Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Joyful & Triumphant Reunion

Karisa

Brask'ari'sabosen (retired)

A continuation of this thread...

CbKv6mO.png

Life Day Celebration
Avalonia, Dosuun

With a glance around, as a choir began to sing, Mitth'orn'eruod leaned forward and raised his eyebrows to Brask'ari'sabosen.

"Brask'ari'sabosen... there is a small cafe not far from where I am staying currently," Mitth'orn'eruod said in a low voice, as he looked into her red eyes with his own. His expression was calmer now, but there was definitely a presence of curiosity and surprise in his mannerisms, compared to his past self. "Perhaps we can go there? Have a chance to speak. There is... a lot of unknown elucidation between us, which I would like to quantify and understand. Please. If you would, it is not far."

She answered almost too fast for the words to register in her mind first before slipping past her lips so eagerly.

"Yes, of course, I would like that very much," Brask'ari'sabosen replied in their native tongue with a rather enthusiastic shake of her head while still holding Mitth'orn'eruod's gaze, which seemed to burn straight through to her heart, warming it just a little more than she would have liked at that moment. I mean, it had been years since they had last seen each other last, and at the time it was under dire conditions of battle. Expectations needed to be managed before making a fool of herself. She schooled herself quickly to act more accordingly as a Chiss should.

"And I concur, Mitth'orn'eruod. We would be amiss if we did not take this unforeseen opportunity given us to find some clarity with all the time that has passed."

The walk to the cafe in the light snowfall was for the most part silent between the Chiss as the crowded sidewalks of Avalonia with citizens out for the Life Day Celebration made it hard to converse, but soon enough the quant restaurant suggested by the Noble Son of House Mitth was before them. It almost seemed like old times when the two were serving in their respective roles within the Chiss Ascendancy. Though, that was then. This was now. They were two different people by experiences had, or were they?

A table was shown to them near the window in the corner. It gave the Chiss couple a nice view of the winter wonderland outside with some degree of privacy inside as the table next to them was empty.

"Thank you,"
Brask'ari'sabosen nodded appreciatively as the chair was pulled out for her. She took the offered seat, then removed her gloves and stowed them in the fur hat that was taken off as well, placing it on the adjacent chair. A swipe of her hand smoothed any stray strands of hair down before she slipped off the Burberry coat, keeping it though settled around her shoulders for warmth even though her sweater dress worn should do the trick.

An efficient waiter stopped by and dropped off two menus as well as two glasses of water, then said he'd be right back to take their order. Crimson orbs did a quick peruse of the menu, then they looked up and over the top to study her dining companion before speaking.

"So you said you are serving now with the First Order navy. It is their gain no doubt. What is your assignment currently, if I may ask?" she inquired, breaking the ice once again as they settled in at the cafe sitting across from one another at the table.

Matt the Radar Tech Matt the Radar Tech

Last edited:

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
Cafe
Avalonia, Dosuun

6rVLoR2.png

It still struck Mitth'orn'eruod as something surreal as he walked beside Brask'ari'sabosen. Despite the proximity, the realization that she was indeed alive, and the fact the Captain had passed every psychological exam provided by the First Order, there still remained some shock. Yet, never let it be said that Mitth'orn'eruod was unable to adapt, as he pushed through several years of thought and incorrect assumption. It was difficult, from the sense that the Chiss began to second-guess his past decisions, but mentally and emotionally it was less complicated to align in his mind. The final thought on the matter was that Mitth'orn'eruod, and perhaps even Brask'ari'sabosen, had been given a second chance and that to squander it would be folly.

The cafe was small, quiet, and had few patrons. It was ideal for a conversation such as to come. When the pair were led toward a table in the corner, Mitth'orn'eruod pulled the chair out for Brask'ari'sabosen, before he circled the table and took his own seat. Mitth'orn'eruod watched as his companion removed several items of clothing, his red eyes taking in every detail, almost for the first time all over again. Brask'ari'sabosen had always been beautiful, but beyond that had always been intelligent and highly motivated and skilled in her fields, which was only more of a boon compared to the legacy of her House. In truth, Mitth'orn'eruod expected Brask'ari'sabosen to be wed, to have been matched with another strong family from the Ascendancy, and it was only a matter of time before the proverbial hammer dropped and the unfortunate news - at least for him - was shared.

Still.

Brask'ari'sabosen spoke again, which brought Mitth'orn'eruod out of his moment of thoughtfulness, and asked about the First Order. There was a second of pause, as Mitth'orn'eruod considered his words, before he nodded and offered a small smile. "Indeed, I am currently performing similar tasks within First Order space, as I was for the CEDF," Mitth'orn'eruod said in a low voice, as he glanced down to the menu that the waiter had set on the table. He wasn't hungry. "To expand on what I said earlier, I returned from fleet operations in the Unknown Regions not long ago. I was tasked to cooperate with a First Order Captain for five years, we both bonded professionally and performed out duties well, though it also seemed proper to return to First Order territory. Until such time as appropriate intelligence and sector updates could be attained, of course... however, I remained. And I sent the Chiss Destroyer back to the Ascendancy, with notation of my intention to remain and to assist further."

Mitth'orn'eruod picked up the glass of water and took a sip. He recalled the events that followed, as Chiss space had undergone drastic changes in the time the Captain had been absent from the Known Galaxy. It had been a good decision, he felt, to stay back from his home region as things seemed to be in turmoil and the Chiss government had not changed its ways. He placed the glass down and continued with a clear of the throat.

"I have temporarily relinquished my position in the CEDF as Admiral, so I can better avoid the bureaucracy of Chiss Houses and politics, and simply focus on the assistance of stability in an allied region of space," Mitth'orn'eruod continued. He offered a wry smile. "Besides, which, I am well aware that my efforts so far in the First Order have been significantly more efficient and considerably faster than under our people's government. To say that humans have streamlined a lot of their military is an understatement, and makes me question how the CEDF achieved much at all with the red tape and consistent intervention of private parties... but, I digress."

With interest in his eyes, Mitth'orn'eruod shifted forward and rested his elbows on the table edge, as he steepled his fingers and looked at his companion. He didn't want to bore her with self-observations about their people or the methods in which Mitth'orn'eruod planned to make changes once he was back with the CEDF - if he went back to the CEDF, of course...

"Brask'ari'sabosen, I understand we spoke briefly of what happened to you," Mitth'orn'eruod lowered his voice, so it was softer, more approachable than his usual authoritative tone. "But seeing you here, alive... what of you? Since your return, what has been the pursuits of Brask'ari'sabosen? Professional elevation, enhancements in your fields of study, Ascendancy maneuvering? ...marriage prospects?"

And while Mitth'orn'eruod was interested in each subject he mentioned, he couldn't deny the latter was of particular interest. There had always been an underlying potential for the both of them to have a mutually successful familial arrangement, but it had never quite been realized. So for Mitth'orn'eruod to know if Brask'ari'sabosen had married, to ask so obviously, might have seemed selfish in Chiss society. But this wasn't the Ascendancy. And Mitth'orn'eruod had also changed in his almost six years away from the galaxy...

Karisa Karisa

Karisa

6rVLoR2.png

Café
Avalonia, Dosuun

After giving the menu a final purview, Brask'ari'sabosen set it down on the tabletop not particularly hungry but more thirsty needing a desperate fix of caffeine, then her crimson eyes set thoughtfully upon Mitth'orn'eruod sitting across the table from her once again. He was a very desirable Chiss, and that wasn't just in her opinion either. The Noble Son of House Mitth had been considered the most sought after match in the Chiss Ascendancy in the days of the past. The rising Admiral's mind was the sharpest and physique honed to perfection... not that she'd actually viewed it unclothed. Though, Ari might have undressed him in her sleep at a weak moment or two especially after their somewhat romantic dinner together on Sharb during shore leave.

Mitth'orn'eruod also was the epitome of what the Red Flame stood for. Something that the Noble Daughter of House Sabosen too had believed and exemplified wholeheartedly, though that ideology had been stressed tested over the years after living amongst humans and the like of the Known Regions. It had become more of a guide rather than a hard, fast rule for living. Did that make her a bad Chiss then?

Brask'ari'sabosen listened mindfully to Mitth'orn'eruod's answer to her question and further explanation. The one thing that stood out was when he lamented, 'I was tasked to cooperate with a First Order Captain for five years, we both bonded professionally and performed our duties well, though it also seemed proper to return to First Order territory.'
Did that mean he was bonded-bonded? She didn't see a ring, though military men didn't necessarily wear one openly if they were married. A silent sigh was made internally, and her heart twitched for a moment in a dashed hope. Well, at least he is alive and well, and seemingly happy.

"Yes, the Humans do seem to keep surprising us Chiss from time to time... Well if anyone was going to succeed outside of the Ascendancy, it would be you, Mitth'orn'eruod. You are a born leader. The First Order is an excellent choice for your rising star to shine," Ari replied sincerely.

Suddenly that glass of water looked inviting as he made his inquires of her. A sip was taken, then the Chiss doctor kept her hands wrapped casually around it set atop the table. Gods where to start... I don't want to sound pathetic in his eyes, but I will nonetheless.

"Well after I recovered from my captivity, I worked full-time at my family's R & D lab there in Ch'avz, the one you toured. After my father was made Aristocra, he began making many changes that in his eyes that would be most beneficial to House Sabosen's status within the Circle of Ruling Families. This did not sit well with a certain group. Instead of calling for a vote of no confidence, they decided it would be better just to eliminate Mitth'oru'sabosen altogether and any loyal to him. They started an intra-family coup and the cowards killed my father in cold blood... "

Crimson eyes looked out the window at the snowy landscape for a moment as the still-raw emotions of when Sposia turned red in the blood of her very family made tears threaten to prickle at the edges of her vision. After a couple of good blinks, she then gazed back in control of her feelings once again.

"I barely survived with the help of an unsavory choice, but the only one I had at the time. Do you remember the Chiss Vesnam'alica'raith? I believe you met him and his sister at the ball. Malicar Malicar as he's known helped me to get off Sposia alive. Of course, little did I know that the shipping tycoon was actually a crimelord and the leader of Black Sun no less. In payment of my debt to him for his kindness and assistance at grave risk to himself, I offered concierge medical services to his people for a time. I'm not proud of that, but being exiled I could not go home."

Another sip of the water was taken.

"That relationship led me to the doorstep of the Eternal Empire where he had business affairs with the Imperial faction. I was introduced by Malicar to the Eternal Emperor. Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe summoned me later and bestowed upon me the barony of Verkuyl... His Majesty thought I would be a perfect fit to oversee the bacta-rich world, which I must say I did enjoy, but that was not to last long. The Emperor and his wife went missing and later were declared dead. The Eternal Truth took advantage of the political disarray and struck the Imperial loyalists. Again, I was nearly assassinated... "

Brask'ari'sabosen turned in her seat ever so and pointed backward. "Do I have an X on my back? You might not want to be sitting so close in proximity to me." She was making light of the seriousness of two attempts on her life. If not, she'd just roll up in a ball and cry.

"Anyway... After the new Empress Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim took the throne and conveyed her change in direction for the Empire, I quietly stepped down as Baroness as I did not see a place for me there any longer in her service... And here I am a civilian at the moment, humbled to see you again," she smiled softly.

The waiter returned to take their order. "I will just have a caf, for now, with four creams, please. Thank you."

After he left, she continued. "I seem to have come full circle as I used to serve in FIMS before we first met all those years ago at the signing of the Black and Blue Pact on Csilla. I am thinking of rejoining... And no, I am neither betrothed nor married. That accomplishment I am afraid has alluded me. Course I am not of high regard as I once was, First Daughter and all, so it is understandable. Erm... Do you have any children with your significant other, Mitth'orn'eruod?"

Matt the Radar Tech Matt the Radar Tech

Last edited:

Matt the Radar Tech

Cafe
Avalonia, Dosuun

6rVLoR2.png

Mitth'orn'eruod focused on being in the moment. He repressed his usual mannerism to analyze, simply content to enjoy Brask'ari'sabosen's company in the wake of the revelation she lived. There was a compliment from Brask'ari'sabosen, as she mentioned his potential in the First Order, to which the Captain smiled. "We shall see, indeed," He said with a faint chuckle, which was well beyond Mitth'orn'eruod's usual mannerisms. "I am not the only one, it seems, present company included."

As his companion began to explain the past, which detailed Brask'ari'sabosen's work on her homeworld and within the family facilities, it dawned on Mitth'orn'eruod that he had not looked into the status of House Sabosen. The knowledge of Brask'ari'sabosen's father being made Aristocra was intriguing, but not unexpected, though sadly it seemed his methods for leadership had been undesirable... which resulted in a very common, if rarely spoken of, coup for the House. An unfortunate eventuality, certainly, and it caused Mitth'orn'eruod's blue-skinned knuckles to lighten as he clenched his fists before him. Brask'ari'sabosen looked out the window, which was understandable, though Mitth'orn'eruod caught the wet to her red eyes as she continued and explained about her near-death by assassination.

The Chiss are anything if not ruthless, Mitth'orn'eruod thought to himself, as he continued to listen. Ah, yes, Vesnam'alica'raith... an interesting individual, to say the least.

Brask'ari'sabosen spoke about how Malicar had assisted in keeping her safe for a time, at the cost of services rendered, and revealed his position as a crime lord. That had been a point of contention in the CEDF, as Mitth'orn'eruod had been privy to documents that showed inconsistencies and questionable intel reports concerning the sentient, but there had been no formal investigation started, in light of the threats to the Ascendancy. Still, Mitth'orn'eruod took the information in stride, as he nodded and continued to listen.

"You cannot be blamed for the situation beyond your control," Mitth'orn'eruod said in a low voice, as Brask'ari'sabosen sipped her water. "I am sorry to hear of the loss of your father, and the state of your House. Both were respected, regardless of the outcome in the end, though again I am pleased you survived... there is no shame in being pragmatic after such an event. Do not feel shamed."

Yet, Mitth'orn'eruod's demeanor shifted at the mention of the Eternal Empire. The Captain was very familiar with the individual known as the 'Eternal Emperor', one Darth Tacticus. That sentient had been involved in some horrendous actions taken against the Chiss people, almost a decade prior with the near genocide of a planet's worth of Chiss under a Sith banner. Broadcast publicly, no less. Mitth'orn'eruod's red eyes narrowed, though he kept his mouth tight-lipped, as Brask'ari'sabosen explained the situation. Unfortunately she had been forced to seek position within that Government, though given the circumstances the Captain couldn't be too agitated or unmoving in his opinion of the leader Brask'ari'sabosen had served... sometimes one had little choice, and there was nought to do but take opportunities offered.

"I see," Mitth'orn'eruod said slowly, as he processed his companion's involvement in the Eternal Empire. Had she been a loyalist, then? There had been mention of a second assassination attempt, and her departure, which seemed to imply some level of loyalty to Tacticus. Still, at least Brask'ari'sabosen had left that Empire behind. "Unfortunate events, certainly. I cannot say I am displeased to hear of the Eternal Emperor's fate."

The jest about the target on Brask'ari'sabosen's back brought some levity to the conversation, which had become very serious and dire, to which Mitth'orn'eruod smiled and eased back somewhat in his chair. The waiter arrived, and when asked for an order, the Captain handed over the menu.

"I will have your most popular non-alcoholic beverage, thank you."

Mitth'orn'eruod turned his attention back to Brask'ari'sabosen, as she concluded her journey through the last six years. It had been a turbulent time for his companion, clearly, though Brask'ari'sabosen seemed to have come out stronger for it. Her experience in the medical field was vast, and the Captain wondered at the possibility of her and the First Order. And despite how she mentioned the lack of prospects to any form of romantic relationship or marriage, Mitth'orn'eruod found he couldn't disagree more. Yet, before he could mention that, Brask'ari'sabosen asked about children... with his significant other.

Hm?

Mitth'orn'eruod sat there for a moment, his head tilted.

"I..."

Oh. The First Order Captain, my usage of how we bonded must have... I see.

"No, I have no children, Brask'ari'sabosen," Mitth'orn'eruod said with a clear of his throat, as he sat forward. "Nor do I have a significant other. The Captain I spoke of, Varrik T'Orus, remains a steadfast friend and our bond is as strong as any family I might recognize from my own House. But, no, he is certainly not my type nor has there been romantic pursuits between the pair of us. I apologize for the confusion."

With a glance of his red eyes to the glass Brask'ari'sabosen cupped, Mitth'orn'eruod worked his tongue in his mouth, before he spoke again.

"I would also be remiss to not mention that your conclusion about your lack of high standing is inaccurate. You have always been, and remain, a very intelligent, accomplished and beautiful woman, irrespective of your House and it's status." Mitth'orn'eruod had been in more battles aboard vessels than he could remember, figuratively as he actually recalled near everything in great detail, but the current situation and the words he wanted to say had him feeling like a non-commissioned naval recruit on his first day. "I... have always viewed you as an ideal standard of the Chiss, in every respect. In the past, romantic involvement or courting pursuits had been pushed to one side in favor of career objectives and responsibility to the Ascendancy."

Mitth'orn'eruod leaned forward, as he placed his hands before him and interlaced his fingers. His manner remained calm, but there was a level of vulnerability behind his red eyes. He only hoped Brask'ari'sabosen felt the same way...

"However. In light of both our new positions in life, the lack of influence from the Ascendancy and our freedom of choice beyond our Houses and responsibilities, I would like to formally express my interest in pursuing your favor with courtship. I was shortsighted in my diligence to our people in the past on a personal level, and believed I had lost you over these long years, though a second chance has been presented and I refuse to ignore this eventuality as exactly that: a second chance."

With a slow movement, Mitth'orn'eruod reached out with his hand to the middle of the table, as he sought Brask'ari'sabosen's own hand. If she returned the gesture, he would know. And if she did not, he would also know.

"Your House never made you desirable to me. You made you desirable to me. In every conceivable way. And I... hope... you feel the same way, as I remain abdicated from my own House for the foreseeable future, for the sake of improvement and stability of this region of the galaxy."

Mitth'orn'eruod clenched his jaw, his vulnerability presented, and his fate to be determined...

Karisa Karisa

Karisa

6rVLoR2.png

Café
Avalonia, Dosuun

"Thank you for your kind and encouraging words, but most of all your understanding, Mitth'orn'eruod. Your approval means a lot to me, always has," Ari acknowledged with a small smile, though she still felt ashamed at her family's downfall and the circumstances that led her to have to seek a crimelord's help and make a deal with the murderer of their people on Copero, well more importantly her companion's family to be more exact as the planet was House Mitth's homeworld; all that in order to eke out an existence outside of Chiss space and away from the Ascendancy.

But if he could forgive her for these indiscretions, perhaps she could do so herself, perhaps.

After his order was placed with the waiter, her question regarding children and a significant other caught him off guard. A rather confused look flashed across his chiseled blue-hued face for a long moment, then he figured out why she had asked in the first place.

"Oh... OH," Ari exclaimed as the realization of his correction hit the doctor like a ton of bricks. There was a slight tinge of heat felt on her cheeks. "My apologies for my misunderstanding. I just assumed, yes the word bonding threw me off... I am happy you have found a trusted brother within the First Order. We all need support like that in our lives."

Brask'ari'sabosen's had always been her sister by marriage, though she and Sentiri Sentiri were prone to long periods of time not speaking to one another as their life paths always seemed to take them in very different directions.

The words that came from Mitth'orn'eruod's mouth next completely took Brask'ari'sabosen by surprise. The man had declared his intentions affirmatively and asked permission to formally court her. The Chiss doctor's heart raced and the breath in her lungs hitched for a moment. Was this a dream or for real? She bit the inside of her cheek as a slight panic came over her, but then a sense of calm settled her mind as their eyes met. How could she refuse? It was always what she'd wanted, but couldn't have until now...

Brask'ari'sabosen only hesitated for a moment before placing her small hand into his larger one, then a warm smile reached her crimson orbs. "Yes, I will gladly accept your proposal of courtship, Mitth'orn'eruod. I have always held a special fondness in my heart for you, and still do to this day," Ari replied with a joyful glow illuminating her features.

"You know, humans say good things come to those who wait. Well, this has been a long time in the making between the two of us... And I for one look forward to experiencing the rewards for our patience," she winked slyly just as the waiter walked up with their drink order.

Last edited:

Matt the Radar Tech

Cafe
Avalonia, Dosuun

6rVLoR2.png

Mitth'orn'eruod couldn't help save flash a small smile at the misunderstanding over Captain T'Orus, a man whom the Chiss would trust his life with, but who at present was the subject of a very amusing situation. Still, there were considerably more important things to concern himself with, as Mitth'orn'eruod waited for his companion to respond to his words of their possible courtship. What surely was moments felt like years, as the Captain held Brask'ari'sabosen's gaze and kept his hand outstretched. It was a unique sensation, being so open to rejection, and one that Mitth'orn'eruod had never quite experienced to any great degree in his life. That said, he was capable of compartmentalization, so if the worst were to occur then the Chiss would accept Brask'ari'sabosen's decision and finally lay that part of himself to rest.

And then her hand was in his.

With a glance down, Mitth'orn'eruod looked at Brask'ari'sabosen's smaller, delicate hand. Her slender fingers felt warm in his larger ones. The Captain tightened his hold, as he watched their hands clasp and join through touch, and for the first time in a long time Mitth'orn'eruod felt a warm sensation in his chest. Hope, perhaps, or maybe even love. The moment was still too present to think on it logically, since now was the time for emotional reaction - something Mitth'orn'eruod was very, very out of practice with. But he would try, he would adapt. For Brask'ari'sabosen. He would embrace the moment and let it go how it would.

She spoke. He listened.

Mitth'orn'eruod looked back up to Brask'ari'sabosen, as she agreed to the start of the relationship, and even shared her own fondness. With the ability to see into the infrared and other visual spectrums, Mitth'orn'eruod saw the increase in his companion's warmth, particularly her face. He smiled. It would likely be an expression Brask'ari'sabosen would experience far more often, as Mitth'orn'eruod worked toward opening himself to her and connecting on a level beyond the rational, logical and professional. Thankfully, they both had developed similar feelings over the years, so there was a place to start from.

Oh?

Brask'ari'sabosen's mention of the common human saying surprised Mitth'orn'eruod, as he watched her wink with mischievous intent, as the waiter arrived. The Chiss cleared his throat, as he glanced to the human with the drinks, and watched them placed down. Then, once the waiter turned and continued about his business, Mitth'orn'eruod looked back to Brask'ari'sabosen and raised his eyebrow as he regarded her with his cool red eyes...

"Yes, humans are quite adept at creating a range of idioms," Mitth'orn'eruod said in a low voice. His own expression became more playful, as he leaned forward and started to trail his fingers up Brask'ari'sabosen's wrist and forearm. He stopped when he couldn't reach further, but played with her arm gently. "And that one seems very appropriate to us. We have been incredibly patient. And I, for one, want to experience everything with you from this point onward... everything. One moment--"

Mitth'orn'eruod pulled back at that point, as he reached down and lifted his chair beneath him. He shifted around the table edge, so that he was seated beside Brask'ari'sabosen, as close as their individual chairs allowed. His pant leg pressed against her knee, before the Captain reached over for his drink and brought it up before him, presented to Brask'ari'sabosen.

"A celebratory drink at this juncture is appropriate, by human standards. To patience, to second chances, and to us..."

Mitth'orn'eruod lifted the glass edge to his lips and took a mouthful of the beverage. It tasted horrible, but the moment more than made up for that. He also tried not to find humor in the fact Brask'ari'sabosen's toast beverage would be caf. But surely it was the moment and people involved that counted. Mitth'orn'eruod continued to sit upright beside her, his free hand once again found its way onto the table near Brask'ari'sabosen. In some ways, the toast was also considered a declaration for Mitth'orn'eruod, as he purposefully avoided any mention of the Ascendancy or Houses; this would be their future, to pursue as they wanted, without control from their own leaders for selfish gain.

"This is most pleasant. I have missed you, Brask'ari'sabosen, very much."

There was more to discuss, but Mitth'orn'eruod wanted to enjoy the moment a while longer.

Karisa Karisa

Karisa

6rVLoR2.png

Café
Avalonia, Dosuun

The tantalizing touch of Mitth'orn'eruod's fingertips tracing a path along the flesh of her uncovered forearm sent chills down the Chiss doctor's spine. Brask'ari'sabosen's imagination had no bounds or filter anymore it seemed as it went straight into overtime pondering just how wonderful that would feel over her entire body... And it didn't help that the man mentioned looking forward to experiencing everything with her from this point onward with the emphasis on everything.

Oh my...

"Mhm... As I," Ari responded in a whispered breath as her crimson orbs followed Mitth'orn'eruod's form as he stood suddenly from his chair, then moved over to sit closer in what could only be categorized as an act of spontaneity.

It was very uncharacteristic of her Chiss companion of yesteryear, but nonetheless she liked this new side of him. After all, it was just the two of them now. They were accomplished adult Chiss and there was no House or doctrine controlling their every move anymore, only that the now couple would agree upon during their courtship and into their future marriage if all went well. Again, this was so surreal to think after all this time they would just find each other and rekindle the spark like that.

It is because the wick of the flame was never completely snuffed out. It simply just needed a chance to reignite, hotter and brighter it would seem this time...

The intimate touch of his leg against her knee under the table and Mitth'orn'eruod closing the gap between them for a toast confirmed what she had suspected. There was definitely deep attachment or love to some degree for each other. She had always respected and admired the Chiss beside her. And, had thought about how it would be if and when they were together as one. It had been a major disappointment when Mitth'oru'sabosen had decided against an arranged marriage between his daughter and the Noble Son of House Mitth. And now she knew the truth it had all been for a typical Chiss power move within the Ruling Families. It had cost him his life and her future happiness with the man she had wanted to share a dutiful life with and to love and cherish to death do them part.

Oh Father, how could you?! I hope you will give me the blessing I deserve from you as Mitth'orn'eruod is an honorable man and I intend to be his wife...

Brask'ari'sabosen grabbed the hot drink in front of her and raised it as well. "Yes, and may our reunion bring much joy and contentment as the years go forward," she smiled brightly, then tapped the caf mug gently against his glass and took a sip of the steaming milky tan liquid.

After their toast, Brask'ari'sabosen was so inclined to slip her arm around his that was resting upon the table. She then entwined their fingers together as lovers might and leaned in closer to rest her dark head against his.

"It is... I too have missed your company as well, Mitth'orn'eruod, more than you will ever know. Please, do not ever leave me again."

Last edited:

Matt the Radar Tech

Cafe
Avalonia, Dosuun

6rVLoR2.png

"I am glad, truly." Mitth'orn'eruod said after Brask'ari'sabosen had accepted the interest. Mutually they shared it. A weight lifted off the Chiss' shoulders, as the uncertainty of the situation played out in the best possible manner, and the celebration toast was shared. "And yes. To many, many years together."

Mitth'orn'eruod enjoyed the moment. It had been a long time coming, after many struggles, and they both deserved a time to simply be. When Brask'ari'sabosen shifted and wrapped her arm through Mitth'orn'eruod's own, he looked down as her hand sought his again, to which he entwined his fingers with her own. It was different from the standard, but a good different. The closeness felt right, especially when Brask'ari'sabosen rested her head against Mitth'orn'eruod's.

She smells just like I remember.

For most of the Chiss' life, he had been reluctant to form attachment or emotional connections. It wasn't only his choice, the Chiss culture encouraged logic over feeling, and with a military career as a defining feature Mitth'orn'eruod knew it was a dangerous path. The enemies of the Chiss were numerous, lives were lost en masse through battle, and there was no guarantee of survival. So relationships tended to be for mutual gain between Houses, less about romance or personal connection.

After a while, Mitth'orn'eruod glanced his eyes down to look at the top of Brask'ari'sabosen's head, as he kept his cheek pressed to her soft hair. He smiled, as he muttered in a low tone. "This has been surprisingly simple without our Houses involved, yes? And here I had expected a long drawn out period for agreements to be reached and benefits to be gained assessed and balanced. Hah." He added the short laugh as the irony of it all struck home. The same approach would not have been possible in the Ascendancy, so in some ways the current situation had been a culmination of all the best outcomes to allow their pairing to finally proceed... and Mitth'orn'eruod had no regrets or doubts.

"Brask'ari'sabosen, you mentioned FIMS previously," Mitth'orn'eruod said, as he raised his head and took another sip of the dreadful popular drink. He looked down to try and catch his compani-- his lover's eyes. "Would that happen to be stationed with the First Order? Perhaps assigned to a vessel where you might be close enough that we could retire from our stations each night, together? If so, I dare say that could be an ideal appointment and one I could wholly support. If it suits you, of course. I will support any career pursuit you may have."

With a raised eyebrow, Mitth'orn'eruod knew what he asked was obvious. He very much wanted his partner to be close, so they could begin their lives together, while serving the greater good within the First Order's region of space. Yet, if Brask'ari'sabosen had other plans, Mitth'orn'eruod would support those also, it went without saying. Ultimately, they were bonded-bonded now, and no matter the circumstances it would not change...

"And yes, I promise, I will never leave your side."

Karisa Karisa

Karisa

6rVLoR2.png

Café
Avalonia, Dosuun

Right now, right here, being with Mitth'orn'eruod like they were was a dream come true, a little slice of heaven as humans say. Was it the way of the Chiss? No, but at this point, Brask'ari'sabosen didn't care. It just felt right to express her feelings for the man who had held her heart all these years. When her father announced he was in negotiations with House Cspala for an arranged marriage between her and the eldest noble son, she cringed. At that moment, Brask'ari'sabosen knew it would be for duty only and not for love. Of course, it was bittersweet how she was able to get out of it... That political power move by Mitth'oru'sabosen led to his demise as the leader of the Chiss Ruling House and his death along with any to which supported him.

But that was then, this was now with a second chance afforded the two Chiss. She wasn't about to squander it, nor either was he it seemed by his rather eager proposal for courtship that had been denied them before.

Brask'ari'sabosen tilted her head up and gazed into Mitth'orn'eruod's like crimson eyes as he looked upon her. They were glowing in a warm hue of red as he spoke. "Mhm... It has. I dare say I bet my father is probably rolling over in his grave right about now at the lack of deliberations by his hand, though I am pleased that we are calling the shots for ourselves and not the House Overlords.

While Mitth'orn'eruod took another sip of his drink, Brask'ari'sabosen did the same. The coffee was a bit bitter, but the sweet company made it tolerable.

"Well it makes sense for me to fall back to my born-skillset as a physician and surgeon so reenlisting in the First Imperial Medical Services seems the logical move to make at this time. It is what I do best just as you are a brilliant tactician and naval strategist," Ari stated, giving a sincere critique of the Mitth-born's noted major strengths.

"I do hope with my prior service that I may be able to have more input as to where I am to be stationed, but I will not know my reinstated rank or status until I speak officially with a representative. I concur that being assigned to your station, Mitth'orn'eruod, well it would make our shared life together most optimal indeed," she smiled with a hint of longing in those glowing orbs of hers for the man in her sights. After all, it wasn't like the two were starting a relationship from scratch. They already had a firm foundation of camaraderie and familiarity with each other. A friendship based on mutual respect... and affection as it were.

"So... I am curious as to your thoughts on how long this formal courtship should last before joining our houses as one?"

Matt the Radar Tech

Cafe
Avalonia, Dosuun

6rVLoR2.png

Mitth'orn'eruod found the quip Brask'ari'sabosen made about her father rolling in his grave amusing, though out of respect he resisted showing more than a faint smile, before he nodded. The pair shared a moment of drinking, before Brask'ari'sabosen continued, and explained the logical behind returning to the First Imperial Medical Services as a physician and surgeon. She also noted Mitth'orn'eruod's capabilities as a tactician and naval strategist, and though the compliment was received well, the Captain felt his skills paled in comparison to Brask'ari'sabosen's.

"I can see the logic, it makes perfect sense," Mitth'orn'eruod said as he put the glass onto the table, but kept a hold of it. With his other hand, he played his fingers against Brask'ari'sabosen's, enjoying the touch. "And truth be told, I feel your expertise is far more important than my own. You save lives with a deep knowledge of a range of species' biology, as you apply perfected aptitude on complex living organisms. I merely find creative ways to end a life, which is far simpler."

It was his opinion, at any rate. So highly regarded did he think of his partner. When Brask'ari'sabosen mentioned she hoped prior service would allow more selective input to location, Mitth'orn'eruod nodded. "I am more than content to contact the appropriate channels, in order to assist in that placement. I may lack the rank I am used to, being a Captain for the First Order and not an Admiral as I am within the Ascendancy, but I feel my contributions to the defense against the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium might yet hold some sway... if you would like for me to do that, of course?"

Whereas before, Mitth'orn'eruod would have decided a path, and simply taken it, now he would be required to seek opinions from Brask'ari'sabosen. They would be together, it was proper for both in the relationship to make collective decisions, and so the Captain would wait on her thoughts pertaining to both seeking the ideal placement. Still, Brask'ari'sabosen's smile was like the warmth of the sun on Csilla, and Mitth'orn'eruod returned it as he looked at her.

And then Brask'ari'sabosen asked how long til they would be joined.

Mitth'orn'eruod didn't react, at least not in any surprise or negative way. No, instead he remained where he was, his fingers continued to play against her own, and he considered as he looked ahead toward the evening outside the window. It was a simple, yet entirely and deceptively complex question, all at once. On the one hand, there seemed little time to wait; but on the other, a proper period of shared time together for suitability made sense. Yet, it had been almost ten years. And they had been separated for six of those, each under different pretenses that were incorrect.

Would time spent for suitability as a bonded couple be wasteful? Or prudent? Hm.

Perhaps it was time to simply be, to not look the maw in the event horizon, and to stop analyzing the process. A very difficult prospect for Mitth'orn'eruod to consider, truly, but maybe that had been the issue all along? Maybe his focus and priority had been a large part of the situation previous to the present, where the pair had found one another again... it was certainly a quandary that had no easy or even logical answer. Insofar as Chiss culture, the pair were in uncharted territory: they were joining their Houses from deeper emotion and love, rather than public or mutual gain.

"I... am ready, whenever you are, my love." Mitth'orn'eruod said slowly, before he turned his head to look at Brask'ari'sabosen again. He had used the romantic term because it was true. He did love her. And all it had taken had been a decade of missed opportunities, a perceived death, and a reunion of a most fortunate kind to conclude and realize that. "It would be beyond my honor and pleasure to join with you. For you to be part of House Mitth. Today, tomorrow, or a year from now... I am ready, and do not wish to waste more time than we have."

Mitth'orn'eruod squeezed Brask'ari'sabosen's hand, as he leaned close and kissed the top of her hair.

Karisa Karisa

Karisa

6rVLoR2.png

Café
Avalonia, Dosuun

"You also find ways to mitigate the loss of life as well, Mitth'orn'eruod... Your crew and ship for that matter. It is just as important as destroying the opposition outright. Without one intact, you can not achieve the other," Ari nodded knowingly.

Performing surgery was quite the same, especially when dealing with trauma. Sometimes less was more or visa versa to achieve the favored outcome. It all came down to what the risk/benefit ratio was for the action taken, and on rare occasions listening to one's gut over logic, which the Chiss weren't known for doing. Listening to the feeling had served Brask'ari'sabosen well in the past once or twice by using this human trait.

"Thank you for the offer to intercede on my behalf, Mitth'orn'eruod, but I must decline as I need to obtain a position worthy of my own merit. I would not want it any other way." It was the Chiss way and one she wouldn't compromise on.

When she inquired of Mitth'orn'eroud's thoughts on how their courtship should proceed and the timeline of when they might enter into the marriage aspect, it didn't surprise Brask'ari'sabosen that the Chiss zoned out and took a few moments to consider the pros and cons as only he could. After all, the naval officer was a very analytical man, almost to a fault.

She followed where his glowing red gaze went to as he deliberated within himself. It was evening now and the lights of the city gleamed off the snow that had fallen during the day as evident out the window of the cafe. Had they really been there that long? One wouldn't know by the level of their drinks... barely consumed.

After Mitth'orn'eruod had considered and formed an opinion on the subject, he finally replied with an answer quite sufficient. His words were touching, especially the loving endearment used. A warm feeling began to spread in Brask'ari'sabosen's chest in the vicinity of her heart. He loves me! Mother had hoped I would be fortunate to find it someday as she had with Father.

"As would be mine, my dearest," Ari answered in like as her crimson orbs met his after he'd kissed the top of her dark head and squeezed her hand tenderly.

Brask'ari'sabosen's eyes seemed to want to mist in happy bliss at this moment, but that was not the Chiss way. She blinked a couple of times, then continued. "Orn... My heart is so full of joy right now that it would definitely say today. But, my cooler head says we should wait until I get my commission reinstated and I am settled more into the First Order as I have just arrived. Perhaps a three-month courtship would be prudent then... just to make sure we are indeed compatible, though I doubt very much that we are not."

Matt the Radar Tech

Cafe
Avalonia, Dosuun

6rVLoR2.png

Mitth'orn'eruod respected Brask'ari'sabosen's choice to seek the position in FIMS by her merit and experience. His offer had been supportive, he held no resentment or insult for it being declined, as the Captain expected no less from someone as unequivocally remarkable as Brask'ari'sabosen. No, instead the pair continued with the conversation, and were soon in the process of discussing the specifics of the courtship between them. There had been a brief moment of hesitation when Mitth'orn'eruod had considered his usage of the term love, but the reassurance in response from his partner brought a degree of relief, so that apprehension dissipated quickly.

"Three months. That sounds perfectly reasonable, and allows us the appropriate interval to decide on specifics," Mitth'orn'eruod nodded to himself, before he leaned in to Brask'ari'sabosen a little more. "Housing, for example. Presently I am without a permanent residence, and am staying within a hotel until such arrangements could be made. However, it seems an opportune moment to discuss if you might want to streamline efficiency alongside myself, and see if we might find a residence? Together?"

Perhaps forward, perhaps not. Either way, Mitth'orn'eruod refused to allow more moments to slip through his fingers with the woman he cared deeply for. It had been such a long time, it almost felt as though there was missed opportunities to make up for. Not only that, but there had been another consideration on the Captain's mind, as he narrowed his red eyes in contemplation and thought about a certain human custom that seemed... romantic, but also a public declaration of intent and vow.

"Brask'ari'sabosen... not to seem too presumptuous or perfunctory," Mitth'orn'eruod said in a low voice, as he shifted so he could look at her with a curious gaze to his eyes. He felt the small increase in heart rate, a shift as his cognitive response hinted at a degree of nervousness, though the Captain's self-control kept those sensations largely at bay. "But would you be agreeable to us finishing these - clearly undesired - beverages, and took time to seek a shopping venue that provides the human custom of, I believe they are called, engagement rings? Obviously in the Ascendancy such a display of jewelry is not typical, however with my attempts to further study and understand human culture, perhaps it is something to consider given our proximity and lives within a human-centric region of space."

Mitth'orn'eruod wouldn't be upset if the less traditional custom was declined. It wasn't typical of Chiss, after all. Still, it was a consideration, though whether it held any real value on any kind of level for Brask'ari'sabosen remained to be seen. There was also the implication of ownership, as a sentient would be wearing a device of gold to display partnership to another, though humans who did so seemed to not mind too much. It was an interesting custom, either way, but one Mitth'orn'eruod would only indulge and explore if Brask'ari'sabosen felt the same...

Karisa Karisa

Karisa

6rVLoR2.png

Café
Avalonia, Dosuun

Brask'ari'sabosen was relieved that her suggested timeline for their courtship to end was deemed sufficient and well received by Mitth'orn'eruod. Maybe just a little too much by his own suggestion that perhaps they might streamline the merging of their two households now rather than later as to make their lives more efficient. She wondered if that was the only reason... It made the good doctor squirm inside just thinking about what that entailed. The Chiss fought hard to keep a mischievous uptick at the corner of her mouth from forming.

But, the man did have a point.

It would only be three months before their wedding and of that time probably less actually spent under the same roof with their respective duties. It wasn't like they were just shacking up like humans seemingly liked to do. Though, Brask'ari'sabosen had done so with the Chiss shipping tycoon called Malicar while serving a short stint as Black Sun's concierge doctor. It had been something she had done to survive after House Sabosen's intra-family coup left her homeless, exiled, and endeared to the crimelord who saved her on the night that Sposia went red.

"Yes, that seems a well-reasoned plan especially since both of us are staying in rather expensive hotels in the city at the moment and our timeline is very short to cohabitate outside of marriage," Ari answered with an agreeable nod, then she paused for a moment in thought. "Course, it might take some time to find adequate housing befitting your rank and status in the First Order to accommodate a spouse and any additional family that may come along from our merging... It might even make sense to cut our present rooms down to one right in that regard until which time we can move into a proper residence. I promise I do not snore nor walkabout in my sleep if you were at all wondering."

Okay, that was a rather brazen idea to propose, and the added personal details a bit much, but it was logical to a degree if they were seriously going to combine their lives here. There was actually quite a bit they knew of each other, but then again not. Time has a funny way of changing one's opinions and likes.

Mitth'orn'eruod next brought up traditions of the heart or rather human ones of those becoming engaged. Traditionally, Chiss exchanged a contract between parties to be agreed upon and signed, then another more formal one at the time of the contractually arranged marriage. The more prominent family of the two would get the better end of the deal. In this case, Brask'ari'sabosen would be marrying into House Mitth as her family was no longer a Ruling House and less prestigious than it was before.

If only we had joined all those years ago... With Mitth'orn'eruod's rising star and the Sabosen wealth and power of the time, things might be different for the Chiss of the Ascendancy, but alas, we are together now. And that is what matters most, right?

"I believe what you are referring to Mitth'orn'eruod is the custom of when a man purchases a gemmed ring such as one with a diamond, then he presents the intended woman with it in a kneeling position and as they say, pops the question. He of course gravels, I mean expresses how much he loves her embarrassingly so, then she acts surprised and accepts with a torrid of joyful tears and screams or declines graciously. Well, that is how it is done in the holo dramas," Ari chuckled softly, then continued. "The only jewels I have ever worn are those that were family heirlooms, mainly stately necklaces and matching earrings along with a tiara for formal occasions when I was First Daughter though I suppose they are all gone by now - Bartered off by the traitors most likely for favors amongst the new Ruling Houses as the Sabosen family star has come crashing down under their faulted control."

Brask'ari'sabosen closed her eyes for a moment as a well of emotion surfaced within. It still pained her for what was taken - dreams, a life, and a career of promise at the highest levels. Anger too at those that had wronged her side of the family and killed her father in cold blood out of greed and jealousy.

Pushing those wistful thoughts away, she reopened her eyes, crimson orbs staring into Mitth'orn'eruods with a tenderness etched in them. "I would like that if only to look and spend more time with you this evening. It's what lovers do, right? And that is what you are to me and always will be, Orn."

Last edited:

Matt the Radar Tech

Cafe
Avalonia, Dosuun

6rVLoR2.png

Mitth'orn'eruod raised an eyebrow as Brask'ari'sabosen hinted at, what he could only presume were, children from their coupling. Certainly a consideration, if a little soon for the Captain's comfort, but logical to assess at the juncture the pair found themselves in. Preparation for expansion within the family unit was expected, so it only made sense to include additional space, so as to not disrupt the household with another bout of moving and relocation. And Brask'ari'sabosen's suggestion they share hotel rooms, in the interim? Mitth'orn'eruod was both surprised - and intrigued - by the prospect, especially as the idea had come from his partner, which implied she was fully comfortable with the notion and implications that would follow it... as, obviously, a single dwelling between a couple involved a singular bedroom.

"Very agreeable," Mitth'orn'eruod said after a moment, as he nodded. "I admit, were this meeting to occur some years prior, I would not have expected such a motion from you, Ari... and yet, I cannot deny that I find it both refreshing and somewhat exciting. Perhaps in equal measure. But, nonetheless, I agree that there is little point in pontification, when we can simply do what is logical and see it done as simply."

So that was that. Both Mitth'orn'eruod and Brask'ari'sabosen would move into the same hotel room together. Whether tonight, or the next, or even some days later, there would be no more toeing the subject or wasting time; they were now a couple, they were to be married, their Houses - as they were - would be joined, and there was little remaining to consider save the future. In some ways it was a relief, as events would unfold in a likely manner that was able to be assessed and estimated, were Mitth'orn'eruod's thought processes accurate. They tended to be. So he foresaw few concerns or issues with taking such large strides so early, as Brask'ari'sabosen was the one he wished to be with.

He then listened, as Brask'ari'sabosen outlined the process of engagement, as by the human standard. It all sounded very detrimental to the man, who appeared to be the one taking all the risk, but far be it from the Captain to judge another culture's customs. It was all just an attempt to assimilate to some degree, anyway, so whether Brask'ari'sabosen or he saw it as anything beyond an experiment would prove a matter after the fact. Still, Mitth'orn'eruod could see the romanticism involved, the heart on the sleeve as it were, and how the chemical reaction of love might enhance the moment to result in a cognitive response of pleasure and excitement... it was very basic, in truth, but sometimes simplicity was the most appreciated value.

"Then I shall provide you with jewels to replace the ones lost, as a display of my affection for you," Mitth'orn'eruod said simply, as he smiled down at Brask'ari'sabosen. He would also endeavor to seek out the family heirlooms his partner had lost, to recover them, and present them to her at a later date. Clearly they meant something to her, and therefore it meant something to him. "I would certainly enjoy more time with you this evening, Ari, I could think of nothing better to occupy both my mind and heart with, truth be told. I will state, however, that I do not wish to finish this beverage...

"Shall we?"

Mitth'orn'eruod reluctantly pulled away from the embrace the two shared, as he reached into his pant pocket and produced a cred-chip. He placed it on the table, not caring as to the amount beyond the cost of the beverages. He stood, then rounded his chair, to pull Brask'ari'sabosen's own out as she stood. Then, with a pleasant expression on his face, the Chiss would wait for his bonded to prepare to leave and gather what she needed. He also offered his arm, should Brask'ari'sabosen wish to take it, before he raised his eyebrow and looked to her:

"Do you happen to know of any local jewelers? Were I to see a map, it would be different, but alas..."

Karisa Karisa

Karisa

6rVLoR2.png

Avalonia, Dosuun
Moving on from the café...

"Yes, I concur. Let us go forth and enjoy the rest of our evening," the good doctor nodded affirmatively, setting down the bitter mug of caf barely touched, then she slipped her arms back into the rust-red Burberry coat cradled around her shoulders. The Chiss then grabbed her hat with the pair of gloves stuffed inside before standing from the chair her newly betrothed was offering to pull out for her, mouthing an appreciative 'thanks' as he did. That thought made her heart feel full and warm. Who would have ever believed this day would turn out as it was.

After redonning the hat and gloves, Brask'ari'sabosen gladly placed her hand around the crook of the captain's offered arm as sweethearts might do, then the two blue-skinned near-human's made their way out of the café and onto the recently shoveled sidewalk.

"Hm, I believe there may be a jewelry store on the same street as the Regency Hotel where I am staying. I remember seeing an establishment with a storefront that had cases of gems on display while passing by on my way to the Life Day Tree. If I am not mistaken, that would be just around the block from here?"

They strolled along the sidewalk in silence for a moment, just enjoying the sights and sounds of the festive city while arm in arm, then Brask'ari'sabosen decided to clarify the matter to which they were talking about earlier in the café.

"You are correct, Mitth'orn'eruod... That young and rather naive Chiss, the one back on Sposia would never have made such a bold suggestion. I want you to know that I still believe in the ideals of the Red Flame very much so as they have been ingrained staunchly within me since birth, but I see them more as a guideline now than absolute obedience to our people's tenents of strict society," Ari conveyed hoping to instill continued confidence in her character before continuing.

"Unfortunately having been amongst the Outsiders as much as I have in recent years and some of them very rogue, I come to realize that one can still be a good Chiss and live up to the standards set forth. It just takes perseverance to stay the course and at times, yes, pragmatic compromise to survive. I am not proud of the things I have chosen to do in the latter regard, but it too has deepened my knowledge of the galaxy at large. I am certainly not naive anymore about a great many things," she finished with the smallest tone of mischievousness etched in her softly spoken voice.

"How do you see yourself now compared to before? And what does House Mitth look like in your mind's eye going forward since you are still one of the leaders, yes?"

Matt the Radar Tech

Walking Toward Regency Hotel
Avalonia, Dosuun

6rVLoR2.png

Mitth'orn'eruod enjoyed the feeling of being so close to Brask'ari'sabosen, as the pair walked from the cafe out into the cool air and street. There had been several logical agreements made at the table, which the Captain felt confident with, and even though the pace of events might have seemed odd to other sentients, it was agreeable to Mitth'orn'eruod. Chiss were pragmatic by nature, typically, and it had been a long time for the pair to toe the line of a bonding; and now, with the state of the galaxy being what it was, and the pair having freedom from the Ascendancy and its politics, it made sense.

Brask'ari'sabosen mentioned the location of a jewelry store not far from where she stayed, at the Regency Hotel. It wasn't far, the stock for purchase had caught her eye, and that meant Brask'ari'sabosen may have seen something she liked. It seemed a good opportunity to gain more understanding about her preferences and tastes, also, so Mitth'orn'eruod nodded.

"That sounds agreeable. I hope we can find something right for you, though judging by your recall of some items in the window, I would presume there is jewelry you sighted favorably? Do you have a preference of metal? Aurodium or phrik, perhaps?"

Mitth'orn'eruod had to admit there was an underlying zest in the opportunity to learn more about Brask'ari'sabosen. Certainly there was the public knowledge, as well as small details here and there from when they spoke outside of professional surroundings, but for the most part things had always been very proper. What was Brask'ari'sabosen's favorite color? Her favorite scent? Did she prefer one clothing brand over another, or did she have a preference on degree of public affection? Considerably more personal topics, but ones that Mitth'orn'eruod hoped to understand more fully in the following three months they had allowed to cohabitate.

The celebration continued around them, as songs and applause could be heard down the streets. Lights, movement, all manner of humans and near-humans mingled and smiled and otherwise shared the celebration for what it was. It was amusing, to a degree, that on a day that celebrated life, that a pair of wayward Chiss would find one another again, and begin a life together of their own. Perhaps it was fate, or statistical eventuality, but needless to say it seemed a good omen. Brask'ari'sabosen brought up a previous subject, a mention from the Captain, that she felt the need to clarify.

"I have begun to see humans and their nature in a more clear light," The Captain said slowly, almost diplomatically. He narrowed his red eyes momentarily. "I can say that spending six years surrounded by half a fleet of them, as given me a greater insight into how they act, think or do as they would. In some ways, I envy the spontaneous humans, but in other ways I pity them. Needless to say, I am still a Chiss in most every respect, I do not think it possible for me to be anything but... however, I feel that I have come to be more adaptive, perhaps some influence of humans has been gained, yet like yourself I still feel a state that involves the Red Flame principals as being integral to any kind of lifestyle. It just makes sense. To step away from such a state of living would be to invite all manner of trials and tribulations, so I also maintain adherence - for the most part."

Mitth'orn'eruod considered for a moment. He glanced down to Brask'ari'sabosen, one eyebrow raised, as he asked:

"You mentioned pragmatic compromise. How so? I would mention, if you feel that revealing a past you are not proud of will in any way dissuade me from our current course, you are mistaken. Logically, we both understand the galaxy did not stop for six years since Dosuun was attacked, nor did we simply remain in some semblance of stasis without action or consequence," Mitth'orn'eruod smiled to Brask'ari'sabosen, as he reached over with his free hand and placed it on hers. "In any case, I will come to know about things you have done, sentients you have known, and experiences you have gained... so there seems little relevance as to whether I know now, or later, and want to assure you there will be no judgment from myself.

"If you are comfortable telling me, of course."

There would be no pressure from Mitth'orn'eruod to force Brask'ari'sabosen to speak. If she felt compelled to share, it would be so, and if not then they would continue on their way to the jewelry store. So, to give his companion time to decide, Mitth'orn'eruod decided to answer a question from before, which seemed to be quite important...

"While you decide, allow me to answer you regarding House Mitth. Presently, yes, I am considered its' Speaker, as I am on a temporary transfer to the First Order military. How long that will be, I am not certain. So my position remains in the Ascendancy, until such time as I either return to Chiss Space, or step aside and allow another of my House to take the role - at which point, I would remain, well, wherever I would end up in essence." Mitth'orn'eruod inclined his head, as he shifted to one side with Brask'ari'sabosen to avoid another couple who walked past them. "I have yet to gain full details about the Houses' circumstances, but initial contact with my family has been... limited, at best, especially as the Chiss seem to have become even more isolated than previously, before the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium. I will keep trying to contact them, however, in order to establish the current state of House Mitth.

"Do you happen to know of recent events on Csilla or in Chiss Space, Ari?"

It does disturb me to know contact outside of that region is so limited, even to those of the same species, especially to myself as a Speaker of House Mitth...

Karisa Karisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom