Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Heart of Silver..Cause Gold is Cheesy (Anemone's Entry RP)

Anemone Nivalis

M.D., Expert Trauma Surgeon
She fiddled lightly the insignia on her uniform. She was a 2nd Lt. now. It seemed a bit surreal to her. Just a few weeks ago, she was a cadet at the Republic Military Academy. Today, was an Officer. Her lips curved into a light smile as she paced down the hallway. Every door seemed like it lead to a different world. A different place that, before today, she couldn't even begin to fathom. While it was a bit over whelming, she loved every moment of it. Just as she loved every moment of being a doctor. Her hands clasped themselves in front of her as she strolled down the seemingly endless hallway, only wondering where it ended.

Realizing that time was not slowing for her, she hurried her pace, zooming past several soldiers that were headed in the same direction. The last thing she possibly wanted was to be late. As she reached the end of the hallway, she noticed a keypad about mid-way up the wall, to the left of the door. Digging into her pocket, she pulled a datapad and typed the code she had been given into the keypad. Her auburn eyes followed the datapad back into her pocket as she took a few steps through the door.

Her eyes widened, struck with awe as she looked up and realized where she was. She had found herself on the floor of one of the hangars. Anemone's eyes panned about as she took in all the activity around her. From ships being repaired, to soldiers being shipped out, it was exactly as she had imagined it, only better. Her lips once again curved into a smile, though this time, large and unmistakeable. This was where she was meant to be, and she had finally arrived.

Lately, Ben's life had gone right back to where it left off, complete and utter chaos. There were a few weeks of peace where nothing terrible happened. He meditated, he trained, he met new people, all was good. Then Omni attacked the summit and things went straight to hell. Was there no peace for the aging Jedi Master? Sometimes he missed being a Knight, or even a Padawan, the responsibility was drastically less. Now, other Jedi looked to him, relied on him, and one little screw up could mean the difference between people living in dying. But, at the same time, he would not trade it for the world. People relied on him, he could not have thoughts of regret, those emotions could lead to the darkside.

So he shelved those thoughts, for now, and he turned a corner that would lead to the hangars. He was pretty much back to normal, now, he had a healthy look to him. His light blue robes actually fit to his body again and he no longer looked like a spice addict. He could not stand the sight of the man he had been seeing when he woke up before, the sunken eyes, the skinny malnourished body, that was not Ben. He had always been tall, muscular, always had a smile on his face, very warm and welcoming. He took pride in his appearance, as everyone should, and the Hutt's took it away from him. That was over and done with, though, he was back to normal now and that was all that mattered.

Reaching the hangar doors, Ben reached his arm up to punch in the codes, his shackle scars visible only for a moment through his robes. The hangar doors opened and he walked into the bustling area. He only had a little bit of business here, he wanted to check on the ships he would be flying on, he was a stickler for whatever ship he was on. He refused to be taken out by a minor malfunction and then crashing to a planet and dying in a fiery wreck. That was nonsense. He noticed a soldier who was standing around looking at all of the stuff. Smiling, he realized, she was probably a new member or brand new officer. He loved when people discovered something for the first time, it was a special moment, one that Ben did not get to experience as often as he would enjoy.

"First timer?" Ben asked as he approached the female. He stopped beside her, crossed his arms, and looked out at the same scene she was looking at. It was marvelous, so many people at work, all with the same goal in mind. "Quite the spectacle isn't it?"

The large transport eased into the cavernous hangar, coming to settle with a hiss along side the starboard wall. Crews immediately started to scuttle around the vessel as it went into its post-flight shutdown, preparing it for the next journey that lay ahead. Inside, various members of the 73rd Infantry were anxious to get out and stretch their legs. It had been a long trip home and a tiring deployment for most of the soldiers onboard.

The ramp lowered and Delila was one of the first to walk down it and let her feet touch the durasteel. She moved slightly and turned to make sure all of her soldiers got off the transport and back into the base, no loitering in the hangar. After a debriefing everyone was to be granted leave for two days before the 73rd right back into the thick of things.

"Debriefing at 1600, mandatory attendance, Crix Madine building" The Major called out to the soldiers as the last deboarded. Everyone knew they had to show up, it was a matter of reminding some of those who had other pressing matters on their minds.

Waiting for a brief moment to make sure all of her soldiers cleared out of the organized chaos of the hangar, Delila started to move in that direction herself. She noticed a Jedi and a fresh-face....the Major tried to place the young woman. She was drawing a blank, perhaps someone brought in from one of the Republic's far-reaching Outposts?

"Lieutenant, Master Jedi" Delila nodded to the pair as she walked past.

Anemone Nivalis

Inhaling a deep breath, Anemone took the sights in all at once. So enthralled, that she hadn't noticed the man who now joined her until he stood directly beside her. She nodded in response to him. "I am, and it really is. It's so...different. I've been on the other side of this picture, one of those preparing to leave out, to go defend the Republic. But things seem so much different on this side. From here, you really grab the full scope of what happening. It's certainly ama.." Her words came to a screeching halt as a voice with a commanding tone reached her ears. After dealing out orders to her troops, the woman from whom the voice was emitted began a pace in Anemone's direction. She shook the look of surprise from her face as the woman reached them.

Anemone's body snapped sharply to the position of attention, her arm flying up to render the proper salute as the woman was but two meters from her. "Greetings, Major." She received but a simple acknowledgement of her existence as a reply. Her arm returned to her side as she looked behind her, watching the woman stride away. For but a moment, she thought to herself before looking toward the male who still stood beside her. "We'll have to continue this another time, Master Jedi." She flashed a smile toward him before striding off after the woman, her voice sounding off just loud enough to get her attention. "Major! If you have a moment, I'd like to speak with you."

Jack Rowland Clark

Grand Admiral, Second in Command of the Republic N
Jack walked down the hallway with a manifest and troop count of the Republic soldiers that would be unloading from his fleet versus those loading up. The 73rd was the last unit on his ships, that was the one with that famed Geonosian captain he had heard so much about. He was interested in meeting one of the species, Geonosians were hard to come by in today's galaxy, much harder than before the darkness which was still near impossible unless you took a trip to their home planet. He wasn't dressed in a uniform, though he rarely did unless he was at important function. He much rather preferred his dark leather jacket that he had embroidered with the Republic insignia on the left chest. He also wore two gold insignia pins of the Republic on the jackets shoulder bands and his admiral pins on the collar.

At present the hanger was filled with infantry troops, he hated when they got back from battles and dirtied up his damn hangers and ships with mud, blood and all the different grimes they ran in during combat. He might not like dressing very pretty but he would be damned if his fleets equipment wasn't going to shine like the top of a Kaminons head. Plus, when he was a captain he had learned his lesson about dirty ships when he slipped on a literal pile of blood on his hanger floor, he had to get stitches all over the back of his head and he wasn't planning on repeating the experience.

As he walked through his now much dirtier hanger, Jack overheard a woman in uniform talking with a Jedi and it sounded like it might get heated. Well, it might have if one of the company leads didn't walk by and spoil their fun. Had to love your superiors impeccable timing, it seemed the woman wanted to speak with the company lead, who the admiral recognized as @[member="Delila Castillon"], but Jack had some business and he wasn't in a waiting mood.

"Hell Major, sounds like you ground pounders sure love crinking jedi don't you?" Jack said as he marched up to the Major and the girl, who must be a newbbie to the group. He nodded at the Jedi and the girl, taking note of her Lieutenant status "Lieutenant, Jedi."

@[member="Anemone Nivalis"] | @[member="Ben Watts"] | @Jack Rowland Clark

Delila was fairly focused on leaving the hangar and getting back to her office. She had a few pieces of business to attend to before the debriefing in the other building. So she was a bit distracted when the young Lieutenant called out to her. It took Delila a minute to stop and backtrack, moving back to the woman and the Jedi. It slowly dawned on her, was this girl pregnant and the Jedi the father? She had a rash of young women in her office lately, upset and crying about their condition and what they should do. Hopefully the Major was not getting another one of those cases. Delila was unsure how many more she could handle.

"Of course Lieutenant..." Delila paused to look at her nameplate."Nivalis. Does here suffice or would you prefer to see me here or in my office?"

Just as she was waiting for a response the annoying voice of Admiral Clark reached her ears. Delila was at odds with the man she had met here and there, he was always complaining about the Army. Which meant he was complaining about her.

"The Jedi have been a valuable resource in our campaigns Admiral Clark. Next time you may want to be more respectful and thank them for saving the Republic's hide on the ground..."

Anemone Nivalis

So far, her first day wasn't going horrible. Certainly not good, but not horrible. She wasn't being ignored which was a good sign. Anemone's heart jumped into her throat as the Major returned toward her position. During this, she took the time to straighten her posture, and to eye the woman's nameplate. "Major Castillon. Where have I hear that name?..", she thought to herself. She removed the thought from her mind. This was no time to be lost in her own head. This was her time to make herself known to her superiors. Also, she needed some sort of direction.

"This will be fine, ma'am." Anemone cleared her throat slightly as she began to speak. Just as she opened her mouth speak, the Admiral's words were there to cut her off. "Ground pounders?..", she thought to herself. She wasn't aware of the nickname that the Naval Officers used for those in the Army. Her eyes drifted to the Admiral before returning to Delila. She didn't want to seem weak, or be walked on. Just as the Admiral parted his lips to respond, she spoke. Interjecting herself between the two.

"I'm 2nd Lieutenant Anemone Nivalis, the new Medical Officer. I just recently completed the Military Academy, and was told to report here upon completion of my leave." Just as the final words left her lips, Anemone inched just a bit closer to Ben. If she was going to be yelled at next, she needed a place to hide. And he was as good as any.

@[member="Delila Castillon"]
@[member="Ben Watts"]
@Jack Rowland Clark

Jack Rowland Clark

"The Jedi have been a valuable resource in our campaigns Admiral Clark. Next time you may want to be more respectful and thank them for saving the Republic's hide on the ground..."

Okay, maybe he had deserved that one. He did always complain about the army, but they were still valuable in their own rites. However, they were an annoyance at times and they always disrespected the flyboys. He couldn't be angry with the major for her remarks, she was a good soldier and he respected someone who could call him out as long as it wasn't during a combat situation. In the end they were all fighting for the same thing, but that didn't mean he had to like it when the army did something stupid. Jack was just about to provide the major with a smart ass remark when the 2nd Lieutenant spoke up just as he was about to talk

"I'm 2nd Lieutenant Anemone Nivalis, the new Medical Officer. I just recently completed the Military Academy, and was told to report here upon completion of my leave."

Now he was angry if someone wanted to call him out for being an nerf herder, so be it, if somebody wanted to be a smartass back to him, so be it, but god help the person who was straight up rude to him...especially a subordinate

"Excuse me 2nd Lieutenant, I believe was about to speak." Jack stepped closer to the woman "I don't care if your little prissy ass thinks your a big tough girl now that your eating dirt with the boys. But let me be the one to personally pull your head from your ass. You are on my base girl, you are in my world and in my world you are no longer just a Republic soldier, you are my soldier. You think just because i'm a naval officer I can't order you around like some red headed step child? Well then you have another thing coming, you will learn to respect me and in that process you will learn to hate me. You aren't the first ground pounder that thinks they are all big and bad when they get onto my base that i've had lick my boots until they shine. So, let's start your first lesson here on the base, your off leave so that means you are back on duty after briefing. Since you have just completed the military academy i'm giving you a post graduation exam, how well can you follow orders. After debriefing I want you back here to assist my ensign floor crews in the cleaning of all this grime your brethren seem to love dragging around my hanger so much." he turned back to Delila to continue but then looked back to the LT and the Jedi "And congratulations by the way, and master jedi I assure you I appreciate your passion for Republic victory."

"Now, Major Castillon, I hear your unit has the only bug soldier in the Republic and i'd very much like to meet him."

@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Delila Castillon
@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Ben Watts
@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Anemone Nivalis

Davin had been walking along, enjoying some chow, when he heard the Admiral chewing out one of his new officers in front of his XO and a Jedi companion. Giving her orders? Oh no no no no. Demanding respect was one thing, completely understandable under the circumstances, but canceling leave? Post exam? What the hell did the Admiral have against the Army?

@Jack Rowland Clark

"With all due respect Admiral you have no jurisdiction over my troopers when it comes to leave, pay, promotion, or demotions when it comes down to it. I'm sure you're aware of that though my junior officer may not be. Just as I can't order one of your officers to do what you ordered one of mine to do. She'll be disciplined for her disrespect but I'll handle it. My Battalion, my troop. Take it up with the Supreme Commander if you have a problem with our current military laws." Colonel Jusik said with a scowl in his rough voice.

@[member="Anemone Nivalis"]

"Nice to meet you Lieutenant, Colonel Jusik CO of 1st Battalion." He said, extending his hand.

@[member="Ben Watts"] @[member="Delila Castillon"]
He gave a nod to his sister and the Jedi.

Jack Rowland Clark

Oh yes, the new Colonel of the army Davin Jusik. He had been a thorn in Jack's side for a long time now, oh the good times.

"Hello Colonel. Unless I am mistaken, the Lieutenant just got off of leave. Am I to believe the army is giving her more so early? If she is on my base and not on leave, she still is under my authority. Besides, we do you infantry folks the favor of blowing up your hard targets so the least you can do is help clean up the blood you drag with you."

"Her CO's right here. My authority as her commander takes precedent over your trying to make an Officer do a punishment reserved for enlisted people that have acted up. I saw what happened and she may not have known you were going to speak. Regardless, all disciplining of my troops is to be done by myself, the XO, 73rd Officers or 73rd NCOs." Davin said as he switched his gaze from the Lieutenant back to the Admiral.

Back when he was enlisted a very wise Sergeant had sad anyone who made it past Brigadier was probably a Arm Chair General or a politician. The Admiral seemed to be proving the old stereotype. Acting like he was hard, hiding behind rank, and probably other unsavory behavior Davin was yet to be made aware of.

Jack Rowland Clark

Jack nodded his head and, surprisingly, a slight smile came across the man's face as he listened to the Colonel. He could tell by the mans gaze and words that he probably had very little respect for him and probably thought he did nothing worthy of his rank as most army officers usually did. Little did Jusik know that Jack preferred the lead ships in combat and had won more than his fair share of accommodations for his tactics and leadership.

"I think you'll make a fine Colonel, Jusik." Jack may have been as easy to deal with as a tired bantha, but he was not above admitting when he had been out talked. There was no doubt that the colonel was a smart man, quick with his mouth. He would be one of those officers who could talk rings around politicians, a skill that Jack always substituted with bludgeoning his way through the questions and concerns like a barbarian on a rampage. "Still, be sure to make sure that the Lieutenant remembers to respect her superiors."

It was just about that time that Jack noticed a Geonosian walking down the hanger, perfect timing "I believe I have found the bug I was looking for. I will be sitting in on your debriefing Colonel." Jack turned back to the other three "Major, it was nice seeing you again. Lieutenant, congratulations on your graduation, I expect next time we meet my words will still have sticked. Master Jedi...keep doing whatever it is you are doing." With that the Admiral walked into the distance to meet the Geonosian before the debrief.

Anemone Nivalis

Through all that had been said, Anemone had remained quiet, her head lowered. But she was no ordinary grunt, and she was not about to be treated like one. "Actually, Admiral, I think your the one who needs to pull his head from his ass." Anemone spoke more than loud enough to catch Jack's attention, and the ears of anyone else in the vicinity. Her head rose, her eyes locked onto his figure as she spoke with a sharp tone. "I'm no grunt, and I'm certainly not one of your lower enlisted. Before I was even an officer, I stood on the front lines with all the other soldiers. No better, no worse. I chose to leave that behind, because I would help people than harm them, if possible. I don't scrub floors or scrape grime from the ground. I'm a surgeon, a doctor, an officer. I save lives. That is what I do. If you intend to make an example, then by all means. But if you plan on using me for that, I refuse. I you intend to cause me hell, then be my guest. But remember, one day that may be you on my table in my OR, with your life in my hands. And believe me, it's not as hard to walk away from that table as you think."

Anemone breathed a sigh of relief. Normally, she she was not this confrontational, especially to someone over her. But this was different. She was no one's doormat, and that wasn't about to change. She was here to report to her superiors, Major Castillon and Colonel Jusik. Not some some admiral that clearly had no respect for anyone else. Maintaining her position beside Ben, as he was the best source of protection at the moment, she turned her head, looking to her two superiors. "Ma'am, Sir. I'm ready to being whenever you need me to. Just say the word, and point me in the direction. And he'll assist too.", she said, her finger pointing towards the jedi to her side.

She liked having protection to. Especially when there was this crazed Naval commander running about.

@Jack Rowland Clark
@Davin Jusik
@Delila Castillon
@[member="Ben Watts"]

@[member="Anemone Nivalis"] | @[member="Davin Jusik"] | @[member="Jack Rowland Clark "]| @[member="Ben Watts"]

Delila was fighting hard to keep her composure in front of the new Lieutenant. Perhaps if the woman was not here she would merely punch Admiral Clark and be done with the whole thing. "Refer to my Captain as a 'bug' again it will be your blood mopped up from this deck..." Delila said coolly before Colonel Jusik arrived and gave the Admiral a piece of his mind. And the Navy wondered why Army hated their presence, here was the best and clearest example yet.

The Lieutenant had some bite in her though,which what was Delila wanted to see. The 73rd did not get stepped on, nor would the Major tolerate any of her soldiers being treated in a disrespectful manner. They brought blood and dirt and sweat with them off the battlefield. It wasn't as if most transports had showers or clean sets of fatigues on board-they were bare bone transports designed to get soldiers home. Only Navy Medical hospitals, those vessels were like floating hotels compared to what they got to fly around in.

Turning back to the Jedi and Lieutenant after the Admiral walked away to annoy one of her Captains, Delila motioned for the pair to follow her.

"You'll have to excuse Admiral Clark, he doesn't know what real combat is like. Now, sadly Lieutenant you won't be going on leave with the rest of the 73rd since you just arrived. You are however attached to this Infantry. We have a high number of causalities and I hope you can turn that around. Let me show you to your office and your new exam rooms. Only two...that was all I could squeeze out of the MedBay."

Delila wanted only the best for her Infantry and got Lieutenant Nivalis assigned to her soldiers personally. It didn't mean the woman wouldn't be helping others, it just meant where ever the 73rd went so did the Lieutenant. At four Companies-Alpha,Bravo,Charlie and Delta with 150 soldiers each.......there was no way her new Doctor was going to grow bored.

"I apologize about the rushed tour, we do have that debriefing to keep on schedule"

@[member="Jack Rowland Clark "]

"You're is what I think you wanted to put in place of you'll and make Admiral." Davin said loudly as he walked off. Freakin Navy, ungrateful bastards hiding behind their big shields while the Infantry did the fighting, the nitty gritty and then try to talk crap? Officers especially.

@[member="Delila Castillon"]
"Have fun Major." Davin shouted after his sister as she turned to walk away. He then returned to his chow and began the walk back this own office to log in the new Lt.'s file and finish some last paperwork for her transfer.

Anemone Nivalis

A deep sigh of relief escaped Anemone's lips as she wasn't scolded. She had expected to be hushed by her own superiors for her outburst towards such a high ranking military personnel. It seemed like, more or less, they had given their approval without actually saying the words. Her normal smile sprawled across her face as both her and the jedi were beckoned to follow. Turning her head to Ben, she'd shrug her shoulders lightly before following after the Major, her words, swimming into her own ears. "No apologies needed, Major. As you said yourself, he doesn't know true combat. But, only two trauma bays seems a bit...small. Are there other medics in this Unit or was I simply assigned because there was such a need? And when you say a high number of casualties, how many are we actually taking about?"

Anemone had plenty of question, most spawning from what she was just told. Only two trauma bays for an entire unit? And an Infantry unit, at that. It became more then obvious that she would have her hands full and her work cut out for her. Especially if the Army continued to take casualties like this. She could only hope that she wasn't alone in this endeavor, that there were at least a few other medics under her. Even if they weren't as good as she was, simply the extra hands would be of the greatest help.

@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Delila Castillon
@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Ben Watts

@[member="Anemone Nivalis"] | @[member="Ben Watts"]

Delila walked at a brisk pace to Lieutenant Nivalis' new office. It was small, containing only a desk with chair and older model datapad, empty bookshelf, and two chairs in front of the desk. It was white, stark and clinical with no windows. Pretty much every standard military office on base looked the same way. The nameplate on the door had already been changed to 2nd Lt. Anemone Nivalis,Medical Officer.

"Home sweet home." Delila commented dryly, a ghost of a smile on her features.

"There are no Doctors in this Battalion.We have twelve people for six hundred soldiers. Which equates to roughly one medically trained personnel for every fifty bodies."

Delila paused, letting those numbers sink into the new Lieutenants head. They were grim. In times of greater prosperity they might have had one medic for every thirty or forty men. Recent fighting and the need to restructure medics so every Company had at least one caused the low numbers.

"Out of the twelve only two are physician assistants.The rest are your standard field medics. You'll share four more trauma bays with the P.A.s, bringing the total to six. While the Battalion is on leave for those two days, I want you to sift through the files and identify four to eight soldiers we can train to help our situation. This training would be off the grid, so you will be in charge of what they learn. All medical personnel attached to the 73rds 1st Battalion report to you and you only...."

"Casualties are so high that Delta Company was wiped out completely. Only now is that Company being rebuilt...."

Shaking her head, Delila sighed. It was a terrible situation they were in. Hopefully their young medical officer could turn things around.

"I need to prepare for that debriefing. I'll leave you and Master Jedi to your previous conversation. Remember Lieutenant, 1600....Crix Madine building.."

With that, Delila left to go to her own office to prepare. Her fatigues were still bloodstained, she'd have enough time to run down to the locker rooms-change, tweak her files and grab the data presentation before heading across the base for the debriefing.

Anemone Nivalis

Anemone paced after Delila, keeping up with her as best she could. Suddenly, they came to a halt before a door. A door that was marked with her name, rank, and position. "My own office?..", she thought to herself. Things were progressing much faster that she had anticipated. She was being presented with her own office. A wide smile sprawled over her face as the door was opened and she took a few steps inside. Home sweet home, expect this home was not so sweet. Her smile quickly faded as her head panned, her eyes taking in the room. The room was dull, lifeless, then again she was shocked she had expected more. Anemone looked to the Major as she broke down how the medical personnel were divided up. Her mind went blank for a moment as her head processed the numbers.

Not a single person on staff was as qualified as she was. it quickly became evident why she had been requested to this particular unit. It explained why the Battalion had become so jagged as of late. Without enough medical personnel to treat the wounded, and the constant deployment, they soldiers were falling faster than they could stand back up. "At this rate, this unit will be wiped out by years end. And it won't have been the enemy's doing.", she thought to herself. This was indeed a massive undertaking to say the least. Her attention was caught once more spoke of training others. She glanced at the outdated datapad on the desk before her. She had 48 hours to find four to eight soldiers who would make good medics. How could one possibly devise that quickly whether someone would succeed as a medic? It simply didn't happen, but she was going to have to make it happen. She could only blink as the next bit of information hit her ears.

All medical personnel were to report to her. She held the highest position a medic could in a unit, a position usually assumed by a Captain, as a 2nd Lieutenant. It wasn't something that she had expected, but certainly she wasn't going to turn it down. Anemone nodded her head to Delila as she left the office, reminding her of the debriefing time as she did. She sighed lightly, as she once again about the room. For all intents and purposes, it was up to her to keep this Battalion from disappearing all together. It was a massive undertaking, but one that Anemone would see complete. With a slow saunter, she stepped toward the desk, pushing aside the chair as she took the datapad with her hands and began sifting through the information within. "Well, I only have 48 hours. No telling how long I'll be stuck in that meeting either. Guess I should get started.."

@[member="Anemone Nivalis"] | @[member="Davin Jusik"] | @Jack Rowland Clark

After looking decent-well at least less bloody, Delila gathered her data and made her way to the assembly hall in the Crix Madine building.The Major joined the throng of soldiers who decided to show up a little early to grab seats in the large assembly area. Walking down the stairs to the sunken stage, Delila started to upload her data, a large hologram of a planet came into view, slowly rotating.

Waiting on stage for everyone else to arrive, Delila dimmed the lights immediately at 1600. She did not wait for no one. The Major started to go over the details of their last assignment, providing numbers and analysis into their hard fought battles. It was nothing most already knew, but it was simply to recap and put into perspective what the 73rd was indeed fighting for.

After going over the standard 'please see a psychiatrist or Chaplin if you have these thoughts' speech, Delila got down to the more important announcements.

"As many of you may have noticed, we have a new Doc attached to the 73rds 1st Battalion. Colonel Jusik and I hand picked Lieutenant Nivalis, she proved herself at Academy and will be a great asset in spearheading the effort in reducing causalities. All medical personnel will be reporting to Lieutenant Nivalis as I have given her unprecedented control of our Medics."

"Lieutenant Nivalis, please come down and say a few words. I am sure you have announcements of your own to provide"

Anemone Nivalis

Anemone rushed down the hallway, side stepping numerous people to avoid running into them. After diving into her new job, she had completely lost track of time. The debriefing was supposed to start at 1600, and it was now 1558. Certainly, not even a miracle could get her there on time now. She began to imagine what the Major would say to her. First day, and already late for meetings? Not the best first impression, and certainly not the impression she wanted to leave.

Finally, after rushing for what felt like forever, she arrived at the building. Anemone took just a few moments to straighten her uniform. Already she late. No need to make it worse by looking a mess. With a deep breath she checked her watch. "1605. I'm only five minutes late. Maybe I'll slide by after all." With that, Anemone cracked the door just slightly, enough to slide into the dark room. As she entered, her eyes caught sight of the Major speaking. Obviously, she hadn't waited to being the meeting. To make sure that she didn't cause an interruption, Anemone simply stood in the back by the door. It was easier this way. She didn't want anyone to know she had been there late.

Throughout the meeting, she remained in the back, quiet. After a bit, her attention began to drift off. It wasn't until Anemone heard Major Castillon speak her name did she snap back to reality.

"Lieutenant Nivalis, please come down and say a few words. I am sure you have announcements of your own to provide"

She swalled the air in her throat as numerous of the soldiers looked about at one another. They hadn't met her. They didn't even realize her existence. Somehow, she was okay with this and actually wished it would remain that way. That wish, however, had been squashed. With a moderate pace, Anemone sauntered toward the sunken stage, more eye falling upon her with each step that she took. As she reached the stage, she gave a short nod toward the Major before turning to face the people she now had some sort of command over. "I'm 2nd Lieutenant Nivalis. Your new Medical Officer. I'm not sure how your head medic did things in the past, bu from now on we do things my way. I'm not here simply to patch you back up and thrust you into the fire, only to be burned once again. I'm here to make sure that you all are in good enough health to deploy. For now on, anyone that is injured in any way will not be allowed to return to duty until I clear them myself. The entire Delta Company was annihilated. I'm going to have to undo that damage, and make sure it never happens again. And if that means the 73rd has to share the workload with other units, then so be it." With that, she stepped to the side of the stage,, her datapad still held in hand. She'd give the Major a small nod, acknowledging that she had said all she needed to. " They're all yours, Major."

@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Jack Rowland Clark
@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Davin Jusik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom