Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Lesson in Power

Vulpesen's gaze was unrelenting, boring into the man under him. He was a fool. But with ever strike, Vulpesen coaxed out another statement, something else which he could use to peice together this puzzle of a man. This isn't just about winning a fight. This man was a member of the Hand. And as long as he acknowledged hismelf as a weak link, he would be the place in the chain where their entire organization could be attacked. Vulpesen existed to find weaknesses and either remove, or strengthen them. "I haven't won. Not yet. You've told me that you're filth. You've told me that you don't wish to learn or grow stronger. Why? You've chosen this. Tell me why, if you have no right to act as you do. If you've joined the dark side, a choice often ruled by a lust for power, without any desire to get better, then tell me why." Apathy and weakness were symptoms. Drogh was diseased, and Vulpesen could try to squash the symptoms all he wanted, but there'd be side effects in some way or another. What he needed, was to find out the cause so that he could cure him.

[member="Drogh"]

Drogh

D
Drogh let out a scoff, looking up slightly to meet the inferno of a gaze. His lips curled into some self defeated smile, shaking his head slightly. "Why should I?" Drogh still challenged, this man whom he barely knew, whom he had no respect for, he didn't have the right to ask about his life. "What the hell are you going to do, how are you going to change what I am?" Drogh said, his tone a broken bitterness, the cries of a man who no longer cared, and despised it when others pretended too. "You think the darkside comes to all those who want it?" Drogh said, fury, outrage, anger building in his tone now, no longer cowering under his mask of shame. "I didn't choose this path, dog." Drogh spat out, "This life is just a series of unfortunate events and if you think I'm going to tell them to you, just so you can satisfy your ego then you can go fling yourself into the nearest sun."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Staring down at the bitter man, Vulpesen slowly lowered down to kneel. He had Drogh's attention. At this point, any moreblows to his body would be counter-productive, so, he simply listened to his self loathing speech. "Because as long as you're weak, you can get your ass kicked like a toddler. And so long as you can get your ass kicked like a toddler, you're dead weight in an organization meant to bring nations to their knees. I don't think I can. At least, I can't do it alone. You need to get your ass in gear, light a fire under yourself and start burning for your desires. You lack the fire needed to become great."

As for him being made into what he was, that was something the Valde couldn't buy into. He'd seen the harshness of life for himself. His people, up until recently had been bordering on extinction. He had been betrayed by those he called friend. He had conceale dhimself in the darkness and had found out that his suffering was useless. If there was something he had learned, it was that there was always a choice. "I don't give two flying cruxi what the hell happened to you. Its over. You're done with it. You're here. Its not then, its now. Most of the people I grew up with are dead. My fiance was torn apart by the sith. I inherited a broken planet. You don't see me bitchin' about it. Get a hold of yourself."

[member="Drogh"]

Drogh

D
Drogh appreciate the response, he was just being practical, although he felt somewhat offended, Drogh might be a self loathing alcoholic spice addicted depressed nutcase, but he was also force sensitive and when he was sober, he wasn't the most incompetent spy or informat in the galaxy. But he could also be so much more, he was wasted potential, Drogh didn't deny this, and perhaps the most crushing irony of all, despite him bathing in the dark side, his drive and motivation summed to what ever could pay for his next drug/drink binge. Although there was a part of him, a undeninal part of him, a reason he joined the Dark hand in the first, was to become more then just a lowly street rat.

Drogh gave a small smile to the man, he genuinely didn't care about his problems, other then that he made him a liability, and for whatever reason Drogh liked him for it. Perhaps it added to his own self loathing, or rather he simply preferred to being lectured about self improvement, or given some bloody speech. Although despite his efforts, his words weren't very inspiring. "You know what mutt?" Drogh offering a amused smile. "I might just like you." Drogh said, holding only the smallest singes of sarcasm at the back of his throat. "Well then, here's what I want right now, my ship back and a off this god forsaken planet, and I'll buy a self help book, deal?" Drogh said, humor sinking in. Drogh mused how funny he found it, he went to passive disinterest, to shame, to rage, to offence and then to actually almost liking the Valde.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Get your head out of your ass and maybe the feeling will become mutual." Vulpesen tose up to his feet. A part of him suggested that he should reach out a hand, if not for anything else than good sportsmanship. But given his interactions with Drogh thus far, he figured that such a gesture might give an entirely different message to the man. "Go on and get to your ship before I toss you into the woods to man you up." He nodded to Claymus, the elder Zorren having watched the battle of wits and brawn. There was a slight scowl on the man's face as he looked at the dark sider, arms crossing infront of him while he waited for the man to gather himself. "Lord Claymus will take you to the hangar and see to it that your nav computer is properly wiped. And don't worry about self help books. All you need is a fire. FInd something to burn for. Something worth it."

[member="Drogh"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom