Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Garden, Blue Sky and the Sharing of Knowledge.

The Healing enclave wasn’t usually a place one might think of for a lesson in gardening, but to Vanir it was. This place boasted one of the largest and extensive collections of healing herbs within Confederacy space. In fact, some of his own collection and notes had found itself added to their library. Something that pleased him immensely. While he himself was a Healer, he was not however a member of the Healing Circle that performed their duty here. However when he had proposed the idea of lessons to those interested, they had been curious and even willing to allow it.

He had of course sent invitation to other force users, but didn’t think any would show. By the time the lesson rolled around he had a fair collection of herbalists and such, but he couldn’t sense anyone among them who could benefit further. No matter, part of the lesson was advertised as part mundane and part Other. Someone with the right skills still had time as he had in his possession a plant that when infused with energy, then added to a salve, aided Healing.

This, was the real reason behind his lesson. A humble little plant that was so common in places where the Force was strong. He wanted others to know of it, but would anyone come? After he was finished with the herbalists he sat by one of the ponds that dotted the gardens. His fingers trailing in the water and a smirk on his lips as he teased the fish trying to gulp at his fingers.

Such simple creatures would nibble at any hand in hopes of more food, but sadly he had none to toss their way. One foot was tucked under his knee, his posture relaxed. He seemed like he could easily fit into this place, but no, this kind of calling as a healer was not for him. Too sedate, too secluded and too pious for his liking. These Healers saw it as a devout duty, to the exclusion of all else and even eschewed combat. Pacifists.

To each their own, but theirs was a path that didn’t appeal. A predator would never be fully content with a life of a gentle sheep. He could respect and appreciate them of course, but he would never walk among them. The lesson thus far however had been pleasant, but in his fair world of Arbra, he wanted more. This small enclave was merely the first step in his plans for Archenwood city. And his hope for this lesson… Hadn’t bore fruit just yet.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
Knowledge was the foundation of which the Jedi used to support the vast billions of people across the Galaxy, knowledge and discipline alongside the Force; Caedyn had been taught not to keep his social circles small, for bias could restrict the potential learning one might gain if otherwise willing to step away from what was familiar and meet with others of differing backgrounds, beliefs and world views.

While Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe was a great influence and factor in what had led him to take more of an active interest within the Confederacy of Independent Systems, it was also that knowledge that might be gained, experiences that would help the Jedi Knight to better himself and further develop what he hoped would one day be the representation of a good Jedi and a servant to the people.

Vanir Eris Vanir Eris ' invitation had not gone unnoticed. If for no one else, than at least Caedyn had stumbled upon it and thought to attend out of interest in what differing methods the healers of arbra applied. His experience within the healing arts had been taught through the Je'daii teachings of Mahara Kesh, not those of the typical Jedi techniques yet the practice of Curato Salva had also been useful to learn atop of what he had acquired during his Padawan and Journeying years.

By the time of his arrival within the Gardens, he had expected to come across a group of others, yet much to his surprise he found himself looking upon a single individual which left him to ponder whether or not he'd gotten mixed up in the location of where the class was meant to be held. "Excuse me..." Caedyn spoke up to the stranger, the male's presence carrying something of a wild feeling from what Caedyn could sense through the force, leaving him a little uncertain of who he was reaching out to.

"You wouldn't happen to know a..." He paused to double-check his datapad's screen displaying the invitations details, "Vanir Eris, would you?".

Crystal clear blue eyes turned to regard the man, followed by an amused and mischievous smirk. They say the Jedi ooze Jedi-ness and somehow looking upon this fellow I cannot refute the proof of this being an actual phenomenon. Is he truly as earnest as he looks or is there a wolf under there?

One thing he knew for certain, this stranger was not to be taken lightly. The way he moved, the surety of his footfalls on the path, spoke of a fighter’s dance. When the Lopara stood up to his full six foot eight height he was easily taller than the other man. And certainly heavier at a lithe and athletic two hundred and forty pounds. Though this one wasn’t dressed as he expected, he could Sense it. They were of similar standing in power, though it was hard to say. He’d have to fight him to test himself, but there was no reason to do so. This stranger wasn’t an enemy after all, but a bought could be fun all the same.

He tilted his head with a grin. “Aye, that would be me. I despaired that my invitation would be left begging, but lo, here you are. No others I suspect are coming, but no matter. Even one lonely soul is better to share with than none at all. Just means you get to benefit from my full attention. So. What is your name stranger so that even if you remain strange, you shall be known all the same.

He closed the distance between them without hardly making a sound as he walked across the gravel. There was a predator’s grace in the way he moved, more than simply due to a warrior’s training. No Force presence, but that very lack could easily speak of having such training. Some wear their power around their shoulders as both beacon and warning, others, though few, prefer to be unobtrusive. For Van, he had nothing to prove or warn against, he was but one of the few students that followed the Path.

And today, that Path led him to meeting a Jedi to share information about plants. Well, for now anyways. Since the rest of his plans lay scattered like leaves waiting to be raked, he could do as he pleased now. Truth was, he was actually quite happy with this new change. He didn’t know what to expect now. He offered his hand once he was in arm’s reach. “Hope you don’t mind if I leave all my plans scattered on the gravel. With only you to benefit I find myself happy to just take things as they come.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
Vanir Eris Vanir Eris had a peculiar way with words, speaking with an uncommon tongue, though Caedyn found it rather refreshing. It wasn't the wording of your average folk, subtle tweaks, presenting himself in an elegant fashion with but a few curiously chosen phrases here and there. "Just the two of us huh" Caedyn reiterated with a slight chuckle, offering a nod of acceptance; "Suits me well enough then. I'm new to Confederate Space, so slow and steady sounds just my style" he smiled.

Looking about their surrounding environment, Caedyn found himself rather fond of the Gardens that had clearly and professionally been cared for. His father had always talked about how nature was the most pure embodiment of the Force, untouched by the meddling of science and sentience alike. The trees, the leaves and the wind that carried through all; The flowers as they blossomed in the sunlight and the earth where they lay their roots and was filled with all manner of insects. It was all connected, and gave strength of life to the Force, and vice versa.

"I saw on your notice that you're knowledgeable in the use and application of herbs, alchemy and the like for medicinal practice?" the Jedi Knight asked, just to be clear he had understood the script properly; "I found myself curious to what herbs you used, and how common they might be. Were I to be injured in the field, it could be rather useful knowledge...-Although I'm a trained healer in the Je'daii art of Mahara Kesh, an alternative would still be appreciated" he explained. The Force was an amazing gift, a blessing truly; However it was a Jedi's duty to restrain oneself from becoming fully dependent on it's use least they take it for granted and start to abuse it's practice.

Vanir’s eyes lit up when he asked about plants and his grin got wider. “Firstly allow me to welcome you to the Confederacy then. I have never heard of such teachings and would very much like to pick your brain over them and learn. As for what I know?

Everything around them seemed as if it had been built to work with nature instead of squat on top of it. The whole enclave winded around elder trees and of the younger, those moved to where they would better flourish. “I designed and built this place, as I have for the Capitol too. Which if you wish, I can take you on a tour there and even show you my own gardens. Now, I do need your name because I will have to call you something and I am not particularly gifted with coming up with names. I might resort to calling you Fluffy if you keep me in the dark.

He was only half kidding too. He led them into the forest and looked around as they walked, eventually finding a small bush with red flowers and silvery green leaves. “This is one of our native herbs. I have found that it is wonderful for ill stomach. Dairy and I have a love hate relationship and a single milkshake is enough to make me green and wonder why it tries to kill me. This little plant? If you pull the liquid from it, the amount from eight leaves is enough to see the affliction stop within an hour. I can manipulate water, most things hold water within them. So with a bit of careful attention every iota of water within the leaf is drawn out. I am sure there is a mechanical process to this of course, but if you have the skill I would consider it the best method.

He quietly started to dig, the ground soft and loamy, soil rich and dark. Eventually he pulled up a tuber like root roughly the size of an egg. A smell like roses along with a smell that had a warm bite in the way ginger warmed and bit if tasted. “It likes shade and it produces tubers fairly quickly once it takes. Strangely while the leaves provide stomach relief, the tubers if grated and dried create an astringent powder that makes a great dry antibacterial. Hurts like hell though.

He then pulled from the pouch at his side a cloth bag that he unfurled, setting the tuber inside before handing the bag to him. “It's easier to hunt for local flora and harvest than taking from the gardens. My own gardens I can give you seeds or plants as mine are more established. The enclave has only been functional a couple moons and frankly, I do want the excuse to show you my collection and lab.

He stood up and started walking again, this time he started to look on trees that had deep shadows on their southern side. “I’m looking for a particular mushroom now, one I shall not be harvesting. It makes a wonderful painkiller and numbing agent, but the smell is unholy. Probably one of the worst things I have smelled and… No amount of washing your hands or tools will get rid of it. And that stink? The greatest repellant of well, anything, including insects. I have some of it cultivated already and can give you some of the culture to grow. I am sure the Jedi have ample apprentices who might need a lesson now and again that warrants harvesting. I just use a droid...

Once he found it he would see something roughly the size of half a large plate. It was a soft powdery blue with spots of green that glowed in the gloom. Vanir used a small twig to rub along the top and the shroom shivered and, he quickly got out of the way as a fine dust puffed up. The stink was incredible and powerful. The Lopara had managed to keep from being dusted and them moved down wind with a cough, eyes watering a little. “Just one of these can create three containers of salve. The effect lasts for hours, I haven’t seen any side effects or hint of addicting dependence.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn bowed his head in appreciation and thanks for the warm welcome, "I appreciate that, thank you. I was encouraged to visit the Confederacy thanks to my Partner, Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe " the Jedi Knight explained, however wished to elaborate for the sake of not appearing rude or biased in any way, "The Silver Jedi and the Confederacy also held a long-standing Alliance for a good number of years too, and I felt it was about time I became more personally acquainted with our old friends" he smiled warmly.

It had been a credit to the alliance between the Order of the Silver Jedi and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, that the criminal Mandalorian Empire formerly known as the United Clans of Mandalore, had been brought to justice and removed from the public and political stage of the Galaxy.
Through a series of costly battles, both in defense of the Silver Sector, and against the United Clans territories, the two Forces had overcome the terrorist power. Unfortunately, the perceived allies of the Mandalorians, the Sith Empire saw an opportunity to strike and enslaved the Mandalorian Homeworld during their weakest moment, finishing any chance of revolt and yet also strengthening the Sith to the Northern sectors.

Being reminded that he'd neglected to introduce himself properly, Caedyn blinked back a surprised glare and quickly chuckled to save face; "My apologies, where are my manners..." He replied earnestly, "My name's Caedyn Arenais, Son of Veiere and NPC Treasury NPC Treasury Arenais" he amended with a smirk. Truthfully, Caedyn didn't expect that the name would carry much weight within Confederate Space, yet he was more amused at the fact he'd forgotten himself so. Obviously he'd been more concerned over whether or not he had the right place for the intended lesson at all.

Listening to the man talk about the herbs, showing a few of them and giving examples of their use. Listening to Vanir Eris Vanir Eris , it was rather evident that the man had put a lot of time and effort into his learning and the pursuit of knowledge on the subject. What was it called, herbology? Was that even a word? Caedyn grinned faintly to himself, though didn't voice the question in the moment.

Vanir would soon turn his attention towards a rather peculiar colored mushroom, explaining it to have attributes that Caedyn failed to imagine how exactly one might go about harvesting and molding it into. His brows lifted curiously as the man seemed to poke at the fungus, and the shroom soon moved as if withdrawing from the touch. Suddenly, the shroom dispersed a cloud of oddly toned vapor and with Vanir backing away from it quickly, Caedyn also remained in place with more than ample distance out of range of the stuff. Although the smell was Gods awful.

"Is that spray as harmful as it smells?" he asked, sounding ever so put-out by the offensive scent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vanir laughed and grinned with a shrug. “Honestly… I never considered the idea that this stench could be weaponized. Maybe as a riot deterrent? A gas to drive out nested criminals? It certainly has potential.

He started walking again, taking another path, though this one was made by animals and not humanoid feet. “I was under the impression Jedi have an allergic reaction to anything not robes. Is there a story behind your deviance?”

It was a myth that Jedi didn’t do without robes and he knew this, but he did feel like teasing the man just a little. Knowing the whys of why he did things would also help him learn more about who Caedyn was as a person.

The Lopara was relaxed as they walked, of course he was normally relaxed. The forest around them carried all manner of sounds and all those sounds were as they should be. Occasionally he’d pause at a new sound, though only he could hear, but then would start walking again. The path they were on circled the Enclave and rounded back to where they had met, but in that time it took them deeper into the forest.

Something in his demeanor changed once they were off the beaten path. Something in his eyes, something in his body. Nothing dangerous, but it was clear the man was more at home in the wild. “So, tell me about yourself? You hear rumors and stories of the Jedi, but you’ll be the first I have ever met.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn Arenais chuckled softly at the mention of his attire, rather more casual than he would usually wear, yet Confederate Space wasn't exactly home to many Jedi as evidenced by Vanir Eris Vanir Eris 's lack of meeting any until now; "To be honest I'm quite fond of my sets of robes and tunics, however many people seem to have preconceptions of who Jedi are, and it's easier to meet people without that immediate bias in the air, you know?"

He was very much the friendly sort, and always preferred to get on with others, to work alongside them on mutual ground rather than having to contend with that age old power dynamic that most often accompanied peoples opinions and expectations when in the company of Jedi...-Or Force Users in general for that matter.

"From what I've heard, the Confederacy is largely present with Dark Siders. The last thing I wanted to do was show up and accidentally cause a scene, should anyone find my presence off putting at all" he further elaborated. The relationship between Force Users of different affiliations and chosen paths were so often tense, especially with the history of conflict between the Jedi and the Sith. Caedyn wasn't one to shoot first and ask questions later, rather he wished to avoid violence wherever he could, yet some Jedi were known for being proactive in the fight against the Sith, thus he had been mindful of the possibility that others might peg him as one in the same.

"Don't believe everything you hear about Jedi, we're not that much different from the rest of the Galaxy" Caedyn grinned, answering Vanir as the man had asked after him and his role as a Jedi Knight; "We try to do what we can for people wherever possible, and obviously our attunement to the Force is of the lightside compared to the Sith, but we're still sentient at the end of the day. We feel, we bleed and we fall like any other" Caedyn remarked with a half smirk, glad to be able to put any rumors to rest right then and there.

"As for myself, I was born and raised on Commenor to Veiere and Kay Arenais. I was trained by a woman named Asha Hex within the Order of the Je'daii, but when they disbanded I moved to join up with the Silvers. I've done a bit of work in the Outer Rim, but I returned back to Kashyyyk and wound up taking a Padawan on".

Vanir snorted. “Trust me, I might mention a rumor, but believe them? Never. The Confederacy isn’t all those of the darker set. I myself claim no particular philosophy to follow, I merely consider myself a perpetual student. There is so much one can do with the Force… Have I killed men with it? Yes. Have I plotted out the murder of another for my own end, no. Do I enjoy the thrill of a fight? Whole heartedly. I can even go so far as to say that to protect what I hold dear I would glass an entire plant, if I had to. I just do not seek out conflict for the sake of sowing it. I also do not seek to subjugate others, just because I could. However, how I would do things, would set me in conflict with the Jedi as easily as they would also the Sith, as examples.

He looked up at the trees that blocked the sky. “If it is something I do not know, I would seek to learn it. The learning might be unpleasant, but educating one’s self is rarely pleasant nor without sacrifice. I just do not limit myself to one particular mindset for to do so makes it easy to manipulate. What travels the same road often becomes reticent and unreceptive to change. I also think that if you set aside the ideal that there is Light and Dark, you will find that there is more or least beneficial choices, but that in the end we are all students of the Force. There are those that exist who are monsters who need to be put down lest they do more harm, but, none of them reside within this territory.

They turned a corner on the path and Vanir stepped off it to walk towards the sound of water. While his present company probably wouldn’t hear it immediately, the closer they got, the louder the trickle of water became. They eventually came to a shallow creek and beside it was several bushes with bright yellow flowers. He plucked off one and popped it into his mouth. It tasted like onion and carrot. “This bush, leaves and flowers, is a good cooking herb. There is a shop within my capitol that makes a great relish with this, its good in soups too. Its like onion and carrot, made the detour to this just cuz its an interesting plant. I have seeds and whole plants at home. They smell like the way carrot tops taste, at least to my nose.

It also made a good spot for what he had planned to teach. He moved to sit on a large flat rock, carrying more of the plant. This plant was also receptive to sparking growth, even if its making it grow roots or grow bigger. "Now I get to show you something interesting. Something that can apply to seeds or even sprouted plants. Hopefully its something new to you..."

Caedyn Arenais

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom