Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction A Knight Returns Home

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

latest.png

Coruscant, NJO Jedi Temple
Mid-Afternoon
Tag: Taam Moghul Taam Moghul
OPEN TO NJO MEMBERS
After a quick detour to Rayia Si Rayia Si 's little holiday party, Jonyna had to uphold a promise. Taam Moghul, her new mate, was a knight that had wandered the stars much like herself. She had promised to help him return home, to the order. It was a bold proclimation, and yet she always held up to empty promises. Having flown ahead of him, Jonyna had put out a small invite to the NJO to greet him. She was sure he hadn't been back in many a year, especially with what he had told her, and so she figured there were plenty of new faces for him to meet. At the very least, she hoped a warm welcome would be there to greet him.

Jonyna herself had gotten dressed up in her temple robes, a set of clothing she almost never wore, but she hoped it would spark a bit of nostalgia for the knight...

66nuKk8.jpg

While his arrival to the temple at Coruscant was quiet and intentionally unceremonious, his return had much deeper significance to Taam. His departure after the death of his padawan during the Hyperspace Wars marked a period of wandering and soul-searching for the Cathar Knight. Of course, he always held himself ultimately responsible to the NJO, but his contact with the order had been nearly cut. Taam's purpose amid his wanderings was to uphold the Jedi Code and render mercy and justice where he could. Yet he had been haunted with the guilt of Kalisha's death.

Finally, after visits to several Jedi enclaves, Taam began to heal and sense the need to return to the Order. Meeting Jonyna Si Jonyna Si at New Cov brought much needed life and love. And his time with Master Matsu Ike Matsu Ike on Ahch-To helped him to come to grips with his loss, and returned to him purpose as part of a greater union of Jedi.

So, as promised to his new mate, Taam came to the temple. He was to meet Jonyna, and supposedly others, in a small designated hall. He too donned his traditional robes, those he once wore in the temple often. Old habits died hard, and he still wore his wooden-handled lightsaber at his side. Walking the familiar halls, with the mid-day sun streaming through large windows, brought back many memories, good and bad, rendering his mood pensive.

Arriving in the room, a smile spread across the large Cathar's muzzle when he spotted his mate. Moving to her side, his hand made a subtle caress of he arm, deeming that overt signs of affection were still frowned upon in the temple. He had yet to see Jonyna in temple robes. While the creature within them was a wild one, the robes still suited her as a renowned knight.

"Hello."
Taam greeted her as his eyes scanned the room, then returned to her blue gaze. He took a deep breath. "In some ways, its all so familiar. In another, its strange." He admitted.

GADividerPurple.png

"They built it based off the original temple, so if you saw that before it was destroyed." During the surprise attack by the Maw, he meant. Aris was seated in the room, his gaze focused on a datapad in his hand. Notes, mostly. Wayfinders weren't a type of Jedi he'd learned much about yet, but it was very interesting to see what it was they did. Finding new worlds, finding new people.

Exploration at the highest point. It was even tempting for him to want to investigate it as a path forward for himself. But just tempting, he had already decided his main focus would be on mastering the lightsaber.

He looked up after a moment, giving a gentle smile. "Hello. Welcome to Coruscant."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si | Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

Um9wLtZ.png

"Hello." Taam greeted her as his eyes scanned the room, then returned to her blue gaze. He took a deep breath. "In some ways, its all so familiar. In another, its strange." He admitted.
"Hey." She gave a small peck in response to his cheek. "Trust me, it was strange my first time."

While their native instincts were indeed not suitable for the temple, Jonyna couldn't find herself able to care of modesty. To her, love was to be celebrated. Speaking of which...

They built it based off the original temple, so if you saw that before it was destroyed." During the surprise attack by the Maw, he meant. Aris was seated in the room, his gaze focused on a datapad in his hand. Notes, mostly. Wayfinders weren't a type of Jedi he'd learned much about yet, but it was very interesting to see what it was they did. Finding new worlds, finding new people.

Jonyna looked to the boy, a curious look upon her face. "You're...Kahlil and Val's son, yeah? I think I've seen you around a few times. It's nice to meet you."

Tag: Taam Moghul Taam Moghul Aris Noble Aris Noble

66nuKk8.jpg

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si and Aris Noble Aris Noble

"Yes, I remember it well." Taam replied to the padawan teen. "That would explain the feeling. Thank you, I'm Taam." The Cathar introduced himself. It was then that his mate spoke up, and made a connection with the young Jedi's identity. So, he was the son of the Nobles. Taam knew of them, though had not worked with them or had the opportunity to associate with them since his wanderings. He hoped to fix that. He suspected that if he and Jonyna were to call any place home, it would most likely be the temple on New Cov that Khalil rebuilt for Valery. It was where the two Cathar Jedi knights met.

Being at Jonya's side was a good thing, and he offered her a knowing smile. And Taam decided being back in the temple on Coruscant was a good thing too. He had almost forgotten the significance in remembering you were part of something bigger than yourself. While the young Noble padawan offered a kind greeting, Taam wondered if there were some jedi who would not be so welcoming of the prodigal knight.

Last edited:

GADividerPurple.png

"Yes, I am Aris. It is good to meet you both, Knight Si and Knight Taam."

He clicked off his tablet as he hopped to his feet and bowed his head in greeting. He'd heard the pair were coming from New Cov, so it seemed fitting he'd at least greet them.

"Well. I hope you enjoy your time here. There is a lot that has also changed."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si | Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Taam Moghul Taam Moghul Aris Noble Aris Noble

Now that her own festivities were concluded, Rayia turned her attention once more to the plan of action at hand that she, Mentor Jonyna and Valery Noble had decided on. Following their little excursion to New Cov, a two-pronged plan had sprung forth. The first step of which involved Rayia learning to control the beast within. A suggestion had been put forth that based on the old stories she had been able to recall of her people's history before they arrived on Weik. Rayia should seek out the original home of the Felacatians: the fabled world of Felacat. Perhaps there, she would be able to attain a greater understanding of herself and finally begin to lay the groundwork for the integration of her two selves into one being.

There was only one problem. The old stories of her own people were subject to quite a few generations, and information on Felacat had been limited to begin with. Felacatians tended to remain relatively isolated. In fact, the only external contact she could remember hearing about prior to Serin Wyrni's outbound flight from the planet were tales of how the Imperials of old had attempted to take the planet and wound up fleeing in horror. She knew due to the elder's recollection of the stories, and the numerous anecdotes of the ritesmiths, that Felacat lay somewhere in the Outer Rim and more specifically in the Ghrol Sector. Still, any information would be helpful. Sparse as it might be, it still lent Rayia a higher chance of success. There was so much to consider after all. So many perils to be wary of. 'How does one get to Ghrol? What sort of obstacles are there? Are there any cultural norms of the sector to consider?' Rayia thought, before a despairing note entered her thoughts. 'Never mind actually interacting with Felacatians my tribe has not seen for centuries...,' Rayia added glumly.

It was why Rayia was currently visiting the archives of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Normally, she avoided the industrial world as best she could. She didn't appreciate the sensations that overwhelmed her senses. The hustle and bustle of a swarming population had her tail frizzing. Its sensitive fur rippled with the motions of those people, threatening to loom in and overwhelm her. The foul fumes of speeder exhaust lingered in the air outside seeping in through the cracked windows of the Jedi Temple. Like invisible, roving fingers of smoke unfurling in the air. The scent trailed through the air. The nose biting, tingling sensation turned the modicum of relief and fresh air that the windows offered into sheer torture. "Achoo!" Rayia yelped shrilly, rubbing at her reddened nose. Worse still was the faint scent of mustiness permeating from around several of the older archive sections, seeming to infect everything with an underlying scent of mold and rot. It wasn't long before Rayia's forehead collapsed to the table in sheer exasperation. "I can't concentrate like this. Not when I want to sneeze every ten seconds," She muttered to herself.

She'd received Jonyna's invite regarding Taam's arrival to Coruscant and had chosen to wear her formal robes that day. She hardly ever wore the constrictive clothing over her usual outfit and it showed. The robes being perhaps a tad more creased than was usual. Suddenly, Rayia's comm unit chirped, reminding her of Taam's arrival. Rayia shot to her feet, eyes wide and ears alert. 'Damn it, I didn't think they'd arrive so soon,' She thought to herself. Shoving all of the books into a pile, she scooped them under one arm as she ran out the door. "Sorry, excuse me. Out of the way, please!" She exclaimed as she ran. Pushing past fellow Order members and earning quite a few sour looks as she sent a few tumbling, Rayia would bolt into the scene a heartbeat later. "Sorry, I'm late! I went into the archives to study and... drifted off slightly," Rayia rambled slightly, hoping the excuse would buy her a modicum of reprieve.

Last edited:

66nuKk8.jpg

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si , Aris Noble Aris Noble , Rayia Si Rayia Si
Aris said, "Well. I hope you enjoy your time here. There is a lot that has also changed."
Taam nodded to Jonyna, then smiled at the young Noble padawan. "Thank you, Aris. I'm sure I will." He wasn't as convinced as his tone suggested, but time would tell. As Jonyna asked after Ari's training, Taam's attention turned to the abrupt arrival of Jonyna's padawan.

"Rayia!" Taam beamed at the sight of the Felacatian, moving to greet her. His mate's apprentice was a welcomed familiar face, though he had only recently met her on Alderaan. "You're not late." He assured her with a smile, glancing at Jonyna for a moment before his amber gaze fell again to Rayia. "We can't fault you for studying. It's good to see you again." He gave the Felactian a hand on the shoulder in greeting.

Um9wLtZ.png

"Hey Rayia." Jonyna smiled at the sight of her adopted daughter. "Good to see you're studying at least. Any breakthroughs?" She waved to Aris as he took a step back, happy to at least meet him in the moment. She hoped they'd learn to know each other later, as she hoped with every jedi in the order. She at least hoped to be a friendly face among the jedi.

Tag: Taam Moghul Taam Moghul Rayia Si Rayia Si Aris Noble Aris Noble

Taam Moghul Taam Moghul Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Aris Noble Aris Noble

Rayia returned Taam's beaming smile with a grin of her own. She rather liked the Cathar, even if she too had only met him recently. Breathing a sigh of relief as Taam mentioned that she hadn't been late, Rayia felt a metaphorical burden slipping from her shoulders. She shuffled the stack of books to beneath her other arm as she felt Taam's hand land upon her shoulder. "I do appreciate that." Rayia says, reaching up to pat Taam's forearm. Turning her head, she beamed at Aris as well. "Aris, good to see you too." The Felacatian called after the padawan, who seemed to be trying to extricate himself from his surroundings.

Still, she couldn't miss the brief flicker of an exchange between Taam and Jonyna as the two exchanged glances. 'Oh, I'm going to be paying for it later,' Rayia's cynical side couldn't help but observe. Rayia's golden eyes followed the movements, before settling on Jonyna as the latter began to speak. Rayia's face fell slightly as her mentor asked if she had had any breakthroughs. 'You can't tell her you just started and then couldn't concentrate cause of the dust,' Rayia thought to herself. Her mind fought to find a more elegant way of phrasing the situation. "...Not so far no. But I've collected a good number of tomes about where Felacat must lie," She said, hoisting the books up so that she could display them. Astrological Bodies of the Ghrol Sector, and Unusual Fauna of the Outer Rim being the top two most notable titles on the stack. "I don't suppose either of you has surveyed the Outer Rim extensively? Or know someone who has?" She asked, probing for any information she could gather.

66nuKk8.jpg

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si , Aris Noble Aris Noble , Rayia Si Rayia Si

From conversations with Jonyna, Taam knew Rayia sought the location of her people's homeworld. The Cathar suspected that the Felacatians were not so different from his own kind, where tribe and family and tradition were treasured. It made sense why Rayia would seek their origin, and why Jonyna would encourage it. He felt the same about Cathar, the home of his people, Jonyna's home. Soon, he knew they would go there together.

"I have traveled the Outer Rim quite a bit, but only the more populated systems. There may be someone at the temples further out, like Jakku or Prime or the Jadeites, who are more familiar with that region."
Taam offered. It wasn't much. "But I will reach out to some of my contact to see what we can dig up." He promised.

"Remember, when you are looking at star maps and holos, look for holes and suspiciously empty places. If there are no black holes recorded in that region, it may indicate where something is missing in the record." Taam added, nodding to the books in her arms, then glancing at Jonyna with a small grin.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

Rayia perked up as the larger Cathar admitted that he had travelled through the Outer Rim's more populated systems. Whilst the Ghrol sector was by no means attributed to that category, it did mean that Taam had some general knowledge of those far-flung reaches of space. A fact he soon proved by promising to reach out to a contact within the region. "Considering I have few friends within that region, that would be very much appreciated," Rayia said, bowing her head slightly at Taam's kind offer. Her ears quirked at his suggestion and she quietly murmured it to herself as her golden eyes followed the flitting gaze he cast towards the books in her arms. "Look for holes in the tapestry... That makes sense. It is a remote world after all," She muttered to herself, before snapping out of it with a shake of her head. "I've been rambling. Sorry, I don't mean to distract from today's events," Rayia said, feeling as if she'd sapped the spirit of Taam's return home. 'He's coming home after so long. You...know what it feels like to be on the other side of that,' she reminded herself. Indeed, the Felacatian couldn't help but feel a tad jealous of Taam.

Hearing Jonyna's offer, Rayia turned her golden eyes towards her. She smiled widely, closing her eyes happily. "I appreciate the offer, Mentor Jonyna," she replied. But then a thought caused her to purse her lips. Glinting fangs bit into her lower lip as Rayia sucked air in through her teeth. She winced slightly as she voiced the thought that had struck her. "Still... if we do take the Reaper, perhaps we shouldn't land it on Felacat itself. I fear the... adverse reactions it would cause. For my people to see the silhouette of a former Imperial ship approaching," Rayia said, a note of apprehension entering her voice. "I doubt they made a good first impression of outsiders in the brief time before they were forced to flee the planet," Rayia offered by way of explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom