Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Heart of Silver..Cause Gold is Cheesy (Anemone's Entry RP)

Jack Rowland Clark

Grand Admiral, Second in Command of the Republic N
Jack had watched the LT burst in just as her name was called to speak. She did give a good last minute speech, but her incompetence that made her late did bring a smile to Jack's face.

Ben was not sure how to react to all of the hijinks that were going down in front of him. He was a Jedi and he really had no place to speak up, but the way the Admiral was talking, Ben wondered how he had been given the position in the first place. He noted the mans name and decided he would be talking to Darron who had a bit of pull when it came to these matters. While they were separate entities from the Republic, they still worked together, and Ben was not sure he enjoyed a man who would so openly scoff at fellow Officers of the Republic. He stood tall and did not speak as the Major and Colonel tried to reprimand the officer who seemed to think he was invincible. It was saddening to see someone of such a high rank act out in such a foolish way, but alas, there was nothing he could do.

Taking a mutual interest in Anemone, he followed her as she was taken to give her little introductory speech. Her excitement was nice for a change, a good change of pace from the usual gloomy attitude of everyone on these hangars. Ben tried his best to liven the spirits of people, but it was easier said then done, even with his ability to heighten the moods of people around him he could not constantly keep everyone in good spirits. He would constantly be meditating in his chambers and would never have time to accomplish anything on his own. It was a fools errand and the only way their spirits would be heightened is if they could somehow defeat this Omni threat. But even then it would go back to business as usual, fighting the Empire, and just generally trying to survive. What a life they all lived.

"A rousing speech," Ben whispered once she had stepped down from the podium. He had a grin on his face and he liked the attitude of the young Lieutenant. "You'll make for a great officer. Unlike the hot headed Admiral."

( Well, hope that works to get back in, sorry again!! I'll stop apologizing now, WU TANG )

@[member="Anemone Nivalis"] | @[member="Ben Watts"] | @[member="Jack Rowland Clark "]| @[member="Davin Jusik"]

Delila stood off to the side of the new Lieutenant, eyebrow raised slightly. To be young and fresh out of bootcamp or Academy. So idealistic. While the Major agreed the 73rd needed to dial back their deployments, the only person who had control of that was the General. However, Delila would let the Major try. Sometimes the best teacher was experience.

Waiting until the new Doc was finished, Delila took center stage again.

"Thank you Lieutenant Nivalis for that....interesting speech. Welcome to the 73rd" Delila paused for a moment before continuing. "One last reminder, any soldier who gets himself or herself in trouble on leave will be placed on restriction indefinitely. Dismissed"

The lights came back on at full power and soldiers started to file out. Delila was collecting her datafiles from the holoprojector and computer on the stage. Delila would be only taking one day off before coming back and prepping for the 73rds return. The Battalion had more training to go through, a new weapon had been released down their ranks and it was time to give it a go.

Anemone Nivalis

M.D., Expert Trauma Surgeon
Anemone took a deep breath as her heart finally came to rest. While she may have seemed stern and confident, she was more nervous than anyone would have thought possible. Her eyes glanced out over the the crowd of soldiers. As her eyes panned about, they came to rest on the Jedi from earlier, flashing him a slight smile that would go unnoticed by most everyone else. In her rush to begun her work, she had seemingly lost track of him. As the Major finished her speech, she'd hold up a single finger above her head, hoping to catch the Jedi's attention. It was her simple way of asking him to wait a moment.

With a rush in her step, Anemone hurried to the Major's side, her normal smile sprawled across her face. "Nice speech, Major. Though I have a suggestion I'd like to make. Instead of everyone reporting back in 48 hours, maybe they could be down for a bit more. They need time to heal their wounds. And no matter how many medics we get trained, if the numbers continue to drop like this, there won't be anything I can do to prevent it. And speaking of medics, while searching through the files, I found that we actually have a combat medic on staff. But, as of late, he's been used as a foot solider on the front lines. There's a change that could be made there that would more than likely reduce the number of casualties." In her short time on duty, Anemone had at least somewhat devised a plan for the unit. She wanted to impress those around, considering she was the youngest Officer on staff. It was a tall order, but she was willing to meet the task head on.

Just then, something popped into her head. "Ah, and there was one other thing. I received an odd notice while I was in my office. Something about a ship?.."

@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Jack Rowland Clark
@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Davin Jusik
@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Delila Castillon
@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Ben Watts

@[member="Anemone Nivalis"]

Delila had to admire the enthusiasm of her new Lieutenant. Very persistent, like a Corellian Sandpanther with its claws dug into its prey. Delila considered the Lieutenants words for a moment, while the young Doc had an excellent point, so did Delila. Two days didn't seem like much-because it wasnt. However, the 73rd would be doing nothing strenuous besides training for some time. There wasn't a deployment on their radar just yet.

"I appreciate the concern Lieutenant. However we are on a deadline for this weapons training. This will not be a strenuous activity. All soldiers who feel too injured to perform the training will be medically checked and allowed to sit out with no penalty. As for the combat medic, I cannot rotate them to the back of the line, death is normally waiting first thing when we arrive"

"Ship?Oh yes, we're getting our own. Quite exciting. I'm taking the day off tomorrow but I'll be in the next while everyone else is on leave. Just go over the plans and see if it meets your specifications for the MedBay. I have no idea what is needed."

Anemone Nivalis

Anemone stood speechless for a moment, a small sigh escaping her lips. She had honestly thought she had found a way to make a difference so soon. "There must be someway. I mean, if we pull him back, at least he could set up a CCP. Then he could at least being to administer treatment, which would reduce casualties. Which we honestly can't afford right now.I know taking the fight to the enemy is important, but there won't be a fight if we can't keep them alive." Anemone was willing to fight for this idea, just like any other she would have. The last thing she wanted was for anyone to be used as a bullet sponge simply because they knew death was possible in their situation.

"Ship?Oh yes, we're getting our own. Quite exciting. I'm taking the day off tomorrow but I'll be in the next while everyone else is on leave. Just go over the plans and see if it meets your specifications for the MedBay. I have no idea what is needed."

Anemone blinked, her expression doing a full turn around once she heard the words from the Major's mouth. "What? My..specifications?" She stumbled over her own words from the shock. She hadn't expected this. Then again, she hadn't expected anything that had happened on this eventful first day. Once again, she had been given more control over anything medically related. She understood that she was the only one on staff, but the surprise didn't wane. "Uh, Major? You do realize that I'm only a 2nd Lieutenant. A first day 2nd Lieutenant. Am I supposed to have this much..control?" She knew it was a dumb question, but she simply had to ask.

@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Delila Castillon

Jack Rowland Clark

Grand Admiral, Second in Command of the Republic N
"Yes, yes you are." Jack said as he walked over to the woman and handed her a folder "These are the personalized specifications for the Spirit of War 's medbay. I had it modified on account that the navy's usual set up is about as useful as nerf dung." Jack said as he took a step back. He thought that every ship should be fitted with his own personal take on the medbay set up, so it was only natural that he give the idea to the LT.

@[member="Anemone Nivalis"] | @Jack Rowland Clark

Delila blinked at the Lieutenant for a minute. Did the girl not hear her earlier? Maybe she had not made herself clear enough. About to explain the entire situation to the young Lieutenant, she was interrupted by Admiral Clark. At least he seemed in a slightly better mood for the moment. Probably because they were going on about a starship....Still, Delila would take it.

"Admiral Clark, something we agree on. I'm shocked, perhaps hell has frozen over"

Turning to Anemone for a moment, Delila continued on with what she was about to say before Admiral Clark came in to discuss the transport.

"Perhaps you did not hear me earlier Lieutenant Nivalis. You are our highest ranking medical officer. We have no one else. If this is too much responsibility I can send you to another Battalion and I can merely get a new Doctor from one of our Academies."

Anemone Nivalis

Anemone's smile suddenly dissipated as a certain voice reached her ears. Her head turned just enough to catch a glimpse of the hot-headed Admiral as he approached. Obviously, Anemone did not much care for the Admiral, given their first encounter. But this? This was even worse. A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she took the folder from him, scanning over the pages briefly. It was her own way of being polite. In truth, she had no intentions of allowing the Admiral to his way. Especially not with the Medbay on an Army ship. "I'll..take them into consideration. But these plans are..mediocre, to say the least."

She turned back to the Major, snickering slightly at the comment she made. However, her laughter came to an abrupt end as she was told she could be replaced. "T-that won't be necessary, Major! I was just...surprised is all! It's nothing I can't handle!" In truth, she was more than shaken. So much had been thrown upon her in such a short time. Anyone would be taken back, at least somewhat. Nonetheless, the young woman remained confident in her abilities. "Besides, you could get someone knew, but the chances that they'd be better than me are pretty much none. So, looks like your stuck with me." Brimming with pride in her own abilities, her lips curved into a smile once more. Hoping that her words would somewhat rub against the Admiral like sandpaper.

@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Jack Rowland Clark

@[member="Anemone Nivalis"]

Delila couldn't help but chuckle just a little at the Lieutenants reasoning. The Major had no intention of letting the new Doc leave the Battalion, it was simply more of a reminder she was chosen for a reason, so best to buck up and deal with it. So far, so good. The real test would hit once the Battalion got their feet wet on the battlefield once more. Either the Doc would toughen up and get the job done or sit in the corner, shaking like a leaf. Nothing against the Lieutenant, combat field work wasn't for everyone.

"Nice to know I didn't make a mistake. Carry on Lieutenant, you've got a bit to do with Admiral Clark"

With that, Delila left the assembly room to finish up a few things and start her own day off. Hopefully, nothing would happen, no one would coming knocking at her apartment door. Highly unlikely, but a girl could dream.

Anemone Nivalis

A small sigh escaped the young Lieutenant's lips as she glanced over toward the Admiral. "Please, don't remind me ma'am." She gave a small wave as the Major departed the stage, heading to enjoy her one night off. She gave a small wave as she left the area. "Have a good evening, Major." With that, she was now stuck with the narrow-minded Admiral. She turned to him, trying her hardest to not bolt out after the Major. Her mind could only wonder what, if anything, the Admiral had left to say to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom