Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction A Knighting Ceremony

Auteme Auteme
Quill's bushy eyebrows ascended. Not many Jedi pursued formal higher education. Not many at all. He found himself wondering what he would study if he signed up with some kind of distance learning program. Welding, maybe? Physics? Botany?

"Wonderful path you've set for yourself. Don't know how you find the time. If you're sounding me out - yes, I can be part of this thing, in my way at least. You and your friends can always find a roof and a bunk at the Hoth enclave. Would that be....useful at all? Where do you operate?"

Irridia Solensis

I
E11RsnE.png
Breathing deeply, she closed her eyes, the swirling ocean blue of her gaze shuttering for a brief moment. Another breath, and a measured exhalation, she opened her eyes once more and stepped into the main audience chamber at the Silver Rest. It was not a space she'd had the occasion to be in before that afternoon, and she found herself admiring the awe inspiring, sweeping architecture and the warmth that all of the natural light lent to it.

There was a great many people within the space, and Irri found herself tucked next to a broad support pillar on the edge of the crowd. She had not been with the Silver Jedi long enough to get to know many people, and those she did know were scattered throughout the ocean of faces. Blinking, she remained silent though some few were engaged in conversations in spite of the ceremony beginning. Fingers absently smoothed out her new robes, the soft fabric warm and comfortable, though she was still self-conscious about wearing them.

A Knighting ceremony, however, called for more formality than her simple everyday garb. Her only concession was the blue sea-glass piece suspended from a silver chain around her neck, and the silver clasp holding her hair back. Canting her head to the side, she caught sight of Caden Evesa Caden Evesa near the front and warmth lit her features alongside the smile that slipped across her lips. They'd spent an increasing amount of time together since meeting during Damien's training, with their trips to Domhanda and Rhen Var amongst the highlights.

Irri knew his trials begun, though she was uncertain of when they would be deemed complete, and when he himself would be called on to step forward. She stood straight as Master Starchaser summoned one of the Padawans forward, leaving the Force to guide someone forward first. Her swirling gaze widened as she watched Caden step forward to be the first of the newest Knights, surprise lighting her features. A touch of confusion also flickered across her face a moment later, and she wondered why he hadn't said anything to her.

Confusion and surprise, though evident, were only temporary, as they were soon replaced with the warmth and delight at his accomplishment. Her gaze held a fraction of something else, which Irri hoped wasn't obvious as she waited with everyone else for the ceremony to continue.

Travelin’ the Stars
Another tear rolled down his face.

Just as he did with the first two, he wiped away the slowly falling tear with his robotic hand. The metal was cold against his skin. The cold reminded him of the time he sent away from the light side of the force. How he hurt Caden. How it would take time to mend his mistakes.

Surrounded by people as he was in the middle of the crowd, he hoped that no one would take notice of him. He was here to celebrate his former-Padawan's knighting ceremony, not be recognized for his mistakes. It would have been wonderful for him to have been there with Caden as he finished his trials. The boy had so much potential. All he needed to do was use it.

As Grandmaster Starchaser began to speak to Caden, he began to zone out. The stage became a blur, then the people in front of him. Panic began to come over him. What was happening? Suddenly the entire room went black. Spinning around he began to worry what was going on. With his old blade back he reach down for his hip, grabbing it. Soon a yellow blade ignited ahead. The slightly illuminated face of his Padawan appeared. Sighing, he stepped forward.

Without warning Caden charged him. Quickly he grabbed his own lightsaber, swinging it to block his blade. Why was he stacking? He turned his head and braced for impact. The pressure of the blades colliding could be felt through his entire body. A few seconds past before the Padawans spoke.

"Look me in the eye and face me. You are not worthy of this lightsaber. You are a Sith, and you will die like one!"

Slowly turning his head back he saw something that made his legs weak. Somehow his blue lightsaber blade began to change into a dark purple, before finally switching to a red. He mouth hung open, still not believing what happened. Before he could react the yellow blade of Caden's lightsaber quickly pierced through his chest. Knocked backwards he began to fall to the ground. The world slowed down as he watched the boy's face disappear...

Snapping back into reality he broke into a cold sweat. He needed to get out of this room. He shouldn't be here. All of his Sith ties had been broken, but apparently it wasn't so. Breaking away from the crowd he walked through the doorway. Before he was fully out of the room he turned around, looking at his friend one last time. He hoped that Caden wouldn't end up anything like he did.

Words: 436

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

if they're watching anyways
Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill | Open
In truth she hadn't intended it as an attempt at recruitment, but now it just seemed right. Quill wanted back in. Auteme knew he could help. The Jedi Master had more sway than he knew among the Orders; having him on board would doubtless support the Jedi Coalition. The enclave on Hoth wasn't half bad either.

"Well, it's an attempt to better connect the Jedi. The more locations, the more people, the better." She smiled. "As it is, the Coalition has picked up a few of the Outer Rim temples and enclaves. Jutrand and Svivren. Plus, there's support from the Kattada Temple. That's a project from Coren and Celeste. Their medical facilities are excellent."

And she knew her medical facilities well.

"You travel a fair bit-" At least, when he was away from Hoth, "So I think you'll be of great help."

There was a pause, then a slight frown. "Still, I'm... a little worried that these kinds of things come often. Idealists looking to unite people and ending up balancing the dozen allegiances and ideas of what a Jedi should be, and just collapsing. Wyatt could barely get the Silvers to support him. That's not even counting the galactic factions and governments..."

She chuckled to herself. "I mean, even now, I've got to handle someone coming after the New Jedi Order every senate meeting. Politics is exhausting and I barely have any constituents."

BACK OF THE ROOM IN SOME SHADOWS ETC.

Auteme Auteme

Quill kept half an eye on the goings-on, partly out of respect and partly because he greatly wanted to see Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire and Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor spar. You could cut the testosterone with a knife.

"Don't know how much help I'll be, but Hoth's doors are open and so forth. I know Jutrand a bit, the others not much - I'll have to visit one of these days. As for unity projects, collaboration...it's always shifting. Embrace that, adapt, and put Jedi helping other Jedi at the top of your priorities list, and you'll do fine. A good, lasting network is about relationships and communities taking care of each other, knowing each other's needs. Best path to connect Jedi in enduring ways."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom