Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"'Harry! Harry! Fetch th'um water from the th'tweam hour'th away! And don't dawdle!' Th'tupid witch...." Harry mocks his mother's voice, knowing full well the sorceress can probably hear him through the Force. Magic was like that--full of loopholes that made no sense. Much like Harry's situation. Why should he have to do everything?

In the past, when he'd tried to run away, his mom had just used her powers to make him think he'd escaped and he'd just run back to her. But her constant invasions of his brain have taught him some resistance to her mind tricks. He isn't stupid--just uneducated. And he knows she'll be distracted while contacting his sister. If he gets far enough away, he'll be out of her reach. Then he'll be able to relax all day and eat sweets like the nice Trandoshan traders give him.

His mother had warned him about Trandoshans--tried to make him hate them--but he could see they were just hunters. Who cares if they killed his father and wore wookiees as pelts? They respected strength and cunning, and Harry has that in spades, even if he's only a kid. And he'll only get stronger. He unwraps another candy and puts it in his mouth. Harry loves candy almost as much as he loves hologames. He's traded many favors in the past to acquire the best ones. He likes Galactic Rebels, but his mom hates it. "That's not how it happened. The Dark Lord was framed," she'd say. She thinks they're a waste of energy, but she also knows Harry needs some kind of stimulation of his intellect if she doesn't want him to grow up too stupid to be useful.

And that's the other thing--she is always telling him how useless he is, then relying on him for everything. If she's so smart, why does she need him to undo the traps in the ruins? She was mostly angry that he's not attuned to the Force. Quite the opposite, actually. "Th'ee treat'th me like a th'lave!" he rants, hoping he's not within earshot of any monsters today. But, if he is, he'll kill them like he's always done.

Almost to the rendezvous point where he'll meet his Trandoshan friends, Harry pops another candy in his mouth--might as well--where he's going, the Trandoshans promised, there will be lots of candy.

Speaking of which, he notices that his Trandoshan buddies have left a bunch of candy sitting on a trap, waiting for him. He smiles at the gesture. They respect his abilities to disable traps. Sneaking up to the edge of the pit they've covered which he can feel by the change in the sound and temperature of the ground he's walking on, he reaches a fur-covered paw and scoops up the candy. He sits next to the trap with one hand on his bowcaster while he eats it. No doubt, the Trandoshans will be arriving soon.

He waits... and waits... and waits. After a few hours, he suspects something has happened. Perhaps his mother has caught his friends and is dissecting them for research or for fun. They lost a lot of business that way. But Hy'peria always reassures him it's for the best not to become too famous, lest the traders try to move in themselves and cut the two of them out. She was right about some things.

Harry decides to risk a little light and uses it to track the trail of the Trandoshans back to their tiny spacecraft. Finding it empty and full of the smell of death, he decides to steal it. First things first, he smashes out their lights. He won't need them. He then sits at the controls--which are just like they are in some of his hologames--and tries to start the engine.

When it doesn't go, he searches for an owner's manual file and reads through it. He finds the identity-dependent engine interrupt switch after several hours of reading and searching and rips it out. Reconnecting the wires, he tries the engine again and it starts.

"Th'uck'the'th!" he says in triumph.

Disengaging the landing gear and navigating the narrow spaces among the trees, Harry slowly ascends for what seems like a lifetime before he's out of the woods.

The surface of Kashyk is brightly lit by two of three moons tonight, and it nearly blinds him. Still, he is able to find his way out by averting his gaze and using targeting controls. Before long, he's in Kashyk space.

Kaz Kūhiō

Thieves Guild Agent: The Desert Wolf
There were many things the Thieves Guild was tasked to do, anything from simple lift jobs to jobs that required a bit more finesse, like kidnapping jobs. The Desert Wolf kept perfectly still as he kept himself buried under the sands of Kashyyyk as Trandoshan slavers walked by, they were there to take whatever they could...and whatever they couldn't would be killed. They were heading back to their ship to gear up, behind them, they would drag a pelt of a Wookie.

So what was the Thieves Guild doing on Kashyyyk? They were there because some of the local Wookie were getting annoyed with the constant enslaving and killing of their people. Of course the Desert Wolf wouldn't turn down the contract especially because the Trandoshan slavers most likely had something of value in their ship, and that was something the thief could not pass up.

As the slavers passed, the young man would slowly rise from the sand. As he did, most of the sand fell from his clothes. He would unlatch the bottom of his mask. He would blow two short whistles and soon a man would come to his side, it was his fellow thief in arms Zak. He was a bit younger than most of the Alderaan Guild's Thieves, but he was able to get the job done, Zak was dressed in leather, many pouches were lined across his garb. Over his head sat a hood and pulled over his face was a mask. Underneath, he was a Nineteen year old boy, but on the outside he was an excellent tracker, and even better lifter.

"Any luck tracking them Z?" Kaz would say as he remained crouched to avoid any watchful eyes.

"Always Kaz, turns out, they are a few miles up the coast. They look like they're getting ready for a hunt." Zak said as he looked around.

"Good, they'll be too busy getting ready to notice me picking them off." Kaz said as he opened and closed his left hand, each time the sound of metal scraping metal, each finger was covered be a metal claw, he would smile as he began to rise and quickly make his way down the coast. He would look back to Zak.

"Make your way back to the Wookie, collect the payment and meet me back at a Thief's Rest." He would say, Zak did exactly that, he began to make his way back to the Wookie camp.

The ship was finally in sight, outside he counted three Trandoshans, he didn't know how many were inside. Two was hanging by a campfire and the last was untangling a net off to the side. He would make his way to the Trandoshan that was untangling a net. Soon he was right behind him, the man would plunge his clawed hand into the back to the Trandoshan. It would drop with a loud thump. The two Trandoshan at the campfire were too busy laughing and drinking to notice their friend who was dead. He then made his way to the two Trandoshan who were near the campfire. He would each into his pouch and pull out a throwing knife, he would throw it into one of their backs, then jumped over it's shoulders and ran into the second one, plunging his clawed hand into the Trandoshan's throat.

An hour later.

Kaz had cleaned up the campsite and cleared out the ship of any Trandoshan, he dragged the bodies into the water, and let them float. The inside of the ship was bloodied and full of crates and nets...containing Wookie pelts, meat, and even bowcasters. The man would walk onto the ship and look through the crate's again, soon he would hear footsteps, he would make his way into the shadows and watch as a less hairy Wookie explored his newly claimed ship. He would hear as the hip began to take off. The man would wait in darkness until he was sure they were clear of Kashyyyk.

He would make his way to the cockpit, it was dark...perfect. he would reach for his dagger with his right hand and walk up to where the boy-wookie thing was sitting. He would attempt to put the knife to the boys throat and whisper softly as he tried not to startle the boy.

"No sudden moves, I don't want to kill a youngling." He said as he kept to the dark.

"Now aren't you supposed to be home with daddy." He would say as he kept tension on the boy's neck.

[member="Harry Trichosia"]

"My dad'th dead. Mom had him killed. Th'e'th a th'ith [she's a sith]. And I heard you. You're pretty th'neaky, though. You know, thi'th fur i'thn't ju'tht for th'ow [this fur isn't just for show]. It th'top'th knive'th th'ort [stops knives short] of their target'th more often than not. But, if it doe'thn't... the th'pider behind us th'urely will [the spider behind us surely will]."

Behind the pair, in the cabin of the ship, an immature Wyyyschokk, one of Kashyk's deadliest creatures, had been waiting to make its move. Very gently, it descended from the ceiling and slowly descended a single leg toward the would-be assassin's shoulder.

"Now, you may be thinking, 'Wow, thi'th little kid ha'th a pet th'pider! That'th th'o cool!' But, just one of the'th [these] ha'th killed more people in it'th lifetime than I have ever met. Now, I know it'th weakne'th... but you're going to have to let me go if you want my help."

Kaz Kūhiō

The assassin growled, the boy's accent was a bit hard to understand. Yet when he spoke, his basic was perfect. He would smile as the boy spoke about his fur being able to stop knives, then he talked about a spider being behind him. At first the man would have thought it just a ruse, but then a spider would land at his shoulder. He would turn to look at it, now he was no poisons expert, or arachnid expert, he knew that most spiders were dangerous. He would freeze for a second before hearing the boy speak again.

He talked about his pet spider and said it had a weakness that the boy would only share if Kaz let him go. Kaz slowly let go of the boy, and put his knife away. He then sighed, he hated to have to listen to a kid, but he had no choice, while the Thieves Guild had poison experts...they were not as experienced...and even if he did kill attempt to kill the boy, he wouldn't even make it back to a Thief's Rest, much less Alderaan in time...the poison would kill him.

"I guess you win kid...for now." He would say as he continued to stand behind the boy.

"What's your name kid?" He asked as he glanced at the spider.

"I guess you win, kid..., for now," [member="Kaz Kūhiō"] would say as he continued to stand behind the boy.

"The weakne'th i'th.... It ha'th never played hologame'th! Hold onto my chair!" Harry buckles in, turns off the gravity for a bit, disables the internal dampeners, and swiftly descends toward Kashyk until he has re-entered the atmosphere. The spider, which has been slowly descending on a bit of webbing, is flung up into its own web by the resulting g-force and sticks there. Then, Harry re-engages the dampeners and gravity, lifts his bowcaster, points it at the spider, and lets loose shot after shot until it is dead. He is careful not to damage its poison sac--it will be extremely valuable if harvested the right way.

"What's your name, kid?" the stranger asked as he glanced at the spider.

"Harry. Harry Tricho'thia. With an e'th," says the furry guy, adding, embarrassed, "I have a li'thp [lisp]. It'th pretty bad, but I can th'peak ba'th'ic, though, unlike wookiee'th."

He looks around the cabin more thoroughly than before, making sure not to turn his back on the stowaway. He'd missed both the spider and the man in the first look and was kicking himself. "Do you th'ee any other th'pider'th?" he asks the would-be assassin. He can't be too upset--the spiders were said (by Harry's mother) to have unique powers... perhaps even the Force. He's always run from them before... but now is not the time to get called on his bluff.

"Why were you in here in the fir'tht pla'the [first place]?"

Kaz Kūhiō

The man had no clue what the boy was talking about, but he led on to the seat all the same. After reentering the atmosphere the Wookie boy aimed his bowcaster up at the spider, at first the man tbought the boy was going to shoot him. After a few shots, the spider lay dead, the boy asked if there was any more on the ship. Kaz just smiled. He walked to the co pilot's seat and sat down.

"Even though you have a lisp...you basic is impeccable."

"When I was searching this ship, all I came across was crates of pelts and bowcasters..." He would say as he looked around the dark cockpit.

"Here on Guild business." He would say

He would observe the Wookie boy, he was different, he got things done. A little unpredictable but who isn't. The man leaned back.

"Where do you plan to go?" He asked as he pulled his knife and began to flip it in his hands.

Kalyn was flying on the outer-rim of Kashyyyk, finishing her conversation with one of the Jedi Master's. "[member="Kaz Kūhiō"] . You need to find him and bring him in, He's an assassin that has been causing trouble, and we got a hit on him being in Kashyyyk. Go see about the local towns, ask around." The Jedi Master spoke. Kalyn nodded her head, understanding the instructions. "I'll bring him in." Kalyn said confidently. She was about to enter the atmosphere and prepare to land on the planet native to the Wookiees until she spotted a ship leaving the atmosphere. Kalyn got suspicious of the ship, it didn't look like a Wookiee ship either. She wasn't going to take any chances, she started to travel towards the ship and would send a transmission to the ship once she got closer.

| [member="Harry Trichosia"] |

(Hiii, Hope you guys don't mind me joining. If you'd prefer it to be the two of you that's totally fine, I understand, just lemme know k! Thx =) )

OOC [member="Kalyn Tyree"], not at all. Welcome. Cool, [member="Kaz Kūhiō"]? /OOC

"Even though you have a lisp...you basic is impeccable," says the dude who was trying to kill him a moment ago.

"Uhh... thank'th, I gue'th? My mom th'peak'th ba'thic. Uhh... your ba'thic is good too?"

"When I was searching this ship, all I came across was crates of pelts and bowcasters..." he continued, "Here on Guild business. [...] Where do you plan to go?"

"Well, I wa'th going to go th'omewhere with the'th guy'th.... But it'th obviou'th they ju'th't wanted to kill me."

The dash WOOPs at him and Harry snaps his attention back toward it. "Cop'th" he says, running back to the pilot seat. "Doe'th thi'th thing have weapon'th? Oh... not great one'th..." Harry considers their options and then flips on the intercom. He holds another mic near it to cause interference. He can't speak Shyriiwook very well, so he hopes the other person can't either as he growls something randomly into the intercom, "Ruaruararuwuwu?" then shuts it off, shrugging.

He says to his passenger, "I have no idea what I ju'tht th'aid, but at lea'tht they won't think I'm Trando'th'an."

If one ignored the accent and charitably interpreted his utterance, adding pauses and the right barks, the boy said, "No, I . I am not. Master. The Dark Side." Or, less literally, and alternatively, "No, I'm not Dark Lord of the Sith."

Kaz Kūhiō

The Wookiee boy was clear thrown off by the assassin's compliment, so he just complimented him back. The Desert Wolf smiled.

He listened as he spoke of the Trandoshan hunters. The boy seemed kinda bummed that the hunters deceived him. The assassin almost smiled, but restrained his bad nature. He cleared his throat.

"It's how life is...looks are deceiving." The assassin said.

Soon a transmission would attempt to come in. The Wookiee boy grabbed the comm and growled into it.

He had no clue what he said, and that made the man smile.

"Good thinking...you're quick to think." The man would say. He then smiled.

"Trandoshans are bad people..."

[member="Kalyn Tyree"]
no problem

Kalyn received a loud screeching noise, none of it making complete sense to her. She winced and attempted to cover her ears to block out the sudden loud noise. The transmission ended and she thought about what she'd just heard. From her training she knew little about other worlds native languages, but being in the Kashyyyk system she guessed it was Shyriiwook. Now she was no genius on other languages but something felt off. She scanned the ship for life forms, 2 came up on her scanner, one seemingly shorter than the other. She held a button down on her control panel, "Who is aboard this ship?" She said, sending a transmission to the opposing ship.

| [member="Kaz Kūhiō"] | [member="Harry Trichosia"] |

"Who is aboard this ship?" asks the voice on the intercom.

Harry is perturbed. On the one hand, speaking in basic might let him explain the situation--like how he's a kid and he's just borrowing this shuttle to run away from home. On the other hand, it will give him away as a non-wookiee.

"Well, in for a gat, in for a fi'th't," he says to his companion. Harry doesn't know many sayings, but this sounded enough like what a smuggler might say in a tense situation, like in his holos, that he went with it. A gat is a unit of tension, and a fist is the number three on some planet somewhere--both were used in various stories as word play. Harry thinks the double-entendre is clever, or he would have, if he knew what a double-entendre was. "I think we should keep pretending to be wookiees," he says to the other passenger.

He decides to go for it. Pressing the button again, and making sure there is plenty of static on the line, he says, "Rawuraruawooruwaru!" Again, this is nonsense, but it sounds sufficiently like Shyriiwook. If someone tried to break it down, it would be, "Jedi noble lady, not a dark Jedi; I am not!" Or, charitably, "Your Jedi ladyship, I'm not a dark Jedi. Really." He switches the intercom back off.

Harry's Shyriiwook education has been an important part of his childhood, but, like any other chore put upon him by his mother, it has always been done reluctantly and with zero enthusiasm. Without a practice partner, it is unsurprising that Harry has forgotten how to speak the language. He doesn't really identify with his wookiee side, never having met his father. But, Harry doesn't care. He's his own man. No one tells him what to do!

Harry forms a plan to drop the cargo and pretend to lose propulsion, then fire on the other ship... but he's not sure. If he attacks, won't the cops just shoot him down?

"Hold on," he says to the assassin, initiating the cargo drop at the same time as a barrel roll.

"Thi'th maneuver alway'th work'th in the hologame'th!"

The barrel roll is not as easy in real life. The engine stalls.

"Oop'th," says Harry.

[member="Kaz Kūhiō"]

[member="Kalyn Tyree"]

"What in the..." Kalyn said to herself as she watched the ship attempt to do some sort of manoeuvre, but...not quite accomplishing it. "That's it something's going on with this ship, I'm boarding." She decided. She pressed the button for the intercom, "Prepare, to be boarded." She warned as she moved her ship in to align itself with the entrance to the opposing shuttle. The ships entrances connected. Kalyn got up from the pilot seat and made sure her saber was in hand. She made her way to the entrance.

| [member="Harry Trichosia"] | [member="Kaz Kūhiō"] |

Harry actually feels grateful his ship is being boarded. It's a piece of junk! The Jedi's ship is much better. As soon as she's on board, Harry plans to go over to the ship not currently falling to its doom. It seems like a good first step to living through this. Whatever gets him off the planet, he thinks.

Turning to the other passenger, he says, "I'll get u'th out of thi'th" then he stars yelling incoherently in Shyriiwook.

Kaz Kūhiō

The dark assassin was too busy trying to figure out what was happening. His grasp on the seat was still tight as the Wookie boy attempted to do a barrel roll. It failed miserably...And all the cargo the man was going to haul scattered over Kashyyyk. The man would sigh as he heard that the ship was being boarded.

"You better...I just lost all that stuff when you attempted your little fiasco." He would say before making his way out of the cockpit and toelwards the boarding hatch.

He would wait patiently, his hand drifted above his sheathed knife.

[member="Kalyn Tyree"]

The doors to the boarding hatch opened and Kalyn could hear voices, one sounding older than the other. She adjusted her grip on her saber. She turned to the left and right, looking down the hallways. She turned around and locked the entrance to her own ship, as a precaution. She started to look around the ship, nearing the voices

| [member="Kaz Kūhiō"] | [member="Harry Trichosia"] |

Harry rolls his eyes. Typical grownup, he thinks, expecting him to do everything and then criticizing him when things go wrong. Harry suddenly has an idea. Unbuckling his seat, he slips down and under the control panel, putting the seat between himself and the door.

[member="Kalyn Tyree"]
[member="Kaz Kūhiō"]

Kalyn heard movement coming from the cockpit, she looked back and made sure she'd locked the entrance to her ship. She then walked up to the door to the cockpit and opened it up, igniting her lightsaber at the same time in case there was a need for it. "Hello?" She said, no reply. She continued scanning the room, not moving from her position in the doorway. She knew there were at least two lifeforms aboard this vessel her ship scanned them, now she just needed to find them. She noticed a shadowed figure under the control panel. She reached her hand out and used the Force, the figure coming out from under the control panel, she gently placed it back on the ground. It was just...a boy?

Harry yells as he's pulled out from under the control panel by [member="Kalyn Tyree"]. The Force. It had to be the Force. Harry should have known people other than his mother could use it. Would this one take him back to the darkness? The time for pretense is over. She'll find out anyway.

"I'm not going back to the th'adowland'th!" he yells in Basic.

"So you can speak basic, I knew something was up with that transmission." She said mostly to herself. He was just a little kid, she couldn't harm him nor did she have any plans to, but she did need answers. "What's your name and where is your partner?" She asked, trying not to sound hostile.

"What's your name and where is your partner?" demands the woman boarding Harry's ship--well, the ship he's on, anyway.

"Look--there'th been th'ome kind of mi'th'take. I'm ju'th't trying to get off Ka'th'y'k. It'th a matter of life and death. And my... 'partner'... whom I ju'th't met a moment ago when he tried to kill me? I'th behind you."

[member="Kalyn Tyree"] | [member="Kaz Kūhiō"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom