Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Gem of a Business Deal (Tegaea Alcori)

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo sat in his penthouse suite atop The Wheel. It was in Sith space, true, but the Hutt paid his taxes and bribed the right officials and was more or less left alone by the empire. Sith ships and personnel came and went through the system and the Wheel which was good business for Popo and another resupply dock, space station, and resource for the Sith. It was a fair deal, but Popo still didn't like it. Popo disliked anything aside from his own, 'fair' deals, but there wasn't much to be done about it. Not now, at least. Maybe later the Republic or the Mandalorians would come and take the system. It would be a new master and a new set of taxes, but if he could, he'd finagle a better deal. Until then, however, the Sith ruled the system and Popo was the master of the Wheel.

The huge Hutt leaned back in his chair, a thick, plush pad on the floor, really, and waited. He had a little project going on that he needed help with. It was something that he required specialized materials for and he'd fortunately found someone to provide which meant he could move forward. He doubted the person in question would make it in the flesh to the Wheel and had set up a holoprojector in the room. That is, he'd yelled at a few indentured servants and threatened to eat a Jawa mechanic until they set it up perfectly and very, very quickly in front of his chair. The Shell Hutt found that funny, truth be told. He would never eat a Jawa. They were too big to eat whole and required dissection into smaller, more manageable pieces to devour. That and they tasted absolutely horrid. Sullustans tasted better to the Hutt, which was saying a lot in comparison.

For now, Popo simply sat, which he was very good at, and waited. He debated on turning on the micro repulsors set into his durasteel armor to 'pace' around the room as he waited, but opted not to. He was comfy and hopefully the contractor would show up soon, either in the flesh or via holo. Instead, Popo drained a massive wine glass and burped quietly. He just had to be patient. He'd spent centuries being patient. A few more minutes wouldn't kill him. Though it might kill a luckless servant soon...

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Going to Sith territory to meet a Hutt was probably the most foolish idea ever, and despite what some people asserted, Tegaea was no fool.
Thus, a blue image of her appeared before the Hutt as she comfortably reclined on her seat on distant Kaeshana. 100,000 light years was a pretty safe distance.

“Greetings @[member="Popo"],” she said politely. “I am Tegaea Alcori, head of Firemane Industries. I understand you wished to contact me?” she said.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"Greetings, Ms. Alcori," Popo said in Basic. He preferred using Basic in business deals. Not everyone used Huttese and the Hutt didn't like waiting for a droid to translate. "I did wish to contact you."

Popo took a moment to refill his goblet with fine wines from Naboo. He'd taken a liking to them as a Huttlet and drank it often, especially during business deals.

"I was hoping we could work out a deal. I require a fair amount of rare gems that Firemane Industries is known to supply," he said politely. The Hutt then looked at the holo image and raised an eyebrow. Or, rather, one side of his brow ridge. "You are able to supply rare gems, correct?"

“Our operations can supply sapphires and emeralds in significant quantities, rubies and diamonds in lesser amounts. We can supply them cut or uncut. What size and number do you need?”

Tegaea herself, by coincidence, took a glass of Naboo wine as well. It tasted nice, for Hutts and humans it seemed.

@[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo nodded in thought at the woman's statement. It seemed viable enough, he supposed. Money wasn't an object to the Hutt, he had more than he could spend anyways. Besides, to Popo the money didn't truly matter. Things and objects and expensive items were pointless. It was all about the Game itself. Money and things kept tabs on points for each player, but the true worth was the Game itself.

"I will require around a few hundred Sapphires and Emeralds. Preferably larger in size, but it matters not to me. Uncut is fine, I have jewelers to cut the gems for me. Of the Diamonds and Rubies I will need roughly a hundred of each. Larger is better, but it matters little. Again, uncut."

@[member="Popo"]

Tegaea stared at the Hutt. One did not usually order hundreds of gems. She had expected a few gems, suitable for jewellery, though Force knew why a Hutt would want that. Instead he was asking for a massive amount.
“I would need to consult my staff for such a large amount, but I believe we can supply most of that. The stones, of course, will vary in price, but I think we can settle on an average price of two thousand credits per stone, and twenty five hundred for the diamonds. Some will be more, some will be less, since essentially you are asking for our entire stock. I can certainly supply a hundred sapphires and emeralds and fifty rubies and diamonds. That’s a minimum, and I can likely provide more given a few days.”
This would be a big boost to the business, though she was curious why he wanted so many gems….

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"That will be acceptable, both in price and time," Popo said as he sipped at his goblet. "So long as the quantity I require is met, all else matters little."

Popo scratched at his throat, a human habit he'd picked up as a Huttlet.

"What else does your business provide, Ms. Alcori?" Popo asked. "I may require other things. Gold and Silver, for starters. Perhaps far more... rare metals as well. Phrik and Beskar, for instance?"

“Rare metals I cannot provide, I fear. Kaeshana and my areas of contact have no access to them. However, gold, silver and limited platinum can be provided to the right price. For gold, I can provide it for 50 credits a gram, silver 20 credits, and platinum 150. We have very little of the latter, hence the steep price.”

This day looked profitable indeed. “Before I make any commitments I would like to see a contract and terms from you so there are no misunderstandings, and we shall need a way to transport the goods to you. As war is beginning Sith space is currently not the…safest…area to trade.”

@[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"The prices for metals are satisfactory, go ahead and add a ton or two of each to the list, please. Delivery will not be a problem. You will not be delivering in Sith space," Popo said with a dismissive gesture. "You will deliver the gems and metals to Nar Shaddaa. My contacts there will accept the shipment and bring it here to avoid any problems with Sith inspections on your end. Should you be incapable of delivery at this time, my ships will pick the shipment up for you, though in such a situation, I expect that any delivery fees charged by Firemane Industries would be removed from the contract."

He then fiddled with a Hutt-sized datapad on his desk. The Hutt ran a few calculations and nodded once in satisfaction before looking back up at the holo before him.

"Terms and conditions would be, I assume, standard," the Shell Hutt stated matter-of-factly. "I expect the bill to be rather large, which is not a problem. I can authorize a transfer of two hundred thousand credits to your company as a down payment should you wish. Should you require more of a down payment, that can be negotiated. I can have a contract written up and sent to you within the hour, should you desire such."

@[member="Popo"]
Tegaea was having to resist the urge to pinch herself. Was this a serious offer? A tonne of gold and silver?
Still, she was not blinded by greed enough to lose all caution.

“We don’t have the ships to transport such an amount so quickly. If you were to bring your transports to the skyhook above Kaeshana we could give the items to you, and receive payment all at once. We will pay for the freight costs, within reason of course.”

That way they would be coming to her, doing the exchange in friendly space so there could be no double crossing. And because Tegaea was resolutely Neutral Good she was not the sort to betray the Hutt in return.

“Two hundred thousand is sufficient, it will take one standard week to get everything ready for your collection.”
She tapped her datapad, adding figures as she went. The sums were incredible. It would clear out Firemane’s resources, but the result would be massive.
“In broad figures, I believe the total payment will be eighty million credits, give or take individual stone values, and taking into account the downpayment, which we will be covered by your deposit which will be returned. Is that acceptable?”

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo nodded once and hit the appropriate series of commands into the datapad. In a moment or two, the transfer of funds would pop up on @[member="Tegaea Alcori"]'s screen, showing that the down payment had been sent in full.

"This is acceptable," Popo stated as he perused the data. "I will have my corporation's transport ships pick up the shipment from Kaeshana to save both money and time. Upon pick up of the full order - one tonne each of gold, silver, and platinum and roughly a few hundred of emeralds, sapphires, rubies, and diamonds - you will receive the eighty million credits you desire."

To the owner of both the Wheel and the Tenloss Corporation, money was no object. Granted, with the expenses he had planned, the Hutt would need to watch his profit margin carefully, but even in the worst case scenario he could make up for the losses with liquidations of company assets, though such a tactic would be a last, emergency resort.

@[member="Popo"]

Tegaea nodded. “The platinum we cannot provide, everything else is in agreement. Might I suggest @[member="Aurelia Saelari"] for the supply of platinum? Saelari Mining and Minerals has the largest stock of platinum in the galaxy.”

As for the rest of your terms, I accept.”

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"Ah, yes, that shall be most acceptable," Popo stated with another nod. "I must have misheard you before about the platinum. My apologies."

Popo hit a few more keys on his datapad. Elsewhere in the Wheel's offices, a small crew of lawyers began drawing up a simple contract for the deal. Within an hour, or less if Popo had his way - which he usually did - the contract would be in @[member="Tegaea Alcori"]'s hands with the Hutt's signature on the legal document.

"The shipment will be ready in approximately seven business days?" Popo asked politely.

@[member="Popo"]
“Seven days. I will ensure that your transport receives clearance to dock. Thank you for your contact, I hope this is the start of a mutually beneficial trading deal for us both,” Tegaea replied courteously.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"I as well," Popo said with a nod. The business deal had gone very well and it was far cheaper than he thought it would cost. That said, the money didn't matter for the purpose the gems were for. "Thank you for your time, Ms. Alcori."

With that, Popo cut the link and leaned back in his cushion. Soon, he would have all the materials together to begin his 'pet project'...

Tegaea, as soon as the link was cut, went searching for her wife. She still limped a little, but no longer needed a stick. Indeed, she was almost bouncing with excitement when she found @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"].

“Guess what! I just closed an 80 million credit deal!” she said proudly. “For whatever reason, a Hutt wants a literal tonne of gold and silver and hundreds of gems. So, they’re coming here to collect it.” Eighty million would be enough to push them to the next level and make Firemane a true force to be reckoned with!

Siobhan did not like Hutts. Far as she was concerned they were a race of slave-trading, gangster worms who deserved to die, something no doubt influenced by her once having lived on Nar Shaddaa. But even she was taken in by her wife's seemingly boundless enthusiasm and smiled broadly, pulling her into a big hug. With this deal they could push Firemane up to the next level, finally showing that it would be a force in its own right, no longer bound to a decrepit Protectorate. Besides, she would really have to get Tegaea something special for their anniversary.

"Eighty million credits in one go? That's great news. Congrats, love. You did great. I'm proud of you," she beamed with evident pride, giving her wife a loving kiss. "I'd like to be there when they come. To make sure things go smoothly," she spoke. Siobhan was a suspicious person by nature. She was also a good deal less moral than Tegaea, but would not double-cross, since her wife would not.

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tegaea nodded. Hutts were not known for their ethical and trustworthy ways. Though Popo seemed to be on the level, one could never tell.
“I’ll leave the handling of the delivery to you. Make sure they give us the money, I’ll have Anya give you the exact amount owed, and make sure there’s no trouble or funny business. But equally, don’t provoke them if the deal is going well,” she added sternly. She didn’t want a fight, and would only resort to it if the Hutts actively tried to double cross them.

Siobhan nodded, noting the stern tone. "I won't do anything to hurt Firemane or mess up what you achieved, you know that. I'll meet with Anya to go through the details and make arrangements," she responded simply. She intensely disliked Hutts and her main skill lay in meting out violence, but she would follow orders and do as she was told, especially since they would be getting plenty of money! There was this siege tank she had wanted to build after all that should do well on the market, not to mention expanding Firemane in general so that it could move beyond Kaeshana, eventually the Protectorate.

"When will the exchange take place?"

Tegaea Alcori

Firemane Industries CEO
@[member="Popo"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

(Regeneration!)

“In one week. Popo’s ships will arrive here. I’ll make sure they have clearance. Be wary, love, but be polite. They might be doing an honest deal with no double crossing….”

And so a week passed and the agreed for time arrived. A large guard of Eldorai and Firemane personnel were on the space station orbiting Kaeshana. The Eldorai’s nascent fleet was keeping a polite, yet pointed distance just in case the Hutt’s men proved to be…well…insincere.

Tegaea herself was on the surface, but she had Siobhan there to monitor things and assume direct control of the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom