Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Jedi and a Pirate Walk Into a Cantina (all welcome!)

Core Worlds
Abregado-rae
Moocher's Bluff Cantina
Dusk

"Because you cheated," said Captain Jack Sparrow, Senator of Kashyyyk, calmly. He had just placed one worn leather boot on the table, and was waving a blaster casually in the direction of a very cranky-looking Shistavanen.

"Cheat? I? You insult the Bloorjek family with your talk of cheating!" blustered the wolf-like creature, his red eyes glaring.

"You've got a magnet in your right hand, mate," said Jack. "You used it to flip my sabacc card. You just dropped it on the floor. And now you just kicked it under the next table. And if your hand moves any closer to the holdout blaster in your boot, I'm going to be forced to put a hole in your chest, which, let's be honest, is going to make it much harder for you to breathe."

As the insulted and clearly guilty member of the Bloorjek family raised his hands slowly, Jack allowed himself a glance to the table next to his. Putting his boot back on the floor, he called out, "Oi, friend, do us a favor, would you? Could you pick up the magnet box laying next to your left foot and flag down a floor guard for me? I've got me hands full at the moment. Good man."

The man in question was a handsome fellow with a square jaw, intelligent eyes, and a lightsaber. The third thing made Jack want to conclude his business as quickly as possible, as he had little trust for any of the magic-using types, but this one wasn't covered in black tattoos or black makeup or a black suit of black armor, and discordant music didn't seem to be following him, so the pirate hoped he'd be clear of trouble, for the time being at least.

He was, of course, wrong.

[member="Julius Sedaire"]

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

Out of all the people in all the musky bar areas, sometimes it seemed the most in control were either the drunkards, or the still and silent guards who did nothing until the questionable party members get a little too out of control. A woman in her young twenties, wearing the basic guard outfit, fit with a helmet and the nearly full body uniform was soon pulled to the troubling piece of alien. A few hand signs were delivered to see if the beast would leave without trouble. In the case of it, which wasn't a rarity when some people get kicked out of a cantina, there would have to be quick back-up or a well-skilled hunter.

Unfortunately, lacing only on luck, this woman wasn't confident of either of those properties. All hope laid in the alien's cooperation and some fancy talk held back from smart-mouths in the area.

Vulpesen let out a small sigh as he sipped at his drink, a Correlian Whiskey. Sometimes, it was nice to just get off planet, pick a random place, head into a random bar, and relax. And so, that's exactly what he had done with the full expectation of getting to rest. What he was not expecting to hear a rather familiar voice drifting across the bar. His one good ear flicked to the noise, picking up the pirate senator's conversation.

Last the man might have ever saw him, Vulpesen was a robe wearing jedi, naive and filled with hope. Now, while there was still hope to be found, his life view had changed to a harsher look on the galaxy, something that was only imitated by the changes he had physically undergone. Now, with the near predatory body of a full zorren and clad in his dark coat, anyone who didn't know his face would find it quite hard to tell that he was once one of the Jedi's most faithful. Once.

Returning to the present, he turned in his seat, his tail flicking up to pop his hood over his face. He remembered Jack's dislike of force users, and even if they hand't met often, there was still a chance he would recognize the white streak in his hair. And thus, he was content to stay hidden for now, simply watching to see what would happen between the human and the lupine cheater.

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

Jack was sitting in the more darker part of the bar watching trough his hair, he had a glass of Rom on his right hand a cigarette on his left as he inhaled a little bit of smoke before slowly breathing it out forming a small smoke cloud, his lightsaber was resting beside him since he did not need to worry, many though it was a walking staff, though if there was a force user near by that would be different, though he did not care much as he took a small sip from the Rom as he yawned. He had not killed anyone for days now and it made him extremely bored, Jack cracked his neck twice as he looked out the bar, he then felt something, another force user perhaps? He looked around noticing a man in a dark coat looking over at two men Playing some game, Jack then kept his eyes at the man with the dark coat as he grinned, maybe he could actually have some fun on this planet. After all he lived for the chaos and killing.

Julius was several drinks into a long and relaxing night amongst the seedier personages of life. And really, that was just how he preferred it in truth. Some in the Alliance were getting far too uptight for his tastes, and one needed to blow off steam once in a while working for such folk. Their ideals were laudable, if a bit lofty, and definitely worthy it was true. However, some of their methods were getting beyond the point of tedium to outright blind dogmaticism, and so while he was still on their front-lines and still fighting the good fight, he had drifted a bit back to the old ways from his time in the Outer Rim. Only with less illicit drugs and more gun running for the Corellian Resistance and Green Jedi. Something had to be done for things, after-all.

That was when he heard the voice that utterly disturbed his concentration on the fine dark ale in front of him.

"Oi, friend, do us a favor, would you? Could you pick up the magnet box laying next to your left foot and flag down a floor guard for me? I've got me hands full at the moment. Good man."

The rogue Jedi reached down, and hefted a magnet box that was indeed next to his left foot. But rather than flagging down a guard, he merely stood up. The hilt of his lightsaber rather obviously flared in vision at his hip. As well as the Corellian Jedi Credit dangling from within his shirt at his neck. There was a certain air of casual disinterest laced with disapproval as he waggled the hand containing the magnet box at the offending party with a chastising note to his voice. One finger in the hand holding the box pointed at the accused, and his over-the-nose arched brow look radiated a bemusement at the one accused that was not reflected in his eyes, which were rather narrow and irritated.

"Now see, this is not how we act as reasonable sorts, sir... We don't use magnet boxes. Nor do we use several other devices I bet you have in you shirt, pants and Force knows where else. I know you're nervous, you don't have to admit it.. Though I really wouldn't reach for that hold-out blaster you're toting, I can see you want to, but believe me... It is not wise at all... Now, this can be resolved easily, and without guards. Concede the game. Let this fine gent here collect his winnings. And, you get up, go out through that door and don't bother us here again. And if you do decide to leave, and then try to return.. Well.. I've cut down more and deadlier men than your thug self could hope to command or ever be, and I really don't think either of us wants to see how out-classed you are, but if you come in here guns-a-blazing like you're thinking of leaving and then coming back and doing, you won't be leaving here again a second time... My word as a Jedi Knight... One chance friend... One bit of mercy, because I've drank enough to feel nice."

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

Dek Bloorjek the guilty Shistavanen sneered at Julius, his teeth bared, fingering a cuff link nervously. "You two...you two are in it together, then?" His voice was raised. "Trying to steal from Dek Bloorjek? This...this outrage must not stand!"

"That cuff link's a comm link," said Jack from his seat. "I've seen them advertised in flight catalogs. 'Discrete and fashionable,' they claim. The fake aurodium plating's the giveaway, mate."

"F-f-f..." sputtered Bloorjek.

"Say it, mate, come on, you can do it."

"Fake?!?!"

Jack nodded. "Well done. Now. What I surmise is, you've summoned backup. The question is, how far away are they, and what can they do for you before my Wookiee First Mate rips your arm off?"

As if by magic, but in actuality just good timing, Dewkazza, First Mate of the Black Pearl, stepped from the refresher and strode up behind the Shistavanen, growling softly.

"Is a trap!" barked Bloorjek.

"Life's a trap, mate. Lures you in with promises of free food from the chests of loving women. Biggest hoax in the galaxy." He shook his head. To Julius, Jack said, "Mr. Bloorjek's reinforcements will be here shortly. Care to stick around?"

[member="Julius Sedaire"] | [member="Jack the Ripper"] | [member="Vulpesen"] | @La'kuus Quelin

Julius turned to the Shistavanen and smiled broadly, before a fist suddenly slammed into the cheats face. The punch echoed with an almost concussive Force, and the figure slammed back and into a bystander, who shoved the unconscious entity into someone else, and tried to punch the poor thing and wound up slamming a fist into the back of the head of a third person. A full scale brawl was erupting as Julius sat down, placed his bottle to the table, and gestured to the Captain to sit and join him.

"You surely don't have to. His friends will be rather angry, but unless it's a squad of hardened Mandalorians, we should be just fine. I hate if I ended a deep conversation with you, but I hate being accused of collusion to a criminal act so beneath my previous resume. I gun-run and fight Sith on Corellia... Not cheat at card games... He'll come round in probably 10 or twenty minutes, unable to talk at first. Guards should be here much sooner. So until then, shall we have a drink?"

The Jedi, if he could be called that, gestured about the cantina and grinned broadly as he poured himself a glass and sipped some rum, nodding as he pulled his lightsaber and placed it on the table in easy reach. The handgun he carried almost as often as it joined it next and he poured a second glass if Jack would want it.

"Trust me, those are not for you. Just in case our friends guards show up with ill intent in mind..."

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

"Don't mind if I do," replied the pirate and senator, moving over to Julius' table. As he sat, the body of a screaming Rodian sailed though air, causing Jack to duck instinctively, though he didn't bother to turn to see where the body landed.

The captain set his own blaster atop the table before reaching down to unbuckle his sword belt and place the vibroblade with the ancient, engraved hilt next to it and alongside Julius' weaponry. Picking up the offered glass, he raised it in salute to his host, and took a drink. "Lovely," he mused.

Just then, a scream tore through the room as Dewkazza made good on Jack's threat to pull Dek Bloorjek's arm off. This time Jack did look over, in time to see a holdout blaster tumble from the dead fingers of the severed limb.

"Well I did warn him, didn't I?" asked Jack.

An unconscious body bumped against the pair's table. Jack reached out with lightning reflexes and caught the wobbling bottle of rum before it could tip. "Oy, now, sacrilege!" he said to the form lying on the floor.

Raising his voice to be heard above the riot, Jack asked, "So what brings a Jedi to a place like this? The scintillating atmosphere?"

[member="Julius Sedaire"] | [member="Jack the Ripper"] | [member="Vulpesen"] | @La'kuus Quelin

Well this situation got interesting fast. Kalyn was at this particular cantina, and this... this was more interesting than she was expecting. Well its not as if she was suprised, she had seen weirder things. R-7 being a droid, instantly recognized the man sitting with the jedi who had just force punched someone as the senator of Kashyyyk, this was interesting to her, more contacts the better, but how not to look awkward introducing herself it is the question, she would have to think about it, so she just took a seat nearby and listened in.
[member="Jack Sparrow"]
[member="Jack the Ripper"]
[member="Vulpesen"]
@La'kuus Quelin

The Jedi Marli - Kran walked into the cantina. There he saw the Senator of Kashyykk and a few others talking. He thought nothing of it. In fact he admired the Senate and their affiliations. Running a Republic the size of the Galaxy isn't easy, neither is being a Jedi. He was here to keep a watch over the Senator just in case a Mandalorian attacked. He walked around the cantina keeping a eyeful watch over the Senator and watching for Mandalorians.

He walked over to the Senator.

"Marli - Kran Parlovi. Glad to meet you, Senator. Has your day been fine? How is the War on Roche? Does the Republic have the upper hand?"

He then focused his attention at a Bounty Hunter. He was ready to assemble his Lightsabers, but did not. If the Mando tried anything harmful to the Senator he would defend. Save the fighting for the Frontier on Roche, the fighting is unnecessary now.

"As a matter of fact, Senator. You don't have to answer those last two questions. The Republic are the power in the Galaxy, not the Mandalorians."

He hoped the Mando would keep her cool. He wouldn't want to turn the Cantina into a full out war between the Republic and the Mandalorians.

[member="Kalyn Skirata"] [member="Jack Sparrow"] [member="Julius Sedaire"]

Poro

Poro want a Poro Snack!
[member="Marli - Kran - Parlovi"] | [member="Kalyn Skirata"] | [member="Jack the Ripper"] | [member="La'kuus Quelin"] | [member="Vulpesen"]

As the cantina devolved into yet another bar brawl, a man ran up to a jukebox and reached in his pocket for a credit chit. He then slid it into the machine and started playing a fitting song in the cantina before grabbing a bottle and going at it himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN9jTnxv0RU

Poro the valiant scavenger was climbing around on top of the ceiling rafters. Searching for his next meal, he soon found that there was only one table in the whole cantina that had food, drink and calm inhabitants. He jumped from the ceiling onto the table occupied by [member="Jack Sparrow"] and [member="Julius Sedaire"]. He bounced once and then face planted to a stop. He accidentally rolled onto his back and his little legs wiggled around like a caterpillar as he tried to get back onto his legs.

Finally, he gained enough momentum and flipped on top of his tiny paws. He immediately scurried over to a plate of half-eaten food. He sniffed and licked, but found that it was actually in poor taste. Seeing the bottle of rum and a nearby shot glass, he grabbed the shot glass with his mouth, dragged it over to the bottle of rum, set down the glass, looked, smiled and panted up at Jack Sparrow and tapped the edge of his shot glass with his tiny paw in great hopes of quenching his thirst.

Well as it seems everyone interesting was showing up at that table, why wouldn't she make her entrance right about now, now there was no excuse not to. Telling he trusty droid companion to follow her, she walked over to the table, she had not brought her armor, didnt need it, and the only weapon she had on her was her revolver the Peacebreaker as she liked to call it, and yet none of the barfight participants dared fight her, she just had a certain prescense at bars, the kind of vibe as a person that you'd like to know, but one you don't want to mess with. She then walked up to the table.
"Why hello gentlemen, why you seem to have quite an interesting table here. Kalyn Skirata, and this little droid here is R7, nice to meet you." She said leaning on the table in a casual manner.
[member="Poro"]
[member="Marli - Kran - Parlovi"]
[member="Jack Sparrow"]

The Man in The Back

T
The man walked into the cantina. The song "Ballroom Blitz" was playing. Perfect, he thought with a smirk. His eyes were as red as a slug. He tended to do that when he got excited. He started groovin' into the back. He leaned up against the wall. He was about to crack. He couldn't take it anymore. It was like lightning, but the music was soothing, and then he started groovin'. He then smirked once again, this time looking at a pirate sitting down. The pirate looked at him as well. He then said,

"Everyone attack."

Marli - Kran looked at the Bounty Hunter as she scurried her way over to the table the Senator was sitting by.

"Nice to meet you, Ms Skirata. I am a Jedi, and this is the Senator Of Kashykk. He and the Republic have been in an ongoing war with the Mandalorians."

He was becoming more suspicious of the Bounty Hunter. She knew he was part of the Senate, and that's why she bothered to walk over. She was a Mandalorian.

Marli - Kran put his hand on his lightsaber just in case anything happened. He would not strike her down first as was not the Jedi Way, and it leads to The Dark Side.

[member="The Man in The Back"] [member="Kalyn Skirata"] [member="Jack Sparrow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom