Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A lesson in Government (Sargon)

Lucien thought a moment "I believe the law here says that thieves loose hands however the Chairman here needs his hands so perhaps a finger ... However perhaps I feel betrayed and then it's treason and he will hang" He said between mouthfuls "It all depends on how cooperative our rotund friend here is" Lucien lay his fork aside and lent forward "So My friend where did the money go to ... In fact don't tell me I already know It is that money that you have used to better fill your trousers." He spoke coldly as he stared down the geonosian. The banking chairman nodded solemnly "Yes I gave my staff a holiday bonus ... but well our disposable budget was gone so we siphoned funds" He wailed.Lucien smiled "Yes but you got caught and it is for this that you are being punished ... Tomorrow when you return to work the lost money will be found and you will issue a passionate apology, get caught again and I will ruin you"

He turned to the only woman of the group "So just why did the workers riot did your brother mess it up again?"

Sargon didn't trail behind Lucien, but stopped to grab a piece of green fruit. It was quite sweet, almost to tart but it had a fantastically wet texture to it. Not slimy but actually juicy. Grabbing another one he brought it with him to stand behind her children and leaning over them he watched Lucien at work and ate the second fruit. With an idle glance he smiled at the children under his shadow. "Remember children pay for the crimes of their parents. Why would your mother ever bring such punishments down on your sweet little heads?"

"You monster Leave my children alone ... and in answer to your question My lord yes he did he raped the foremans wife and I took his side so the workers rebelled" She hissed,Her husband sat beside her saying nothing. Lucien smiled and webbed his fingers together "You brother is a dead man He has deprived me of considerable income and theft from the governor is treason. he will hang at dawn and you will resign or you will join him" He said as a sorbet was placed before him, He and sargon were the only ones who dared to eat.He turned his attention to the final business leader "I can't claim to be an expert ... however I am curious as to how profits are down but sales are up.Perhaps you can explain to an ignorant fool who shouldn't be in charge just what on earth is going on ... oh and do speak slowly you are dealing with a half wit after all" He said recalling the exact words the man had used to describe him when having a drink in earshot of one of Luciens guards.

Sargon stepped patted a child on the head as he walked away behind the last member. He had a different approach for this particular case. Reaching down he plucked a piece of spiced meat of his plate and chewed it slowly behind him. "It is excellent, Lord Lucien, the guests are rather rude it seems to me. I do believe your cook went through a considerable effort to cook this all, at your cost, and they haven't touched it." Shaking his head Sargon reached his hand down and simply took a very expensive looking pocket watch from the last of the business leaders. "Oh look, Lord Lucien, you bought a lovely timepiece."

@[member="Lucien Cordel"]

The final man was a bigoted old man he snatched the pocket watch back thrusting it back into his pocket "The food is probably poisoned ... it's not bellow him Im sure" The old man hissed.Lucien just smiled.Leaning back into his chair "Yes I am sure my chef is very offended,however you have yet to answer me I have rooms down stairs incase I need to take the information from you" He spoke slowly and coldly the old man was unphased "I have been siphoning funds to finance a new project that I envisage will make a considerable profit" He spoke confidently and aside from his drunken mishap he had no stains on his reputation. Lucien nodded "I will come and see tomorrow, If your project is worthy then you will receive extra funding" He spoke then calmly stood up "You are dismissed" He said with a gesture of his hand his guests chairs tumbled backwards and they scurried out of his house.

Lucien turned to sargon "Well I trust today has been informative,This final ... event was to illustrate that deception is very useful and reputation can be a powerful motivator for society, you may be wondering why none of these traitors were fired simmple reason is when society is leaving hate at the doors of these people they are leaving less with me" He walked from the dining room and into the lounge having gestured for sargon to follow.His servants would finish the meal in the business peoples stead.Lucien poured himself a brandy "Do you want anything?"

With a small smile Sargon sat and took up another piece of spiced meat. "I'd love a good Iridonian whiskey if you have any. I find your methods interesting, Lucien. In your shoes I wouldn't have handled the situation the same, but I believe I've learned something very important here. I'm no longer a simple soldier, and that job was much simpler in many ways." Reaching out he plucked a small piece of fruit from a trap and eyes the perfect curve of its form. "I don't think the lesson here was to use your ways, but to find my own to make my own decisions. You have my gratitude for that, and while we are here I did have a business matter to discuss. Your droid factories are state of the art, and increasingly profitable. On Bakura the shipyards only grow larger, and the repulsor technology has been its economic backbone for years."

Standing Sargon removed a datapad and handed it to Lucien. "I think we could do better though, but only if we reach out to others on our level. Imagine if you would, a council of planetary governors all working in combination to control certain industries. Control production, and we control price. It may be a bit grandiose perhaps, but if we could achieve it the possibilities are limitless."

Lucien poured Sargon a whisky and handed it to Him "I am glad to see you grasped my basic lesson" He smiled.Listening to sargon he nodded.His points were all valid and correct but Lucien failed to see the point until sargon handed him the datapad.Lucien took it in his left hand paced over to his chair.He sat down slowly glancing through the details as he gestured.He was intrigued to say the least and sargon was right the possibilities were limitless He looked up "I like grandeur Sargon,I like grandeur a lot, this plan is genius I envisage that perhaps we may even outdo Palpatine with this plan.With the industry's come the factions and with the factions come the galaxy" He was excited even thinking about it.He finished his drink and place the glass on the table next to his chair and stood up "I will discuss this at greater length tomorrow but for now I will head to bed"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom