Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Late Introduction

Hi all, Darth Marras here. I also answer to "Judge_M0rt1s", and went by that handle on here when I first arrived, and started to call my character "Darth Mortis" only to find that someone already beat me to the punch and made a character with that name XD

Anyways, I actually didn't realize that there was a new member greeting area. That's partly why I didn't introduce myself right away. Also, the other reason was because I was hesitant to do so.

Role playing in forums used to be a big hobby of mine years ago, the love of which eroded over time. Granted, while I haven't been free of my own mistakes, I have had to deal with rampant god moding, massive egos, admins showing favoritism and giving non admin members special privileges. I have also been personally attacked because of aesthetic choices I made with characters I have designed in the past, with admins calling me stupid and saying I had no taste because of the color of clothing I gave my characters, only for them to steal ideas I made for my characters that they added to characters they designed.

Long story short, even if I had realized there was a new member greeting area right off the bat I wasn't too keen on introducing myself because of trust issues. Plus I'm more testing the waters to see if this is something I want to get back into or not. So if I just up and leave this site with no word of warning, unless I personally say otherwise it's really nothing personal.

Also, I want it on the record that I am autistic (which is another thing that I've been picked on for both on and offline). I have been known to phrase things in an odd manner, sometimes appearing hateful or hostile. I must stress that I am not a hateful person by nature, and nine times out of ten I truly mean no offense. So if I do come off as weird, or have said something that you find offensive, please ask me for clarification because that generally means I phrased something wrong.

Above all else, please be patient with me. As I said, it has been years since I've role played and I'm not sure if this is something I want to get back into doing because of my bad experiences.

Hello there, and welcome! I feel you with roleplaying being such a big hobby, I've been out of the game for a long time too.
My little brother has autism, and many of the board members understand, if anyone is ever picking on you for what makes you YOU, do not hesitate to report that person. If you ever need someone to chill and chat with me, hit me up! Im almost always free!

Hey, welcome to Chaos!

You're definitely not alone here - a number of us (myself included) are neurodiverse. I've also been doing this collaborative style of written roleplay for a couple decades at this point, as well.

Chaos is a great community with many different kinds of people, styles of writing, and life experiences, and I truly believe there is something for everyone - you should have no problem finding a group you get on well with.

Please, please, please do not be afraid to ask questions - we're all happy to help. :)

I hope to see you out there in the threads!

Sounds like the OOC stuff gets to you. It can get pretty heated around here too, at times, I won’t lie and pretend this place is some bastion of peace and safety from all of that just to appeal to a new writer. Plenty of people come and go for exactly those reasons, and there’s no judgement involved for it. Peeps need a break, we’re all human, etc.

But if you’re disciplined, if you just focus on the IC writing, your best bet is to just surf the forum and do LFG threads, faction forums, RP discussions to gain some RP threads. If you grow a little braver, we have a rather large Discord scene that can expand things for you - but that’s where the OOC stuff starts to get heavier. They still have to abide our rules, but the SWRP Staff members mostly leave them to “self-police”. This is where things can get more personal, but you’ll make as many friends as you’ll see things that offput you. So, it’s more of a gamble.

I wish you luck traveler, and I hope you enjoy your time at Chaos!

Sounds like the OOC stuff gets to you. It can get pretty heated around here too, at times, I won’t lie and pretend this place is some bastion of peace and safety from all of that just to appeal to a new writer. Plenty of people come and go for exactly those reasons, and there’s no judgement involved for it. Peeps need a break, we’re all human, etc.

But if you’re disciplined, if you just focus on the IC writing, your best bet is to just surf the forum and do LFG threads, faction forums, RP discussions to gain some RP threads. If you grow a little braver, we have a rather large Discord scene that can expand things for you - but that’s where the OOC stuff starts to get heavier. They still have to abide our rules, but the SWRP Staff members mostly leave them to “self-police”. This is where things can get more personal, but you’ll make as many friends as you’ll see things that offput you. So, it’s more of a gamble.

I wish you luck traveler, and I hope you enjoy your time at Chaos!
Truth, truer words have never been spoken. THIS, Someone pin this shit to the site on top

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom