Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Hunt of a Different Kind

It takes credits to get help these days. And in my case with my position, it also takes bribes. Not everyone that I have met while I solidify my position on the Board of Directors have been on the up and up. But that is a benefit of being on a planet that is flying no other banner but it's own. Our dealings are unrestricted.

In light of that I had been granted access to the darker corners of the holonet. It is there that I may find some answers or at the very least get in touch with those that I could benefit from.

It is very bold and reckless of me, yet I still tread with caution. I read a few stories about a curious droid that hunts a certain type of prey. How very interesting. He could be useful.

Already I form an alternate reason for his arrival should a meeting take place and it be questioned. Afterall, there was an attempted kidnapping of myself not that long ago. Followed not long after by an attack on Ilic City with some shipments of biomolecules being stolen.

Time is precious however, and I can only search through this darkness for so long before it is discovered by my adversaries. And so I quickly draft up and send an advertisement of sorts that will hopefully entice the droid to come and find me. Do droids need credits? Probably not. However biomolecules and their uses may prove interesting to him.

Tag: Percival Io Percival Io

It was a time of relative peace, and Percival had grown restless.

Fighting was what he had been made for. He craved battle. But with no more wars to wage, he had to seek out combat on his own. House Io had developed enough of a reputation that many governments and organizations were unwilling to employ a mercenary tied to an infamous "terrorist" group. So while Percival did not advertise his services, he did search the darker corners of the Holonet, looking for job offers suited to his unique talents.

That was how he found the ad. It seemed almost tailor-made to hook him, almost to the point where he thought it might be a trap. The reward was a little unusual - biomolecules rather than credits. He was vaguely familiar with the substance, enough to know that they were rare and valuable. But the reward wasn't what interested him. He wanted to know who was trying to get his attention.

An anonymous message would arrive in her inbox: I am the droid you're looking for. Where would you like to meet?

I read the reply over and over. It is simple, straight and to the point. Where to meet? I ponder on that for a minute or two. It must be somewhere private and my office or apartment would not suffice! A restaurant would not do either, for this is a droid that I am looking to hire. They do not eat.

Finally I settle on a place; which is one of the warehouses next to a few of the labs. I type in the co-ordinates in my reply along with a respectful note about the biodomes and the passcode for a quick entry. Then I send the message off.

I'll not need to pass the time waiting, for as soon as that passcode is used; I will know to depart for the warehouse. It is like a signal for me in it's own right. Or at the very least an alarm. I can only hope that tall tales and stories do not abound as much on the darker holonet as the normal one that everyone has access to.

That answer will come to me soon enough. Upon his arrival.

Percival studied the coordinates. It led to a warehouse on New Cov, a planet which was best known for its biomolecule exports. Figures.

He set out immediately. Even in a starfighter as fast as his, home was hidden in deep space, so he had a considerable distance to travel from there to New Cov. The journey took nearly two days.

The starfighter's autopilot, a quirky AI with the voice of someone he... knew, tried to entertain him during the trip with conversations on various topics. But Percival didn't have much interest in talking, and the familiarity of her soft-spoken voice depressed him. He passed the time reading, and thinking.

New Cov was an interesting world. The native inhabitants stayed in their carefully maintained domed cities, protected from the harsh and violent jungles beyond. Percival entered one such biodome, and from there made his way straight to the spot where he was designated to meet his mysterious client. He had no need to find accommodations, after all.

Parking nearby, he approached the warehouse with a healthy amount of caution, checking for traps or other signs of treachery. At this point he had no idea who or what he was dealing with, and he didn't like being caught by surprise.

At the warehouse door, he input the codes she had given him. The door slid open. He looked around the inside. No traps. Nor was there anyone else there besides him. Not yet, anyway. Her note had mentioned she would arrive shortly after him...

Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

The notifications start to arrive of my impending guest. One thing is for certain is that the biodomes never allow for surprise visits. Even invading forces would have to breach the domes first before gaining entry.

I collect a couple of my guards, and with me we all travel in a landspeeder to the designated warehouse. A small starship sits nearby. I can only guess that my guards are putting it's appearance to memory for the future. One can never know who would switch sides, afterall.

With my two guards flanking me, I exit the speeder and make my way to the warehouse. My guest does not appear to be outside, so I open the door and walk in. It may be a bit bold of me to walk in first, but as far as I am aware I am not under any threat.

There is only one person inside. I dip my head in greeting. "Are you the droid that I am looking for?"

The door opened. Percival turned and found himself standing face to face with an attractive and stylishly dressed young woman. The light from outside shone behind her like a corona, making her silvery hair appear golden. Then her two bodyguards flanked her, their bodies blocking out the light and creating long shadows along the floor.

Percival scanned their faces and searched for a match on the Holonet. Within seconds, he had confirmation: the woman was named Liin Terallo. She was a Junior Member of the Board of Directors for NCBC, the company which produced New Cov's biomolecules. Moreover, this was the real Liin Terallo and not some impostor posing as her. His high-tech scanners would've picked up on the minute inconsistencies of a holographic disguise or makeup and prosthetics.

The question was, what would someone like her want with someone like him?

"Are you the droid that I am looking for?"

"I am," he said, standing up a little straighter. "What exactly do you want from me?"

I can tell that he is studying me. The short pause and stare of his indicates that. Perhaps he is looking for weapons on me or something else entirely? I cannot be certain unless I ask. But that would be rude.

I step further inside to approach him. In some respects I am studying him as well, albeit in my own limited way. "I am Miss Terallo. I am not like most others in the Galaxy. In fact I do believe that I am somewhat a part of a distinct minority. But I am working on a way to fix that.

From what I have read, you seem to have acquired a skill that can be helpful. If it is true. Do you hunt Force Wizards? Or is that just some tabloid nonsense?"

Oh I do hope that it is not just a rumor.

She introduced herself as Miss Terallo. “Sir Percival, at your service,” he said, holding out his right, more human-like hand. If she accepted the gesture, instead of a handshake he would lift her hand to his lips. The crystal ring on her finger would not glow in his presence—on the contrary, it would seem to grow dull, losing some of its natural luster.

Ah. She doubted him. He understood that. Part of his efforts to throw the curious off his trail had involved constructing an alter ego which was markedly different from his old self. He had taken to wearing his late brothers' dandyish clothes, altering his features, and so on. The result was more eccentric than threatening at first blush. At least, until he showed his talents as a killing machine.

I was built to hunt ‘Force Wizards’, as you call them,” Percival replied, one corner of his mouth curling upwards in a half-smile. “Their powers cannot touch me, for I am dead to the Force. And I have many tools and skills at my disposal which I use to thwart them.” He raised an eyebrow. “Are you looking to have someone killed?

I place my hand in his and give a small smile as he kisses it upon his introduction. It is nice to encounter a gentleman for a droid. It is the complete opposite that one might expect of a droid with such a profession as his own. And he even affords himself a title. How quaint and lovely.

I listen to him as he affirms his skills. I certainly do not need to see them tested in person. But dead to the Force? That is something that I have not heard of before. More than likely it is because he is a droid. There is much that I need to learn.

"I am not looking to have anyone killed at this moment, no. Nor do I have any specific individuals in mind. But I do seek Force Wizards for a study that I am undertaking. Jedi, Sith or whatever there is inbetween. It does not matter. Just so long as they are Force Wizards and subdued, that is enough. If they are injured during capture, that is quite all right for are facilities to accomodate that here.

I am willing to offer you some biomolecules or an array of our products that contain it. Is this agreeable to you, Sir Percival?"

To make such a proposal is quite a bit out of my league. I can only hope that that is not evident, or else he could try to walk all over me.

Though she was clearly doing her best not to advertise her naivete, Percival could tell that she was unused to making these kinds of deals. Not because she seemed guilty or hesitant, but because she was overcompensating, trying to appear more confident than she really was. As if her conscience were still needling at her. Someone more experienced would be a lot colder and more calculating.

Still, her project sounded very interesting, and the fact that she wouldn’t require him to discriminate between Sith and Jedi was especially gratifying. She’s a girl after my own heart, he thought with a faint smile. “I will accept your offer,” he said. “And I’ll take the biomolecules.

The fact that he wasn’t fussing over the particulars of how many biomolecules he would get for each Force Wizard he brought in or any other specifics indicated that he didn’t really care about the reward. No, he was in this for the fun of it.

Is there anything else, Miss Terallo?” he asked, a merry gleam in his artificial eye.

Oh he is a pleasant one! I am more than used to negotiations going back and forth when it comes to trade deals. But with this, Sir Percival accepted my offer outright! Luck must be on my side today.

He asks for nothing more than the biomolecules themselves, and that is quite all right. There is no doubt in my mind that he could find uses for them on his own. He could repair any damage to his body and even strengthen the metal within. Or he could just sell them on the black market for a much bigger profit. It did not really matter to me. I am used to them being in abundance while the Galaxy is not.

"Do you expect a down payment? Or anything from me before you begin, Sir Percival? And keep in mind that I am not working on a tight deadline. Just send me word when you have collected someone and I will meet you for the exchange." I fully intend for the exchanges to happen here. And with New Cov being in neutral space, there is less of a chance of him being followed. At least according to my own humble imaginings.

"Do you expect a down payment? Or anything from me before you begin, Sir Percival?"

That will not be necessary,” he replied. “I do not think you are trying to cheat me, but even if you were, that would be… a mistake.” His pleasant smile returned. “I enjoy my work. That is enough of a reward, though the biomolecules will be useful afterwards.

"And keep in mind that I am not working on a tight deadline. Just send me word when you have collected someone and I will meet you for the exchange."

Certainly. Oh—how many Wizards would you like captured?” he asked. “I can keep it going probably indefinitely, but I wouldn’t want you to run out of space in which to hold them.

"I have no intention of cheating you, Sir Percival. It is not good business." Nor is it in my nature. My parents have taught me well.

As for his next question, I did not need much time to offer up an answer. "A half dozen to start, I believe. I will know more once the team is in place to secure them and the facilities are organized. If successful, there will be a major expansion." And of that I am certain, which is why I have already looked into what such an expansion would look like.

How long this will go before it is discovered, I do not know. Yet I am hopeful that it will remain a secret for a very long time.

It is not good business. Percival smirked to himself. Perhaps Liin was more ruthless and pragmatic than her angelic appearance suggested.

A half dozen it is,” he agreed. “Alive, if not unharmed. Jedi and Sith, male and female, young and old…

He bowed. “That is all I need for now. Thank you for giving me this opportunity, Miss Terallo.

"That is right. There are no limitations on them." And if this all goes according to plan, even children could utilize what I hope to make as soon as they are found to be Force Wizards. Instead of having the means to control the Galaxy, they will instead find themselves working for the Galaxy.

I dip my head in gratitude that matches his own. "You are most welcome, Sir Percival. I wish you much success on your tasks."

And with that I step aside to let him pass. There is more than one reason for me to choose to meet at this warehouse afterall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom