Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unknown.png

T H E_C A L M_B E F O R E_T H E_S T O R M
Chapter 4 : A Life Day to Remember

FINAL DAWN
MAKATAK , RAKATAN ARCHIPELAGO

Life Day. The Day of Giving. On this Very day throughout the Galaxy , people would be celebrating in their homes , enjoying Life Day Celebrations and spending time with their loved ones. Already the frontlines of the Second Great Hyperspace War went silent as the Alliance began to hold numerous Life Day Celebrations most notably the one at Coruscant within the rebuilt 500 Republica Building. However there some individuals who did not celebrate Life Day instead opting to take advantage of the distraction provided by this Holiday , and Grand Overseer Marlon Sularen was such an individual. Instead of Celebrating Life Day , the Grand Overseer had opted to give the Alliance a little Life Day Present of his own in the form of a devastating attack on te Makatakan Shipyards which his Agents had already failed to destroy in the past due to the intervention of Alliance SIA Agents thus keeping the Shipyards intact. Now as the Alliance was distracted with their little Life Day , the Grand Overseer would strike with the objective of succeeding where his own operatives failed in at least crippling the Makataka Shipyards in order to further contest the Alliance in the Rakatan Archipelago.

Thus from the Final Dawn Occupied World of lol , the Grand Overseer set out with his Task Force Vader headed straight for Makatak with only one objective in mind , crippling the Makatakan Shipyards and the complete annihilation of the Makatak Tribe. Soon enough his Task Force comprised of the
Predator , 4 Refitted Pellaeon-IVs , a Phaetra-Class Fleet Carrier and an Endurance-II Class Pocket Carrier emerged from hyperspace arriving at Makatak and immediately jamming any Long-Range Communications to prevent and local forces from sending a distress call to the rest of the Alliance. This was Sularen's way of Celebrating Life Day. By taking things from others rather then giving , just like how the Alliance had taken away everything from him twice. It would his gift to the Galactic Alliance , one that would make this Life Day one that they woud never forget.

Tulpaa
Rakatan Archipelago

Cheers went up on the Revenge as I finished a speech at the start of the second dinner shift. I’d already said the same words two hours before, to the other half of the crew as they ate their life day feast. It was hardly comparable to what civilians would be eating in their homes, or the lucky servicemembers on space stations in the core, but it was far better than standard rations, both in proportions and quality. Of course, no mind altering substances were permitted aboard, so no alcohol was served.

I retired to my quarters soon after, to enjoy my own meal in solitude. Having worked through the earlier shift, this was my chance to relax on the holiday. For the past week, the 11th Flotilla had been stationed above the planet of Tulpaa, with other forces nearby garrisoning the strategic position.

Personally, I didn’t celebrate Life Day. Of course, it’d be foolish to not take advantage of the morale boost a holiday celebration would give those serving under my command. Taking another bite, I searched for a holo-drama to watch. Even I needed to rest my mind sometimes, and on campaign that’d be especially crucial.

Makatak

Three Emancipator-class Star Defenders orbited the Rakatan world. They were tasked with protecting the strategic world from any potential attacks by enemy elements. However, The crews of the line were more than engrossed in their Life Day celebration.

Aboard the bridge of the lead ship, Liberator, Commodore Trisennii eagerly paced his office, waiting for a call from his wife and family back on Duros. However, what came was far from what he expected. A young ensign stumbled in, frantically warning the Commodore of impending danger.

A call from the bridge interrupted my holo-drama. Letting out a frustrated sigh, I reached for the button to answer.

“This is Oliva.”

“Sir, we’ve received a call from Commodore Trisennii. He’s detected several large ships approaching in hyperspace, and is requesting immediate reinforcement.”

Makatak wasn’t far, barely even an hour’s travel in hyperspace.

“Signal the Flotilla. We’re setting out to support him. I will assume command when I reach the bridge.”

The three Emancipators turned to face the rapidly-approaching arrivals. Joined by half a dozen frigates form the local defense fleet, they were woefully out-gunned. A signal had arrived from Rear Admiral Oliva in the 11th Flotilla that they’d be receiving reinforcements in an hour, just before the Final Dawn fleet arrived. Crews scrambled to battle stations, shaken suddenly out of their celebrations and caught unprepared. Fightercraft began their pre-flight checks, and a final plea for assistance was choked by enemy jamming.

It’d be a tough fight just to hold the enemy for an hour.

unknown.png

T H E_C A L M_B E F O R E_T H E_S T O R M
Chapter 4 : A Life Day to Remember

FINAL DAWN
MAKATAK , RAKATAN ARCHIPELAGO

As his Fleet advanced towards Makatak , Marlon Sularen comfortably seated in his Command Chair on the Bridge of the Predator watched as the Enemy Fleet scrambled in response to his Arrival. According to his Datapad , they'd be facing Three Heavy Cruisers and Half a Dozen Frigates which was good for the Grand Overseer. This pathetic excuse for a Planetary Defense Force would be no match for Task Force Vader. In a matter of minutes , Sularen thought , his forces would overwhelm this small Defense Fleet and cripple the Makatak Shipyards before additional reinforcements from Admiral Kaine Hamilton would swoop in to secure the Tuplaa System and it's Shipyards for the Final Dawn thus contesting the Rakatan Archipelago and fulfilling the Secret Pact agreed upon by the Politorate and the Tuplaa Tribe who had secretly agreed to grant the Final Dawn access to the Shipyards in exchange for helping them replace their rivals in the Makatak Tribe as the Dominant Tribe in the whole Rakatan Archipelago.

"Sir , the enemy force has managed to send out a distress signal to nearby Alliance Forces within the Archipelago." one of the Officers said. "Should i contact Admiral Hamilton , Grand Overseer?" Captain Fisk asked. "No" Sularen responded while leaning a bit forward. "If there are other Alliance Assets in the Archipelago it is best that we draw them out here first before having Hamilton move in." Sularen said. "In the meantime , continue our advance and have our Pilots prepare themselves for deployment. Let's see what these guys have in store for us" Sularen finished before leaning back into his chair. Now it was just a matter of time before the real Battle began and Sularen had no intention of losing here today. He was going to prove that he was a force beyond reckoning and that his return to the Core was inevitable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom