jairdain, Asaraa)

Sitting on his bed, Yuroic looked into the mirror. He had gone through so much in his life, he was not the same man he was at the beginning of his journey, not even the same one from near a year ago. He had let his beard grow slightly and studied the eyes that peered back at him. There was wisdom in there but something else, something deeper. It had taken awhile to realise but he did now. Things were clearing in his mind, he was realising. For better or for worst at least.

There was two people he needed to contact, both important to him. Both of them needed to know what had happened to him in the recent weeks. Yuroic took a deep breath, he lifted from his bed and wandered to his desk slowly. Part of him wanted to go back a few weeks but that was not possible, in a way this day was inevitable. He sent a message to the two people he trusted most of all before grabbing a dark leather jacket and taking a stroll outside to the meeting point he had set up.

It was the garden he had been when he returned from his second trip away, when this all began. This was a place fitting for where that part of his journey should end.

His message read: "I remember. Come to the gardens, I shall be where I was several months ago." It short but told them everything they needed to know.

[member="Jairdain"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

The past few weeks had Jairdain resettling again. It was still on Commenor, but in a new home and location there. She had become the regent for her son and until he came of age, she was maintaining a place called Juniper City. When Yuroic's message and request came in, she had to come.

Filled with trepidation, she returned to the Rest and the location they had met at last time. Unknown to her was just how much he actually remembered. Their full and entire past or the what she had placed in his mind. Just the short, simple message would indicate he remembered everything and she was afraid he would hate her for doing what she did. Even if it had been at his request.

Also not known to her was that the same message had been sent to Asaraa and that she was also on her way.

Arriving at the Rest, Jairdain knew the way to the gardens and where to find a man she still loved.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

The message was as short as it was cryptic. "I remember." It could mean anything, he remembered what he'd had for breakfast, where he'd left his keys, any number of possibilities. However, really could only mean one thing in relation to the man, the memories that he'd sealed away, that they'd been asked not to disturb, that could be the only thing he meant.

It had been hard, hanging around the man without giving anything away, the number of times she'd almost slipped and given the game away. It had taken her all the control she had to hold herself back, but now, the thrill of excitement was almost too much. If it was a false flag, if he had another memory in mind, well then she wasn't sure how she'd handle the disappointment. And it didn't look like she was the only one, she could already sense Yuroic in the garden, and one more person, the familiar sense of Jairdain approaching the gardens as well. "Quite the gathering."

[member="Jairdain"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic heard both women approach and inhaled deeply. It was hard for him to think of the best way to approach them both. Asaraa had been his Padawan for a stretch, the memories explained a lot of underlying feelings he had for the young Knight. The revelation about his former relationship with Jairdain as well. Things were making more sense as puzzled events from recent days to his forgotten past. Yuroic studied the flowers a moment longer before he turned around and looked over to the two women. There was a smile etched on his face, to reassure them that this was not a bad thing. It was difficult for him to know what to feel, everything was so complexed.

"I am so sorry that you had to deal with the past months of all this. It must have been so hard to hide your true feelings towards me. I also must apologise that I put you in this situation, I care for you both and I. I doubt I could have kept silent as long as you both did." He breathed deeply as looked down at the ground. "I just want you to know that I am grateful. I am so sorry I gave up on being your Master, Asaraa, I am so proud that you became a Jedi Knight. It was well deserved." He said, there was a deep level of proud expressed in his voice as he turned to Jairdain.

"You have nothing to fear, I do not resent you for what you did. I demanded it and I was being unfair, using you." He shook his head. "That will never happen again. I am cured of my addiction, seeing what I became, I don't ever want that to happen again." Yuroic bit his cheek before looked up again. "So what shall we do now?"

Well, there was no doubt that the man remembered his past now, his words of apology put paid to any doubts that Asaraa might have had that this was just a matter of a missing set of keys. It was weird, this was supposed to be a happy moment, one which they had all been looking forward to in various degrees, but now that it had arrived you could almost cut the tension in the air. So much had happened in the past few months, so much that hung in the air between them, so much that had changed. The pink-haired Jedi exchanged a glance with Jairdain, but only a shot one, they each had to handle this situation in their own ways.

In the end, though, there wasn't really a question in Asaraa's head how to handle this. The young knight had crossed the garden before she realised it, her petite frame colliding with Yuroic as her arms wrapped around his chest. She didn't even try to stop the tears of relief flowing down her cheeks as she buried her face in the man's chest, the least he could deal with was a wet shirt after everything else. "If you ever ever do anything like this again, I'll kill you myself, just see if I don't. You're an idiot, a huge giant stupid idiot." Asaraa's knew her voice muffled by both the cloth her face was pressed against and emotion as she berated Yuroic, staring up at him as a smile wreathed her face, giving a lie to her threat before she squeezed him again.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] | [member="Jairdain"]​

Stopping in her approach when she felt Asaraa was also on the way, Jairdain did not pause long. They would meet up when they got there. It gave her a few additional moments to gather herself before facing what she expected to be something momentous. For good or bad, this was going to be a big encounter.

Hanging back slightly, she listened to what Yuroic had to say and nodded. It was as she expected and his memory had returned. If she had been in a better state of mind when he asked her to do it...this conversation wouldn't be happening. A sense of failure came off of her, even if he said he did not resent her for doing it.

"I failed, Yuroic. My skill wasn't good enough to keep you from remembering. At least, my cure and detoxify worked properly and you recovered from that."

Having been down a path that was quite similar, Jairdain had been able to pull herself out of it before she had hurt anybody. Maybe it had been the memories of his within her mind that had stopped her.

Pulling her head back slightly at how Asaraa reacted, she wasn't sure how she would feel if she was called an idiot. When he asked what they should do now, she shook her head, shrugged her shoulders and couldn't think of really anything to do.

"You're the one that asked us to come. You decide."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic felt the hard thud of little Asaraa tackling into him with a big hug. He smiled and stroked the young woman's pink hair, she warned what would happen if he ever did this again. It made him chuckle deeply, "Tell me how you really feel, huh." He gave her a wink as he smiled warmly. "I'm pretty sure last time we duelled, you ended up with an arrow in the leg." Yuroic was mentioning the time he tested Asaraa's capabilities to become a Knight, he had been tough but she coped well under the pressure. He noticed what Jairdain had said and he shook his head. She never failed him, he never wanted it to be permanent, at least, that was what he was telling himself now. He'd never want to forget the close relationships he has now.

"Don't be harsh on yourself. I came to you, I made you do it. I put my needs well before yours and that was something I should never have done. You are family, everyone at the Order is my family and I won't forget that." Yuroic said firmly. He refused to let Jairdain put herself down, she did what he wanted and didn't question him like so many others would have. Or told him that they would not do it. This vacation gave him the ideal chance to cope with everything that went on, to allow his brain to remember happiness and joking around. He wasn't bogged down in depression and anger any more, he was free from the months of self-hatred that he went through. It was there still, as memories, but not there dictating his actions.

Thinking on what to do, Yuroic's stomach grumbled. "How about food? I think my stomach is interested in food for now."

Glad to know Yuroic had at least partially returned back to his normal self, she felt a full recovery would take more time. No matter what words or message he said, Jairdain still felt like she had failed and that would probably always be with her. When he said everyone in the Order was family, she shook her head. There were only a few people within the Order she felt close enough to be family.

Not taking any step closer to him because of how their last meeting went, she very much wanted to just hug him similar in manner to Asaraa. He did not appear, right now to want to embrace her, so she let the idea go. Time had changed and him more than her. She needed to move on and knew this even if she didn't want to accept it. Besides...just as her life started going to hell...she had ended their relationship. Though now Jairdain regretted that entirely and desperately wanted him back.

Smiling slightly when his stomach growled, she shook her head.

"Always thinking with your stomach. Any good places to eat here?"

Asaraa finally let go of [member="Yuroic Xeraic"], taking a step back from the man one of her arms still wrapped around his waist as she glanced back at [member="Jairdain"], a smile pulling at the corner of her lips. "I think we can find on or two places to eat," she allowed guiding them towards the doorway. "I guess a big part depends...do you think you can handle wookie food? I'm just gonna warn you both, it's a lot of meat." There was a cafeteria in Silver's Rest that served the Silver Jedi at any time of the day but...if Asaraa was honest she didn't want to share Yuroic with the rest of the Silver Jedi, not yet. She knew everyone would find out eventually and would crowd around the man, but for just an hour she wanted him to themselves. The girl glanced back at Jairdain and grinned, "It's quiet and good if you two think you're upto it." So fine, it was selfish, but just for an hour, she wanted it to feel like it was old times, like when she'd just arrived with the Silver Jedi. The universe owed her that much at least.

There were a lot of mixed emotions coming from Jairdain and Asaraa. His freed memories opened up his natural skills at sensing the emotions of others, even when he wasn't trying to. Ruffling Asaraa's pink hair, he gave her a big smile. "Sounds like a good start to the day. Don't worry, we will spend the whole day together, I'll inform the others tomorrow." He wanted to catch up with his former Padawan and make up for all the lost time that they had as well. Asaraa was the closest he would get to having a child, watching her mature was andelight though it did make him feel like he was getting too old for this life. Next thing he did was turn to Jairdain.

He walked over to her and hugged her tight. It was easy to sense the heartbreak and love that she still felt for him. Connecting their minds, he attempted to reassure her with a message. "I still love you too Jairdain, though many things have changed, I won't forget our time together and always appreciate it. However, I need time to adjust, to be myself and find myself." He had been an addict for too long and then changing his life to cure it, Yuroic wasn't sure what he wanted to be right now. However, he knew what he needed to be for those he cared about. He released the hug from Jairdain and looked at her. To Asaraa, it just looked like a hug but he was sure that Jairdain heard his mental message to her.

Standing slightly away from Jairdain, he looked over to Asaraa. "Well little one, show us the way."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Jairdain"]

It wasn't the same type of embrace they would have once had, but Jairdain accepted it gladly. His mental message was clear as if it had been spoken and it brought some tears to her eyes.

I will always be here to help...if you want it.

Wanting to keep everything hidden and secret was an impossible task for her and everything was clear on her face. Yuroic broke the embrace and pulled away. Setting a distance between them that she didn't want. It was what he wanted though and she would have to respect that.

She looked in the direction of Asaraa when he told her to lead the way, Jairadin would fall into step with them.

Well, from the look on [member="Jairdain"] there seemed to be more that was left unsaid between the two than she knew, which made sense. [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] and Jairdain had known one another for many many years before she'd arrived at the Silver rest, but right now at least it felt like it had when she had first arrived at the temple. Over time there had been walls built up, tension and distance, and that was still there, nothing would make things revert back to the way they had been in the past, but for now the walls were less, fading away. That was enough for now, the rest the healing would come in time. Or at least she hoped it would, all she could do was put one foot in front of the other, to hope that Yuroic and Jairdain would step forward on their own paths and that it would lead to somewhere where her almost family could find a new balance.

A smile touching her lips the girl span towards the door, completing 3 full pirouettes on the way, her long pink hair flaring out behind her like a cloak, almost wrapping around her as she took a step towards the door, the portal swinging open as she pushed it with the force. "You guys are gonna love this place."

Yuroic could tell that Jairdain both happy for the mental talk and disappointed. However much he wanted to be with her, he had to accept that he was fundamentally changed by this ordeal. He was the Yuroic before his departure but not the spice addict mess he became when he returned. He was something else and needed to discover what that else was. He was glad to have his freedom to do so even though he was sorry to disappoint Jairdain. For now, he focused on the child-like glee from Asaraa as she danced for them, guiding them to their stop for food.

Yuroic entered the room and inhaled the rich aromas of the place. It was good to smell freshly cooked food and baked goods. He could feel his mouth fill with salvia as he grew more hungry, the smells amplifying his need. Yuroic talked to one of the wookiees cooking in Shyriiwook. His conversation was a lengthy but healthy debate on the various techniques of cooking several lf the meats that they were providing. Yuroic always believed in healthh doses of spices and vegetables as flavouring. He looked over to Asaraa and Jairdain, "they say help yourselves, though I warn, it'll be blander than I would make it." The wookiee huffed in teased annoyance. Showing that their talk was friendly.

The small acrobatics Asaraa did weren't noticed by Jairdain, but the infectious excitement drifted over to her. Giving her friend a smile, she fell into step behind her. Her focus in the Force went inward as they walked through the Rest's garden, right now she really was blind. While she still had her great feelings for Yuroic and she didn't think they would go away, he no longer had them. She had to accept that, puts hers in the past and move on.

In time maybe they could rebuild, but she did not think that would be the case either.

A change in the path caused her to stumble slightly and it brought her focus back to what was around her. Letting out an almost silent sigh, she caught up with the two of them. The smell of the food coming from where Asaraa was leading them was interesting and certainly caught Jairdain's attention.

Listening to the talk between Yuroic and the Wookiee, she smiled just a little. Turning to Asa, the whole situation between them wasn't her fault at all and she had been pretty much ignoring her friend.

"What do you suggest getting here?"

The girl glanced down at the menu that had been deposited in their hands, a small mischevious smile tugging up the corner of her lips before she set down the card her head turning ever so slightly to the side to glance at Jairdain where she'd been seated. "Oh you know, I can't not recommend the meat, it's pretty awesome." The fact the entire menu basically contained meat dishes was neither here nor there, this was a wookie restaurant after all...no no wait, that was a lie, they did serve a salad. The girl glanced down at the menu and shook her head, no, even that came with a sprinkling of meat on top, no getting away from it there..."Neither of you has a problem with eating meat right?" That was probably something she should have asked before bringing them here in the first place, she'd just been so excited that the normal social niceties had slipped out of her mind. Probably not the greatest thing but...well she thought it was excusable. "So you know, aside from mysterious fox tails and getting memories back...what else is new with you guys?"

Yuroic chuckled as he looked at the menu and saw that it was just meat. He was fine with eating meats, he tended to need meat for his muscular frame, he was interested in trying some of the native food. The wookiees had tried their hand at cooking food that was not native to them but Yuroic always enjoyed cultural food. It allowed him to explore and understand people better if he tried food that they would eat regularly. His childhood was a mix of street food and a rarity was a meal from refugee families that took him in. Nothing amazing and quite bland in flavour but wholesome.

"No problem with meat, I enjoy spoiling myself on big meals and wookiees love to cook big meals." Yuroic chuckled as he ordered them a bottle of the Alderaan vintage wine. He poured all three a glass of the wine and smiled. It was nice to enjoy their time now that he was remembering all of his past. "Mysterious fox tails?" Yuroic was a bit confused by that but he shook his head smirked. "Nothing new with me really, just been pushing myself to see if I could reach Master rank. Realise now that I couldn't do that without all my memories so hopefully nothing holding me back." Yuroic needed to make sure he talked to the Grand Master about his memories and where he wanted to go from there.

Shaking her head when Asaraa asked about either of them having any issues with eating meat, she would order whatever her friend suggested.

"I always want to try new things. Who knows maybe I'll find something to try and cook on my own. That reminds me, Yuroic...you don't know this about me, but Asaraa does. Close your eyes please."

While Jairdain was unable to see if Yuroic actually did or not, she tapped on his shoulder after a moment or two. It was actually only about as long as it took to snap her fingers, but that was as long as it took her to take the illusion off of herself.

He would now see that her eyes glowed a dull yellow, not the ugly Sith yellow, but a glow like a pair of light bulbs. Her ears had grown slightly pointed and a fluffy tail was wrapped around her stomach.

"Part of my time away was learning what I am and well, I'm sort of royalty. An older brother of mine is king and I am no longer the last of my people. But I keep this hidden most of the time with an illusion. Much easier to be accepted as normal when one's eyes don't glow or a tail getting in the way."

Letting out a sigh, she stopped speaking to give Yuroic the chance to react or even say anything. The illusion returned and she was once again the Jairdain he had always known by sight.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Asaraa took two steps further before spinning on one foot to stare back at the two older Jedi, a bright grin pasted across her face as she tilted her head to the side, blue eyes dancing as she nodded at Jairdain. "Wait, so you're royalty now? Really, so what, does that mean we're supposed to bow to you now? Or you know, curtsey, cause I've been practising that." It was part of the travails of being a Jedi Knight, I had to spend forever learning how to do this," she allowed dipping into a curtsy, the gesture marred by the girl sticking her tongue out at Jairdain before she turned to grin at Yuroic. "It's totally fluffy too, almost enough to make me want a tail." Almost, but besides, the girl suddenly shot a bright grin at the woman, "Wait, this restaurant is right up your path isn't it, awesome. We should aim to beat the all-time record."

Yuroic smiled as he obeyed Jairdain's instructions. Closing his eyes, Yuroic waited patiently for Jairdain to prepare herself. The tap on his shoulder, Yuroic opened his eyes and noticed that Jairdain had a slightly different appearance. It was interesting that they had never spotted the tail and eye colour change before this day. He smiled warmly as he nodded his head. "It is an interesting development. Good that you were able to find remnants of your people, hopefully you feel less alone now." Yuroic said as he knew she had often felt lonely with no family or a homeworld to return to.

Chuckling as he listened and watched Asaraa curtsy for Jairdain, he shook his head. "Practising for when you meet Caedyn's family huh, Asaraa?" Yuroic asked as he teased her, turning to Jairdain, "Well, second time you are almost royalty it seems. Have you heard from Bradshaw?" Asked in a concerned tone, he knew that Jairdain had feelings for him but she had also moved on and nearly married another man. Yuroic leaned back in his chair as he sipped the wine and smiled to the two women.

The reaction from Asaraa was a surprise and Jairdain didn't want to need any of the bowing or curtseying from her friend. Giving a huff, she reached out to playfully ruffle the pink hair of Asa and pretend to beat her around her ears. It was done in fun.

"I am not royalty! Well, sort of, maybe, I have no idea anymore. But you need to do that, Asa. At least not here. Let me be the friend you have known for so long and not some government rep from another government."

She was glad Yuroic accepted her change and his small comment on her finding her people. It was still quite new to her and even she hadn't quite fully come to terms with everything. That was a work in progress.

Shaking her head in reply to his question.

"No, there hasn't been any information found about him. So he is still missing."

She had started off as his advisor and then taken him away for training. It was during that time she had thought she had found love with him. That had proved false and now she was a single mother to their child. Such paths her life had taken, but she kept returning here. These two friends had been a part of her life for so long, she couldn't stand the thought of ever being away from either of them for long.

In all these thoughts, there was one clear and solid one Jairdain had. She still loved Yuroic and always would. Even if he no longer had the same feelings or wanted to work through them. Jairdain would help and support him. All of her wanted him to return what she felt, but she needed patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom